• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sooo.....when is that SEGA thing again?
2AM GMT. And it's a 4-5 hour stream.

It's either pull an all-nighter and sleep through half of Saturday, or sleep through the evening tomorrow, if you wanna watch it live.

I'll be doing the latter.

Splatoon/ Hey Arnold crossover confirmed.

Seriously though, can't wait for this movie.
Is it actually going to be in theaters, or is it just being aired on Nickelodeon?

It's been ages since I've watched the show but I used to really like it as a kid so if it's in the cinema, that'd be great.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
2AM GMT. And it's a 4-5 hour stream.

It's either pull an all-nighter and sleep through half of Saturday, or sleep through the evening tomorrow, if you wanna watch it live.

I'll be doing the latter.
I'll check back after it streams, thanks. Got things to do so I don't wanna miss the morning.
edit: wut. Saturday? awww. for a moment thought it's tomorrow.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Is it actually going to be in theaters, or is it just being aired on Nickelodeon?

It's been ages since I've watched the show but I used to really like it as a kid so if it's in the cinema, that'd be great.
It's a TV movie.
It was a canceled movie from awhile ago that they decided to bring back.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Aww, that's a shame.

I'll probably find a way to see it, but being in the cinema would have made it more accessible for me.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they did some sort of theater screening. The Killing Joke movie is going to be available in some movie theaters, at least in the U.S.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but Juri's SFV reveal trailer has just been posted.

She's got a pretty rocking theme! It's also confirmed she'll be added on Tuesday, July 26.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but Juri's SFV reveal trailer has just been posted.

She's got a pretty rocking theme! It's also confirmed she'll be added on Tuesday, July 26.
<3<3<3
She looks badass as always. I adore her new black/white effects.
tho why is sfv so much more sexualised urgh.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

That thumbnail's got a nice angle
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MainJPW

M.T.A
So if anyone is interested very recently a bunch of interesting stuff for Sonic Adventure was documented on Sonic Retro and TCRF, the TCRF page for both the AutoDemo prototype pages have been heavily updated, lots of very interesting changes and beta stuff ( including two texture files that were compiled as far back as July 1997, back when the game would've been more classic styled ).

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Sonic_Adventure_(Dreamcast)/AutoDemo
https://tcrf.net/Proto:Sonic_Adventure_(Dreamcast)/AutoDemo/Stage_Differences

Thanks to the user TheRedEye, we have new screens from a prototype of SA that were given to the press at Sega Gamer's Day 1998:
https://m.imgur.com/a/6GYVi

Here we can get a better look at the old lighting system which was more similar to what we would see in SA2.
image.jpeg

Side note; we also get a clearer look at the old Chaos 0 fight area ( City Hall ) which was larger and had two buildings at the entrance which were later removed.
And we get another look at the old Windy Valley:
More technical changes are documented on this page: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31432&view=findpost&p=863821
What's interesting here is that there's a camera file leftover that was likely used for one of the three cut stages.

All in all good time to be a Sonic Adventure fan, really interesting to still see new things being uncovered about the game's mysterious development.

D

Deleted member

You know sometimes i see a lot of people complaining how "Sonic has never worked in 3D"........

........yet they never bring up any other Video Game series that also had a hard time getting into 3D, like Earthworm Jim for example.

Just a thought that popped into my head.

DISCLAIMER: Im not a part of the "Sonic doesn't work in 3D club", just in case you're wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So if anyone is interested very recently a bunch of interesting stuff for Sonic Adventure was documented on Sonic Retro and TCRF, the TCRF page for both the AutoDemo prototype pages have been heavily updated, lots of very interesting changes and beta stuff ( including two texture files that were compiled as far back as July 1997, back when the game would've been more classic styled ).

Thanks to the user TheRedEye, we have new screens from a prototype of SA that were given to the press at Sega Gamer's Day 1998:

Here we can get a better look at the old lighting system which was more similar to what we would see in SA2.

More technical changes are documented on this page: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31432&view=findpost&p=863821
What's interesting here is that there's a camera file leftover that was likely used for one of the three cut stages.

All in all good time to be a Sonic Adventure fan, really interesting to still see new things being uncovered about the game's mysterious development.
The original Sonic Adventure already had better lighting than SADX, but some of these look even better. That first one especially looks great.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Juri's new outfit looks like a combination of the last Smash DLC characters.

:4bayonetta2::4corrinf:

Weird skin tight suit with no shoes.

She looks better in lV.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The original Sonic Adventure already had better lighting than SADX, but some of these look even better. That first one especially looks great.
It also originally ran at 60fps:

If all of those clips are from the same build, and not throughout development, this tells us that the game struggled to stay 60 FPS most of the time, like it does on the eventual Gamecube port years later. It'd make sense if they locked the frame rate to 30 instead of 60. This was also probably running on a Dev kit, which maybe explains why the prototype versions had a better lighting system than the final release versions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HOLY **** BATMAN, A TOAD WITH A DIFFERENT OUTFIT IN 2016

Would you believe me if i told you that i find this discovery more interesing than the Breakdancing Pig?

No really, i thought that all Toads had the same outfit, so this took me by suprrise. Yeah im weird.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It also originally ran at 60fps:

If all of those clips are from the same build, and not throughout development, this tells us that the game struggled to stay 60 FPS most of the time, like it does on the eventual Gamecube port years later. It'd make sense if they locked the frame rate to 30 instead of 60. This was also probably running on a Dev kit, which maybe explains why the prototype versions had a better lighting system than the final release versions.
The best part of this video was the two seconds of Segata Sanshiro. :p

Chrono.

Man, Juri's Critical Art has to be the lamest looking one in the game.

My biggest regret still is never getting to play the Dreamcast version of SA1.

These beta screens look quite good as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now it's a party.
I thought this was confirmed a while ago when the event was announced. Plus, this event is essentially a Sonic Boom event (not the show, I mean the concert/convention thing the Americans have been getting annually for a while now), just made a bit bigger for the Anniversary.

Oh well, it's hype either way!

I also can't wait until Summer of Sonic since Crush 40 is doing a concert there too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you guys know how to fix the "GPS signal not found" problem in Pokemon GO?
While like ChikoLad said, it is an usually unfixable problem. One of 3 things will sometimes fix it but it's all random.:

1) game will fix itself quickly and work again.

2)sometimes heading into your maps app and then back to go works.

3) Resetting the phone and rebooting could work occasionally. I have an Iphone so I don't know about Android. But holding down the power button till it says power off and then sliding it. After this wait a few seconds and hold down your power to reboot. Then going back to the app might fix it.

Granted they don't always work but may help occasionally.

Now on a side note:

What time tomorrow is the Sonic stream in EST?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

That Tails one is everything.
This is an interesting crossover. I like it. Wait, was Hello Kitty one of those poll options for what crossovers you'd want to see?

Oh and I think I captured the Hail Hydra name perfectly with this:
Captain-America-Featured-05252016.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is an interesting crossover. I like it. Wait, was Hello Kitty one of those poll options for what crossovers you'd want to see?

Oh and I think I captured the Hail Hydra name perfectly with this:
The Hello Kitty crossover was teased a loooooooooooooong time ago.

It's been in the works for ages. Went dead for a while for no reason. And recently resurfaced.

So I don't think it has anything to do with that poll.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

That Tails one is everything.
These Sonic redesigns are getting out of hand.
Now on a side note:

What time tomorrow is the Sonic stream in EST?
9:00 pm

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm avoiding Twitter tomorrow because there's some rumors and rumblings of leaks and I am not letting this ruin it the live stream for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seeing how the topic of sonic adventure 1 has popped up.
Can I just say of all the songs to get a modern updated remix.
I am over the moon to see this one get a chance.
"The train headed for the mystic ruins will be departing soon"
How did I not know about these remixes.

The Metal Harbour one is godly.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Seeing how the topic of sonic adventure 1 has popped up.
Can I just say of all the songs to get a modern updated remix.
I am over the moon to see this one get a chance.
"The train headed for the mystic ruins will be departing soon"
Some of the Sonic games I want the most is full-on remakes of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Improvements in level design and gameplay, updated music, improving the animations of cutscenes, probably rewrite the script a bit (nothing too major), and include stuff that was originally meant to be in the game. Things like the scrapped dragon boss in Sky Chase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom