• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I caught a squirtle today!

Just ...like 30 more and I can get a Blastoise

D

Deleted member

You'd have a point on it not being the same people if the majority of the fandom didn't dislike Popplio, and if this new one wasn't universally praised.

And thrice again, I have noted many times that the overall concept of the Pokémon is unique and the rip-off aesthetic design makes sense in context. But the aesthetic design itself is not original, yet people are saying it is. That's what bothers me, as it's both misusing the term and not understanding the point of this Pokémon.

It's like Shadow the Hedgehog, he looks like Sonic and is designed to be, but it makes sense in context and he has different powers and a different backstory and his similar appearance to Sonic is used as a plot point/joke material. You still wouldn't call his visual design original, though. Doing so, once again, completely misses the point of his character and misuses the term.
As much as people hate Popplio for stupid reasons, it's still their opinion
Just because it has a more original "visual design" doesn't mean people have to like it in order to like Pikaboo
And no one used the term "visual design", people just said they liked it
Originality doesn't mean it will be more liked
And this is coming from someone who will likely choose Popplio as his starter

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Beast Titan's human form looks remarkably similar to Grisha Yaeger, Eren's father. Could he be Eren's uncle, Grisha's twin brother? Would make a kind of good twin vs. evil twin case, but with a more ambiguous morality.

I mean, what does the Beast Titan mean with Eren being brainwashed? So many mysteries!

Also got myself a 3DS game card carrying case. Pretty handy. The stuff I imported from Japan likely will take longer to arrive. :ohwell:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And NicklePennywise is also in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE to haunt our souls along with his deadly pals Skellington and Hellraiser (The worst of the bunch).

Dead serious about this.
And don't forget Caspar the Unfriendly Fire Ghost.

Isn't he adorable? :troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
About the new mons.

I kinda like the murder-hug-bear, even if the design is kinda simplistic. Pikaghostsheet is pretty cool, I like it a lot. The unique typing is great and I'm happy to see it.

Am I the only one who think those to could be Team Rocket's pokemon in the anime. I could easily see the bear constantly trying to hug it's trainer (probably James) while he flees in fear of being broken in half. For the Pikadoodle, they could easily mistake it for Pikachu and end up keeping it.
You're not alone. I too was thinking the bear would be the perfect Pokemon for James considering that he's had Pokemon in the past that tried to attack him affectionately, particularly Vitreebel, Cacnea, and Carnivine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As much as people hate Popplio for stupid reasons, it's still their opinion
Just because it has a more original "visual design" doesn't mean people have to like it in order to like Pikaboo
And no one used the term "visual design", people just said they liked it
Originality doesn't mean it will be more liked
And this is coming from someone who will likely choose Popplio as his starter
I didn't say that though. It's fine if people like the less original Pokémon.

I was specifically directing my criticism at the people saying he looks original. Which was all over my Twitter feed.

Something tells me you didn't read my initial post, where I was simply highlighting this and wasn't even directing it at anyone here.

The only reason this even became a discussion was because people kept jumping on it and thinking I was saying "you are not allowed to like the new Pokémon", but hey, what else is new here?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
LMAO...

My radio station just did a short skit about pokemon go...

Law & Order SPU Special Pokeemon Unit

'The guy was looking for a Porygon but found the blunt end of a Loiusville slugger instead. Perp made off with his wallet and Gold watch.'

'But did the victim find the pokemon he was after?'

Lol

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Some PlatinumGames info because I love'em. First two points are really interesting, hopefully it works out for them.

• Inaba notes that they’re currently working on licensed games like The Legend of Korra because they need to, but in the long-term they want to be independent.
  • “The company doesn’t really have a future unless we develop our own original IPs.”
  • Platinum currently owns none of the IPs they’ve worked on, including Scalebound, despite being partnered with Microsoft, who often lets developers keep their IPs.
  • Inaba implies that Platinum would like to develop and self publish their own IPs at some point. Obviously you need money to do that though. I put the full quote below.
  • “Because we don’t have our own original IP, we don’t have the chance to develop it, publish it. We’re not used to the cycle of making one,” Inaba says. “We’re trying to get used to the cycle of making sequels.”
  • When asked if he considers Platinum to be part of the Japanese indie scene, Inaba replies: “Platinum is becoming bigger, so we’re kind of in a limbo. But I feel like Platinum is part of that community.”
  • “When we first started, we had a lot more freedom to create what we wanted, but now we’re working more with the community, listening to what they have to say, and keeping open those lines of communication.”
  • “Of course we want games that sell five or six million copies, but once you start focusing on sales, we lose some of that freedom. So right now we’re focused on both.”
  • Inaba gave a non-answer when asked if they were making any original IPs that they own.
  • Inaba didn’t seem to provide any answers about how they intend to ever actually fund a self owned IP, much less self publish it.
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/...k-current-business-challenges-and-the-future/

• Platinum currently owns none of the IPs they’ve worked on,
bUt pLaTinuM oWnS WondER rED!1!11!1!!

*sigh*

It just had to happen.
I've been waiting for someone with more skill than me to make this joke all day.

Took long enough.

In other news, I have recruited a character called Athena. She will be my new champion because her name is Athena and Greek Mythology is awesome.

EDIT she just called Marth a manchild. hahahaha awesome.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Expectations never live up to reality.
bG78FAJ.jpg

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is way funnier than it has any right to be.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I didn't say that though. It's fine if people like the less original Pokémon.

I was specifically directing my criticism at the people saying he looks original. Which was all over my Twitter feed.

Something tells me you didn't read my initial post, where I was simply highlighting this and wasn't even directing it at anyone here.

The only reason this even became a discussion was because people kept jumping on it and thinking I was saying "you are not allowed to like the new Pokémon", but hey, what else is new here?
You'd have a point on it not being the same people if the majority of the fandom didn't dislike Popplio, and if this new one wasn't universally praised.
"Dislike"

Anyways, in relevant news

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE DLC?
NO ONE CAN EVEN UNDERSTAND MY PAIN RIGHT NOW

D

Deleted member

Okay what's up with this Snow Halation nonesense? What is this reboot stuff?

WHAT THE HELL IS SILVAGUNNER DOING?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Okay what's up with this Snow Halation nonesense? What is this reboot stuff?

WHAT THE HELL IS SILVAGUNNER DOING?
Three things are SiIvaGunner's signature: Grand Dad/Fleenstones, Loud Nigra, & Snow Halation.

It's his ticket to fame.

As for the reboot, for a short time, someone rebooted him to drop Grand Dad & Snow Halation and go with Simpsons/Family Guy & Go My Way instead (but now they have all merged.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Dislike"
....And?

I was responding to your comment which was basically an entirely different topic than what I initially was talking about.

And even here, where am I saying that it's not OK to like the new Pokémon?

I get the impression you're just spouting nonsense in hopes that you will somehow be right and get internet points or something but you aren't doing a good job.

D

Deleted member

....And?

I was responding to your comment which was basically an entirely different topic than what I initially was talking about.

And even here, where am I saying that it's not OK to like the new Pokémon?

I get the impression you're just spouting nonsense in hopes that you will somehow be right and get internet points or something but you aren't doing a good job.
?
The post I quoted was a reply to the one where I specifically talked about "originality"
Also, yes, let's go down to personal attacks, that always end up well

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
?
The post I quoted was a reply to the one where I specifically talked about "originality"
Also, yes, let's go down to personal attacks, that always end up well
Yes, I'm aware, but I still don't get what you are trying to say.

You quoted my post where I asked you to show me where I said it wasn't OK to like the new Pokémon.

Your response then takes another quote of mine where you literally just highlighted the word "dislike". As if that is to be the point where I said it's not OK to like the new Pokémon.

Except the part you highlighted said nothing about it not being OK to like the new Pokémon. I was pointing out how people moan and winge for more original Pokémon and less Pika-clones, then they **** on the original Pokémon they get, and praise the Pika-clone they get, and later wonder why they are getting Pika-clones and it's back to step one. That was literally my original post in it's entirety. Once again, saying NOTHING about it being not OK to LIKE the new Pokémon.

Again, show me where I said something about it being not OK to like this new Pokémon, which was what you interpreted me as saying earlier.

And no, I did not attack you, I made a (now even more valid) criticism of your posts right now. I legitimately think you didn't actually read everything I was saying or radically misinterpreted something, but still feel the need to just argue with me for the sake of it anyway. You also have a history of doing this.

Please stop trying to pity yourself, a criticism is not an attack. If I was doing personal attacks, I'd be locked out of the thread immediately.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Checked the account of that Tweet I shared earlier to see if there was other news.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to tie in with the NX reveal?

D

Deleted member

Checked the account of that Tweet I shared earlier to see if there was other news.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to tie in with the NX reveal?
Nintendo Land NX confirmed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
All this Pokémon Go news has ceased to amaze me.

It's so popular right now, you can't avoid it anymore. I just saw a young couple hunting for 'mons near my post office. That, and my Facebook of all things is showing me posts from half-forgotten people on, you guessed it, Pokémon Go.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At this rate, there may as well be a newsletter/newstation for Pokémon GO.

If enough people prove to still play it after a good amount of time, proving that it's not going to be just a novel fad where most of the user base (i.e people who normally don't play Pokémon or video games in general) drops off after the first month, then I think you could legitimately make money off an official Pokémon GO newsletter or something, detailing everything from tips and tricks, sightings of rare Pokémon, to just silly, gossipy stuff like the article I linked above.

Chrono.

A lot of "news" that popped up from Pokemon GO were reported to be hoaxes/satire.

So far the truest one is the girl who ran into a corpse.

Chrono.

Nightmare Geese is in KOF XIV.

It's just a costume, but his voice changes as well the special effects in his moves. Nice touch.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Apparently Ana is also Pharah's mother. Wonder if they'll include some extra dialogue for interaction's sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom