• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Calling me an idiot over the fact I don't see eye to eye with you on SAO, is not how you change my mind on:

Also FYI, the only reason I was still discussing this is because Shishoe said they thought it was an interesting discussion, and decided to quote a post of mine from yesterday on the topic. That's perfectly fine, and since they were still pretty civil about it, I was willing to discuss the topic a little more. Normally though, I wouldn't respond to a quote to a post of mine from a day ago, because that means the same topic is eating up too much time.

At this point, we should agree to disagree. I think it's also fair to say that a piece of media can be about a different thing for different people. Like how Smash is about meticulous competitive play for some, and mindless party fun for others.

Are you mad?

That would only lead to even worse tensions.

I am the "cancer of Smash" after all. :V

:rosalina::4sonic:
That's not what I'm talking about. You're HEAVILY misinterpretting what others are saying. You didn't see that saying 'SAO has so much wasted potential because it said it was an MMO' meant exactly that. Smash's premise is 'Beat the everloving **** out of eachother with all these cool video game characters!' Therefore, the premise didn't lie or not use the premise

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh guys, who cares?

This has gone on for a day now, and you're all arguing over semantics.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Other than Mario, the Reddit thread is talking mostly about three options: Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby Warriors, and Kid Icarus Warriors.
Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are the perfect franchises to get a DW style game.
Loads of potential characters plus enough factions to make use of.

I am the "cancer of Smash" after all. :V

:rosalina::4sonic:
You don't main Corrin or Bayonetta so you're fine

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually not that impressed with Mimikyu after using him.

He NEEDS the sword dance

But all you really need to disable him is status effects.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A Mario Warriors game is the closest I would get to the kind of Rosalina game I want (outside of Gravity Rush), so I'd be down.

Also someone made a remake of Sonic '06 in Unity.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
You guys are too narrowminded about those warrior's games. Why make one based on one Nintendo franchise when you could do one based on multiple.

That's right : I'm talking about Nintendo Warriors.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guzma made a mistake! I shell smashed my minior, with white herb returning his defenses to normal

Then he razor shelled me passed the shield's down breaking point

Guzma, you unleashed a MONSTER in minior

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You guys are too narrowminded about those warrior's games. Why make one based on one Nintendo franchise when you could do one based on multiple.

I'd be up for that, because it means I'm guaranteed to get characters I like. :D

If they were considering just one franchise with Star Fox and got turned down, though, my mind pictures them going for another single franchise. Still, I'd definitely be up for a crossover if they attempted it.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Warriors. Obliterating every Mechon in my path while it's Reyn Time, pressing on and on AND ON!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm actually not that impressed with Mimikyu after using him.

He NEEDS the sword dance

But all you really need to disable him is status effects.
Allow me to explain why you're wrong.
1. 90 Attack isn't actually all that bad, it's not 'great' on Pokemondb, which is a minimal of 100, but it can have 99 with an Adamant nature as natures change the stat by 10%
2. Mimikyu is pretty fast and has priority, meaning if fighting someone who uses status, Mimikyu has a good chance of going first
3. Sure, status hurts, but giving a lum berry gives it a free SD, which you said it 'needs'
4. Disguise is a free sash. It CAN get the Sword Dance easily, and if the opponent misses, switches out or anything inconsequential to Mimikyu, it not only has a doubled attack stat, but the free sash
5. Focus Sash can still work meaning it needs 3 hits to take out unless your opponent has one of the SM Masot legendaries. I remember hearing Mold Breaker doesn't disable Disguise

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Add in ****ing Villager and Layton I will sell my soul to Nintendo

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I had an idea for a Smash Warriors long ago.

Pac-Man had a weapon similar to the LockJaw from Rayman 3.

Except they were in the shape of classic Pac-Man.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, going beyond Nintendo franchises, "Magic Kingdom Warriors" would be fantastic. Disney licensing nightmare aside, imagine that roster. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd play a Warriors game if it had characters I liked. For real, do a Mega Man or Soul Calibur one and I'd be sold on that alone.

Mortal Kombat could also make for a good Warriors game. Freezing hordes of Tarkatans, and Cyborgs with my dude Sub-Zero.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Man, going beyond Nintendo franchises, "Magic Kingdom Warriors" would be fantastic. Disney licensing nightmare aside, imagine that roster. :p
Add in Marvel and Lucasfilm and you have one of the biggest crossover game that isn't Disney Infinity.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Star Wars Warriors...

R2D2 combos...

The hype.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You're an idiot. We aren't misinterpretting anything, YOU are. How is "It's a show in which peeps are stuck in an MMO but it doesn't really do anything with the MMO" suddenly 'Y U NOT BOUT VIDYA GAAAAEEEEENZ'. Shishi was criticizing the lore based off of what we know of from the actual source. You have to be deliberately misinterpretting this tbh. I watched a show in which the main premise was 'guy gets killed, needs to collect 15 mcguffins in 99 days or he dies permanently'. Guess what? That's not what the show was really about, it was about a guy who came back from the dead fighting invading evil spirits while constantly saving victims of the week instead of getting, or better yet, USING the mcguffins to come back to life'. He expires the time limit and has 3 ****ing 'true death' scenes throughout the show
It's totally ok to share your opinion, but refrain from insults, please. It's unnecessary.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Allow me to explain why you're wrong.
1. 90 Attack isn't actually all that bad, it's not 'great' on Pokemondb, which is a minimal of 100, but it can have 99 with an Adamant nature as natures change the stat by 10%
2. Mimikyu is pretty fast and has priority, meaning if fighting someone who uses status, Mimikyu has a good chance of going first
3. Sure, status hurts, but giving a lum berry gives it a free SD, which you said it 'needs'
4. Disguise is a free sash. It CAN get the Sword Dance easily, and if the opponent misses, switches out or anything inconsequential to Mimikyu, it not only has a doubled attack stat, but the free sash
5. Focus Sash can still work meaning it needs 3 hits to take out unless your opponent has one of the SM Masot legendaries. I remember hearing Mold Breaker doesn't disable Disguise
I've been using Life Orb Mimikyu, like 10 levels above CPU's pokemon and he hasn't been doing very much damage unless I sword dance. Meanwhile, Golbat seems to be his ultimate rival because every time I run into one it confuses first, causing mimikyu to hit itself and break it's own disguise.

Maybe bad luck, but eh

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've been using Life Orb Mimikyu, like 10 levels above CPU's pokemon and he hasn't been doing very much damage unless I sword dance. Meanwhile, Golbat seems to be his ultimate rival because every time I run into one it confuses first, causing mimikyu to hit itself and break it's own disguise.

Maybe bad luck, but eh
Check the IVs, Nature and EVs. Could have gotten ****ty luck, my Chesnaught had ****ing abysmal Attack making it an absolute liability

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think seeing all of those Kid Icarus Warriors comments awakened a hype desire inside of me that can never possibly be fulfilled.

The whole game works so naturally for it. Kid Icarus is a huge catfight with three superpowered factions each with their own unique troops and insane generals all going after each other, normal humans stuck in the middle fighting against any number of them (or each other, because they're morons), and random crud interrupting everybody while random truces are called to deal with the interruption.

Plotwise I'd wonder how they'd even handle it, but setting wise it's basically perfect for a faction based game. Logically I know it's too obscure, and it's making me sad, but gosh darnit I'd be thrilled if it happened.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Maybe bad luck, but eh
My mimikyu has been doing great so far.

Maybe you have bad IVs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's not losing battles or anything

He's just not dealing the same amount of damage as some of my other pokemon

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I was thinkign about getting Hyrule Warriors 3ds, since I loved the console version. Buuuuut money is tight and I already recently bought Mario Maker 3ds, so I should save up my money before getting another game :lol:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got 3 Balm Mushrooms, 8 Sun Stones, Leftovers and a lot of Super Potions and Balls with Pickup, but no Destiny Knot. RNG decided to cool and evil today.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never got mighty no 9

Although I guess it's my fault for requesting the 3DS version

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys guys guys i figured out what i want the new warriors game to be

F-Zero warriors...think aboout it captian falcon running around huge maps falcon punching the piss out of mooks and using the blue falcon as a mode of fast transportation/ muso attack

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
guys guys guys i figured out what i want the new warriors game to be

F-Zero warriors...think aboout it captian falcon running around huge maps falcon punching the piss out of mooks and using the blue falcon as a mode of fast transportation/ muso attack
Plz no. The only acceptable genre shift is a GTA style game in which you collect bounties or trash everything with the Blue Falcon on the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom