• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Very well...

Metroid Prime
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Metroid

Also it seems I have expired...
You love a dark atmosphere with a sense of danger and dread coming your way. A mature story with much more of a serious tone but subtle enough where it isn't edgy or over the top.

Your heroes are silent but effective at what they do, who they are and how they are designed. Plus you like blondes.

And last you like having a characters with collection of weapons and items to progress through a game with to feel like your getting stronger each day.

Alright, sounds fun.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
I can see why you're a One Piece fan.

You love the beauty of the world and what it brings. You like to experience a game with a light tone and effective gameplay.

You enjoy the adventure more so than the characters, story.

It's hard for you to get into games without a lot attention to its color.

You called me simple.

So maybe.

OOOOOHHHH MYSTERYYYYYY
It wasn't a insult. Its more like you enjoy games without having to learn anything crazy new but not something dumbed down.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can easily brief with yours since its the one with the least correlation between each game

You like the number 2 and those games must have been something that brought you and a family member close together.
You're somewhat correct on all of them. Well, save RE2 which I just love most of the Resident Evils. There's more to Double Dash, but ehhh, this is a family site. Heh.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can easily brief with yours since its the one with the least correlation between each game

You like the number 2 and those games must have been something that brought you and a family member close together.

The vary thing goes by the thing that those three games all came out in 2016 and they wouldn't be in this list 8 months ago.

Plus they're a lot more on the casual side of multiplayer games and all of them have a massive strength of its replayability being played with others than yourself.

When you take the system, genres, years the games each came out in, the gameplay features, the speed and how it's structured can easily tell a person specific taste. In certain cases.

You can do that with me as well

• Punch Out Wii
  • Marvel vs Capcom 1
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Now tell me if these words that you first thought of when you saw this:

Speed
Arcade style
Punching people.
Simple gameplay
Colorful characters
Music
I said Battlefield 4. Although, honestly, if I did own Battlefield 1 it'd be on that list, so I guess you're still technically right.

Aight, what if I put in some older games

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Jet Set Radio Future
Forza series

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Excluding the Smash series,

Golden Sun
Banjo-Kazooie
Super Mario RPG
You hate being restricted and love the freedom of a game.

You love a blend of action, adventure, comedy and drama.

You like games influenced from Final Fantasy and Mario. Plus you like finding various secrets the game may hold.

Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner
Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth)
Metal Gear Solid

(Bonus: Sonic 3 and Knuckles)

P.S. good luck, lol

Smooth Criminal
You the type that comes in for the gameplay but stay for the story. You didn't get into Nintendo games until much later in your life and you like a blend of speed and depth.

You may not like the idea but you have taste for an anime-esque style of look, feel and structure of any game. You can easily switch from fantasy to reality in a heartbeat

And you like anything mecha or robot related

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You love a dark atmosphere with a sense of danger and dread coming your way. A mature story with much more of a serious tone but subtle enough where it isn't edgy or over the top.

Your heroes are silent but effective at what they do, who they are and how they are designed. Plus you like blondes.

And last you like having a characters with collection of weapons and items to progress through a game with to feel like your getting stronger each day.
Seems legit...though I would add exploring and adventuring the unknown and slaying giant monsters to that description...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mario Bros 3
Donkey Kong Country 2
Spore
You actually got me here because Spore has very little correlation between the other two and it's more than genre and style.

I could say you're a creative person and like platformers but that isn't enough and too vague.

Damn you actually got me stumped.

I said Battlefield 4. Although, honestly, if I did own Battlefield 1 it'd be on that list, so I guess you're still technically right.

Aight, what if I put in some older games

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Jet Set Radio Future
Forza series
Those older games made it easier.

"Stopping is never an option for you" and you like advanced movement which can also be called back to those other games.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You the type that comes in for the gameplay but stay for the story. You didn't get into Nintendo games until much later in your life and you like a blend of speed and depth.

You may not like the idea but you have taste for an anime-esque style of look, feel and structure of any game. You can easily switch from fantasy to reality in a heartbeat

And you like anything mecha or robot related
Not bad. One little addendum, though: We owned a Nintendo long before we owned a Genesis. Zelda was the very first video game I have memory of playing, and that's probably what got me into the whole shebang to start with (I'll always have a soft spot for Zelda because of this). Super Mario Bros. came shortly after. So, I've always been a Nintendo fan in some capacity. The Genesis did start me down the road to my preferences in gaming today, though, starting with stuff like Sonic the Hedgehog and the ports of Street Fighter (Championship Edition, specifically).

Mecha/robots are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You actually got me here because Spore has very little correlation between the other two and it's more than genre and style.

I could say you're a creative person and like platformers but that isn't enough and too vague.

Damn you actually got me stumped.

Those older games made it easier.

"Stopping is never an option for you" and you like advanced movement which can also be called back to those other games.
Eh, yeah, yeah. I do definitely enjoy games/characters with a lot of movement options. And if they're open enough, I always try to see how long I can keep stringing together those advanced options before going back to normal movement.

Alright, let's try to get you with a doozy

Harvest Moon
SSX 3
Halo 5

I'll be surprised if you can figure out something accurate from that.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
You like action based games with a lot of violence plus like hype moments. Also you haven't enjoyed a Street Fighter game in a long time

You love characters who are very memorable and dynamic in their attitudes. Also you love funny dialogue between those characters

You love colorful platformers with a lot of depth and fanservice. Also a massive sucker for a good artstlye over graphics

Kamiya and Kojima are your heroes and the PS2 was your all-time favorite console ever.

Plus you love games that you replay multiple times to master them perfectly.

You can't live without a ****post in your life.

Also the game you forgot to mentioned was Legend of Korra

Pretty good so far. Why not try another three for funsies?

Shadow of the Colossus
Red Dead Redemption
Nier

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Platinun
....yeah
im still blue boiz

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Eh, yeah, yeah. I do definitely enjoy games/characters with a lot of movement options. And if they're open enough, I always try to see how long I can keep stringing together those advanced options before going back to normal movement.

Alright, let's try to get you with a doozy

Harvest Moon
SSX 3
Halo 5

I'll be surprised if you can figure out something accurate from that.
What may seem mundane, seems much more fun in your eyes.

1. Knuckle Chaotix
2. Banjo Kazooie (Does both count?)
3. Mother 3
You're the ultimate retro gamer. While you like modern games, you will forever find perfection and solace in old school classic that's you're easily familiar with.

You like trippy and unique settings and styles. And you like to go at your own pace

Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Platinun
....yeah
im still blue boiz
Your favorite Pokemon types are Psychic, Dark, Water and Grass

Champ Gold Champ Gold

Quest 64
Sonic Battle
Super Smash Bros. Melee

What ye got? Yes, the last one was really hard to choose. >.>
You like games that are different from the norm

You like to stand out in your ideas of gaming and find fun in even the most mundane experiences

-Xenoblade Chronicles
-Super Castlevania IV
-Pokémon Platinum
You like the European style each game brings and you don't even think about it.

Your most memorable games always stay with you because of the soundtrack, you love to go out of your comfort zone and you like to take the long road rather than the easy way for a different experience.

Pretty good so far. Why not try another three for funsies?

Shadow of the Colossus
Red Dead Redemption
Nier
Despite the imperfections, you can always see the beauty in what games have to offer.

You like the big scope and feel of game. Pplus the open world brings you in to something you though you wouldn't enjoy but you did

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a game,

Give me your 3 favorite video games and let me judge your gaming personality and taste from it
HyperDimension Neptunia
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

EDIT: This was kinda difficult, as there are plenty of games I like.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Champ Gold Champ Gold

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Bioshock
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
You love the various different paths you an take in a game.

The choices are favourable conditions for you and you have a soft side for the children.

Also you like fighting with characters in robotic suits.

Tough one.

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Castlevania 4
Platformer is a favourable specialty that you can't help but enjoy. You like to test your self to see how fast you can beat a game and spend time trying to figure out the best way to do so.

Also you like having extra options and movesets in a platformer

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
What may seem mundane, seems much more fun in your eyes.

You're the ultimate retro gamer. While you like modern games, you will forever find perfection and solace in old school classic that's you're easily familiar with.

You like trippy and unique settings and styles. And you like to go at your own pace

Your favorite Pokemon types are Psychic, Dark, Water and Grass

You like games that are different from the norm

You like to stand out in your ideas of gaming and find fun in even the most mundane experiences

You like the European style each game brings and you don't even think about it.

Your most memorable games always stay with you because of the soundtrack, you love to go out of your comfort zone and you like to take the long road rather than the easy way for a different experience.

Despite the imperfections, you can always see the beauty in what games have to offer.

You like the big scope and feel of game. Pplus the open world brings you in to something you though you wouldn't enjoy but you did
Pretty on point once again there. Final set of three for the money.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Old Door

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You will enjoy a lot of games with a slight chance of a new experience. You live for the possibility of a unique story in your games. You love a lot types of RPGs but you love simple gameplay with added depth.

Also the DS is your favorite gaming system.
Yep, you're pretty spot on! You even guessed my favorite gaming console right!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HyperDimension Neptunia
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

EDIT: This was kinda difficult, as there are plenty of games I like.
Anime is something that you truly love and it needs a certain style to appeal to your style.

You like having a multiple cast to have fun with and the dialogue they share. Also you might invite misery but you don't know it.

How abot another for ****s and giggles Champ Gold Champ Gold
Persona 4
Persona 5
Professor Layton
You like a good mystery and music is your first and last love.

Last premium day for me.

Only three? This is not going to be easy:
- Pokemon Moon
- Jak 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight
You love the night time setting. You like having various different options in your arsenal and you like funny banter between the cast.

Pretty on point once again there. Final set of three for the money.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Old Door
You love the creativity and story these games bring.

And you really love swords. Especially buff guys with swords.

You're a fan of Beserek aren't you?.

I could understand Harvest Moon, but what's mundane about SSX 3 and Halo 5?
Those games were kinda boring IMO.

I prefer Halo 2 And SSX Tricky/On Tour.

How did you come to that conclusion?
You were right on Water but the others are not even close.
When your favorite games are almost similar, it truly messes me up. Like, there's nothi by to go off except that Pokemon is your bread and butter

****!

It's like you're in my mind.
Let me guess you play Tron. Because I saw that combination really good.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was just playing a random Pokemon Showdown match and I got a Serene Grace Togekiss on my team. I flinched some poor guy 6 times in a row, then he finally got a Toxic off and it missed.

He was super salty in the chat, but it was pretty funny.

D

Deleted member

When your favorite games are almost similar, it truly messes me up. Like, there's nothi by to go off except that Pokemon is your bread and butter
Ah, I see. If that's the case then...
-Pokemon Sun
-Shovel Knight
-Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS (I like both versions equally)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone know anything about computers? Because I got some questions about my new computer and it's constant need to randomly restart. I've had it since late November and I just...I don't understand.

I know it can't possibly be overheating or overexhausted or overworked because it has 12gb and when this happens? It's often only with Firefox open on to pages like this one/Tumblr/Chat rooms.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Anime is something that you truly love and it needs a certain style to appeal to your style.

You like having a multiple cast to have fun with and the dialogue they share. Also you might invite misery but you don't know it.

You like a good mystery and music is your first and last love.

You love the night time setting. You like having various different options in your arsenal and you like funny banter between the cast.

You love the creativity and story these games bring.

And you really love swords. Especially buff guys with swords.

You're a fan of Beserek aren't you?.

Those games were kinda boring IMO.

I prefer Halo 2 And SSX Tricky/On Tour.

Let me guess you play Tron. Because I saw that combination really good.
Ayyy. Not bad again. I do plan on getting into Beserk at somepoint.

D

Deleted member

Good job! Glad to hear my art gave you the idea.

Funnily enough, I was inspired by StudioPEP's recent drawings when I made my Odyssey fanart. Mario can be a bit hard to draw at times (it's the head), but seeing StudioPEP's art inspired me to keep trying. My Peach drawing from a couple days ago
was also the result of that.
Yeah, Mario's head is pretty hard to get right. I often tend to sketch the head a lot with mixed results. Given I haven't drawn the entire body much as of lately, I'd even say it's just as hard as the face. As for Peach, I only drew her once in early 2013 and didn't create another drawing for whatever reason. Lol.

Also, I've changed how Mario's face looks. It's now closer to the most recent 2D artworks, such as this.

I have a game,

It's very difficult to determine what are my favorite games, so let's see some of what I've enjoyed the most instead.

- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom