• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, Id count him as a viliain seeing how he was the very final boxer you had to best befor winning

He was a final boss
Villains are people who do bad things.

Only villain in Punch Out!! is Aran Ryan.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oooooh.

Does RE7 have, like, zombies or anything from Resodent Evil?
There are infections and creatures, yes, but the main villains seem to be the family you're trapped with.

There's also the Umbrella Corporation showing up and a guy calls himself Redfield in the ending but doesn't look like the Chris Redfield we know.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King Hippo is an agent of mother brain. That's pretty villainous

D

Deleted member

Motivation or how they're portrayed.

Not complete realism, that would make for a boring list.
Ah, I see. The villains motivation. Well, everyone on this list is either going to be from pokemon or FE because most Nintendo games hardly have a story at all. Even something like Metroid is definitely more so for the experience and atmosphere.(And the one time it was primarily story driven and had unstoppable cutscenes...) It doesn't really rely on story at all, and that's fine, because the series doesn't need much focus there.

Not to say that there aren't any other Nintendo games with story, I know there's games like Xenoblade, Zelda, Kid Icuras: Uprising, Earthbound etc. But I haven't really played them. Anyway, I think I really only have a few on my mind anyway.
Colress: I guess? He's somewhat treated as a villain officially, but I don't even know if I'd count him that much of a villain. Colress's motivation is realistic to me, as he's basically just a researcher that might go a bit too far in researching. But he never really does anything bad other than teaming up with team plasma, but his actions don't dictate him as antagonistic by any means. Other than maybe just allowing team plasma to do what they do, I guess. He's here because I guess some people count him as a villain(for some reason) and I need filler because most of pokemons villains are pretty shallow and I don't want to fill this list up with FE.

Ashnard: He may seem like your "evil because evil" FE bad guy, but he does have an actual Ideology that people actually believe it. And that being that people shouldn't be born into power and wealth, they should earn it. Of course he takes this to the extreme, which is what makes him a villain but still. He himself, although born royalty, wasn't going to be King, he got where he is on his own merits, which he developed this ideology in his mind. In his mind he's doing what is right and destroying the snobby, self righteous, rich class.(Who are also Villains in the Tellius series.)

Guzma: People pretty much already beat me to this, unfortunately, I just put this here because I agree, probably the best leader especially in this sense.

Lyon: What Shishoe said, you guys should stop taking my ideas. :p But basically the demon king took advantage of his emotions and desperation, to add on to what he said.

Sephirian: Yeah, yeah, I know. I've been mentioning this character along with others a bit recently, but hear me out. I can't really do this character justice by just typing this, you'd have to play the game to fully understand his motivations, otherwise I'd have to explain A LOT. But basically he wants to reset the world(destroying the current one and creating a new one) because it's filled with so much terrible things. Including so much violence and bigotry. Well, that's the basic summary of it anyway, But to me that's just something I can relate to. Because some days I just feel like this world is full of so much pointless conflict and hatred that could all be easily avoided, but isn't due to how people think and judge each other. The "we could've done a lot better than this" sort of feeling. This itself I can go into a lot more depth, but I don't want to make this too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Look buddy, I'm not one to judge people but when you start making your daughter dress like some jellyfish from another dimension because you read some hentai that turned you on really hard and you'll start the apocalyose just so you can try out the real deal(that'll end up giving you a bunch of interdimensional diseases, side effects and murderous tendencies), you're a crazy ***** in my book.
STAHP!

YOU'RE MAKING ME LOVE HER MORE~~~♡

My kokoro is about to go into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
King Dedede and Bowser are probably not the most villainous individuals Nintendo has to offer, but to me that's what makes them so realistic.

Villains as media typically portray them so randomly exist in reality. Often not they're just people who are trying to achieve a simple goal but going about it the extremely wrong way.

So Dedede with his selfishness that combats Kirby's, and Bowser's with his need for power and to be loved is very realistic to me. Especially when you look at the layers they have once you pull away from their ''plans" and actions in games.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I finally linked my account to Squidboards.

I wonder how long the whole approval process there takes? It looks pretty quiet there, but hopefully Splatoon 2 will perk it up a bit.

D

Deleted member

I think Tyson and his ear biting makes him technically a villain by default. :p

D

Deleted member

Villains are my favorite type of characters in media because of the ways you can handle them: a show can make you either really hate them(and make you LOVE hating them) and make the hero's beatdown all the more satisfying or make you feel sorry or even relate to them in some way, sometimes even getting to Rooting for the Empire, or just balance between the two with something like a Noble Demon. You can't just make a hateable good guy but you can make a likeable villain.
Hell, I know Kira is a terrible person, being a serial killer and all that, but his desire for a quiet life hit a little too close to home
STAHP!

YOU'RE MAKING ME LOVE HER MORE~~~♡

My kokoro is about to go into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
Hope it's not going doki doki again like last time because that was weird

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Villains are my favorite type of characters in media because of the ways you can handle them: a show can make you either really hate them(and make you LOVE hating them) and make the hero's beatdown all the more satisfying or make you feel sorry or even relate to them in some way, sometimes even getting to Rooting for the Empire, or just balance between the two with something like a Noble Demon. You can't just make a hateable good guy but you can make a likeable villain.
Hell, I know Kira is a terrible person, being a serial killer and all that, but his desire for a quiet life hit a little too close to home

Hope it's not going doki doki again like last time because that was weird
Oh it's going doki doki. And I'm loving every second of it~♡

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For serious, though. Meta Knight is the most realistic villain

All he wanted was Dreamland to get off their lazy butts and do something productive.

Especially that fat **** of a king who does nothing but steals others food and causes Doomsday because of it.y

Dreamland is a really screwed up place when you think about it

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

They said they have the capability to link purchases to accounts...

Hot damn!

Thoughts on the interview?

D

Deleted member

Oh it's going doki doki. And I'm loving every second of it~♡
Well, they say it's good to have someone to dedicate your kokoro to, though I think it would be better if you put it into someone real.
Because when it's going doki doki, there'll be someone at your side to calm it down or make it go doki doki faster

D

Deleted member

Villains are usually my favorite type of characters in media because of the ways you can handle them: a show can make you either really hate them(and make you LOVE hating them) and make the hero's beatdown all the more satisfying or make you feel sorry or even relate to them in some way, sometimes even getting to Rooting for the Empire, or just balance between the two with something like a Noble Demon
Yeah, on the merits of creativity alone there's A LOT more you can do with a villain than with a hero.

Part of this is probably people usually want a protagonist to fit their ideals and expectations. With a Villain, however, you're a allowed to have the character to be so much more fun and expressive because the audience doesn't expect the Villain to be a moral role model.

Not to say that there aren't plenty of interesting protagonists, in fact a good protagonists has struggles to overcome. I'm just saying this partly why the protagonist is usually just a generic good guy that rarely does much harm except when the plot really needs them to do so or just a blank slate that you're suppose to fill yourself in.(Both literally and figuratively. Link/*Pokemon Trainer* are literal examples, Indiana Jones/Master Chief are figurative examples.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess if we're talking villain motivations, Ganon in Wind Waker did give him some reasoning for doing what he did rather than just wanting to rule because he was strong enough to do so, or that it was his destiny. In that he wanted a better place for the Gerudo and his followers to live in, and wanted to take Hyrule for it.

Also, N from Pokemon Black/White had good intentions, but was certainly not a hero, but I suppose that depends on how much you see him as a bad guy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, they say it's good to have someone to dedicate your kokoro to, though I think it would be better if you put it into someone real.
Because when it's going doki doki, there'll be someone at your side to calm it down or make it go doki doki faster
Im sorry, I dont speek weeb, Speak english please

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess if we're talking villain motivations, Ganon in Wind Waker did give him some reasoning for doing what he did rather than just wanting to rule because he was strong enough to do so, or that it was his destiny. In that he wanted a better place for the Gerudo and his followers to live in, and wanted to take Hyrule for it.

Also, N from Pokemon Black/White had good intentions, but was certainly not a hero, but I suppose that depends on how much you see him as a bad guy.
N wasn't a bad guy. He just had a really... really bad upbringing.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

They said they have the capability to link purchases to accounts...

Hot damn!

Thoughts on the interview?
I'm still super bothered by the lack of voice/group chat features on the console itself. The bulky gamer headset part doesn't help much either. The smartphone app is a good idea, but there still should be something on the console itself. There are people who don't have smartphones, or, their smartphone might not be supported (I don't think they mentioned anything for Windows Phone). The smartphone app should be an extra/alternative, not a necessity.

It's okay. 2D fulfills my needs.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Looks like Kurri ★ Kurri ★ finally dropped Maki as his waifu for Lusamine.

Atleast he understands that Maki is the third best of Love Live

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Looks like Kurri ★ Kurri ★ finally dropped Maki as his waifu for Lusamine.

Atleast he understands that Maki is the third best of Love Live
>He
>Implying I dropped Maki

Nah, I'm still keeping Maki, she's sorta my brand (until I finally get my skills in art up to an acceptable level to brand myself differently)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, on the merits of creativity alone there's A LOT more you can do with a villain than with a hero.

Part of this is probably people usually want a protagonist to fit their ideals and expectations. With a Villain, however, you're a allowed to have the character to be so much more fun and expressive because the audience doesn't expect the Villain to be a moral role model.

Not to say that there aren't plenty of interesting protagonists, in fact a good protagonists has struggles to overcome. I'm just saying this partly why the protagonist is usually just a generic good guy that rarely does much harm except when the plot really needs them to do so or just a blank slate that you're suppose to fill yourself in.(Both literally and figuratively. Link/*Pokemon Trainer* are literal examples, Indiana Jones/Master Chief are figurative examples.)
I like when protagonists, or just good guys in general, are given traditionally "villain traits"
Like a Combat Pragmatist or someone with no problems with killing their enemies. Or in the case of powers, the Master of Illusion who is usually a manipualtive villain.
Do I have time for more Jojo or BSD examples as an excuse for praising them? No? Alright
Im sorry, I dont speek weeb, Speak english please
This reminds me of Danganronpa Abridged
But I'm sorry if you're not fluent in weeb, "professor"

My premium expired an hour and a half ago.
My name is still blue.
I am confused.

But not as confused by the nonsense you uber-weebs* are up to.

*Like 8 level of weebs above me and my avatar.
:061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In my rpg one character uses blood magic. Should the cost be a % of health or just a static number?

D

Deleted member

I like when protagonists, or just good guys in general, are given traditionally "villain traits"
Like a Combat Pragmatist or someone with no problems with killing their enemies. Or in the case of powers, the Master of Illusion who is usually a manipualtive villain.
Do I have time for more Jojo or BSD examples as an excuse for praising them? No? Alright
Oh yes, I completely agree. Just having villains with relateable and positive traits is also a good thing. Or just having traits that are traditionally given to good guys. I.E. vigilante, apprentice, underdog. etc.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
prem.png

It's clear that I'm stuck in some sort of premium limbo right now. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom