• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I know most here are from the US but I ****ing blame the ****ing US Gov for most of all terrorist attacks. They get involved in mid east tol much and don't even do that much.

Russia was in Syria for a few months and they got ISIS running scared.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know most here are from the US but I ****ing blame the ****ing US Gov for most of all terrorist attacks. They get involved in mid east tol much and don't even do that much.

Russia was in Syria for a few months and they got ISIS running scared.
Relevant:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just had the foot doctor remove an in-grown toenail and I can barely feel 25% of my left foot. Also, those brats deleted my Senran Kagura Burst save file since the last time I let them play my 3DS.

Feels bad man.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have high hopes for the NES Classic Edition and plan to pick it up, but I pray it doesn't follow the same fate as this Sega Genesis clone you can find in stores today:

While it has "80" games built-in and the ability to insert game cartridges, that's where the positives die. It's been hit with very negative feedback:
  • Everything about the hardware feels and performs very cheap.
  • 40 of those "games" are ****ty homebrew shovelware garbage that will entertain you for at most one minute each.
  • No HDMI support.
  • The biggest offense is that the sound quality is so inexcusably horrendous, it'll completely kill the mood of any game you play on it.
I'm trusting Nintendo looking back at their past history of hardware quality.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have high hopes for the NES Classic Edition and plan to pick it up, but I pray it doesn't follow the same fate as this Sega Genesis clone you can find in stores today:

While it has "80" games built-in and the ability to insert game cartridges, that's where the positives die. It's been hit with very negative feedback:
  • 40 of those "games" are ****ty homebrew shovelware garbage that will entertain you for at most one minute each.
  • No HDMI support.
  • The biggest offense is that the sound quality is so inexcusably horrendous, it'll completely kill the mood of any game you play on it.
I think I saw that in a store at one point.

Checked the list of games on the back and was just like "nope."

Meanwhile with the Nintendo one I looked at the list of games for it and was like "This is a best-of list, isn't it? SWEET."

Of course, I'm leaning more towards giving the Nintendo box as a Christmas present than keeping it for myself, but it's clearly an insane bargain and a chunk of history.

Heck, it's confirmed to use and come with an HDMI cable, so Nintendo already fixed half the problems you listed with the SEGA Genesis mini-system.

Now just to see what happens when you turn it on. . .

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just had the foot doctor remove an in-grown toenail and I can barely feel 25% of my left foot. Also, those brats deleted my Senran Kagura Burst save file since the last time I let them play my 3DS.

Feels bad man.
You're going to live, love. Just follow the medics instructions and peel it off after 24 hours. My mother dealt with and seen much worse being an important ER participant.

Keep the kids away from your stuff. Because they had no business messing around with files or playing a game like that to begin with.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH ****

The Pokémon Fan magazine has revealed another set of new episode titles, this time for the thirty-seventh & thirty-eighth episodes of Pokémon XY & Z. These episodes are set to air on August 11th, 18th and 25th respectively and include the finals of the Kalos Pokémon League as well as the continuation of the Team Flare arc.
Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!!
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Ash actually wins the league, and then they fight Team Flare!?

This sounds amazing!

I can't wait!

D

Deleted member

OH ****

The Pokémon Fan magazine has revealed another set of new episode titles, this time for the thirty-seventh & thirty-eighth episodes of Pokémon XY & Z. These episodes are set to air on August 11th, 18th and 25th respectively and include the finals of the Kalos Pokémon League as well as the continuation of the Team Flare arc.

This sounds amazing!

I can't wait!
We really are back at the 90s if anime episode titles already spoil the plot

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
OH ****

This sounds amazing!

I can't wait!
Charizard X vs. Ash Greninja
Metagross (original episode 933 title)
Tyranitar (pics) vs. Pikachu
Weavile (pics) vs. Hawlucha
??? (most likely a Water Pokemon) vs. Talonflame
???

http://i.imgur.com/mQDhoR6.jpg
http://imgur.com/X2FYott
http://imgur.com/ivfc5GG
http://imgur.com/g4GsRC1

Fun fact, they release the staring Pokemon for each episode weeks in advance before the full titles are announced:
Episode 936: Zygarde
Episode 937: Malamar
Episode 938: Lucario
Episode 939: Greninja

Pro-tip: Read the manga. Ironically it beat the anime to Mega Charizard Y and the tag team everyone was asking for. :p

CldFDi6UsAAuBGN.jpg

Chrono.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/...in-200-countries-and-regions-relatively-soon/

YEEEEAH!

Dang. 200 countries. Although the high number means we might see releases in some unexpected places. :laugh:
For some reason I'm still paranoid they won't launch it in PR but Ingress works here so I guess I shouldn't worry.
OH ****

This sounds amazing!

I can't wait!
No way he actually wins the league.

There's a catch.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
OH ****

This sounds amazing!

I can't wait!
Well at least Ash finally made it to the finals in a league. Although I feel that there probably will be some kind of interruption from Team Flare during the final match if the episode titles are anything to go by.....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still have muh hopes for any new info on Killer Instinct at EVO (July character, Shadow Lords, the promised new multiplayer mode- any of those!)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For some reason I'm still paranoid they won't launch it in PR but Ingress works here so I guess I shouldn't worry.

No way he actually wins the league.

There's a catch.
I'm thinking he wins, but Flare interrupts as the crown him. Thus he can't be crowned. Or he will be the winner and the either reboot the anime or end it, or his new goal is to become and elite league champion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Naah, If you are from the Americas, Australasia or Europe, you absolutely don't need to worry. The only places where it might possibly not be available are in Asian and African countries (and even then, places like North Korea, Somalia, etc.). :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm thinking he wins, but Flare interrupts as the crown him. Thus he can't be crowned. Or he will be the winner and the either reboot the anime or end it, or his new goal is to become and elite league champion.
>Ending the anime right after the biggest success Pokémon has seen since it's inception has taken the world by storm, and when a new main line game is on the horizon

That is not how shows built to fuel a corporation's marketing agenda work.

D

Deleted member

"Will Vegeta survive? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Z: 'The Death of Vegeta'!"

....or something like that. It was in the Frieza Saga, so.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Ending the anime right after the biggest success Pokémon has seen since it's inception has taken the world by storm, and when a new main line game is on the horizon

That is not how shows built to fuel a corporation's marketing agenda work.
True, but to be fair, the anime isn't as big to people. Granted I think a reboot would make a lot more sense though. As they might still get complaints on As being the protag, thus people who returned would lose interest. Won't be to long till we see what happens though.

D

Deleted member

Feh.
A reboot won't make it interesting.

That just means a new scrublord to take Ash's place as the one people complain about.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What they need to do is create an anime series for Pokemon Adventures following the success of Pokemon Go. Now that it's proven that PKMN appeals to a wide demographic you can create a separate anime series that appeals to everyone and the best way to do that is to bring the Adventures Manga in to Anime format.
True, but to be fair, the anime isn't as big to people. Granted I think a reboot would make a lot more sense though. As they might still get complaints on As being the protag, thus people who returned would lose interest. Won't be to long till we see what happens though.
Honestly if they're going to replace Ash they should do it with someone that's not like him in personality. No point in replacing Ash with a near identical character.

You have to shake up the anime formula for that to work and make it a lot more different than it's been before.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What they need to do is create an anime series for Pokemon Adventures following the success of Pokemon Go. Now that it's proven that PKMN appeals to a wide demographic you can create a separate anime series that appeals to everyone and the best way to do that is to bring the Adventures Manga in to Anime format.
I don't agree with this.

Mainly because Adventures started floundering hard after GSC. Ruby/Sapphire was okay, everything afterwards is just awful.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

• No HDMI support.
The NES Classic Edition comes with a HDMI cable... so that's your HDMI support.

There are no homebrew shovelware garbage in this console so that's yet another good point.

As for the hardware and the sound quality, that's for us to find out when the console comes out.

I just wish that the NES came with the Zapper too... along with Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Wild Gunman. Maybe for the next edition.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't agree with this.

Mainly because Adventures started floundering hard after GSC. Ruby/Sapphire was okay, everything afterwards is just awful.
Is it? I've read up to R/S but I never recalled the series declining in quality.

If anything it can't be as bad as the anime.

Feh.
A reboot won't make it interesting.

That just means a new scrublord to take Ash's place as the one people complain about.
Yeah, I guess you're right.

This. Although they'd need to tone the violence down.

I don't agree with this.

I haven't even read Adventures beyond mid-Yellow saga. But only because they stopped releasing it here after fifth volume (apparently because the publisher is in debt).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My Internet's finally working again. Laptop's still dead but I found my IPad so at least I've moved on from lol 3DS Internet. :p

Lost my premium though. Seems I missed a lot when I was gone.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Origins has proven they can make a good and faithful adaptation from the games
I'd love them to make a full Origins anime and if Ash really wins the Kalos league, it might just be possible
I don't agree with this.

I read the BW one and outside of the "read the sequel" ending, it was nice
Don't know about the others, not even B2W2 because they don't want to release it in here for some reason

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My Internet's finally working again. Laptop's still dead but I found my IPad so at least I've moved on from lol 3DS Internet. :p

Lost my premium though. Seems I missed a lot when I was gone.
Welcome back!

And my biggest and most unrealistic hope would be if they replaced the anime with an actual anime designed like origins, based on the red blue and yellow manga. It would be like an actual anime with what happens in the manga. It be something I'd love to see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The anime IS bigger than the games though.

The games haven't been the biggest aspect of Pokémon since Red & Blue, MAYBE Gold & Silver as well.

Way more people watch the anime because it airs on enough big stations and it's overall cheaper to invest in. You don't even have to make an active purchase to watch Pokémon. People are already paying their TV/Netflix bills, so they can just watch Pokémon whenever they want. Pokémon GO is so popular for the same reason. Everyone has a smartphone. The app itself is free. So they see it on the front page as "Top Rated App" or whatever and say "oh I guess I should try this".

For the games, you have to buy the console, then buy the game, and that's a much bigger investment. So the games, while still popular as games, are not nearly as popular as the anime, which most people really just call a "cartoon" because they don't know the difference.

Hell, just yesterday, my cousin was over showing me Pokémon GO since she set up a UK Apple account to get it, and we talked a bit about Pokémon in general, and she actually had thought Pokémon was originally a TV show. That's how much bigger than the games the TV show is, many people think it's where Pokémon started.

As far as rebooting the anime, it's just not happening.

Like, I don't mean to sound like a **** because I know people here genuinely love the show, but the Pokémon anime stopped trying to be a "good" show a long time ago.

Like it's gone on way too long for them to be able to consistently come up with interesting scenarios and have consistent characterisation and all that.

It's a show that's meant to sell toys and games. Like, nothing more, nothing less. The animation and music and stuff is where all of the budget goes, because they are the only parts that really matter, and they're top notch. Kids (and hell, even just long time Pokémon fans) see a cool new Pokémon with a cool new super duper attack that wrecks the competition, and suddenly it's like "WOOOOAH I WANT A TOY OF THAT AND I WANNA CATCH IT IN THE GAME". Same thing with the cute Pokémon, give them a basic sob story (*coughMimmikyuorhoweveryousayitcough*) or cute interaction with Pikachu and people are all over it.

But Pokémon seriously is not the kind of show you watch for quality writing, compelling adventures, or deep and complex characters, at least not anymore. You watch it to find out who Game Freak's new babies are, or if you just want flashy fight scenes.

And that's never going to change because what they're doing with the show prints money. People know who Ash is, even non-fans. If you take him out, it becomes MUCH harder to promote the show. Just look at Pokémon Origins which, while infinitely better in quality than anything that's come out of the main show in the past 15 years and despite Red being a far more interesting and respectable and believable character, has seen FAR less success and even promotion from the Pokémon Company when it was coming out.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Funny that we're talking about how the anime can be changed because I have a headcanon for a timeskip in the anime that would involve having a new protag and would largely follow the plot of GSC/HGSS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, also, of the post-E3 Pokémon reveals, Drampa is by far my favorite. What have you guys thought of the newer post-Grubbin reveals?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ash winning the league is not a big deal to me anymore. I'm already worn out by 6 generations of filler episode progress and cliche writing to care.
True, but it's been a decade since a League has actually been somewhat hype and there being some decent plot buildup.

I don't agree with this.

Personally I thought the first three sagas were okay, just a tad bit too liberal IMO, but the rest were fantastic. "insert Pokemon Go Zapmolcuno joke"

I haven't even read Adventures beyond mid-Yellow saga. But only because they stopped releasing it here after fifth volume (apparently because the publisher is in debt).
They started re-releasing it back in 2010 and they're actually caught up now bar Volume 52 and the mini XY/ORAS volumes. There's a lot of censoring sadly, but it doesn't detract from much.

It will be interesting to see how they censor the recent ORAS chapter. Zinnia got what was coming to her in full. :demon:

Pokemon Origins has proven they can make a good and faithful adaptation from the games
I'd love them to make a full Origins anime and if Ash really wins the Kalos league, it might just be possible

I read the BW one and outside of the "read the sequel" ending, it was nice
Don't know about the others, not even B2W2 because they don't want to release it in here for some reason
Agreed. Also the B2W2 saga keeps getting delayed due to the XY/ORAS sagas being prioritized and the recent anniversary artbook. Volume 53, the 2nd volume for the saga, has been delayed for the past year and a half. It's a bummer as Colress is taking a lot of cues from Whis from Dragon Ball Super. :(

I'd be surprised if we didn't see 53 by the end of this year given the trickle of information, and that XY/ORAS are at their climaxes. ORAS most likely has about 3-5 chapters before it's done.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The NES Classic Edition comes with a HDMI cable... so that's your HDMI support.

There are no homebrew shovelware garbage in this console so that's yet another good point.

As for the hardware and the sound quality, that's for us to find out when the console comes out.

I just wish that the NES came with the Zapper too... along with Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Wild Gunman. Maybe for the next edition.
The problem with the zapper is, it doesn't work with anything other than CRT screens.

They'll have to rewrite a part of the code to use the Wiimote's pointing ability, but that again would require the NES mini to have an IR scanner. It's a bit complicated. Not impossible, but it would definitely push up the price.

Chrono.

Is it? I've read up to R/S but I never recalled the series declining in quality.

If anything it can't be as bad as the anime.
Well true. Awful was too strong of a word, but I do think the quality dwindles somewhat.

BW was the last one I read and I didn't really like it at all and kinda fell out of the series after that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, also, of the post-E3 Pokémon reveals, Drampa is by far my favorite. What have you guys thought of the newer post-Grubbin reveals?
Vikavolt, Salandit and Mimikkyu are probably my favourite gen VII pokes so far...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom