• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Almid=Armid
Andre/Andore=Andrey
Mahnya=Annand
Azel=Azelle
Burian=Brian
Sharlow=Charlot
Holyn=Chulainn
Kinbois=Cimbaeth
Claude=Claud
Corple=Coirpre
Radney=Creidne
Roddlevan=Dalvin
Dilma=Deimne
Delmud=Diarmuid
Aideen=Edain
Fury=Erinys
Faval=Febail
Femina=Hermina
Leen=Lene
Langobalt=Lombard
Johan=Luchar
Jovahalva=Luchaba
Mana=Muirne
Gandolf=Munnir
Noish=Naoise
Scorpio=Scipio
Tiltyu=Tailtiu
Teeny=Tine

Can't wait to see the namewankers react to this. :D

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

A clean cut of the Echoes trailer from the Direct. As mentioned before, it looks great and I'm really looking forward to it personally.

Reading through FE6's official names and half of these DEFINITELY were not what I played through. Good job fan translators lol.
FE6 remake when?

I just realized it's a really good day to be any kind of Fire Emblem fan

Like the new games? Switch game is in development.
Like the old games? Gaiden remake incoming
Just like the idea/characters/setting of FE? FE warriors is a thing
Just like the the artsyle? Just like the characters? Sort of like the gameplay? Any level of fan to be given fanservice? FE mobile is on the way.

No FE fan goes hungry. Thank you Nintendo or being so gracious
:061:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So.... How was the Anime Emblem direct summarized up, guys? (I'll probably be the one person in this room who isn't a fan of Fire Emblem).

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
May try out Heroes, but other than that I'm not too interested. Sounds hype for all you Fire Emblem fans though.

I do want to give the franchise a spin one day though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A new Fire Emblem game coming out in the same year of the 30th anniversary of Nintendo Wars. Just kill me now...

Intelligent Systems is so full of **** for saying that they care about the series and that they're looking to bring back the series. They just need to give the series away to someone that won't treat the series like dog****. That's what they were going to do for 64 Wars before it got cancelled so they might as well do it now. I feel like i've honestly reached my breaking point with these people.

Hell phone up the people that made Tiny Metal and ask them to make an official Advance Wars game because at least they give a **** about the series unlike Intelligent Systems.

If Metroid fans think they have it bad all they need to do is look our way and they outta be jumping for joy or something. If this series was even close to being as healthy as Metroid I would be the one jumping for joy.

I know I said I needed to leave here for some time and I still intend on doing just that but after seeing what happened i'm just so depressed by all of this BS by Intelligent Systems and needed to vent on their ****.

I also have no aptitude to go at it with certain members here that are going to give me grief for what I just said (you people know exactly who you are) so i'm just going to leave it at that. Goodbye. Hopefully we'll meet again under better circumstances.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Reading through FE6's official names and half of these DEFINITELY were not what I played through. Good job fan translators lol.
Funny thing that, some of the FE4 names are fairly close to some of the controversial name changes that Project Naga used.

Especially Erinys and Coirpre. (Erin and Cairpre in Project Naga)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oh silly me, I thought I was going to save money by waiting to buy the Switch until the holiday season.

[empties wallet]

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A new Fire Emblem game coming out in the same year of the 30th anniversary of Nintendo Wars. Just kill me now...

Intelligent Systems is so full of **** for saying that they care about the series and that they're looking to bring back the series. They just need to give the series away to someone that won't treat the series like dog****. That's what they were going to do for 64 Wars before it got cancelled so they might as well do it now. I feel like i've honestly reached my breaking point with these people.

Hell phone up the people that made Tiny Metal and ask them to make an official Advance Wars game because at least they give a **** about the series unlike Intelligent Systems.

If Metroid fans think they have it bad all they need to do is look our way and they outta be jumping for joy or something. If this series was even close to being as healthy as Metroid I would be the one jumping for joy.

I know I said I needed to leave here for some time and I still intend on doing just that but after seeing what happened i'm just so depressed by all of this BS by Intelligent Systems and needed to vent on their ****.

I also have no aptitude to go at it with certain members here that are going to give me grief for what I just said (you people know exactly who you are) so i'm just going to leave it at that. Goodbye. Hopefully we'll meet again under better circumstances.
I was waiting patiently and it looks like that patience was rewarded!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Where are you getting this battle damaged art?
https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/
Under meet some of the heroes section. Wait for the art to switch.
I can't copy the other 2 of Anna for some reason.

I think its fine to vent out but you shouldn't compare to Metroid in all your rant posts since its a different situation all together. I've read the same sentence about Metroid at least 3 times lol.

Was pretty funny to read tho.:p Until the last paragraph, anyway...

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Almid=Armid
Andre/Andore=Andrey
Mahnya=Annand
Azel=Azelle
Burian=Brian
Sharlow=Charlot
Holyn=Chulainn
Kinbois=Cimbaeth
Claude=Claud
Corple=Coirpre
Radney=Creidne
Roddlevan=Dalvin
Dilma=Deimne
Delmud=Diarmuid
Aideen=Edain
Fury=Erinys
Faval=Febail
Femina=Hermina
Leen=Lene
Langobalt=Lombard
Johan=Luchar
Jovahalva=Luchaba
Mana=Muirne
Gandolf=Munnir
Noish=Naoise
Scorpio=Scipio
Tiltyu=Tailtiu
Teeny=Tine

Hmm, looking at a good chunk of these names, they either tweaked it to better portray their name's origins (ex. Delmud to Diarmuid) or changed them outright to better fit the mold of the other characters drawing from myths like Celtic lore (ex. Holyn to Chulainn). So for those types of names, these changes are pretty good actually, though there are a couple oddballs here and there such as Scorpio>Scipio.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also I just want to say if you happen to like all the Fire Emblem and stuff i'm not flaming you guys or anything like that.

That's something I want to make clear. If you're a fan of the series more power to you and stuff. I'll never tell anyone not to like something and I don't want to bring anyone down for anything I say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized that a total of SIX Fire Emblem games will soon be playable in English on the 3DS, more than any other Nintendo system so far.

Shadow Dragon (Backwards Compatibility)
Echoes
The Sacred Stones (Ambassadors Only)
Awakening
Fates
Warriors

D

Deleted member

AYY LMAO. I didn't know they were gonna put Baby Bop's voice in a FE game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
inb4 Alm and Celica get rated in RTC along with the mobile OC characters

Almid=Armid
Andre/Andore=Andrey
Mahnya=Annand
Azel=Azelle
Burian=Brian
Sharlow=Charlot
Holyn=Chulainn
Kinbois=Cimbaeth
Claude=Claud
Corple=Coirpre
Radney=Creidne
Roddlevan=Dalvin
Dilma=Deimne
Delmud=Diarmuid
Aideen=Edain
Fury=Erinys
Faval=Febail
Femina=Hermina
Leen=Lene
Langobalt=Lombard
Johan=Luchar
Jovahalva=Luchaba
Mana=Muirne
Gandolf=Munnir
Noish=Naoise
Scorpio=Scipio
Tiltyu=Tailtiu
Teeny=Tine

My only complaint is I can't make a "You shall not pass!" joke with Munnir.
Nor a Hank Scorpio joke with Scipio.
Small sacrifices.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh wow. I'm surprised they didn't mention in the Direct that Gaiden will be 25 years old when Fire Emblem Echoes releases. Gaiden was released on March 14, 1992 and Echoes releases on May 19th 2017.

That aside, looking at Fire Emblem Echoes' art, is the same person who did the Gamecube games' artwork also doing Echoes? The artstyle for Alm and Celica looks pretty familiar.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
-FE2 remake was shown
-FE Warriors was shown, we now know it's coming to Switch and New3DS, but we don't know much more new info.
-They're confirmed working on a new FE game for Switch to be released in 2018, but we don't know anything more.
-FE mobile is a gacha game (like Fate/Grand Order or Kantai Collection, but with FE characters)
Much appreciated. So, now that I know what's going on, time for some unpopular opinions.
  • FE2 Remake with Amiibo and all. Yet, still no Mother 3.
  • FE Warriors coming to Switch and New3DS isn't much of a surprise. Hyrule Warriors eventually found its way on both home and portable consoles, after all. Not interested, personally, but I'll admit that FE was the next best candidate for a Warriors game.
  • New FE game for Switch in 2018? Two years after Fates? They're really pushing Fire Emblem... shame other series can't get such good treatment.
  • FE Mobile game. The third franchise to be brought to mobile, I do believe? Uh-huh...
Not a fan of all the attention FE has been getting, to be brutally honest. The series escaped death, and now Nintendo is doing all it can to ensure it doesn't hit the deathbed once more. That's cool and all, but it sucks when other series that aren't doing so well are left in the dust. Its like if a doctor saved the life of one infant, and went showing him off like a trophy, when there are still a few other infants that need help. Anyways, congrats to FE fans.

Last edited:

Super Mario Run coming to Android in March

. . .which means nothing to me since FEH will already be out :p
:061:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Much appreciated. So, now that I know what's going on, time for some unpopular opinions.
  • FE2 Remake with Amiibo and all. Yet, still no Mother 3.
  • FE Warriors coming to Switch and New3DS isn't much of a surprise. Hyrule Warriors eventually found its way on both home and portable consoles, after all. Not interested, personally, but I'll admit that FE was the next best candidate for a Warriors game.
  • New FE game for Switch in 2018? Two years after Fates? They're really pushing Fire Emblem... shame other series can't get such good treatment.
  • FE Mobile game. The third franchise to be brought to mobile, I do believe? Uh-huh...
Not a fan of all the attention FE has been getting, to be brutally honest. The series escaped death, and now Nintendo is doing all it can to ensure it doesn't hit the deathbed once more. That's cool and all, but it sucks when other series that aren't doing so well are left in the dust. Its like if a doctor saved the life of one infant, and went showing him off like a trophy, when there are still a few other infants that need help. Anyways, congrats to FE fans.
To be fair, they tried with Star Fox but Miyamoto ****ed it up and now it's stuck in limbo again.

Unless they make a Zero port for Switch that fixes the controls and graphics.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also Takumi is the most popular Fates character.

Who allowed this?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Thought I'd go with a character from the first FE game I played:

20170119_103122.png

Will update tomorrow.

Wow, mobile screenshots are way bigger than I thought.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To quote Corrin, "I've made my choice."
image.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also Takumi is the most popular Fates character.

Who allowed this?
And you thought it was the Waifu boys behind the driving force. My padawan, you don't know the driving force of the Husbando ladies.

Opossum Opossum Considering your happiness for Chrom, I thought my Avatar would be very fitting to show you. Here's the big version.

I'm very sure you would love the artist's depictions of Chrom and his reactions. Here's a link to the artist.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=493034

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And you thought it was the Waifu boys behind the driving force. My padawan, you don't know the driving force of the Husbando ladies.
Bro, I KNOW about the Fujos.

They have more swing than the weigh fanboys.

Awakening and Fates are actually being played mostly by women.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
To be fair, they tried with Star Fox but Miyamoto ****ed it up and now it's stuck in limbo again.

Unless they make a Zero port for Switch that fixes the controls and graphics.
But if you fix the controls then you just have Star Fox 64

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Class ended early, and I got to watch the Direct. Hear are my thoughts:

Fire Emblem Echoes: I haven't played Gaiden, but it's really cool that they are remaking an old title! Looking forward to playing it!

Fire Emblem Warriors: I'm surprised they didn't reveal any new characters. Oh well, it was cool to see Chrom in action!

Fire Emblem Switch: Oh hey, a new main series Fire Emblem title on the way for the Switch! Can't wait to see what it is!

Fire Emblem Heroes: Now THIS looks awesome. Definitely getting when it comes out. I was surprised when I saw Xander and Lucina together, but when Camilla and Chrom appeared, it became clear that this was a crossover title. When I saw Takumi appear in 3D, I squeeled. My favorite Fire Emblem character/third favorite video game character is going to be in it! It seems like many characters from multiple FE games will also be playable! I even saw Oboro at one point in the trailer! The gameplay looks pretty fun, and I'll definitely give my Fire Emblem Heroes vote sometime soon. If I could vote for multiple candidates, I'd vote for everyone in Team Takumi, but if it's one vote, I guess I'll just have to narrow it to just Takumi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom