• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
But I'm it's just cartoonish comic and I remember seeing some suicide jokes in cartoons in my tv and it wasn't banned or never shown again. So it looks fine to me.
I sent you a PM about it. It's my mistake for not PMing you directly about it first. Let's discuss the issue there.

In other news, Pokemon GO still hasn't launched in Japan :(

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I'm thinking of making a fighting game centric music pack for Smash 4.

If anyone has any suggestions in regards to any specific themes I should use and what stage they should go on, that would be awesome :D

So far I have stuff from SF 2-5 + Alpha, MvC2, and CvS2.
Might I suggest Stray Cat from Melty Blood to go on Onett? I also think Blood Heat or End of 1000 Years for a stage like Norfair or something, but IDK for sure.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...transmission issues... fantastic...all this after getting my car back from repairs from an accident...fml...

at least it's still covered under warranty...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They wouldn't forget Tikal, they recently made official art of her a few months ago.

I'm hoping they remember Gemeral exists though, apparently he does nothing but keep Vanilla company while Cream joins the Sonic gang.
I'm aware, I just still find it funny whenever they reference "forgotten" characters.

Mainly because it's just been Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot lately. With the occasional dose of Metal Sonic and Shadow. And then everyone else is thrown into spin-offs like the Olympics.

I hope the next main series game utilises more characters, even if it's just in a multiplayer mode.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
To anyone who has finished Mother 3, here's an (important) question:

For what purpose/gain do the Pigmasks and Fassad try to corrupt Tazmily with money? I mean, why would they use that one stratagem in particular when they could simply get to the point and dominate/obliterate/conquer (don't know for sure) the village without further ado?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a little bean bag ball hidden inside my box of Coco-Pops this morning, and it has the SEGA font on it.

IMAG0385.jpg

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Waluigi? What was the deal with that? (I got here too late).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Waluigi? What was the deal with that? (I got here too late).
A donation incentive for Super Mario Land.
It would either be Red (Mario), Green (Luigi) or Purple (Waluigi) and Purple won.
'Twas WAHnderful.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
To anyone who has finished Mother 3, here's an (important) question:

For what purpose/gain do the Pigmasks and Fassad try to corrupt Tazmily with money? I mean, why would they use that one stratagem in particular when they could simply get to the point and dominate/obliterate/conquer (don't know for sure) the village without further ado?
You may not be happy with this answer, cause you may view it as a cop-out but

Its because Porky/Pokey felt like it, his mind set is one of a child, and that the World in Mother 3 is his plaything, so he can do with it as he pleases.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
You may not be happy with this answer, cause you may view it as a cop-out but

Its because Porky/Pokey felt like it, his mind set is one of a child, and that the World in Mother 3 is his plaything, so he can do with it as he pleases.
Makes sense! Fine by me. But then again, how can a child display such clever, well-thought schemes?

Makes sense! Fine by me. But then again, how can a child display such clever, well-thought schemes?
Well when you have hundreds/thousands of years of planning your "age" doesn't really matter

After the awesomeness FE6 I really haven't been to find a game to play. Been in a rut.

Right now my train of thought has been:
SGDQ looks fun ----> These Mario runs have been pretty cool ---> I don't like 2D marios though ---> My favorite Mario GDQ speedrun is 3D World ---> I own 3D world

So now I might just wind up trying to practice world 1-1 (and maybe beyond!) today on my day off. Time to go make 3D world speedrunners look bad!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This SMB3 run at SGDQ is beautiful.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well, after 2 or 10 headaches, I finished my Roy English VA mod, you can get it here:

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/31247

Sadly, the preview .mp3 file won't work for some strange reason (and I can't seem to edit the post), so you'll just have to download it and hear it for yourselves.

EDIT: Nvm, it works. lol

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Shout out to the Game of Thrones spoilers at SGDQ

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question: There's a retro game store I usually go to. Currently they have a copy of the GameCube title "Chibi-Robo!" (a game I really want to try). While it's nice that it's still unopened in its original plastic wrapping, they're asking $100 for it.

I this a good deal or should I try elsewhere?

Chrono.

Question: There's a retro game store I usually go to. Currently they have a copy of the GameCube title "Chibi-Robo!" (a game I really want to try). While it's nice that it's still unopened in its original plastic wrapping, they're asking $100 for it.

That game is nowhere near worth that price.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Just download the ISO and play it in Dolphin.

Or softmod your Wii and play it there.

Then if you see it one day for an actually reasonable price, buy it for collection purposes I guess.

Nintendo isn't getting your money either way so there's no guilt in just downloading an ISO.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm trying Dolphin for Chibi-Robo! but it's worth noting my computer is somewhat old. While I can run Dolphin on it with no graphical problems, running at normal speed is a challenge (the only game I've tried so far that emulated at full speed flawlessly is Mario Kart Arcade GP 2).

We'll see when Chibi-Robo! is done downloading

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, has anyone ever heard of a manga called UQ Holder? And if so, is it any good or should I spend my money on something else?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I can run Dolphin on it with no graphical problems, running at normal speed is a challenge (the only game I've tried so far that emulated at full speed flawlessly is Mario Kart Arcade GP 2).
Teach me your secrets.

I loved that game when I played it in the arcades.

I wouldn't mind trying Arcade GP DX too since that one has Rosalina (but she's DLC so I don't know how that would work in an emulator).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Teach me your secrets.

I loved that game when I played it in the arcades.

I wouldn't mind trying Arcade GP DX too since that one has Rosalina (but she's DLC so I don't know how that would work in an emulator).
There's a YouTube video (can't say which one to avoid a ban) that has the supplies needed to play (easy to search for though). The Dolphin to run the arcade Mario Karts is not the same as the typical GameCube/Wii Dolphin.

And you can skip GP1 and go right ahead to GP2 because GP2 is nothing more than a basically exact copy of GP1 but with more content (but if you still want to try GP1, I won't stop you).

Arcade GP DX, however, hasn't been emulated yet (GP1 & GP2 ran on a modified GameCube engine, GP DX does not)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Nintendo UK Store is holding a competition where you can win tickets to Hyper Japan in London and get a pre-allocated time to play Breath of the Wild
>It's open to Irish residents, something Nintendo UK rarely do
>I enter
>Looks up flights for that day where I can fly into Heathrow in the morning and fly back later in the day
>Cheapest flights are €150

What the hell kind of nonsense is that?

Like this would have been such a cool opportunity, but why are the flights so freakin' expensive? I ordered flights for my friend and I to go to London for Summer of Sonic, and that wasn't even €90 for two people, and the return flight is two days after the inward flight in that case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom