• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Hello Kitty crossover was teased a loooooooooooooong time ago.

It's been in the works for ages. Went dead for a while for no reason. And recently resurfaced.

So I don't think it has anything to do with that poll.
I see, I thought I heard about it before. Thanks, it's cool to see some more crossovers.

These Sonic redesigns are getting out of hand.

9:00 pm
A little later, but I should be able to see it, thanks!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Some of the Sonic games I want the most is full-on remakes of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Improvements in level design and gameplay, updated music, improving the animations of cutscenes, probably rewrite the script a bit (nothing too major), and include stuff that was originally meant to be in the game. Things like the scrapped dragon boss in Sky Chase.
Never forget.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So after reading all Nibroc's tweets and his bio all I have to say is...

I'm not saying the plot of the next Sonic game is where the universe gets ****ed over into a reset/retcon and sonic has to deal with being the only one who remembers the previous universe/reality...

...But I'm saying that the plot of the next Sonic game is where the universe gets ****ed over into a reset/retcon and sonic has to deal with being the only one who remembers the previous universe/reality.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm not saying the plot of the next Sonic game is where the universe gets ****ed over into a reset/retcon and sonic has to deal with being the only one who remembers the previous universe/reality...

...But I'm saying that the plot of the next Sonic game is where the universe gets ****ed over into a reset/retcon and sonic has to deal with being the only one who remembers the previous universe/reality.

Let's hope Pontac and Graff don't ruin it, because they tend to find a way to make even the most compelling concepts as lukewarm as can be.

Because that would be an awesome plot idea.

Like if Sonic went through what happened at the end of Mario Galaxy and he's the only one who remembers stuff.

------------

I should be in bed but I'm getting real hyped.

Here's a video that helped pump me up.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

That's literally the plot of the Archie Comics series from a couple years back, though.

. . .I don't think I'd personally be particularly happy if that happened.

D

Deleted member

So..............Sonic The Hedgehog: Spin Ball Run?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's literally the plot of the Archie Comics series from a couple years back, though.

. . .I don't think I'd personally be particularly happy if that happened.
I think he meant less like an actual reboot, and more like something like what happened in Generations, only much more expansive.

The universe gets rebooted Mario Galaxy style, and Sonic is the only one who remembers how things used to be. Everyone else is different and some of his old friends don't remember him, so he has to do something to restore the universe to the way it once was one friend at a time.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Love this video!
Though it's a bit odd seeing this cutscene play out without Sonic interrupting Shadow.
"You're not even good enough to be my fa--"
"I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!"
I never understood why people thought that was an issue with the game, people cut each other off in real life all the time; I mean why would he let Shadow finish that sentence anyway? He was getting ready to kick his ass. :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never understood why people thought that was an issue with the game, people cut each other off in real life all the time; I mean why would he let Shadow finish that sentence anyway? He was getting ready to kick his ***. :laugh:
It was kinda poorly executed though because Shadow still finishes the whole line and Sonic's line just plays over it.

Normally when you cut someone off, they suddenly stop talking partly out of brief surprise and partly because they subconsciously have a desire to hear what you are cutting them off to say.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
And Nibroc's Twitter has become normal again.
That was an experience.
I never understood why people thought that was an issue with the game, people cut each other off in real life all the time; I mean why would he let Shadow finish that sentence anyway? He was getting ready to kick his ***. :laugh:
That scene was probably the least offensive example of it, but SA2 is notorious for having some poor sound mixing. To the point were there's a cutscene were Shadow interrupts himself.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think he meant less like an actual reboot, and more like something like what happened in Generations, only much more expansive.

The universe gets rebooted Mario Galaxy style, and Sonic is the only one who remembers how things used to be. Everyone else is different and some of his old friends don't remember him, so he has to do something to restore the universe to the way it once was one friend at a time.
Well that I'd probably at least look into. It'd depend on how it was implemented, though.

I just like the established plot in the games right now and I'd be nervous around a reboot.

It doesn't help any that I saw a picture of Sally mixed into the garbled images.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well that I'd probably at least look into. It'd depend on how it was implemented, though.

I just like the established plot in the games right now and I'd be nervous around a reboot.

It doesn't help any that I saw a picture of Sally mixed into the garbled images.
As far as Nibroc-Rock's teasing goes, it's most likely just him teasing a collab or project he's doing, or Aaron Webber got in contact with him to tease some stuff using his renders. Or maybe he's making renders for SEGA now and his first one will be shown at the party.

As far as the games go though...there really isn't a current "plot" with Sonic.

There are way too many inconsistencies in Sonic lore at this point for the idea of "they are all connected" to work. The last few games certainly haven't done much to make the universe feel coherent.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I only just realised this after going back and listening to old sonic game cut scenes but this is the first time we haven't' had a voice actor switch between anniversary games.
10th-Ryan
15th-Jason
20th-Roger
25th-Roger?
Inb4 they replace the cast again.
It would be awesome to hear either of the two come back to reprise the role as Dreamcast or Modern Sonic.
Seeing as we have 4 Sonic's now.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the subject of sonic lets all enjoy the mini preview of the hero side story that plays when you beat the dark side fisrt
because this freaked me out as a kid where it made it sound like i fully killed sonic

Chrono.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I doubt Roger will be replaced for a good while. He's the perfect voice for Sonic. Plus he really loves the series. Way I hear it Jason Griffith got tired of the series. Which is probably why he dropped not only Sonic but Shadow and Jet as well.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As far as Nibroc-Rock's teasing goes, it's most likely just him teasing a collab or project he's doing, or Aaron Webber got in contact with him to tease some stuff using his renders. Or maybe he's making renders for SEGA now and his first one will be shown at the party.

As far as the games go though...there really isn't a current "plot" with Sonic.

There are way too many inconsistencies in Sonic lore at this point for the idea of "they are all connected" to work. The last few games certainly haven't done much to make the universe feel coherent.
There's definitely a few. . .situations. . .that need to be ironed out, but just because there's some inconsistent things doesn't mean they should just throw the baby out with the bathwater and restart things altogether, at the very least because reboots tend to have rather high chances of turning out badly. And at least prior to the new writers taking over and any time they aren't involved there tend to be references and comments about past titles, so for a large chunk of it you can't exactly say they AREN'T connected, either. The main issue with interconnection is that the new writers apparently aren't required to actually know anything abut Sonic before writing a Sonic game.

If the writers would so much as do a basic wiki walk instead of just charging in blind and if someone gave a satisfactory explanation for what the heck is up with the moon repairing itself beyond "LOL it's just facing the other way," that would probably be a decent start. Don't just press the reset button, just. . .smooth things out a bit.

. . .Honestly Sonic's lore has some contradictions, but other than the moon thing everyone brings up they don't usually come screaming out at me. My mind breaks far harder trying to reconcile Splatoon's lore with real world logic and reason and internal consistency.
How are signals in space bouncing around for several thousand years creating faxes? How do said faxes contain information about things that will not exist for several thousand years? Why did humanity go out like a bunch of wusses? Why did sea life adapt to live on land if the oceans were constantly growing larger and thus encouraging them to continue living in the sea? How does a sea creature turn into a lifeform that dissipates in water? . . . ?-?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I doubt Roger will be replaced for a good while. He's the perfect voice for Sonic. Plus he really loves the series. Way I hear it Jason Griffith got tired of the series. Which is probably why he dropped not only Sonic but Shadow and Jet as well.
I dunno, Jason Griffith seems to like the series enough these days to do this:

As for what I think of the Sonic voice actors, I actually made a post about that somewhere else a few hours ago. I'll just copy paste:

"Not going to go super in-depth, but...

Ryan Drummond didn't get to do enough, he never really hit his stride, I feel. There was that one video where a fan interviewed him as Sonic, though. I think he sounded great there, and he clearly has a passion for the character. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back at all.

Jason Griffith is probably my favourite because he really nailed it around Unleashed. I've been playing Unleashed again lately as I had to do so for an article I was asked to write, and I'm really loving how he sounds. It's like he never left, he sort of is Sonic to me. I wouldn't mind him coming back at all. And he's still got it too!

Roger Craig Smith is great in the Sonic Boom TV show and in certain parts of Colours, but can be a bit meh, otherwise. I dunno, sometimes he's great, sometimes he's just OK. The Twitter takeover recently was great, though.

I'm not bothered to go into other characters but that's my thoughts on Sonic, since he's my favourite character."

Chrono.

Pokemon GO was out in Japan for a couple minutes before getting taken down.

This is like the second time too.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Wait... He dropped the series.
I was under the assumption that he got the boot by the time Free Riders arrived.
New Riders game without the Kinect would be cool

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't think he left on his own accord, he and everyone else (besides Mike Pollock) just got replaced.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh, I don't have much of a problem about Roger voicing Sonic...aside from the fact that I still find odd hearing Young Ezio whenever he talks. Honestly, I liked the voice Sonic has in Brawl? I don't know the name of the voice actor, but I think it fits him the most.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I dunno, Jason Griffith seems to like the series enough these days to do this:

As for what I think of the Sonic voice actors, I actually made a post about that somewhere else a few hours ago. I'll just copy paste:

"Not going to go super in-depth, but...

Ryan Drummond didn't get to do enough, he never really hit his stride, I feel. There was that one video where a fan interviewed him as Sonic, though. I think he sounded great there, and he clearly has a passion for the character. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back at all.

Jason Griffith is probably my favourite because he really nailed it around Unleashed. I've been playing Unleashed again lately as I had to do so for an article I was asked to write, and I'm really loving how he sounds. It's like he never left, he sort of is Sonic to me. I wouldn't mind him coming back at all. And he's still got it too!

Roger Craig Smith is great in the Sonic Boom TV show and in certain parts of Colours, but can be a bit meh, otherwise. I dunno, sometimes he's great, sometimes he's just OK. The Twitter takeover recently was great, though.

I'm not bothered to go into other characters but that's my thoughts on Sonic, since he's my favourite character."
To back up this point, He did this for the 24th anniversary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgH-npy0mnc

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I named my eevee "Rainer" trying to get the perfect high level vaporeon

And guess what

I got a flareon

That's like, the exact opposite of a vaporeon