• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The starter leaks are real. Designs are way to professional to be fake.

Rowlets bow arrow wing is too clever of an idea to be by a fanartist

Poppolio learns disarming voice in e3 footage. That move is only learned by elegant beautiful pokemon which fits with poppolio leaked siren evo

Litten is inspired by the anime Tiger Mask. Sugimori is a huge fan of 60s/70s anime. Plenty designs in pokemon have been inspired by old anime character before. Looker is inspired by Zenigata from Lupin, Cynthia is inspired by Mateal from Galaxy Express, Salamence was inspired by Devilman. Sugi twitter has been filled with wrestling stuff too recently.

Just by design I know they are real. They look professionaly designed and are merchandisable which alot of fanartist forget to do. Litten final evo appeals to boys, Poppolio final evos appeals to girls, Rowlet final evo appeals too all.

Just saying
They're all great clever designs either way. Honestly one of the best starter evos.
Really? The best?

If they are real, they'd be some of my least favorite designs.

Chrono.

SnK Spoilers

LOLARMINLIVES

Can somebody pick up the phone because I ****ing called it.

And probably so did everyone else honestly.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Really? The best?

If they are real, they'd be some of my least favorite designs.
If you think a boring orange dragon is better than a Bow assasin robin hood owl, a heel tiger mask wrestler, and a elegant singing siren seal i dont know what to tell you.

Also another thing about these designs is that they have gimmicks. Fanartist always forget gimmicks in designs. Rowlet has bow and arrow wing, litten has wrestler belt, and popplio has singing

Remeber that gen 6 starter did this too, shuriken, shield, wand.

Last edited:

Chrono.

If you think a boring orange dragon is better than a Bow assasin robin hood owl, a heel tiger mask wrestler, and a elegant singing siren seal i dont know what to tell you.

Also another thing about these designs is that they have gimmicks. Fanartist always forget gimmicks in designs. Rowlet has bow and arrow wing, litten has wrestler belt, and popplio has singing

Fanartists have been doing gimmicks for these starters as well.

The magician, ring tiger and circus clown one being the most popular depictions.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I like the owl but the other two I really dislike

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The magician, ring tiger and circus clown one being the most popular depictions.
Those arent gimmicks
Those are themes

Im talking about design gimmicks that they use to fight

Rowlet uses bow wing
Litten uses wrestling belt
Popplio sings

Chrono.

I'm still calling fake until more proof comes up.

The NeoGAF post at least reeks off "leak that was apparently discredited before but got something right now yet has no source before said thing was confirmed".

And yes I stole that from @Zoroarking's post but I digress.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i buy it.Mainly to do with the fact i really dont give a ****(pardon my language) none of the sun and moon pokemon(litten aside) has caught my attention

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The starter leaks are real. Designs are way to professional to be fake.

Rowlets bow arrow wing is too clever of an idea to be by a fanartist

Poppolio learns disarming voice in e3 footage. That move is only learned by elegant beautiful pokemon which fits with poppolio leaked siren evo

Litten is inspired by the anime Tiger Mask. Sugimori is a huge fan of 60s/70s anime. Plenty designs in pokemon have been inspired by old anime character before. Looker is inspired by Zenigata from Lupin, Cynthia is inspired by Mateal from Galaxy Express, Salamence was inspired by Devilman. Sugi twitter has been filled with wrestling stuff too recently.

Just by design I know they are real. They look professionaly designed and are merchandisable which alot of fanartist forget to do. Litten final evo appeals to boys, Poppolio final evos appeals to girls, Rowlet final evo appeals too all.

Just saying
They're all great clever designs either way. Honestly one of the best starter evos.
Wasn't Looker inspired by Doctor Who? And it'd help your argument if you also showed the comparisons
And Litten being the 4th goddamn fire fighting isn't clever

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Having more details put into the concept doesn't mean they're objectively good. Charizard is very simple, but simple isn't bad on its own as sometimes that's all you need for your design, and for many, it and the other Kanto starters worked with that mindset. Delphox on the other hand does have a lot of effort and detail put into its concept such as the mage aspect, witch concept, and magical fox traits, but for many it didn't come together well, thus leaving it pretty disliked. Same with Emboar, which definitely has a lot more detail to it from multiple sources (ex. Journey to the West/Romance of the Three Kingdoms), but it's probably one of the most disliked starters nonetheless.

It's all subjective, you can't say one design is inherently better then the other because it differs by opinion. WhIle I do agree that these starters have more to their concept then those like Feraligatr and Charizard, that doesn't necessarily mean that I have to prefer their designs, there's more to it then that and it all depends on the person.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well here's another voice mod, this time it's for Marth. Obvious choice for his voice is obvious.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/31268

I plan on going back to it to change a couple things, on that note:

ChikoLad ChikoLad Hey do Marth's Counter quotes worked in your mod? For some reason he doesn't say the ones I assigned him, instead making generic grunts, but you can still hear them in sound test so?? Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:
I actually think it looks pretty cool, the problem is that it's probably Fire/Fighting.
BUT, that leak showed that it fights "dirty", maybe it will be Fire/Dark?

He hits Pikachu with a table XD

And now that I see it better, Popplio's evolution doesn't look bad, but it's just too feminine.
Delphox is feminine AND ugly, so I guess it's ok.
I wouldn't mind if Rowlet's evo was real.

Litten's evo looks cool, but it would (most likely) be another Fire/Fighting starter, and attacks coming from the belt would be ridiculous imo.

Not a fan of Popplio's evo. Turning from a clown to some kind of mermaid would be weird.

D

Deleted member

That's it, I have find the best Smash mod to this day.
View attachment 111889
And anyone who say the contrary is wrong and should learn how to be a family man.:4ryu:
Have you been swimming lately?
I'm still calling fake until more proof comes up.

The NeoGAF post at least reeks off "leak that was apparently discredited before but got something right now yet has no source before said thing was confirmed".

And yes I stole that from @Zoroarking's post but I digress.
Brb, suing you for plagiarism, see you in court *****

Last edited by a moderator:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Shovel Knight is a boss in Gunvolt 2.
Hey it's been a while since the last Yacht Club post here.
That trailer makes me want to see Shovel Knight in a fighting game.

Kind of bummed about those poll results though. I'd much rather see something out of the ordinary genres that Indie games lean towards (assuming we can call them an Indie company anymore). However, I'm sure whatever they make would be of good quality and be instant hype regardless.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Since I recently bought a few things and progressed some stuff, I updated my backlog, if anyone cares.

Backlog: 10 Estimated Time: 226hrs
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - 79% - 15 hrs
LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D - 35% - 20hrs
New Art Academy - 18.75% - 6/32 lessons - 60 hrs
Age of Empires II: The Forgotten - 30% - 20hrs - including one-off battles.
Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge - 10% - 5hrs
Titan Souls - 5% - 4hrs
Besieged - 5% - 4hrs
Age of Empires II: African Kingdoms - 0% - 20hrs
Life is Strange (ep1) - 0% - 3hrs
LoZ: Twilight Princess HD - 0% - 55hrs

My estimate for the last two is probably wrong since I have no idea lol.
I aim to finish as much as the game as I can. Rarely do I 100% something, tho. So the %'s go to my personal completion goal for the game which may change over time. e.g for MM 3D currently it's just to beat the Story and Kafie's Quest.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Since I recently bought a few things and progressed some stuff, I updated my backlog, if anyone cares.

Backlog: 10 Estimated Time: 226hrs
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - 79% - 15 hrs
LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D - 35% - 20hrs
New Art Academy - 18.75% - 6/32 lessons - 60 hrs
Age of Empires II: The Forgotten - 30% - 20hrs - including one-off battles.
Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge - 10% - 5hrs
Titan Souls - 5% - 4hrs
Besieged - 5% - 4hrs
Age of Empires II: African Kingdoms - 0% - 20hrs
Life is Strange (ep1) - 0% - 3hrs
LoZ: Twilight Princess HD - 0% - 55hrs

My estimate for the last two is probably wrong since I have no idea lol.
I aim to finish as much as the game as I can. Rarely do I 100% something, tho. So the %'s go to my personal completion goal for the game which may change over time. e.g for MM 3D currently it's just to beat the Story and Kafie's Quest.
I have never completed any game at 100%, probably because I'm too lazy for it xD. I mean, some have some "rewards" if you do, like the one with Samus appearing in the Zero Suit and the "mysterious" ship, but I'm like "Meh, I already say it, better show me something that has to do with Ridley still being alive despite supposedly being blown up to pieces.". I feel that if I completed something at 100% I would be like "Now what...?".

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
First review of Ghostbusters (2016) came in (probably not suppose to be up already)

Spoilering it as the review has MAJOR spoilers. So watch at your own risk.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
First review of Ghostbusters (2016) came in (probably not suppose to be up already)

Embargo's meant to lift tomorrow, literally 6 hours before it starts the midnight showings in the UK from as far as I'm aware.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hey, look at this:

That 2s are upside down 5s, but it looks cool XD
just quoteing this because people were to busy complaining that litten is fire fighting
(when all signs point to fire dark because heel wrestling) to see it

I very rarely complete games at 100%... usually there's one or two things preventing me getting to 100%.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

This ain't about feminism, patriarchy, any arguments about James Rolfe or how the actress were, but why did anyone expect a Sony Pictures film to be good or even decent

Did you not remember how every one of us crapped on Pixels the entire summer last year.

AndreaAC

Did you not remember how every one of us crapped on Pixels the entire summer last year.
Oh, I remember when the trailer and poster came out and my dad, knowing that I had LOVED Wreck It Ralph, showed it to me, and it really didn't got my atention. A lot later I saw the Nostalgia Critic review and I was like "What...?" then I saw the CinemaSins, and I just couldn't believe it, it was so horrible that I skipped all of the video...and the last part with Q-bert turning into a woman and...baby things...what. I was glad that I didn't go to watch it, but I still regreted watching the videos related to it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, I remember when the trailer and poster came out and my dad, knowing that I had LOVED Wreck It Ralph, showed it to me, and it really didn't got my atention. A lot later I saw the Nostalgia Critic review and I was like "What...?" then I saw the CinemaSins, and I just couldn't believe it, it was so horrible that I skipped all of the video...and the last part with Q-bert turning into a woman and...baby things...what. I was glad that I didn't go to watch it, but I still regreted watching the videos related to it.
Have you ever seen the show Futurama, just asking?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pixels had a couple of enjoyable scenes, but overall it wasn't a very good movie. Which is a shame, even if it was done on Futurama, I love the concept.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yep, more than 10 years before
And did they really have to make that freakin' movie? I feel it like the producers thought "Oh, just because it is a videogame related movie, it is going to be a sucess!" when it actually looks like someone got pretty much...high while playing on some oldie arcade machines or while watching that Futurama episode. Wreck it Ralph was beautiful, it did it right, but the now announced sequel is making me doubt so much, specially when it seems to be based on the internet rather than games.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
SnK Spoilers

LOLARMINLIVES

Can somebody pick up the phone because I ****ing called it.

And probably so did everyone else honestly.
Amin surviving was a bit surprising for me. I mean, the dude got roasted until all the skin in his upper body burned off AND fell down a 50 meter height. Looks like Armin is much stronger than I thought. Ah well, it's great to see one of my favorite characters alive...

But don't forget that we have now reached the next "big decision" in the series: the Titan serum. It turns out Erwin survived as well, and since the serum can only be used once, so it all comes down to this: should Erwin, the commander and the one who can lead the Survey Corps, survive, or should Armin, best friend to the protagonist who's also got good wits, live on instead? I visited the Snk tumblr tag, and let's just say, the Snk fandom is in Civil War right now because of it.

Also, pretty much RIP Bertolt at this point. He's going to be Titan food for whoever becomes a titan at this point so that they become a shifter/the next Colossal Titan. Even Zeke/Beast Titan admitted that.

But the most interesting part of this chapter for me was the scene where Zeke talks to Eren. Looks like those theories regarding Zeke being related to Grisha may become true after all. I mean, look at this panel.

They both look very similar, bearing practically identical features (only difference being the hair and beard, but if they are brothers, one of their parents could be dark-haired, while the other could be light-haired). Even Eren ends up mistaking Zeke for Grisha. Also, Zeke tells Eren that Grisha apparently "brainwashed" him, as well as Zeke himself. Is this just a trick to convince Eren to join his side, or was Zeke really being sincere about this? Either way, I can't wait to see this mystery get expanded on later in the series.

And let's not forget with Ymir's letter to Historia that Hange recovered from Reiner, another mystery has been raised. What does the letter contain? I bet it will explain a few mysteries and discuss Ymir's whereabouts (probably either Ymir was devoured by a Titan to let it become a Titan Shifter or she is now a prisoner in the Homeland).

And Reiner is officially the plot armor-blessed luckiest character at this point. He once again survives what could've been death at the hands of the Survey Corps thanks to Zeke and the Mule Titan. I do feel a bit bad for Reiner though. If you look closely at his final panel in the chapter, you can see a tear coming out of his eye. Perhaps it's from learning that Bertolt has very little chance of survival at this point? If Reiner survived yet again, I have a feeling Isayama wants to use him for that final battle, so it seems like his character arc isn't done yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem is not that the Pixels premise was done before
The problem is that it is an Adam Sandler movie
The problem IS Adam Sandler

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What, we have a new leak?

*looks through past couple of pages*

. . .

*3D Printed fake NX controller flashbacks intensify*

I'm suspicious of a leak that builds off of another leak for credibility. But I suppose I can check what it is. . .

*looks at new leak*

. . .So literally the only evidence backing this up other than piggybacking off of a previous leak is the fact that it says "there will be a Fire/Poison type in the game?"

. . .meh-meh-meh?

I think I'm going to need to see something more solid from this before I fully trust it. If anything the fact that it backs up a previous leak makes me more suspicious because between the fake NX and all the Gematsu follow-the-leader leakers, leaks that rely on other leaks tend to be. . .less than reliable.

*EDIT* OK now something said it specified lizard somewhere, which would make me believe it more, but I still haven't seen the actual quote of it sorting through yet. It's hard to see what was actually said through all of the telephone game this leak is going through.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well here's another voice mod, this time it's for Marth. Obvious choice for his voice is obvious.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/31268

I plan on going back to it to change a couple things, on that note:

ChikoLad ChikoLad Hey do Marth's Counter quotes worked in your mod? For some reason he doesn't say the ones I assigned him, instead making generic grunts, but you can still hear them in sound test so?? Maybe I'm missing something.
I have not got them working yet.

While it's true that Marth's old counter quotes from Brawl are in his sound test and therefore his NUS3BANK in Smash Wii U/3DS, they aren't actually used in-game. When I was using the 3DS version to get a sense of which voice clip went with which action, I noticed that he actually just uses his generic attack grunts when he counters.

This isn't a problem with your mod, it's just the clips aren't actually used in-game.

I heard there is a way to give extra voice clips and essentially completely customise that stuff, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hey ChikoLad ChikoLad quick question, I have Evil Ryu set to c08, and his voice is set to 'snd_vc_Ryu_09".

In parameters, do I set the value for costume 8 (Name 29) to 8 or 9?
Set Name 7 to 9. It's 8 by default. That adds the extra costume slot.

Set Name 29 to 9. It's 0 by default.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's up?

I've only 100%'ed NSMBWii and Return to Dreamland. I admittedly lose motivation to go for completion once I finish the main mode. NSMBWii and KRtDL were enjoyable enough (especially in multiplayer) so I kept playing.

Currently busy with Neptunia Re;Birth 1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom