• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

mfw D.Va got such a classy skin which is just what I was wanting! And the mech is black, gold, and red? Those are my colors! Awesome!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
". . .While also being mauled by a bear, being impaled by a ballista's bolt, being cursed by a mummy, and being victim of identity theft."

:061:
Dude, I already had a hard time drawing this...
picasso.png

I can't put more stuff :v

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
that was...an interesting direction the thread went on the last page there....

a good reminder why swimming in South America is just a bad idea...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But the best part is living proof that the best girl (Yomi) isn't trash when she won the SK poll and got a brand new illustration.

So you know what to say. :troll:
The poll was rigged, simple as that. Characters like Mirai and Kafuru shouldn't be that high (I don't lolis are that popular in the fandom). And I fail to believe Asuka or Homura didn't reach the top ten.

So no, Miss Bean Sprouts is far from the best girl.

D

Deleted member

Swimming in general is a bad idea

At least 99% of all drowning cases occur in or near water.

Stay Safe. Stay Dry.
:217:
Where do the other 1% of cases happen???

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The poll was rigged, simple as that. Characters like Mirai and Kafuru shouldn't be that high (I don't lolis are that popular in the fandom). And I fail to believe Asuka or Homura didn't reach the top ten.

So no, Miss Bean Sprouts is far from the best girl.
It's alright, you are experiencing the first stage of grief. Which is denial.

Maybe one day, you'll understand that Yomi is by far the best girl and far from gutter trash. At least Hikage and Yumi are at the top, which is expected.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's alright, you are experiencing the first stage of grief. Which is denial.

Maybe one day, you'll understand that Yomi is by far the best girl and far from gutter trash. At least Hikage and Yumi are at the top, which is expected.
I'll admit defeat. Some older favorites like Kat and Haruka dropped in popularity over the years with these new favorites showing up. But why Yomi of characters manage to eclipse those two is beyond me?

She's generic personality wise, talks about bean sprouts as if they are her life, has the most generic appearance of the Crimson Girls, and she's pretty weak. But tastes are subjective after all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Linking due to their usual choice of language, but /v/ made a Fire Emblem version of the DK rap and it's basically what you'd expect. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Linking due to their usual choice of language, but /v/ made a Fire Emblem version of the DK rap and it's basically what you'd expect. :p
Poor Lucina.

I've seen this rap before. Definitely one of the best things to come out of /v/.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll admit defeat. Some older favorites like Kat and Haruka dropped in popularity over the years with these new favorites showing up. But why Yomi of characters manage to eclipse those two is beyond me?

She's generic personality wise, talks about bean sprouts as if they are her life, has the most generic appearance of the Crimson Girls, and she's pretty weak. But tastes are subjective after all.
What can I say.

Yomi easily has one of the worst backstories of the Crimson girls (grew up extremely poor with little means of nutrition), her dynamic with Ikaruga works very well if you think about it, she's actually one of the nicest characters of the bunch (less salty than Mirai and definitely far less sadistic than Haruka), nice themes (especially in the 3DS games), and perfect waifu material for those that find her waifu material (Not me).

Despite what you or @Burruni say, she's popular for more reasons than one. Don't be sleeping on her now that you see the truth. :laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So it seems Nintendo might be trying to phase out Miis, or at least not make them as much of a focal point anymore
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-wont-have-any-video-apps-at-launch
The fact that this is a thing also makes me wonder if the Friend List is also tucked into System Settings and it's simply that no one's looked into there. I already suggested it, but with the Miis placed there it almost makes it sound more plausible.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So it seems Nintendo might be trying to phase out Miis, or at least not make them as much of a focal point anymore
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-wont-have-any-video-apps-at-launch
"More facial components and colors for hair and skin have been added, while the following attributes have been removed: creator's name, favorites, birthday, copying, and 'public.'" the company stated.

On Switch, Miis can be sent and received through local wireless internet or by using Amiibo to transfer avatars from the Wii U and 3DS.

Developers will also be able to include Miis as avatars in their games, should they wish.
Of course we're moving away from Miis, and what a better way to do it than by giving them more options for their faces /s. On another note, they got rid of some very unimportant things, which is great. And amiibo Transfer from 3DS and Wii-U? I hope I dont need the Mii amiibos specifically to do that...

Also, is Dragon Quest Builders any good? I want a new game for my PS4.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The fact that this is a thing also makes me wonder if the Friend List is also tucked into System Settings and it's simply that no one's looked into there. I already suggested it, but with the Miis placed there it almost makes it sound more plausible.
Even if that's the case, that's just bad design now.

I could understand Miis being tucked away if they're not as integral to the experience, but a friend's list? That should be upfront and possibly center.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a huge button, but there needs to be some sort of quick indicator.
The Xbox One UI doesn't have the friends list as a major button, but you can still see that there's 8 friends online at a quick glace
Playstation 4 UI is the same case
If I need to hunt to even see how many people are on, that's a problem.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Another thing I just thought of, but if they're adding additional Mii designs and a Smash Bros port is being developed, those will likely be part of the things added to the port.

That's a further indication that at least some level of change would have to be applied to a Smash Bros port in order for it to work (aside from already obvious dual screen issues with certain specific features), although whether things like this will eat up time that could have gone to other functions if it is being made is another matter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Your ego is showing Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . It's best not to think this is some victory celebration for you. :rolleyes:

And that Tweet too, so mature...

D

Deleted member

From what we have seen so far of the system's user interface, they don't seem to be used much throughout it. They seem to simply function as mere avatars. But they are certainly here to stay, so I don't know why would Nintendo be trying to phase them out to begin with. If that were the case, then stuff like Miitomo and Miitopia, which came out a month ago in Japan, wouldn't exist.

Also, they did add a couple more customization options to Mii characters on the Switch's Mii Maker, so there's that as well.

When did they say this??
They haven't confirmed it. It's just been a bunch of rumors that have been floating around for a year now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
From what we have seen so far of the system's user interface, they don't seem to be used much throughout it. They seem to simply function as mere avatars. But they are certainly here to stay, so I don't know why would Nintendo be trying to phase them out to begin with. If that were the case, then stuff like Miitomo and Miitopia, which came out a month ago in Japan, wouldn't exist.

Also, they did add a couple more customization options to Mii characters on the Switch's Mii Maker, so there's that as well.

They haven't confirmed it. It's just been a bunch of rumors that have been floating around for a year now.
Yeah, I shouldn't have said "phase out" more so just, not make them as important.

Apparently you could even just use Nintendo characters as avatars. It'd be cool if they sold extra avatars like Playstation does.

Maybe then I could get my beloved Lusamine when Pokemon Sun/Moon gets re-released on Switch~♡

Oh, new FFXV stuff
I don't care if this isn't extra story content or a big ass boss, this is amazing. And you'll be able to take pics on your own when not in battle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your ego is showing Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . It's best not to think this is some victory celebration for you. :rolleyes:

And that Tweet too, so mature...
Well it's true, you are salty because you are wrong.

I've been telling you for weeks that Yomi was a the best girl and here we are. I hoped you learned a valuable lesson today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well it's true, you are salty because you are wrong.

I've been telling you for weeks that Yomi was a the best girl and here we are. I hoped you learned a valuable lesson today.
Your new username and avatar are making it harder for me to distinguish you and Aussie.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your new username and avatar are making it harder for me to distinguish you and Aussie.
Come on, it's not that hard.

I am Yomi and she is Asuka. :p

And I can already tell I will miss the old name for a while. Hope it won't be hard to tag me in the future. :laugh:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
All this time I thought they were talking about YOMI, the esports team

There's a lot of boobs on this page now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did something happen to smashboards for anyone else? It was being blocked by my firewall saying it's unsafe and wouldn't let me enter for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom