• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There isnt enough Han Solo love in this thread. **** your droids, he did the kessel run in 12 parsecs AND he shot first.
:061:
It's because it's impossible to bring up Han without something really controversial....

Chrono.

Yeah, tell me about it. Only 2/10 Nightraid members survive in the anime (Akame and Najinda, of course).

Chrono. Chrono. Who all is still alive by the end of the Akame Ga Kill manga?
Akame, Najenda, Tatsumi, Mine, Wave and Kurome.

And some other minor guys I can't really remember.

Leonne dies at literally that same chapter, almost in the exact same way she dies in the anime.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to know my point until I was agreeing with my own sarcasm

Now I don't know what reality is

D

Deleted member

Yes, but characters don't need to either be exclusive to looking cool and being vacuous or being lame but with depth. The franchise has several that do both well. Grievous is hardly the first who imo doesn't, but I don't much care for ones like Boba Fett or Darth Maul either. They look cool... but that's about it.

I'm aware of what Star Wars' priorities are... but again, that doesn't preclude the ability of making your aesthetically "cool" characters actual characters instead of coming up with a design and then tacking on more too them down the line when you wish to market them further.

Is that not similar to the creation process of Nintendo's people like to gush about where they come up with the mechanics and the gameplay first (aka the important stuff), then worry about aesthetic design later? I just don't believe movies and video games are mediums where the aesthetic should be the first priority.
But what's even wrong with people liking a character for its aesthetics? I never here anyone complain whenever someone mentions R2-D2 or C3-PO as their favorite character.(People like them purely for athestic unless you want to argue that R2-D2 has such a rich backstory.) But as soon as someone mentions someone like Bobba, Grevious, or Maul people go onto this whiny predictable rant on how they don't have much depth as characters.

I mean, it's not like any of those characters play HUGE roles in the films when it comes to the depth of it. They usually just serve a single role to move the plot along.(Besides Maul who had reason to be developed more.) They could've easily just have been random general and dude who delivers Han Solo. I mean, that's really all they are in the movies, I don't see why it's so bad to make them cool even with a small purpose.

You only have so much time to fill in a movie dude, not every character is going to be even focused on especially in movies like Star Wars with so many. In the movie with could've easily gotten a character like some random neimoidian commander for Obi Wan to chase down instead, and while technically, it wouldn't change the plot at all and the character would have much depth in terms of the plot, no one would give a ****. Because they wouldn't have provided a unique villain even with such a small role. Sometimes in a movie you do need a character with just an intimidating/interesting design, especially when you only have so much time. YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO MAKE EVERY CHARACTER A FULL CHARACTER in a movie, at most you can do that in a book or a movie. People love grevious for the same reason people would love and remember something as Jabba the Hutt.(Who was also a secondary villain with little focus other than basically being a ganglord space pimp. I'd say he has more of a role similar to Jabba than Boba since Boba is hardly more than a background character. It's kind of like questioning why people love the T-Rex from any of the jurassic park movies. Grievous plays the role of a threat rather than a character, he's not suppose to have depth, if he had depth in Revenge of the Sith it'd make little since because outside of Kenobi's encounters with him, he as a character has no influence in the plot. Again, he's more like a force that one of the main, focused characters has to overcome.

Things such as the novels detailing him as a character, which shows that he clearly has potential as a full on character. Which is why his design is important, it actually plays into his backstory. But in the RoS, he wasn't suppose to be in an in-depth character, so complaining about that makes you look pretty ignorant.

Also, your point makes little sense, if you were talking about whole films, then yeah, but you're complaining about minor characters being aesthetically pleasing.(Besides Maul who has a lot of reason to have more depth than he does in the film.) And they have more depth that people do love anyway, it's just not presented in the movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So i'm looking at a Classlist for one of my classes this semester and i'm one out of 7 people registered for the class. :confused:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So i'm looking at a Classlist for one of my classes this semester and i'm one out of 7 people registered for the class. :confused:
It's usually better to be apart of a smaller class...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I got some new Pokes and I'm curious as to what you think about their natures.

Adamant Crabrawler
Jolly Bonsly
Jolly Fearow
Jolly Alolan Sandshrew

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I got some new Pokes and I'm curious as to what you think about their natures.

Adamant Crabrawler
Jolly Bonsly
Jolly Fearow
Jolly Alolan Sandshrew
Jolly is horrible on Sudowoodo

I have a jolly Sandslash, it works pretty good.

Fearow ...I guess it's good. Or, at least good on the standards of Fearow

D

Deleted member

Really?

Looking it up, it's the recommended nature.
Jolly is horrible on it besides one set which is the suicide set.(Which is pretty much be a stealth rock lead knowing that its definitely going down easily, putting all of its efforts into speed and attack.)

But besides that, you definitely want Adamant/Impish.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jolly is horrible on it besides one set which is the suicide set.(Which is pretty much be a stealth rock lead knowing that its definitely going down easily, putting all of its efforts into speed and attack.)

But besides that, you definitely want Adamant/Impish.
Okay. What about the others?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's usually better to be apart of a smaller class...
True I guess. Especially since there's going to be less people talking in class which I really hate.
idk where he goes but I know for my college, if the enrollment is very low, the class is Canceled
Maybe it's a thing with US Colleges?

My class better not be cut though. Those people will regret the day they incurred Ura's wrath if they did.

D

Deleted member

Okay. What about the others?
Just anything that boosts attack/defense is preferred, and besides special attack, special defense and speed are also fine since it's not going to be surviving any special attacks and it's incredibly slow.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just anything that boosts attack/defense is preferred, and besides special attack, special defense and speed are also fine since it's not going to be surviving any special attacks and it's incredibly slow.
I meant the other Pokemon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Adamant Crabrawler
Jolly Bonsly
Jolly Fearow
Jolly Alolan Sandshrew
Adamant Crabrawler-Good
Jolly Bonsly-meh, Sudowoodo is slow so it doesn't benefit much from a Speed boosting nature
Jolly Fearow-decent
Jolly Alolan Sandshrew-similar to Bonsly...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adamant Crabrawler-Good
Jolly Bonsly-meh, Sudowoodo is slow so it doesn't benefit much from a Speed boosting nature
Jolly Fearow-decent
Jolly Alolan Sandshrew-similar to Bonsly...
Disagree with you

Jolly + Slush Rush if you have hail

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So.

Unsure about Nate or Calem just yet.
Nate/Rosa is a weird case, because I don't think it would fit to have them specialize in just Gen 5 Pokemon, given the nature of B2W2.
It would be quite hard to choose which Pokemon they should have, B2W2 had quite a lot available, if I remember correctly.

For Calem/Serena though, I'd probably do this:
Greninja
Aegislash
Sylveon
Hawlucha
Goodra
Mega Charizard X

Or something like that.

D

Deleted member

I meant the other Pokemon.
Adamant Crabrawler is perfect as is Fearrow.(You won't find any better natures for them.)

Jolly Alola Sandlash works especially because of its ability. Though even without the ability Sandslash in general prefers jolly because it needs to outpace pokemon of its speed tier, even though its slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sandslash also prefers heavy balls to any type of balls

Sandslash doesn't do love balls

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I just remembered the Super Effective exploit

Pokemon in RBY will use a move that's super effective against you, even if it deals no damage

So, Lance's dragonair for example, will ONLY use Agility against a poison type. Becuase it notices that psychic moves are SE against Poison types

So, a low level zubat with toxic, for example, can take it without effort

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hold on guys were talking about the best starwars character? then we must be talking about this guy right here

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I-I thought SilvaGunner was done?

Knew this video would be a meme, but... not this
I think the major thing is how advanced ****posting has gotten

Like straight up net level stuff. Even when it looks like Silva looks dull and has jumped the shark, he goes an changes the meta

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man... looking at the King K. Rool Mii Costume 1 and a half years later... It feels so weird.

I still go by the theory that this Mii Costume uses assets from an actual model of K. Rool that they would of used for the game had he been implemented as a fighter. Maybe we'll end up seeing these assets come to life for the Switch port/new game?

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
I still go by the theory that this Mii Costume uses assets from an actual model of K. Rool that they would of used for the game had he been implemented as a fighter.
what makes you think this? the models for plenty of other Mii costumes are just as detailed

D

Deleted member

I came back to drawing after having not done anything for almost a month. I kind of felt rusty, so I tried sketching various characters and things first to quickly get my skill back. Then, I thought about doing something fresh and new I didn't draw until now, and this happened... a full-scale Inkling image.

Well, there it is.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
what makes you think this? the models for plenty of other Mii costumes are just as detailed
It was more-so a theory at the time since DLC ended almost a year ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if that still held true today regardless of other Mii Costumes having just as good detail.

What would also not surprise me is if some assets of the Mii costumes were taken from the characters themselves, like for Link. That appears to be a re-occuring trend as is, as most Mii costumes based off of characters likely use assets that might be associated with an existing model.

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
It was more-so a theory at the time since DLC ended almost a year ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if that still held true today regardless of other Mii Costumes having just as good detail.

What would also not surprise me is if some assets of the Mii costumes were taken from the characters themselves, like for Link. That appears to be a re-occuring trend as is, as most Mii costumes based off of characters likely use assets that might be associated with an existing model.
I think that's for consistencies sake......and also so that they can easily reuse existing assets.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I think that's for consistencies sake......and also so that they can easily reuse existing assets.
You make a point with consistency; it does put less strain on the developers if they have a quick option like that.

Either way, if K. Rool were added to the game, I can very heavily bet on assets from the Mii costume inspiring the design for the character himself, either directly or indirectly. And I'm honestly hoping its the former, but that's just me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They took the geno assets from the character himself

D

Deleted member

K. Rool wasn't the only character whose Mii costume wasn't built from existing assets. Off the top of my head, there's Geno (who never even had a 3D model prior), Lloyd, Gil, and probably others I'm not thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom