• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so anybody else get the feeling koei tecmo is trying to set up a smash bros warriors?

like hear me ut they started with hyrule warriors and got lucky with how popular it was, then they try to make starfox warriors but get turned down and they have gone on record they would like to see a mario warriors and are now working on fire emblem warriors...call me crazy but i think making "Nintendo warriors" was their goal from the very start and would not be surpised to Se Hyrule VS Fire emblem warriors crop up in the distant future as a sort of testing ground for them and a way to make nintendo see that they could handle an eventual all series crossover

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyone know anything about computers? Because I got some questions about my new computer and it's constant need to randomly restart. I've had it since late November and I just...I don't understand.

I know it can't possibly be overheating or overexhausted or overworked because it has 12gb and when this happens? It's often only with Firefox open on to pages like this one/Tumblr/Chat rooms.
Is it doing updates?? It normally restarts after updates

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Anime is something that you truly love and it needs a certain style to appeal to your style.

You like having a multiple cast to have fun with and the dialogue they share. Also you might invite misery but you don't know it.

You like a good mystery and music is your first and last love.

You love the night time setting. You like having various different options in your arsenal and you like funny banter between the cast.

You love the creativity and story these games bring.

And you really love swords. Especially buff guys with swords.

You're a fan of Beserek aren't you?.

Those games were kinda boring IMO.

I prefer Halo 2 And SSX Tricky/On Tour.

When your favorite games are almost similar, it truly messes me up. Like, there's nothi by to go off except that Pokemon is your bread and butter

Let me guess you play Tron. Because I saw that combination really good.
On tour over ****ing 3?! I could understand Tricky, I mean, from what I understand, it's basically a battle between SSX Tricky and 3 for best in the series. But On Tour?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not updates as I'm not getting the notification from Windows that it's updating.

And when I go into Event Viewer? There's a critical error event every time this happens.
Are you getting a number or code for the error?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Lettuce see.. Champ Gold Champ Gold

LoZ Ocarina of time
Skyrim
And Infamous Second Son

I just picked the first three games I enjoy playing :lol:

Also the Direct is at 2 pm eastern right?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Anime is something that you truly love and it needs a certain style to appeal to your style.

You like having a multiple cast to have fun with and the dialogue they share. Also you might invite misery but you don't know it.

You like a good mystery and music is your first and last love.

You love the night time setting. You like having various different options in your arsenal and you like funny banter between the cast.

You love the creativity and story these games bring.

And you really love swords. Especially buff guys with swords.

You're a fan of Beserek aren't you?.

Those games were kinda boring IMO.

I prefer Halo 2 And SSX Tricky/On Tour.

When your favorite games are almost similar, it truly messes me up. Like, there's nothi by to go off except that Pokemon is your bread and butter

Let me guess you play Tron. Because I saw that combination really good.
Ayyy. Not bad again. I do plan on getting into Beserk at somepoint

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

You like having a multiple cast to have fun with and the dialogue they share.
Right on.

Also you might invite misery but you don't know it.
I... am not sure what you mean by this though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are you getting a number or code for the error?
The Event ID is 41?

This is what Microsoft says about it:

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. There may be insufficient information to explicitly define what happened. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem.
Which is weird because I didn't add anything like or additional devices/hard disks. Just the stuff that came with the computer when I bought it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, Mario's head is pretty hard to get right. I often tend to sketch the head a lot with mixed results. Given I haven't drawn the entire body much as of lately, I'd even say it's just as hard as the face. As for Peach, I only drew her once in early 2013 and didn't create another drawing for whatever reason. Lol.

Also, I've changed how Mario's face looks. It's now closer to the most recent 2D artworks, such as this.

It's very difficult to determine what are my favorite games, so let's see some of what I've enjoyed the most instead.

- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
You really enjoy Mario.

You like diverse and color worlds and your gameplay style is always involving jumping and moving around platforms.

Lettuce see.. Champ Gold Champ Gold

LoZ Ocarina of time
Skyrim
And Infamous Second Son

I just picked the first three games I enjoy playing :lol:

Also the Direct is at 2 pm eastern right?
You like the morality system in games.

You love the open freedom of games. And last, you rather direct your game to how you want it

This is gonna be my last one for tonight.

Long day of work tomorrow but I will leave you with this
Okay...

Champ Gold Champ Gold

Kirby Super Star Ultra
Chrono Trigger
Metroid Prime Trilogy
You like having multiple different experiences.

Your gameplay style is having lots of variety

And last, you have great taste in music.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
OK Champ Gold Champ Gold I have a list

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS
Overwatch

Bear in mind I took time to think of these. These games are my favorite because of my personal experience, but I would like your take on them as well.

Edit- bamboozled again. I'll get em next time :p

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can see why you're a One Piece fan.

You love the beauty of the world and what it brings. You like to experience a game with a light tone and effective gameplay.

You enjoy the adventure more so than the characters, story.

It's hard for you to get into games without a lot attention to its color.
That's pretty solid! I like it - you got me!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OK Champ Gold Champ Gold I have a list

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS
Overwatch

Bear in mind I took time to think of these. These games are my favorite because of my personal experience, but I would like your take on them as well.

Edit- bamboozled again. I'll get em next time :p
I guess I could do this.

You love having an arsenal of diverse heroes on your side and the feeling of adventure with them.

You love addicting multiplayer action.

Champ Gold Champ Gold

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Kingdom Hearts II
I see a lot of twos in your life.

Also the 6th generation of gaming must have been your all time favorite.

And last, you like the darkness.

And if anyone gets offended of a black guy making a black joke, please don't. That was the easily setup ever

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I guess I could do this.

You love having an arsenal of diverse heroes on your side and the feeling of adventure with them.

You love addicting multiplayer action.

I see a lot of twos in your life.

Also the 6th generation of gaming must have been your all time favorite.

And last, you like the darkness.

And if anyone gets offended of a black guy making a black joke, please don't. That was the easily setup ever
Correct, although that doesn't really fit for Galaxy.

D

Deleted member

Champ Gold Champ Gold

Looking back, even though your other observations were right on point too, how the heck did you guess my favorite color was green? That's the one that surprised me the most.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Champ Gold Champ Gold

Looking back, even though your other observations were right on point too, how the heck did you guess my favorite color was green? That's the one that surprised me the most.
Ever notice how Master Chief is colored green or how Ash Crimson always has a green background behind him.

Think about it

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it
This small list of mine isn't my definitive top 3 favorite games since it's so tough to choose, but these are the ones I usually think of before my other favorites.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Halo 3.
3. Mega Man 9

D

Deleted member

You really enjoy Mario.

Congratulations! You are-a correct! Wahoo!

You like diverse and color worlds and your gameplay style is always involving jumping and moving around platforms.
Platformers are my best genre, correct.

I'm so used to Nintendo IP (generally creative and colorful, even though there are IP like Metroid, for example, that contrast with them) that everything else feels weird or odd at first. But well, I've been looking towards stuff like Bayonetta as of lately, so that kind of first impression I get may be improving a bit, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Random thought and completely unrelated to this thread atm, but I never understood why people take a debate about an opinion as = fighting or that someone is upset. Discussion of different views doesn't always mean people are fighting or upset.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You like the European style each game brings and you don't even think about it.

Your most memorable games always stay with you because of the soundtrack, you love to go out of your comfort zone and you like to take the long road rather than the easy way for a different experience.
Im still shocked on how perfectly accurate this is; you really nailed it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sheesh, having me pick stuff. This ain't gonna end well.

Aight Champ Gold Champ Gold , best I can come up with on short notice:

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Minecraft
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Not completely sure if that's accurate; keep thinking there's something I'm forgetting. But it feels right enough.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You like the morality system in games.

You love the open freedom of games. And last, you rather direct your game to how you want it
1st part is partially accurate there are times where I just follow 1 route such as Skyrim (I have problems doing the thieves guild, and Dark Brotherhood), but there are games that I can do both sides of the spectrum ie Infamous. I find it easier to do the evil side when there are no names attached to the random people you come across and having no bounty system..
2nd part is true lol having the freedom to do whatever you want within the realm of the game provides a unique experience to the game.
3rd part is definitely true lol. There are a few games where I'd rather reset the game or start over if what I wanted didn't happen. (I do this with Baseball games, and tried to with Super Mario strikers charged but they somehow made a reset into a forfeit..) I never really liked the fact that you can't control certain elements of a game and the disappointment of failing to computer players over things you can't do that much about if there's anything is annoying as crap.. (critical hits in Pokemon are the same regardless if it's against a computer or not)

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it
I might have to break this down into a few genres to see how you can guess my personality from the samples I provide:

1st Sample:
Metroid Prime
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pokémon Moon

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's not how it works. Who here could say they have enough insight to dive headfirst into a game's development several months ahead of time, potentially before some important concepts are even ironed out, to have the game ready at a launch date that itself probably isn't set in stone yet?

I understand the concerns over not having a ton of content on the Switch right at launch. Really, I do. But consider how much they already have planned for the first eight months. Look at this murderers' row of a lineup:

Launch: Breath of the Wild
Launch: Bomberman R
April: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
~April-May: ARMS
~June-July: Splatoon 2
(Speculation) ~September: Smash 4.5
~November: Super Mario Odyssey
(Speculation) Early December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I bet most of us here want to buy at least half of those. And that's not including the smaller titles. Or the stuff with still unconfirmed release windows, like Fire Emblem Warriors. Or even the rumored games that haven't officially been announced yet, like the wtf factor that is a Mario/Rabbids crossover, or Gamecube Virtual Console, or the ever-coveted worldwide release of Mother 3?

Sure, it may not be the hype bomb some of us thought we'd get, but this is a marathon, not a sprint, and the Switch looks well equipped to go a pretty far distance in its first year.
At least eh games they announce are really good games. I might wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release date and then buy the Nintendo Switch.
So far everything that the particular source that told me about Melee VC/"Smash for Switch" has come true (No Miiverse, no web browser (I directly mentioned it in the SG Discord)). Still waiting to hear about a particular Mii Costume and the games to be confirmed (obviously). The original source on it didn't say anything about analog triggers in particular, and I pointed out when I reported the rumor that I heard the Switch didn't have analog triggers from other sources. You can read that rumor again, here (Use the archive to show that I haven't changed it at all too). That being said, there's still a chance the rumor is wrong, so I suggest taking everything with a grain of salt.

I discussed possible reasons why Smash could've missed the presentation here:
I hope you can help translating those Japanese scripts in a part of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Random thought and completely unrelated to this thread atm, but I never understood why people take a debate about an opinion as = fighting or that someone is upset. Discussion of different views doesn't always mean people are fighting or upset.
Because there are so many people who do have those opinions and state them because they are upset.

It's not everyone, but enough people that many people go to that as the default.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile im just sitting here wondering what moblie game Fire emblem Mobile will play like
and looking at all the avanues i get the feeling we will be seeing something similar to final fanatasy record keeper

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
meanwhile im just sitting here wondering what moblie game Fire emblem Mobile will play like
and looking at all the avanues i get the feeling we will be seeing something similar to final fanatasy record keeper
As mobile games go, I'd be fine with that.

Beats Brave Exvius.

Or KHUX.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know...