• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think we can all agree the number of FE characters in Smash4 is pretty justifiable. :p

FE really is one of Nintendo's 'strong' IP's now. I am sooooo excited for all the games shown, especially the mobile game. It looks retro yet new and has so many characters.

FE Echoes is a great homage and should help the new fans who started from Awakening/Fates to appreciate the older games more.

FE Warriors looks GREAT!!! Wish they showed off a lot more, however. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I simply couldn't have asked for better.

Fire Emblem Echoes. Another 3DS Fire Emblem game.... and based on an old FE game to boot. I am so happy. I really didn't expect this.

The mobile game feels rather microtransaction dependent, but I'm still happy to see so many old favourites get a fresh lease of life through it.

Time to vote for Lyn and Mia for FE Heroes.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ayyy that was so much better than I thought it'd be. The New 3DS game looks boss... hopefully it's redemption for my unfortunate Fates experience.

D

Deleted member

LMFAO, of course Chrom was the only character they showed, pretty much just confirming what we already knew. :p

But the Gaiden remake intrigues me though. Maybe one day they can remake remake other FE games too, like FE4.(Just do something to make the gigantic maps more bearable and please don't have children of children. :p) Gaiden needed it the most though, I'd say.

The mobile game ain't too bad either, especially for mobile game standards. But with that being said, IDK whether or not I'll be playing it since I rarely play mobile games.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's with the vote in FE Heroes? Are those characters not going to show up unless they are voted for? Or?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, is the fact the FE Heroes is releasing for Android first compensation for Super Mario Run? :laugh:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>there's actually people not voting for best Lord Ike
1479987559454.jpg

I'll accept it if it was Lyn but this is a non-negotiable

Fix it, and do it justice for the right man.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So FE Heroes looks like a gacha game? so like F/GO or Kancolle, but with FE characters.
I assumed I was the only Narcian fan in the world. :p
Narcian's great. He's Kempf 2.0, sure, but more villains like Kempf are always welcome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought that was a pretty darn good Direct for what it aimed to be.

Two more FE games headed to 3DS, two FE games headed to Switch, and some crazy **** on mobile.

And amiibo.

Personally I only care about the Switch title right now, but I could see eventually being interested in Heroes and Warriors. I'm not the hugest FE fan, so I reach my saturation point pretty quick. If you are a FE fan though... it's a great time to be alive haha.

Also I shouted out "Watch out, he's got a gun!" during the Heroes trailer. x3

I think we can all agree the number of FE characters in Smash4 is pretty justifiable. :p
Never. :p

D

Deleted member

So, if I'm getting this right:
-FE Echoes is a Gaiden remake, kinda called it. I was always interested in it but it looked super dated so it's good I'll have a chance to try out the black sheep of FE IN 3D!!
-FEW? More like: Everything is Chrom in the future.
-FEW has a 3DS version apparently
-Have no idea how FE Mobile, will watch the trailer when I get the chance
-FE game for the Switch confirmation is cool I guess

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Voting for Chrom on the poll.

In Naga's name, 2017 will be the Year of Chrom. He'll finally get his chance.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem 1-6 Remake Checklist

Shadow Dragon - Check.
Gaiden - Check! REMAKE HYPE!!!
Mystery of the Emblem - Remake not localized.
Genealogy of the Holy War - Nope.
Thracia 776 - Nope.
The Binding Blade Ft. Our Boy - Nope.

FE Warriors looks pretty fun, too.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOLY DAMN! The website let's you choose any character from any Fire Emblem game. That's pretty awesome.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Fire Emblem Gaiden Remake available on May 19th. Alongside an Alm & Celica Amiibo 2-pack.
-Fire Emblem for Switch in 2018.
-Fire Emblem Warriors for Fall 2017. With New 3DS versions alongside the Switch version.
-Fire Emblem Heroes for Smartphones on Feb 2nd.

All in all, solid showings for Gaiden & Heroes, not much showing of Warriors, but the plan for a Fall 2017 release date is nice. And also a new main game for Switch is also nice to hear. I think Fire Emblem got a overall nice direct today.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought that was a pretty darn good Direct for what it aimed to be.

Two more FE games headed to 3DS, two FE games headed to Switch, and some crazy **** on mobile.

And amiibo.

Personally I only care about the Switch title right now, but I could see eventually being interested in Heroes and Warriors. I'm not the hugest FE fan, so I reach my saturation point pretty quick. If you are a FE fan though... it's a great time to be alive haha.

Also I shouted out "Watch out, he's got a gun!" during the Heroes trailer. x3

Never. :p
A gun that fires out Camilla too.

Gotta get that gun

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also did anyone else realize that Alm and Celica were the two-pack of Amiibos from an unknown franchise that were leaked somewhere?

There were four Amiibo leaked at one point, two single ones from Zelda that turned out to be Zelda and Bokoblin and an unknown two-pack. This is that two pack.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not a bad direct. I didn't even know that was FE 2's name lol.

The remake looks neat, I'll buy that for sure.

Wish we saw more warriors but that looks nice.

The mobile title seems good as well. A great cast of characters.

Also I'm glad we have a switch game coming that should be good. Hope we get it announced at E3.

Fire emblems getting some good love.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, I'm going to hype here for a sec.

Fire Emblem Gaiden remake is the last thing I expected and I love it. It looks really good. Switch Fire Emblem is hype as well, even if we know nothing of it. I wish we saw more characters in Fire Emblem Warriors, but at least we got some good Chrom gameplay, and it's going to be for both switch and New 3DS. Oh, and the mobile Fire Emblem looks really fun too.

Also, I find it funny how we see Gaiden amiibos before we even see Corrin's. :laugh:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gaiden!! This is the most hyped I've been for the series since Awakening was confirmed to be a sequel to Marth's games. I have so many fond memories of the original. :chuckle:

And it's coming out in May with Amiibos. How it was localized so quickly without being rumored/leaked is beyond me. Just confirm the OST release date now please. :love:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now we need a remake of Path of Radiance.
Let's see. . .they did 1, 3, went back to 2 just now. . .

If it goes roughly in order from here on out with a couple of slight blips, that's about. . .four more games before it's time.

Hope you like Genealogy of the Holy War.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can we please take a moment to appreciate the old FE characters getting new art.

This is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Okay, and my wallet just took another hit, was surprised by the Gaiden remake, was even more happy about Celica and Alm amiibo releases.

Although Nintendo does realise, that by doing this will just make want more people for them to remake FE4&5 right? I really want those games to be in English, now if we can just get FE12 to be translated and released on VC outside of Japan we would be set, cause then it would mean everyone would be able to play all FE games legally.

I'm also glad their keeping all the uniqueness that makes Gaiden, Gaiden.

Oh, and you guys see that the FE Heroes also has to be always online like Super Mario Run?

Actually that reminds me, they say anything else about the Animal Crossing mobile game yet?

Still glad to see a new mainline FE game is coming as well.

FE Warriors being on New 3DS surprised me, looks like the New 3DS finally got another game that the Original 3DS can't handle.

Also kind of feel the direct being voiced by Yuri Lowenthal was on purpose, he was the voice of Marth in Codename Steam after all, though kind of wish Nintendo had stuck with Spike Spencer as Marth's English VA, since he's the one who originally played him in the English FE anime dub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom