• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, I'm calling this my final version

I did minor changes all day. So I just need to call it.

I added my favorite pokemon from gen 1 to the side

Edit:

I LIED

Pokemon_Final03.jpg

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought of 2 more pokemon. Crimeanie and Portobully. They're rock/dark type and based off crimini and portobello mushrooms.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, guys! We all know the answer is Jar Jar Binks!

SorryNotSorry
I legit like the character, so...

I wouldn't call those one note weapons a "character."
They're characters when I play as 'em~ That said, I do wish they had some personality. Like the other Droids do... even if they feel kind of small.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Actually they will be pure rock type as not everything needs to be a dual type... nor shoukd

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
MGS2 speedrun....

chat is full of !

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know how Ash always travels with companions, and you know how VGC's official format is doubles

I have an idea for a pokemon game that might be to different

How about a partner you travel around with and can customize their team, and the game focuses more on double battles. With your team changed to only 4 pokemon, but having "up to 8" in double battles with your partner

D

Deleted member

I forgot Lucas or Dawn didn't appear.
And I legit thought that was Nate at the end of Generations.

But, no.
Dragonite is there to represent the dratini with extreme speed from the dragon master. It makes more sense than T-Tar on him.
Dragonite is already Lance's signature Pokemon and a Gen 1 Pokemon
Ethan should represent Gen 2 and Tyranitar is the pseudo legendary with while also being only avaible in the last area of those games
Beep Boop mofos.

I'm now the best Star Wars character.
That's a weird picture of General Grievous

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know how Ash always travels with companions, and you know how VGC's official format is doubles

I have an idea for a pokemon game that might be to different

How about a partner you travel around with and can customize their team, and the game focuses more on double battles. With your team changed to only 4 pokemon, but having "up to 8" in double battles with your partner
I had that idea to be potentially part of my game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You all misspelled Boba Fett

It's spelled B O B A SPACE F E T T

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
General Greivous was an awesome character in concept

But his portrayal in most sources wasn't that good

In the original clone war cartoon he was badass

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But they were awesome toys.
Well, yeah, I should hope so, right? If you're there for that job you better do it well. I guess I'll just wait for an even spikier guy who wields six lightsabers to usurp the silver. ;D

Maybe I'm old fashioned but my favourite movie characters are generally the ones that have character. xD

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Grievous in clone war cartoon: OP as hell.
Grievous in SWIII: Jobbed to Obi Wan.

Still it has a great design tho.

Chrono.

Welp, the Akame ga Kill manga ended.

Prime Miniister dies in a really gruesome manner, Mine was pregnant with Tatsumi's child and it's implied they had even more kids so Mine ****ed a dragon and everyone else gets a happy ending.

Overall a better ending than what I expected.

D

Deleted member

lol Grievous. That dude was created to sell toys.
You say this about a franchise that's always lived big off selling toys since a new hope and is omnipresent in merchandising today. :p

I have no idea why people think they're making a point when they say "it was made to sell toys".

Grievous for instance had a very detailed history of his own and had much potential for a character, but he ended up having very little character in the film whatsoever.(Though that's to be expected considering the focus isn't on him in the third movie.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, yeah, I should hope so, right? If you're there for that job you better do it well. I guess I'll just wait for an even spikier guy who wields six lightsabers to usurp the silver. ;D

Maybe I'm old fashioned but my favourite movie characters are generally the ones that have character. xD
Yeah, that's a little too old fashioned for me

It's all about how much bang for your buck a character can give you

Don't have the time to sit around and listen to someone talking or showing emotion, bleh

Bam, I've got 4 lightsabers and a cybernetic body. That's where the bang is

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
lol Grievous. That dude was created to sell toys.
I remember watching a featurette on a dvd going over Grievous' creation.

I swear I remember something about George Lucas just wanting another CGI character. I could be wrong on that, been awhile since I watched the mini documentary/special feature.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Drew a character I haven't really drawn all that much.
Princess Peach.png
May possibly do the other Mario Princesses sometime.

Shading is hard.

D

Deleted member

Prime Miniister dies in a really gruesome manner, Mine was pregnant with Tatsumi's child and it's implied they had even more kids so Mine ****ed a dragon and everyone else gets a happy ending.

Hadn't it already ended?
But that reminds me I should finish the 15 or so chapters I still have to because damn if the anime's ending wasn't disappointing as hell

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
First day of the term was cancelled due to snow.

Neat.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Wow.

That is the EXACT opposite of the anime.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is my very first Star Wars debate on the internet. I've finally made it, lmao. :laugh:

You say this about a franchise that's always lived big off selling toys since a new hope and is omnipresent in merchandising today. :p

I have no idea why people think they're making a point when they say "it was made to sell toys".

Grievous for instance had a very detailed history of his own and had much potential for a character, but he ended up having very little character in the film whatsoever.(Though that's to be expected considering the focus isn't on him in the third movie.)
Yes, but characters don't need to either be exclusive to looking cool and being vacuous or being lame but with depth. The franchise has several that do both well. Grievous is hardly the first who imo doesn't, but I don't much care for ones like Boba Fett or Darth Maul either. They look cool... but that's about it.

I'm aware of what Star Wars' priorities are... but again, that doesn't preclude the ability of making your aesthetically "cool" characters actual characters instead of coming up with a design and then tacking on more too them down the line when you wish to market them further.

Is that not similar to the creation process of Nintendo's people like to gush about where they come up with the mechanics and the gameplay first (aka the important stuff), then worry about aesthetic design later? I just don't believe movies and video games are mediums where the aesthetic should be the first priority.

Yeah, that's a little too old fashioned for me

It's all about how much bang for your buck a character can give you

Don't have the time to sit around and listen to someone talking or showing emotion, bleh

Bam, I've got 4 lightsabers and a cybernetic body. That's where the bang is
Wait, are you agreeing with the point you're being sarcastic about?

I remember watching a featurette on a dvd going over Grievous' creation.

I swear I remember something about George Lucas just wanting another CGI character. I could be wrong on that, been awhile since I watched the mini documentary/special feature.
I really have no idea. All I know of Grievous is from the one movie he was in. Which, I wager, is how familiar the general person is with him.

But if that is the case, it's pretty much what I going on about. Wanting to play around with your computer generated imagery is a weird jumping off point, and a lot of why the prequels were style over substance... of which Grievous is def guilty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom