• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Electric Tale of Pikachu is still the best.

It's literally the anime but with an ending and Ash actually wins.

PokeSpec can get really ****ing stupid to the point where calling it a accurate portrayal would be crazy especially with later arcs where irks literally "EVERYONE IS A ROCKET MEMBER AND NOBODY FIGHTS THE ELITE 4"
How is everyone a Rocket member? Only 4 Gym Leaders were apart of TR and they pretty much became anti-heroes after the RGB chapter.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How is everyone a Rocket member? Only 4 Gym Leaders were apart of TR and they pretty much became anti-heroes after the RGB chapter.
And the Elite 4 and some of the Johto Gym Leaders.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People these days love to be offended on other people's behalf.
I get the feeling somewhere out there is someone who gets offended on the behalf of any number of other people. . .and then also gets offended when they see anyone else who's not them be offended for them.

It sounds like the kind of thing modern day culture would breed, especially with the various social issues and terms I've seen tossed around.

D

Deleted member

Local man single-handedly kills an entire army and ****s a forest shaman one day

I'm pretty sure the only reason Sigurd can't solo the first half of FE4 is because of either: a)Mages that show up later; or b)The giant ****ing maps
Maybe both
Recruiting Jamke was a pain in the ass, for some reason I thought Sigurd was the one that had to talk to him, good thing save states exist
>Weapon with innate crit
>Pursuit
>Duel
>Continue
Mfw the Archer is good
He even ORKOed the Dark Mage whatever-his-name-was

Chrono.

Electric Tale of Pikachu is still the best.

It's literally the anime but with an ending and Ash actually wins.

PokeSpec can get really ****ing stupid to the point where calling it a accurate portrayal would be crazy especially with later arcs where irks literally "EVERYONE IS A ROCKET MEMBER AND NOBODY FIGHTS THE ELITE 4"
Electric Tale of Pikachu has the worst art though.

Misty looks like a stick but has huge bazoomers on her chest.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god

There's actually an UNO game for the PS1 with an anime opening. It was released only in Japan.

We almost had real UNO anime

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And the Elite 4 and some of the Johto Gym Leaders.
Only Pryce was affiliated with TR.

That's what makes it interesting though. It's a different adaptation of the world of PKMN than the one we usually know which I like. Was even praised my Satoshi Tajiri as "the world he wanted to convey".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Howdy!

Playing FE Shadow Dragon when all of a sudden

THIS ISN'T EVEN A ****ING STORE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY YOU
By
rescuing her boyfriend?

You need to sneak Caeda past a supereffective attack with absurd range in order to do it due to his class.

Good luck. :awesome:

. . .Also I think she has shops later.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So some of DR guys came to say hi?

Looks like I came just in time.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Oh yeah, I guess I just kinda barged in without saying hi, huh? Let's fix that!

Hiya, I'm Plop.
Whatta doing plopping in here? :o

and in case I haven't introduced myself in here,HI! I'm Volga. I like to come in and out of here,and currently trying to learn Japanese on my free time.

also I love me some Jojo's :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

(Language warning)

> Makes a Top 10 Worst CN Show Video
> Forgets about Johnny Test, Problem Solverz, and Out of Jimmy's Head

Mmkay

Chrono.

(Language warning)

Mmkay
To be fair, Johnny Test didn't start out on CN.

What's the full list anyway? Can't be arsed to watch the whole thing.

The entirety of CN Real better be at the top though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

(Language warning)

Mmkay
I know right?

6Teen and Lazlo can easily be replaced by either of those three.

But Squirrel Boy and Annoying Orange? I can agree those shows were pretty rubbish.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, Origins was pretty meh to me. I thought putting the game mechanics in ruined the immersion. It's a universe with actual people and living beings. Treat it like one. Skipping over the gym battles for the most part really annoyed me. In addition, I didn't find the plot all that special or the development special either. If it was longer, I could enjoy it, but it was too short and broke the immersion that made me enjoy the anime in the first place. Game mechanics should be ignored or barely mentioned and the most important part should be adapting the abilities in a realistic matter. The regular anime did a far better job at adapting how game mechanics work, but not overusing them, but still making them notable.

Whether one likes Ash or not is a different story. The characters weren't particularly great in either anime adaption, to be frank. Ash at least had time to grow, and the music was far better in the regular anime too. The animation in Origins was a good step up, and the animators went over to the regular Anime, improving it more. I do want improvements on the regular anime, but Origins isn't the right direction in itself. No more game mechanics, stop breaking that fourth wall with them. Make it subtle but realistic, just like how they mention abilities.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be fair, Johnny Test didn't start out on CN.

What's the full list anyway? Can't be arsed to watch the whole thing.

The entirety of CN Real better be at the top though.
My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, Dude What Would happen, Destroy Build Destroy, Annoying Orange, 6Teen, Total Drama Island, MAD, Squirrel Boy, Teen Titans Go, and the Powerpuff Girls Reboot.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

(Language warning)

Mmkay
Technically Johnny Test was a Kids WB show which had WAY BETTER animation and a theme song that wasn't **** (it was that good but it was alright) but the animation was decent before it went to flash.

But that was the first season which was during Kids WB's death which also had Spectacular Spider-Man and the last season of the mainline Yugioh anime

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, Dude What Would happen, Destroy Build Destroy, Annoying Orange, 6Teen, Total Drama Island, MAD, Squirrel Boy, Teen Titans Go, and the Powerpuff Girls Reboot.
But....Camp Lazlo was good to me...
I mean, it wasn't the best or even funniest show in the world, but it has charm, same for My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
Tough, it's maybe just my bias nostalgic opinion on it. But for what I remember, it wasn't THAT bad.
Plus, Uncle Grandpa should have been there.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Huh. Some of these are surprising.

Camp Lazlo was mediocre but not totally awful (until the ending), 6Teen is in a similar boat of "not good, not bad" and I was under the impression people actually liked Total Drama Island (I never really watched it since it came about around the time I stopped watching CN).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Origins could have been fleshed out a lot better for sure. The fact that they had to fit everything in like 5 episodes required a lot of cramming content so I can understand that for sure.

Making the series a fully-fledged series would give it a lot more depth.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I was under the impression people actually liked Total Drama Island (I never really watched it since it came about around the time I stopped watching CN).
I still appreciate the Total Drama series, mainly because I'm a reality tv junkie, so seeing it being parodied was amazing to me. Granted, the show's quality has indeed faltered in general after the first season (especially All-Stars) but I still enjoy watching seasons 1, 3, and 6.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Camp Lazlo was mediocre but not totally awful (until the ending), 6Teen is in a similar boat of "not good, not bad" and I was under the impression people actually liked Total Drama Island (I never really watched it since it came about around the time I stopped watching CN).
Total Drama is actually a great show that deconstructs and parodies the reality TV show craze in America. In fact, I can recall plenty of moments that made me laugh and cry (Like Harold talking about seeing Heather's ***s from a mud skiing challenge.).

Though I can say the series went downhill pretty fast with subsequent seasons. World Tour and Action were definitely watchable compared to Revenge of the Island and other recent seasons.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I recall people talking about Total Drama Island back in 8th Grade. That was like 8 years ago. Time sure flies by.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Origins could have been fleshed out a lot better for sure. The fact that they had to fit everything in like 5 episodes required a lot of cramming content so I can understand that for sure.

Making the series a fully-fledged series would give it a lot more depth.
Redo it and remove all the game mechanics mention(or keep it beyond subtle. Like, the abilities going off is reasonable. Saying something resists it due to type advantage is fine. But when you start actually making Hit Points a thing, you completely go into the fourth wall territory and break the immersion entirely. The regular anime only mentioned levels in one episode and stopped after that, vastly improving the immersion) and then it'll be fine. Also, flesh out everyone. Red didn't feel beyond unique from Ash, and that's a bad thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But....Camp Lazlo was good to me...
I mean, it wasn't the best or even funniest show in the world, but it has charm, same for My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
Tough, it's maybe just my bias nostalgic opinion on it. But for what I remember, it wasn't THAT bad.
Plus, Uncle Grandpa should have been there.
I'll admit that Lazlo and Gym Partner were ok shows back then. There were moments that were genuinely funny, but they missed the mark more than enough times (especially with Jake's butt antics). Now Squirrel Boy and Out of Jimmy's Head were definitely shows that I found worse then them.

Total Drama is actually a great show that deconstructs and parodies the reality TV show craze in America. In fact, I can recall plenty of moments that made me laugh and cry (Like Harold talking about seeing Heather's ***s from a mud skiing challenge.).

Though I can say the series went downhill pretty fast with subsequent seasons. World Tour and Action were definitely watchable compared to Revenge of the Island and other recent seasons.

This I can agree with. World Tour was easily the best season for me. But it definitely ran its course with the newer seasons (Like what was the point of Revenge of the Island other than failed nostalgia with blander contestants?).

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

YES!
Anywho, I feel obliged to rank the seasons, so why not lol.
1. Island (Pretty much perfect. I would've much preferred Gwen winning, but this was where the jokes were still fresh, and it was the best deconstruction of reality tv in the entire series).
2. World Tour (Seeing Heather's character development from the most evil queen bee on reality tv in season 1 to a broken yet still fierce villain in season 2 to finally the hero and achilles heel of Alejandro this season was fantastic. WT wasn't as fun as the original due to the love triangle controversy, but there were still plenty of fun moments to be had. And unlike Island, I really liked the winner. World Tour Heather <3).
3. Pahkitew Island (Even though the cast isn't nearly as memorable as the original cast, it didn't take itself too seriously. It stayed simple, and I think that's what the series needed).
4/5. Revenge/Action (I'm not sure which one is higher. Action may have a lot of the amazing original cast, but a few of the episodes feel like filler since reward challenges became a mechanic. With Revenge, they don't have fatty filler episodes, but the Gen 2 cast is probably the worst one out of the 3 cast generations.
6. All-Stars (.....I hate this season. Mike turned from a likable underdog in ROTI to a total Mary Sue by the season's end, Mal was a boring villain, Zoey was even more of a Mary Sue than Mike, and many of the character's weren't up to snuff with their original personalities. Yeah, Scott was WAY more likable in All-Stars, and thankfully Gwen's character is still going strong. Alejandro also became likable when he started targeting Mal. However, everyone else either went home too early, or their personalities weren't at the same caliber as their past seasons.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom