• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The biggest thing about this is that the Wii U mods look incredible and everyone has given up on 3DS modding

I hate being a 3DSonly owner. I just want more costumes and other stuff but GBAtemp has almost next to nothing as of late
I think the reason Smash 3DS modding has slowed down a little is because currently it's a bit more difficult to access homebrew on the latest firmware. I mean yeah, there are a number of exploits that allows access, but the majority of those are secondary exploits with the only primary ones being for Smash 3DS (Which is a bit of a pain to set up and even then, mainly only reliable for New 3DS) and Freaky Forms Deluxe (Which I believe is only really usable for the physical version which is pretty rare to come across nowadays) so things may have slowed down a little for the 3DS side.

The person who made Smash4Explorer is apparently planning to implement 3DS support too if I recall, but that might be sometime off until the application is further fine tuned though.....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What do you guys know about...

Wendigos?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...

What do you guys know about...

Wendigos?
They are pretty cool.

Usually described as zombie like creatures, from what I remember they sometimes take a human/moose like appearance.

EDIT: It's deer, they usually have antlers and zombie qualities, but fast and vicious.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Is Konami/Nintendo against rereleasing Contra 1? Super C and Contra 4 are available on the Virtual Console and now the NES Classic Edition has Super C, but not the original.

Why?

D

Deleted member

Is Konami/Nintendo against rereleasing Contra 1? Super C and Contra 4 are available on the Virtual Console and now the NES Classic Edition has Super C, but not the original.

Why?
If I had to guess, it's probably because Konami favors the MSX2 version, which is on the Virtual Console in Japan. (Though favoritism didn't stop both the SNES and GBA versions of Contra III from getting rereleased.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You know i've seen some people complain about the NES Classic with the ...........argument? (not really one) of "Hey what's the point of paying for some old NES game collection when you can get it for free on an Emulator"?

.....I honestly don't know how to respond to comments like that, because that is some hot-water territory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know i've seen some people complain about the NES Classic with the ...........argument? (not really one) of "Hey what's the point of paying for some old NES game collection when you can get it for free on an Emulator"?

.....I honestly don't know how to respond to comments like that, because that is some hot-water territory.
Emulators aren't legal or supported by Ninty, good enough for a response

D

Deleted member

Not bad.

As for me, a friend of mine said :
"Oh, so they're really running out of ideas."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It kind of struck me as a novelty riding solely on nostalgia as well, tbh.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/...in-200-countries-and-regions-relatively-soon/

YEEEEAH!

Dang. 200 countries. Although the high number means we might see releases in some unexpected places. :laugh:
Well they did say "200 countries and regions." So they might be pulling an Olympics and using places like Puerto Rico and Hong Kong to get to that number.

Considering that (IIRC) there are only 193 UN Member states....and I doubt Pokemon Go is releasing in North Korea, for example.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, there was another terrorist attack?
What the ****?!?
Oh god, I tough it was over....Can someone give me a link to a page about the attack?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is the third terrorist attack by ISIS within the last 20 days (First Turkey, then Bangladesh, and now France). I can't even understand how they are being able to do so many brutal attacks in so short a time.

This is seriously messed up. They even intentionally chose a public celebration day. Disgusting.

D

Deleted member

This is the third terrorist attack by ISIS within the last 20 days (First Turkey, then Bangladesh, and now France). I can't even understand how they are being able to do so many brutal attacks in so short a time.

This is seriously messed up. They even intentionally chose a public celebration day. Disgusting.
As far as we know, this attack hasn't been claimed by ISIS, though it is still a possibility the responsible could have been a prospective member.

Anyway, thank you guys once more for your support to french people across foreign countries.
It's definitely a rough time to live in such a messed up territory.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Seriously, it's ridiculous. First Charlie Hebdo, then Paris, now this?!? (Heck, I think there is even maybe other attack that happen no very far from France)
This is just disgusting, this need to stop.
The Belgium Airport and subway in Brussels also suffered from major terrorist attacks this year on the 22th of march, which most likely is the one you are reffering to, and we also escaped on a second attack a few weeks ago to, because they wanted to do a terrorist attack where alot of Belgium football supporters gathered to watch one of the EK football matches.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Belgium Airport and subway in Brussels also suffered from major terrorist attacks this year on the 22th of march, which most likely is the one you are reffering to, and we also escaped on a second attack a few weeks ago to, because they wanted to do a terrorist attack where alot of Belgium football supporters gathered to watch one of the EK football matches.
It's just plain horrible.
France isn't the country where I was born, but for my father it was. (Heck, even tough I was born in Switezerland, I was considered at first as a French until 2015)
So it really just make me really bad inside.
God, I hope justice will take care of those damn terrorist. They done already enough damage.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It's just plain horrible.
France isn't the country where I was born, but for my father it was. (Heck, even tough I was born in Switezerland, I was considered at first as a French until 2015)
So it really just make me really bad inside.
God, I hope justice will take care of those damn terrorist. They done already enough damage.
I just want this whole madness to stop, because it also divides people even more in this f*cked up society.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just want this whole madness to stop, because it also divides people even more in this f*cked up society.
Yeah, like you said, the last thing we need today is another bull**** terrorist attack that is going to make people even more divided at what we should do. (Hellooooo Donald ****)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Apparently some mass shootings are going on around Iraq too today from what I've heard.

This madness really needs to stop as its not helping anyone and is just dividing people even further from each other in terms of fear and paranoia.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Condolences to all those effected by the recent attacks.

I don't really have much I can add to the discussion though. While it's still upsetting this kind of thing is going on, I somehow find myself less outraged because this has happened so many times lately. I still hate that these attacks happen, but I'm not as shocked anymore.

The sad truth is that as long as organisations like ISIS still exist, you have to be prepared for this sort of thing.

I've been meaning to learn some verses of the Quran in case I'm ever caught in something with them. I used to know some from religion class but I've forgotten.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't bother. Isis already broke verses. It's not about religion, they want power
That's not what I meant.

There have legitimately been cases where members of ISIS have held hostages and ask them to cite a verse from the Quran. If you can, they release you and you're free to go. But if you can't, they'll shoot you in the head where you kneel.

It's sick and twisted, and of course you're right in that some members care less about the religious aspect. But there are members of ISIS that believe they are doing Allah's work, so if you are held hostage by those kinds of members, you'd do well to just know a few verses as it could get you out of there alive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's not what I meant.

There have legitimately been cases where members of ISIS have held hostages and ask them to cite a verse from the Quran. If you can, they release you and you're free to go. But if you can't, they'll shoot you in the head where you kneel.

It's sick and twisted, and of course you're right in that some members care less about the religious aspect. But there are members of ISIS that believe they are doing Allah's work, so if you are held hostage by those kinds of members, you'd do well to just know a few verses as it could get you out of there alive.
That's ****ing messed up

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you didn't hear, Metal Jesus Rocks found a US version of the 64DD.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As far as we know, this attack hasn't been claimed by ISIS, though it is still a possibility the responsible could have been a prospective member.

Anyway, thank you guys once more for your support to french people across foreign countries.
It's definitely a rough time to live in such a messed up territory.
A lot of these attacks haven't been directly planned by ISIS, but some person or group claims allegiance to ISIS and carries out an attack.

It's even scarier as you never know when someone might suddenly do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom