• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

They said they have the capability to link purchases to accounts...

Hot damn!

Thoughts on the interview?
I liked it. People like to criticize Reggie for his style on stage, but seeing him do a smaller interview made me realize how down-to-earth he can be. I'd take him to lunch just to chat.

Ivander

Smash Legend

They said they have the capability to link purchases to accounts...

Hot damn!

Thoughts on the interview?
"Will Virtual Console purchases transfer to and from the Switch?"
There's where they mention the linking accounts. If it actually does happen.....like, if the Switch gave you an option to use your existing account that you used for the Wii U and any VC purchases you got from the Wii U are added to the Switch, that'd be pretty dang cool. And frickin' awesome if this included some non-VC titles, like Shovel Knight.
That being said, I hugely doubt that solution will be the case or that easy. It would be awesome if they did something like that for VC, but I do not think it will happen like that.
"Will the Switch offer local multiplayer with just one cartridge?"
At first, I assumed they were talking about multiplayer like Mario Kart's or ARMS multiplayer, where using the one system, you can do split-screen multiplayer(or one-screen mutliplayer in the cases like Bomberman), which there are games that do that. But then Reggie actually brought up the "One Card/Multiple Systems" deal. It's not impossible, as both Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7 allowed this(although to the ones who didn't have the Card, you could only do Shy Guy in a Normal Kart). But if they actually take it to the next level by allowing that for all their games without limiting the card-less players, I'd be frickin' shocked. Could you imagine 8-player Splatoon 2 with only one card?
"What about some of the "forgotten" Nintendo IPs?"
And there, Reggie mentions Mother 3 and Metroid. You can definitely tell that they are aware of the demand and 'want' to do something with them, but whether they actually get them to happen or not is another story(hence the whole, "Let's see what happens this year then you can ask me about them later again"). But on a side note....
Mother 3 - SNES(Virtual Console)
Oh no.:laugh: I can already see the "triggers" happening as I type this.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Continued playing Xenoblade and....

Nopon Volleyball...lol...also HOLY **** RIKI'S QUITE THE LITTLE MEATSHEILD ISN'T HE!?!?!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
N wasn't a bad guy. He just had a really... really bad upbringing.
I suppose, but he still assisted in Team Plasma's actions. Forcing his views on others and the like.

He might be one of my favorite characters from the series though. I feel like Lillie was too much of a "sugary" retread of his dynamic. I didn't care for her as much as most do. Though Lusamine is a tiny bit more interesting than Ghetsis, in that she had some semblance of sympathy to garner from the player.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it

D

Deleted member

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo is ready for a DMCA!!!!!!!!!

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3280/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228584582#post228584582
Yet another romhack
yet another fanhack
yet another future non-existant title.

At least this one released!
downloading it now.

Man I STILL haven't played AM2R. I really really should get to that.
:061:
It's gonna get the DMCA
It's gonna get the DMCA

They'll take everything you enjoy
You won't find any of the metroids...

It's gonna get the DMCA
It's gonna get the DMCA

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
****, top 3 ain't enough. But okay, first 3 that come to mind.

Mega Man X
Tekken 5
MK9
You like action based games with a lot of violence plus like hype moments. Also you haven't enjoyed a Street Fighter game in a long time

1. Kid Icarus Uprising
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Bravely Second

I dont know why im replying to this like. . .seconds before I go to bed when I know I wont get an answer :p
:061:
You love characters who are very memorable and dynamic in their attitudes. Also you love funny dialogue between those characters

Sonic Generations
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Rayman 3
You love colorful platformers with a lot of depth and fanservice. Also a massive sucker for a good artstlye over graphics

Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid 3
Kamiya and Kojima are your heroes and the PS2 was your all-time favorite console ever.

Plus you love games that you replay multiple times to master them perfectly.

Bubsy 3D
Kasumi Ninja
Ride to Hell: Retribution
You can't live without a ****post in your life.

Also the game you forgot to mentioned was Legend of Korra

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Emerald

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
-Undertale
-Team Fortress 2

Judge me, bby
You're very young. Still in high school or in your first/second year of college

You didn't start gaming until 2006 and you're very young.

You like popular PC games and probably post on r/pcmasterrace

Aight, serious answer. Not that these are my top 3, since I don't have a top anything:

Overwatch
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Battlefield 4
You playing high quality multiplayer games and don't play much single player games.

You have fun in various games despite not being good as your peers. Your taste will vary and change in different times

Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons
Bravely Default/Default Second
You like slow paced games with a touch of slice of life.

You loved in immerse yourself into unique worlds and escape into them. You also play them not just for fun but just to get away after a bad day

D

Deleted member

I have a game,

Halo 3
King of Fighters XIII
Fire Emblem PoR/Radiant Dawn(They're more like one experience for me and feel incomplete without each other)

Try making any sense of this. :p But there is a connection...

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Emerald
You're a lot harder to judge but you're a simple man to please and don't ask for much in a game.

You have interesting taste in music and prefer handhelds over consoles but don't mind cobsoles.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You like action based games with a lot of violence plus like hype moments. Also you haven't enjoyed a Street Fighter game in a long time

You love characters who are very memorable and dynamic in their attitudes. Also you love funny dialogue between those characters

You love colorful platformers with a lot of depth and fanservice. Also a massive sucker for a good artstlye over graphics

Kamiya and Kojima are your heroes and the PS2 was your all-time favorite console ever.

Plus you love games that you replay multiple times to master them perfectly.

You can't live without a ****post in your life.

Also the game you forgot to mentioned was Legend of Korra
Close, I haven't played too much street fighter in my time, and I would like to change that. But yeah, I need my flashy action and cool robots and or karate people.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Halo 3
King of Fighters XIII
Fire Emblem PoR/Radiant Dawn(They're more like one experience for me and feel incomplete without each other)

Try making any sense of this. :p But there is a connection...
Alright this one is an actual challenge that's hard for me to stump

For one, green is your favorite color
You're open to try anything different, prefer a serious story and like badass heroes kicking tail.

Also love to take on a challenge

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You're very young. Still in high school or in your first/second year of college

You didn't start gaming until 2006 and you're very young.

You like popular PC games and probably post on r/pcmasterrace
Wrong on every single account. I think its funny you used stereotypes as a comparison. Was that on purpose? ;p

I'm a 4 year grad. I didn't go to college. I started gaming in 1999, and I don't play PC games often. I don't even own Undertale- I have to go to my friend's house to play it on his laptop because I lack internet.

Nice try though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have a game,

Pokemon Platinum
Fire Emblem Fates
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Yeah, two of these picks can be controversial at times.

D

Deleted member

Alright this one is an actual challenge that's hard for me to stump

For one, green is your favorite color
You're open to try anything different, prefer a serious story and like badass heroes kicking tail.

Also love to take on a challenge
I'd say statements are definitely on point. You made great observations.

Though I was wondering my self "why these games?" and then I realized, I listed them all because I have an emotional connection to all of them when it comes to their moments in the story.(Halo 3 for instance ties up the series greatly when at the time that was the end of it.) Because there's a lot of fantastic games out their, but I think that's what separated those three choices from the rest for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pokemon Platinum
Fire Emblem Fates
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Yeah, two of these picks can be controversial at times.
You will enjoy a lot of games with a slight chance of a new experience. You live for the possibility of a unique story in your games. You love a lot types of RPGs but you love simple gameplay with added depth.

Also the DS is your favorite gaming system.

I had no idea!

Mostly cause I don't know what cobsoles are but...
Are you just gonna rag on my bad typos all the time? :ohwell:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You playing high quality multiplayer games and don't play much single player games.

You have fun in various games despite not being good as your peers. Your taste will vary and change in different times
HA! YOU'RE... actually sorta right

I do play single player games, but I definitely don't play them as much as multiplayer. FFXV was probably the first Single Player game I've played 2016, with Pokemon being the second. Although, I did play through Xenoverse 2 solo, but that's in a weird spot. Most of my peers definitely are better than me. But let's be honest, those are some pretty broad predictions.

The one that gets me is the "Your taste will vary and change in different times." It's true, my interests are pretty fluid. I'm just not sure how you got that from two FPS games and Pokemon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have a game,

Very well...

Metroid Prime
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Metroid

Also it seems I have expired...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Resident Evil 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Chrono Cross
I can easily brief with yours since its the one with the least correlation between each game

You like the number 2 and those games must have been something that brought you and a family member close together.

HA! YOU'RE... actually sorta right

I do play single player games, but I definitely don't play them as much as multiplayer. FFXV was probably the first Single Player game I've played 2016, with Pokemon being the second. Although, I did play through Xenoverse 2 solo, but that's in a weird spot. Most of my peers definitely are better than me. But let's be honest, those are some pretty broad predictions.

The one that gets me is the "Your taste will vary and change in different times." It's true, my interests are pretty fluid. I'm just not sure how you got that from two FPS games and Pokemon.
The vary thing goes by the thing that those three games all came out in 2016 and they wouldn't be in this list 8 months ago.

Plus they're a lot more on the casual side of multiplayer games and all of them have a massive strength of its replayability being played with others than yourself.

When you take the system, genres, years the games each came out in, the gameplay features, the speed and how it's structured can easily tell a person specific taste. In certain cases.

You can do that with me as well

• Punch Out Wii
  • Marvel vs Capcom 1
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Now tell me if these words that you first thought of when you saw this:

Speed
Arcade style
Punching people.
Simple gameplay
Colorful characters
Music

Smooth Criminal