• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nope.
It's the stupid human nature to try to deny when they don't agree.
But nothing's set until we have something official, likely beyond mass doubt, abso-friggin-lutely.
Effectively no chance whatsoever on these NOT being the starter evos.
Just upset that they went in a lackluster way with Litten, imo.
I'm as upset as anybody about WWE Litten Cena...but I can't keep convincing myself that these are fake when the evidence suggests otherwise...

But I will reserve myself until further confirmation because we only have leaked images to go off of for now...perhaps it'll at least look better with it's in game model revealed...

If at the end of the day I'm still not satisfied, Rowlet was always my back-up...and it's Archer Owl final form is satisfactory to me...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I woke up and watched the new Sun and Moon trailer. Here are my thoughts.

Alola forms for old Pokemon? That surprised me, but what we got so far looks pretty decent. Exeguttor's looks a bit odd at first, but I think I'll get used to it. I believe it's one of the largest Pokemon around, towering at 35'09''. Not as big as Wailord, but that's still pretty big. Grass/Dragon is a surprising typing, but hey, I guess that makes it more competitively viable. I was also shocked when I learned that it has a fourth head on its tail.

The Vulpix line's Alola forms look really nice. Ice/Fairy is a neat type combination too. The Sandshrew line becoming Ice/Steel and gaining some neat-looking forms alts is cool too. I was a bit surprised the Nineties and Sandslash lines underwent such a radical type change considering both Fire and Ground fit the Alola region really well, but after reading the descriptions how they became those types, I can understand the reasons. I can't wait to see what other Pokemon

As for the new Pokemon, Oricorio looks pretty neat with its different forms for each island. That ability is going to be pretty interesting for competitive considering it can use a foe's "Dance" move immediately after it is used. Minior looks rather odd. It looks like some sort of scientific particle. The "unshielded" form looks cute though.

Gumshoos made me laugh the first time I saw it. And just when we all joked about how Yangoose looked so much like Trump, we get its evolution looking even more like Trump. I called it there would be memes regarding Gumshoos, and first thing I see when I entered this thread, we already got one. I still like Gumshoos design though; much better than the pre-evolution in my opinion.

Can't say much about Fomantis, but its evolution, Lurantis, is definitely one of, if not my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far. I really like the design: elegant and pretty with a dual-slashing ability. Mudbray looks OK. I knew it that Mudsdale was the final evolution of something, and now we've got the pre-evolution.

So it looks we won't be having the gym leader system anymore thanks to the island challenges. Well, I know the island challenges are meant to the Alola version of the Pokemon League, but it's great to see a breath of fresh air. The trial captains revealed so far look pretty neat. Kiawe reminds me of Gym Leader Grant, especially because both have a similar hairstyle. We know one of the kahuna, and it is Hala. I wonder what his team will consist of: Pokemon sharing a type, or a balanced team? I can't wait to see the other kahunas.

The Poke-ride system looks interesting. I like how you can summon a certain Pokemon when you need to. I'm also glad we finally have the reveal of the Z-moves. I only wonder how will a Pokemon hold onto a "Z crystal," because if it's a held item, that means Pokemon that can Mega Evolve probably won't gain access to the Z moves if they hold a Mega Stone.

As for the leaked information, if those starters truly are the real deal now (though I can understand why considering the information matchup and one of the trial challengers appearing on the concept art of the Litten evolution), then I can honestly say I will pick Popplio for one playthrough. I'm digging the mermaid design. Rowlet looks pretty cool to with the Archer design too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even slower and with a terrible typing and ability?

Wow.

R.I.P.
I'd also guess better defence stats but I don't have high hopes for competitive battling Sandslash.

Still one of my favorites for adventure teams though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The leaks are real, huzzah! Now I'm more than excited for Entermaid.

Today is my birthday!

I feel 2016 wasn't exciting as I was expecting from Nintendo I really hope that Nintendo give us something very very exciting in 2017 just like they did in 2014
Happy Birthday fellow Geno fan. May you eat all the cake in the world. :3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what else was in the Chinese leaks besides the starter evolutions?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if Ash is in concept art for the games, does that mean Ash is in Sun and Moon?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Actually, despite my negativity, Coldsteel typing has lots of resistances, not just a few 4x weaknesses. It's our new Aggron
Well, at least Aggron has Sturdy so it can survive more than one turn... and a Mega.

But yeah, at least this Sandslash will be better than Luvdisc and Farfetch'd.

A thing that would be really awesome would be giving defensive buffs to the Ice type.
But I doubt that will happen, even if this trailer revealed things that were impossible.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys.
Looking in associated leaks on all the stuff.

"Rowlet's evo is Fukurou (Grass/Flying), Litten's evo is Tora (Fire/Dark), and Popplio's evo is Aniku (Water/Fairy)."

WE MAY BE MILDLY SAVED

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ice/Steel is a decent typing...save for it's two 4x weaknesses...
Weaknesses
4x Fire
4x Fighting
2x Ground

Resists
Grass
Normal
Dragon
Fairy
Bug
Ice
Psychic
Flying

Immune

Poison (unless its a Salandit then your ****ed)

I suspect they'll have better defenses...

----

Also just checked out the website Exeggutor's Alolan form is 35 feet tall!!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So what else was in the Chinese leaks besides the starter evolutions?
Here it is:

Cresselia~~'s translation
Leak is TEXT ONLY.
Red line indicates the part that accurately predicted Salandit.

> There will be no gyms.
> Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. The E4 will be like the owners of each island.

> Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is water fairy.
> Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different. Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja.
> There will be new dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber. Rockruff evolves into a werewolf.
> Mashadow has a very unique typing.

Level51's translation
(In order to verify my leaks, Smogon mod "nerd" had to find another person to translate, so that they can know whether my translations are correct.)

Level 51: the red part is 'there's a fire + poison pokemon'
assuming it refers to salandit or w/e
so the red part is there's a new fire + poison mon
then 'the stone dog will evolve into a werewolf' (assuming that's rockruff there)
there's a new mushroom pokemon
Level 51: snowman pokemon
Cresselia~~ : Oh, I forgot to translate the mushroom bit.
Level 51: it's mushroom i'm pretty sure
Level 51: there's a... football monkey?
Cresselia~~ : I'd translate it as "rugby" monkey.
Level 51: there's a sea cucumber pokemon as well apparently
Level 51: it says something after that but my chinese isnt good enough to read that. don't think it refers to a new pokemon though
Cresselia~~: I think this part says "the trademarked name Marshadow is a mythical Pokemon with very unique typing."

Level 51: "there are many unmarked locations on the map, which form districts (?); these districts contain very strong pokemon, known as overlords (?)."
Cresselia~~ : I think overlords is a good enough translation.

Level 51: "the royal three are in the end distinguished as (arrow something), (breaking something hand), (siren something)
Level 51: cant find anything about starters
Cresselia~~ : "the royal three " is what we call "starters" in Chinese. It's archer, wrestler and siren.
There's also a separate Reddit leak (edit: It's actually 4chan, it was reposted on Reddit) that has turned out to be right so far.

What The Rumor Includes

• There actually are No Gyms

• There is more than one evolution for Rockruff including a Werewolf

• Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy

• Time works differently in each version

• There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying)

• Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats

• The stone bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution

• Ash-Greninja is in the game

• S.S Anne appears in the game

• Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen

• Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances

• Furfrou's hair cut can be changes in the new Amie

• Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Mentions the Abra line)

• Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon

• There is a flying type bird whose appearance varies each island

• There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type

• There is a Snowman like mentioned in the Chinese rumor and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stage

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did we really just get a Pokémon named Gumshoos?

I-it's beautiful. It's a beautiful name and a beautiful design. I just can't get over it. :joyful:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
btw, can you say whyZinnia's a ***** in the manga? Apparently she's coming back
She's a lot more forceful, is perfectly okay with killing people (no-one dies but it's still pretty brutal and there is blood), and is somewhat of a zealot in the manga. She does get more of a backstory as well as a needed slap on the face, courtesy of Rayquaza. Basically it's the games but with more emotion in terms of storytelling and art-style which multiplies her positive and negative aspects. I didn't personally like her as a character to begin with, but I'd be hyped to see if they give her some needed character development should she return.

That said Green potentially returning makes sense considering the manga expands his original role in Gen 6 to researching Zygarde.

EDIT: The new ORAS chapter has been confirmed for release tomorrow.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So if Ash is in concept art for the games, does that mean Ash is in Sun and Moon?
I guess it's a possibility, considering that Alain was actually referenced by Steven during the Delta episode in OR/AS. On the other hand, I think that trainer who looks like Ash in the concept arm could just be the Sun and Moon trainer with different customization. Perhaps one of the customizations for clothing in the upcoming games will allow you to pick clothes that are identical to what Ash wears.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
"They really turned me into a Pokémon, pal."

Gumshoes.png

I just had to do this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess it's a possibility, considering that Alain was actually referenced by Steven during the Delta episode in OR/AS. On the other hand, I think that trainer who looks like Ash in the concept arm could just be the Sun and Moon trainer with different customization. Perhaps one of the customizations for clothing in the upcoming games will allow you to pick clothes that are identical to what Ash wears.
True, although the pikachu is an interesting addition. But that would make more sense.

Also, I wonder if there's a Alola pikachu.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
True, although the pikachu is an interesting addition. But that would make more sense.

Also, I wonder if there's a Alola pikachu.
I wouldn't be surprised since Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot. It'd be cool if it and its evolution line got the Alola form love though. I found it odd that Raichu didn't get a Mega Evolution during generation 6, so I think an Alola form will make up for it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There is two, actually. They're called Togedemaru and Mimikyu.
I will always call Mimikyu "Creepychu". >3< and Togedemaru is so round and softie looking that I'm gonna die. Also, I have been wondering, what is the reason for all the Pikachu clones to always keep their romanized/japanese names?

View attachment 113448

I've been waiting for this ever sice the name was revealed.

It's even more glorious than I imagined.

TBH the name alone is enough for me to consider him for the team, although the whole looking like trump thing is a turn off

Also to anyone who didn't read the site gumshoos goes long periods of time without eating. . . sound familiar? Someone needs to introduce gumshoos to ramen
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love the idea of Z-Moves, though if they are bound to the Pokemon's NAIN typing, we'll finally have a difference in their order. Also, Flying Z-Moves will be a rarity with a total of 3 as of now

I love the new Pokemon but especially that dancing bird and the Grass type with Solar Blade

And the Alola forms are the best thing like holy **** I love Alola!Sandslash and Alola!Ninetales

And finally, I like that they are changing the Gym formula, we have 4 that represent the 4 starter elements and 4 "Hakuna" so it's still effectivelly the same while being a bit of fresh air
Also, Totem Pokemon are what I always wanted: a wild Pokemon as a powered-up boss
Today is my birthday!

I feel 2016 wasn't exciting as I was expecting from Nintendo I really hope that Nintendo give us something very very exciting in 2017 just like they did in 2014
Happy birthday then!
Also, nice avi

Gamefreak leaked Alola Exeggutor back in the Kanto era.
Damn we're clearly not digging deep enough.
Found Alola!Tirtouga and Alola!Hitmontop

View attachment 113448

That was literally the first thing I thought when I saw its name, I'm using one just to name it Gumshoe tbh

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Tomy just posted an image of their new toy, it shows all of the stones, so I thought it'd be interesting to show.

I wouldn't be surprised since Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot. It'd be cool if it and its evolution line got the Alola form love though. I found it odd that Raichu didn't get a Mega Evolution during generation 6, so I think an Alola form will make up for it.
Game Freak: What's a Raichu?

I'd be interested to see what they'd do with Pikachu, it's a Pokémon that's so iconic that you'd have to be careful with whatever new form and type they go with, so I'm interested to see what they'd come up with if they go in that direction.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Tomy just posted an image of their new toy, it shows all of the stones, so I thought it'd be interesting to show.

Game Freak: What's a Raichu?

I'd be interested to see what they'd do with Pikachu, it's a Pokémon that's so iconic that you'd have to be careful with whatever new form and type they go with, so I'm interested to see what they'd come up with if they go in that direction.
10/10 would actually buy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if pikachu got one but raichu didn't lol.
There is two, actually. They're called Togedemaru and Mimikyu.
touche, but we need this pikachu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom