• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No I didn't.

I said we need a spin off that isn't a puzzle game. I said nothing about relevancy. Nor did I share my definition of spin offs.
I know you didn't share your definition, that's why I gave mine. I was musing that my definition was different than most peoples' because a lot of games I count as such apparently didn't.

Although with all possible time frames in mind instead of relevancy, I would guess there would have to be something.

. . .or maybe not. Life is just one big puzzle after all.

. . .I think I confused myself with this conversation, I'm sorry if I annoyed you. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mushroom Kingdom Warriors
Toot Toot Sonic Warriors
Kingdom Hearts Warriors with just the actual KH2FM battle system

Those are the ones that need to happen the most.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there was gonna be an alolan paras and parasect that are possessed by morelul and shiinotic. That would have been awesome,
The "deleted" Alolan forms could come back in Stars

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This should have been real

IDK, even if he just keeps the same stats, I prefer pokemon that evolve

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The "deleted" Alolan forms could come back in Stars
That'd be cool. The Fire type Weezing is also cool.

Turtonator could've been an evolution for Torkoal.
They don't look anything alike, and I HATE Pokemon that go from one type to a dual type that does not include the original type.

Wait... Torkoal is Fire not Ground.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kind of hope Ekans and Koffing get Alolan forms in Stars, and Jesse and James find them in the anime

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've been wanting to run Bulk up Mimikyu with leech life lol. Mimikyu gets some surprising moves for a ghost fairy type Pokemon..

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been working on stuff to make bad Pokemon better.

I forgot the name, but I made a better ability for Regigas. It starts off at 60% for all stats but for 7 turns it adds 20% of its standard base stat. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I forgot the name, but I made a better ability for Regigas. It starts off at 60% for all stats but for 7 turns it adds 20% of its standard base stat. :p

You made it worse.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I wonder. . .

The rumor is that the rejected Star Fox Warriors pitch involved flying around as part of it. I wonder if that would be reapplied to another franchise that got pitched and actually picked up?

Granted, that doesn't narrow it down that much, since half the candidate franchises discussed have means of flight across several characters and there's no guarantee they would even stick with the idea, but it does make me think a bit. . .I mean there was this one other game that was considered to be a Star Fox game at one point. . .

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Actually that makes it broken as ****. It'd have over 300 attack and 240 speed so it'd just wipe everyone by the end.

Or maybe that's good.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Actually that makes it broken as ****. It'd have over 300 attack and 240 speed so it'd just wipe everyone by the end.

Or maybe that's good.
It would still be bad tbh XD

Guys, I know what the Nintendo IP Warriors game is gonna be.

Haha, we were discussing that in the Dream Land Group here.
It actually looks like a possibility.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Slow start. That's worse than slow start. It's going to die earlier, not do as much damage, and still be slower than everything that's not paralyzed. Slow start is just a bad ability because it exists. It's like the splash of abilities but worse..

Or maybe that's good.
It needs to survive for 7 turns for it to activate. Gigas still has no HP recovery move 110/110/110 can only last for so long and lower defenses makes it more frail

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It would still be bad tbh XD

Haha, we were discussing that in the Dream Land Group here.
It actually looks like a possibility.
Oh, nevermind, my friend @Tortilla Noggin said this about the topic:

"It isn't foreshadowing, and it means nothing. That t-shirt was confirmed by Bill Trinen to be a pun weeks ago. ;)

The kanji for "Ran", which is pronounced like "Run" - meaning "chaos" - is what's featured on that shirt. It's punning both Super Mario Run itself (whose logo is featured in the lower-right corner of the shirt), and Akira Kurosawa's film, Ran - particularly the DVD cover for it;

Official confirmation of the punning can be found here and here.

Now, unless Bill Trinen isn't telling the truth about the puzzle he teased about regarding the Super Mario Run t-shirt's pun, that's all there is to that. ;)"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guys, I know what the Nintendo IP Warriors game is gonna be.

I don't know, I remember seeing concept art for a Japanese level in a 3D Mario game from a LONG time ago, while the Warriors thing seems much more recent if Star Fox's future being questionable is part of the reason for that IP being rejected.

My instinct tells me that it might be related to the 3D Mario shown in the trailer being a globetrotting game with a Samurai powerup during that level rather than an indication of a spinoff. Or it could even just be unrelated pun-based marketing for Super Mario Run, who knows.

But hey, half the time when I try to consciously guess stuff I'm wrong anyway, so who knows. Just offering the theory I came to about Samurai Mario.

D

Deleted member

And so I head off the college. Is Xenoblade Chronicles X worth playing in off TV play?
The only problem is that you can't see the map during it but you can just press a button to change it if when you need to quick-travel

How about just giving it Protect and maybe it'd have a niche
Man, I can't believe that a Pokemon getting Protect would make them significantly better
Slow start. That's worse than slow start. It's going to die earlier, not do as much damage, and still be slower than everything that's not paralyzed. Slow start is just a bad ability because it exists. It's like the splash of abilities but worse..

It needs to survive for 7 turns for it to activate. Gigas still has no HP recovery move 110/110/110 can only last for so long and lower defenses makes it more frail
How is an ability that adds 20% of its base stats every turn(and thus reaches the original base stats by Turn 2) worse than Slow Start?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, nevermind, my friend @Tortilla Noggin said this about the topic:

"It isn't foreshadowing, and it means nothing. That t-shirt was confirmed by Bill Trinen to be a pun weeks ago. ;)

The kanji for "Ran", which is pronounced like "Run" - meaning "chaos" - is what's featured on that shirt. It's punning both Super Mario Run itself (whose logo is featured in the lower-right corner of the shirt), and Akira Kurosawa's film, Ran - particularly the DVD cover for it;

Official confirmation of the punning can be found here and here.

Now, unless Bill Trinen isn't telling the truth about the puzzle he teased about regarding the Super Mario Run t-shirt's pun, that's all there is to that. ;)"

I don't know, I remember seeing concept art for a Japanese level in a 3D Mario game from a LONG time ago, while the Warriors thing seems much more recent if Star Fox's future being questionable is part of the reason for that IP being rejected.

My instinct tells me that it might be related to the 3D Mario shown in the trailer being a globetrotting game with a Samurai powerup during that level rather than an indication of a spinoff. Or it could even just be unrelated pun-based marketing for Super Mario Run, who knows.

But hey, half the time when I try to consciously guess stuff I'm wrong anyway, so who knows. Just offering the theory I came to about Samurai Mario.
I hope you both realise I was joking around.

I mean I really want a Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, don't get me wrong, though I doubt they would theme it around samurais and Japanese culture entirely, and I don't think I'd want it either.

Though on the Bill Trinen point, I was aware of that too. However, him saying it's a pun doesn't mean much, because regardless of whether or not Samurai Mario actually will be used for something, he's never going to say he will be until it's formally announced. Definitely not the first time PR has denied something only to confirm it soon after.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only problem is that you can't see the map during it but you can just press a button to change it if when you need to quick-travel

Man, I can't believe that a Pokemon getting Protect would make them significantly better

How is an ability that adds 20% of its base stats every turn(and thus reaches the original base stats by Turn 2) worse than Slow Start?
Well for one, didn't praline say ALL stats were now reduced at first? I thought Slow Start left the defensive stats alone and only halved attack and speed.

What good is Regigigas in turn four when it's dead by turn two?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A bidoof can actually beat a regigigas if you use Super Fang

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

It was per turn? The wording of it made it sound like it returned to normal by 7 turns like slow start does :lol:
Though it still doesn't get a recovery move or priority. It's rather gimicky the first turn it'll have 110/66/66 defenses then the 66 becomes 88 (2nd turn) then to 110 on the 3rd turn. Damage calculator would come in handy but I don't feel like going there atm.

D

Deleted member

Day 7
Still no Poke Bank
Losing hope
Well for one, didn't praline say ALL stats were now reduced at first? I thought Slow Start left the defensive stats alone and only halved attack and speed.

What good is Regigigas in turn four when it's dead by turn two?
Oh, I thought Slow Start already reduced its defenses, my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom