• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you people are missing his point.

Like big time.

Call off the dogs.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well then in that case it's one of these.
Like mentioned before, Miss Martian probably won't be on of them, she's intimate with Superboy.

Artemis, I'm not so sure about tbh. As for the rest, I can see it.

Edit: Lol nvm, almost all of the ones you circled have made out with another male member of the Young Justice team. I have no clue tbh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then mentally edit my post to say "explain why two girls kissing on each other actually isn't gay" and it'd mean the same thing.
As the rules of homosexuality so clearly describe, if the phrase "no homo" is said by either participating party during or after the event, it cannot be considered gay.
However, as the sentence "no homo" wasn't said by neither of them, it is, infact, gay.
/s
I think you people are missing his point.

Like big time.

Call off the dogs.
I agree, dogs aren't enough, release the bear

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It's the Martian lady. Megan. Whatever her name is. I can feel it.

Just because there's a breeding population doesn't make a species no longer endangered.
Considering Pokemon have egg groups and can breed with other Pokemon in those egg groups it doesn't make sense how one can become endangered much less extinct. Unless they are being killed faster then they can be bred. Though Pokemon Moon's data entry for one of those Pokemon Lapras says they were nearly extinct but are now thriving (ORAS had the Dex entry saying they were at that point of near extinction). They shouldn't in theory have trouble with endangered Pokemon if they happen to get that far because of egg groups and ditto.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Considering Pokemon have egg groups and can breed with other Pokemon in those egg groups it doesn't make sense how one can become endangered much less extinct. Unless they are being killed faster then they can be bred. Though Pokemon Moon's data entry for one of those Pokemon Lapras says they were nearly extinct but are now thriving (ORAS had the Dex entry saying they were at that point of near extinction). They shouldn't in theory have trouble with endangered Pokemon if they happen to get that far because of egg groups and ditto.
The idea they're being killed faster than they can breed is a logically necessary one in order for something to be going extinct.

D

Deleted member

It's possible that:
A) Different species don't breed in the wild.
B) The Pokedex only takes into account wild Pokemon, and thus Trainers' Pokemin aren't considered unless released in the wild.
C) Females are the majority dying and wild males don't breed with Dittos or don't live in the same area
Are you looking for someone to die, son?
Is that rhetorical, mom?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Log Horizon trying to make this likely-around-his-twenties cat guy with a likely-only-14-years-old girl pairing a thing? Because I don't know which side is more wrong: is it the guy hooking up with a kid or is it the furry girl? Prolly the furry one

So, a gay character whose sexuality isn't the main focus of their character is "forced"?
I didn't say Ellie is forced (I think she's a great character in general FYI, one of the best female characters in fiction IMO...plus she's kinda one of the main characters, like "on the front of the box" main character, she can't be forced). I just think her being gay is forced and tacked on, and flat out contradicts moments from the main game. Not only that, but if they went with the ambiguity route, they actually could have had a much more touching message that is more in line with themes established in the main game (i.e. many of societies arbitrary values are actually quite meaningless when humanity is forced to live in much more raw conditions, including requiring labels to justify love for another). Plus, if it was more ambiguous, people who wanted them to actually be gay interpret as such if they wanted anyway.

Also just in general, TLoU is mainly about the father-daughter relationship between Joel and Ellie. Neither of their sexualities need to be touched upon (though we can assume Joel is straight for reasons that are obvious if you know anything about the beginning of the game, though it doesn't seem like he cares about romance and sex after that). They can do that with other characters (they did it much better with Bill, the other gay character, in the main game), but it felt really tacked on and poorly developed with Ellie. And it slightly cheapened the relationship Riley and Ellie had.

I agree, dogs aren't enough, release the bear
Grizzly Bear Joel is dead though, don't you know? :V

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The idea they're being killed faster than they can breed is a logically necessary one in order for something to be going extinct.
I know but in Pokemon it should in theory be harder for that to happen
It's possible that:
A) Different species don't breed in the wild.
B) The Pokedex only takes into account wild Pokemon, and thus Trainers' Pokemin aren't considered unless released in the wild.
C) Females are the majority dying and wild males don't breed with Dittos or don't live in the same area
These would be the only reasonable explanation for it. It's too vague on what they count and what's not counted into the equation

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt dittos are randomly breeding with random pokemon in the wild

D

Deleted member

Just make sure you clean up after, I dont want blood in the house again
Fine! But it wasn't my fault last time!
I didn't say Ellie is forced (I think she's a great character in general FYI, one of the best female characters in fiction IMO...plus she's kinda one of the main characters, like "on the front of the box" main character, she can't be forced). I just think her being gay is forced and tacked on, and flat out contradicts moments from the main game. Not only that, but if they went with the ambiguity route, they actually could have had a much more touching message that is more in line with themes established in the main game (i.e. many of societies arbitrary values are actually quite meaningless when humanity is forced to live in much more raw conditions, including requiring labels to justify love for another). Plus, if it was more ambiguous, people who wanted them to actually be gay interpret as such if they wanted anyway.

Also just in general, TLoU is mainly about the father-daughter relationship between Joel and Ellie. Neither of their sexualities need to be touched upon (though we can assume Joel is straight for reasons that are obvious if you know anything about the beginning of the game, though it doesn't seem like he cares about romance and sex after that). They can do that with other characters (they did it much better with Bill, the other gay character, in the main game), but it felt really tacked on and poorly developed with Ellie. And it slightly cheapened the relationship Riley and Ellie had.

Grizzly Bear Joel is dead though, don't you know? :V
She never identifies herself as gay, the devs said that, like they're translating it to our society's understanding of the matter
Her being gay is just a goddamn fact about her character and doesn't need to fit any themes in the narrative. Ambiguosity would just be the way some media try to take because they don't want to have a LGBT character and want to appeal to a certain denographic at the same time, basically, it'd be worse.
If her sexuality wasn't confirmed, you'd be saying that the kiss doesn't mean anything and there'd be a lot(more) of people in denial about it(like that MGS GameFaqs post Xcano linked).

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air is 5.08 meters long, and is 79.4 pixels long in this image, with the pathway being 57.62 pixels across. We see a similar ratio of car-to-path size later on, indicating that this size is fairly consistent. In this scene the pathway is 24.6 pixels across, with the planet itself being 171 pixels in diameter.

57.62/79.4 = 0.73x
0.73*5.08 = 3.71 meters

171/24.6 = 6.95x
6.95*3.71 = 25.78 meters

Sticking that and 10g into the planetary parameters calculator gives me an average density of 2.442e10 kg/m^3. Even if these chunks were only a m^3 and moving at 10 m/s Goku's punches would've been over 10x more powerful than a tactical nuclear warhead.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She never identifies herself as gay, the devs said that, like they're translating it to our society's understanding of the matter.
Yes, she never identifies herself as gay (because she shouldn't feasibly be able to).

She never shows any signs of being gay in the main game, at all. And the kiss scene had the kind of backing context that would make most people interpret it differently.

And the writer had to go out of their way to tack on that she was gay in an interview, and by making her gay, contradicts elements of her character and of the general story themes and messages of the game...

...that's not forced, how, exactly?

Just so it's clear, this isn't a moral or ethical criticism. I'm criticising his ability to write a gay character and incorporate them into his stories. He did it well with Bill, but poorly with Ellie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air is 5.08 meters long, and is 79.4 pixels long in this image, with the pathway being 57.62 pixels across. We see a similar ratio of car-to-path size later on, indicating that this size is fairly consistent. In this scene the pathway is 24.6 pixels across, with the planet itself being 171 pixels in diameter.

57.62/79.4 = 0.73x
0.73*5.08 = 3.71 meters

171/24.6 = 6.95x
6.95*3.71 = 25.78 meters

Sticking that and 10g into the planetary parameters calculator gives me an average density of 2.442e10 kg/m^3. Even if these chunks were only a m^3 and moving at 10 m/s Goku's punches would've been over 10x more powerful than a tactical nuclear warhead.
Uhm... what?
Yes, she never identifies herself as gay (because she shouldn't feasibly be able to).

She never shows any signs of being gay in the main game, at all. And the kiss scene had the kind of backing context that would make most people interpret it differently.

And the writer had to go out of their way to tack on that she was gay in an interview, and by making her gay, contradicts elements of her character and of the general story themes and messages of the game...

...that's not forced, how, exactly?

Just so it's clear, this isn't a moral or ethical criticism. I'm criticising his ability to write a gay character and incorporate them into his stories. He did it well with Bill, but poorly with Ellie.
So what are the contradictions with the main game and her sexuality? And no, the themes of a story don't matter to that.
And it's not hard to write a gay character, you just write a character and have them be attracted the same sex. And Ellie is a good character so I don't see how she's not a good gay character too

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
.. so the all UBs were banned from OU on showdown? But Nihilego gets walled by Steel/ground types :confused:

Edit nevermind on the team selection it has banned for the UBs but it shows up as valid.. is this a glitch or no?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought of another ability. Temp name is Relaxed Fit. When the pokemon is sent out Trick Room is used.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Chiko and Shinshoe are getting into a lot of long debates recently.

Wonder why you two keep doing this,

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
She never shows any signs of being gay in the main game, at all.
Okay, but here's a question. Whenever a male and female character are just "having a good time" and then start makin' out do you feel that it was "forced" or something?
Uhm... what?
Am I not allowed to do something else?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you've been working on a single drawing for practically 3 days now and you're still planning to add details to it.

You guys may or may not know, but I have a somewhat artistic side. :p

(as in I like to draw occasionally when I am bored).

It may not be top notch, but it's something.

EDIT: Seems like I walked in at yet another awkward time. >_<

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, but here's a question. Whenever a male and female character are just "having a good time" and then start makin' out do you feel that it was "forced" or something?
Okay, you're misconstruing his argument.

He's saying he thought that element of the writing was forced, not Ellie being gay in general.

A straight make out session could easily feel forced. He'd agree with that and has in the past.

Honestly, he finds issue with how a gay character is written and people seem to think its that he has a problem that the character was gay in the first place.

That was never his argument. Just stop.

D

Deleted member

Chiko and Shinshoe are getting into a lot of long debates recently.

Wonder why you two keep doing this,
This is the second
And the first one was just because I was in a SAO-hate mood

Am I not allowed to do something else?
It just came out of nowhere with no context and the links clearly show this was copy-pasted.
So... context?
They are secretly in love and this is the only way they know how to show it
For the record, he's the tsundere in this relationship.
I'm the generic harem protagonist and you're all my *******

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Okay, you're misconstruing his argument.

He's saying he thought that element of the writing was forced, not Ellie being gay in general.

A straight make out session could easily feel forced. He'd agree with that and has in the past.

Honestly, he finds issue with how a gay character is written and people seem to think its that he has a problem that the character was gay in the first place.

That was never his argument. Just stop.
I'm not saying he has a problem with a character being gay, but his argument it was pandering is clearly wrong since the premise it's based on is:

"She never shows any signs of being gay in the main game"
and
"And the writer had to go out of their way to tack on that she was gay in an interview"

both of which aren't problems, and saying "two girls kissing each other is actually gay" in an interview isn't really tacking anything on, it's just clarifying something that's obvious

It just came out of nowhere with no context and the links clearly show this was copy-pasted.
No, I did this myself. I just wanted to post a thing that I did because I thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For the record, he's the tsundere in this relationship.
I'm the generic harem protagonist and you're all my *******
I hope we get the nobody wins ending.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought of another pokemon. Bonbomb. It's fire type currently. Looks like one of thse wrapped candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom