• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Site wont let me vote for anyone tat isnt from FE shadow dragon

Wont let me get any character art that isn't battle damage

Nintendo please why must you hate me so?
:060:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Funny, Tails (Heroes specifically) and Roy were worthless
Overall, ****ing sold! Glad FE's getting more love, and I'm incredibly curious about Echoes, as it'd be the first 3DS game with battle themes that aren't the map themes. So ****ing hyped

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My theory was right.

Nintendo is correcting the thing with too many characters :4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin: for a niche series complaint by expanding the crap out of it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
download.png

I kind of like this new character

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can we please take a moment to appreciate the old FE characters getting new art.

This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Oh, don't mind me Fal, lemme just put this through Waifu2x and save it.

A bit of a shame we didn't see much of FE Warriors though. But hey, at least Chrom finally got his chance for another day after all. c:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Actually thinking back, with the FE2 remake having the Echoes in the remake title, does actually make me think that they could remake some of the other titles as well, just hope that if the other ones get remade, that what makes them unique is kept in tact, such as the Lover system from FE4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, y'all voting for Ike right?

And his whole crew right? When's Brom? Kieran? Mia? Devdan? Ralph?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
upload_2017-1-19_4-17-48.png

I'm going to cycle Lyn -> Mia -> Anna -> Micaiah -> Ike -> Lyn for the next couple of weeks.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Voted for Minerva. :D

Remind me what these votes are for, again?
Can we please take a moment to appreciate the old FE characters getting new art.

Not to mention that the entire Gaiden cast will finally be getting art as well thanks to the remake.

They didn't even get art in the old TCG.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Didn't watch the Fire Emblem Direct because, to be honest, I couldn't care less about the series. But I'm reading what's being put out there and I'm confused. So, three games shown? FE Warriors, a FE2 remake, and a mobile game with some sort of ballot?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Voted the guy in the hood from Awakening since he looks cool and I might have it on my team.
Site wont let me vote for anyone tat isnt from FE shadow dragon

Wont let me get any character art that isn't battle damage

Nintendo please why must you hate me so?
:060:
Haha. It only worked properly for me when I searched it on my mobile. Try that.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh look, an |Ersatz| Alm.

Actually thinking back, with the FE2 remake having the Echoes in the remake title, does actually make me think that they could remake some of the other titles as well, just hope that if the other ones get remade, that what makes them unique is kept in tact, such as the Lover system from FE4.
Exactly. Nintendo has made our wildest dreams come true.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I'll be off to sleep.

Staying up like Oh boy 3 AM 3:30 AM was actually worth it. Haha.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
X8xzRHSiuqMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png
Jc1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

...Ooh I see the direction Nintendo is REALLY going with this game...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Didn't watch the Fire Emblem Direct because, to be honest, I couldn't care less about the series. But I'm reading what's being put out there and I'm confused. So, three games shown? FE Warriors, a FE2 remake, and a mobile game with some sort of ballot?
-FE2 remake was shown
-FE Warriors was shown, we now know it's coming to Switch and New3DS, but we don't know much more new info.
-They're confirmed working on a new FE game for Switch to be released in 2018, but we don't know anything more.
-FE mobile is a gacha game (like Fate/Grand Order or Kantai Collection, but with FE characters)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Welp. Can't say I expected Gaiden to get a remake...or to have it be so close to release! Were they working on this as a side project the whole time Color Splash was in development? Considering it's running on Fates' engine, I bet it wasn't nearly as much work to get going.

I had a feeling their new project after Color Splash was going to be a new Fire Emblem title...and I also figured it was too soon for them to have any gameplay of it. I imagine we won't be hearing much about that one until the fall, seeing how it's set to release next year and Nintendo's E3 strategy is usually focused on same-year releases.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not even a Fire Emblem fan (by virtue of the fact I've only actually played one game, not because I dislike it), and I still found that entire Direct to be more hype than the entire Nintendo Switch Presentation and information blowout.

This really is one of Nintendo's premium franchises now.

Also, I'm gonna be completely alone in this but I'm doing it anyway.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh, wow.

It looks like thanks to FE Heroes and the poll, we're getting official localized names for most every FE character.

I can't wait for the ****storm.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Agreed, especially since characters like the FE2-5 ones haven't had modern full character art done for the majority of them, so it'll be really nice to see them brought to the public eye again after being more in the shadows.

Also, I was looking at some of the characters and interestingly enough it looks like all of the characters from the previous games have now gotten translated/localized names. Some are pretty good such as Wendy>Gwendolyn (which is an Arthurian reference), so check them out if you're interested to see what your old favorite characters have gotten.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Brief thoughts on FE Direct:
-Fire Emblem Echoes
Looks neat, seems we may be getting a remake every few years seeing as how niche the series was before being brought to Smash, I still haven't played any game outside of Awakening so remake or not its a whole new game for me...new amiibos are neat (still no word on Corrin)
-New FE Switch
Really was not surprised, seems a rather casual way to announce it with almost no information to go with it...
-FE Warriors
Nice! We got a release window, but they didn't show ANY other characters....why? Was pretty disappointed tbh...
Little surprised to see it release on the 3DS as well...I feel like there's not much point since the Switch can be taken on the go, but I guess, by its release more people will still own a 3DS than a Switch so it makes for a larger market...
-FE Heroes
Here's the mobile title...I honestly don't care but it looks pretty in depth...

As someone who isn't a big fan of Fire Emblem nothing really got me excited, then again I wasn't expecting to be...as mentioned it was a little disappointing there were no additional character reveals for FE Warriors...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's good to see that there's another game to look forward to on the Switch for year one.

Now they just need to keep announcing other games and we'll be looking at a decent list, rather than flimsy one.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Oh, something I think we all may have missed, I think they said that Echoes will have ALL of its lines voiced, honestly that could be interesting if they do plan on putting in Supports in the remake, which hopefully they do, cause I think having the VAs voice all the lines a character has could really help to further bring all the characters to life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom