• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just stumbled upon Hades Underworld which is a steam group. Auto-joined lol.
KI:U Hades right there. (shame its a Team Fotress 2 group anyway)
I am now picturing him mocking people over voice chat while playing TF2.

I wonder where he keeps his PC anyway. Probably the same place he keeps his TV.

. . .Of course, if it's the same place I think he keeps his TV, it begs the question of HOW he plays it, but I'm sure he has something worked out. Either that or I just misinterpreted something that was meant to be symbolic or whatever during my playthrough and the memory garbled even further from there, but the mental image I came up with was absurd enough for me to roll with anyway.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And I think I found my Alolan-Marowak and Koko counter lol..
Screenshot_20170106-194446.png
The speed is for outspeeding 132 neutral speed marowak which Shadow claw or earthquake can one hit kill it thanks to the CB. Koko is going to trade with it with Dazzling Gleam but it's a 44.1% chance to 2 hit ko with LO (jolly) while Dhelmise is a 1 hit kill with EQ. Chomp probably has them covered already but eh :lol: it'll be more of a surprise factor :p just don't know if I want that grass type move or not.. :ohwell: the only real threat from koko is physical brave bird

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Xbox One recommendations? Gears 4 is good if you can look past the microtransactions, Killer Instinct is great, Rare Replay is the best value for a video game ever (especially now that it's about $10), Recore is really interesting even though it gets a lot of hate for some reason, then if you don't have a PS4 or PC; Mortal Kombat XL is insanely fun, the Bioshock Collection is excellent, Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood are both must haves. There are just so many games.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tbh, the SAO videos are the ones I look forward the most to from MB, though I wish he did it with other terrible shows but as Digibro said, it only matters because it's popular.
Like that series of his on Asterisk War that I've already watched 11 parts of. How the hell do you mess a Tournament Arc?
On that note, the SAO series is one of the most interesting franchises in anime to me, because of how incredibly divisive it is. Either you love it, or you hate it. It's hard to find someone who's right in the middle. I'm one of those people who enjoys parts of the series, but still finds many flaws in it that make me hate a part of the series at the same time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The speed is for outspeeding 132 neutral speed marowak which Shadow claw or earthquake can one hit kill it thanks to the CB. Koko is going to trade with it with Dazzling Gleam but it's a 44.1% chance to 2 hit ko with LO (jolly) while Dhelmise is a 1 hit kill with EQ. Chomp probably has them covered already but eh :lol: it'll be more of a surprise factor :p just don't know if I want that grass type move or not.. :ohwell: the only real threat from koko is physical brave bird
How does it fare against a jolly, + 255 speed marowak with Flare Blitz?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had a vaguely sexual dream about the Nintendo Switch last night.

I think I need the 12th to become a thing already...or not if it's not going to live up to the promises of it's induced dreams.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Any Xbox One titles besides Halo, Skyrim and Doom and Overwatch you guys could suggest?
Do you enjoy Racing games? Cause Forza is an excellent series. And if they don't need to be exclusives, Xenoverse 2, FFXV, Battlefield 1, Rocket League, Gears of War 4 are all good too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On that note, the SAO series is one of the most interesting franchises in anime to me, because of how incredibly divisive it is. Either you love it, or you hate it. It's hard to find someone who's right in the middle. I'm one of those people who enjoys parts of the series, but still finds many flaws in it that make me hate a part of the series at the same time.
I'm in the middle.

First 3 or so episodes were solid enough.

The rest of the Aincrad arc was mediocre but if I'm being honest, I don't consider it particularly offensive. And I can't ignore the good art and music.

Alfheim arc is just terrible.

Gun Gale arc was honestly pretty good.

Excalibur Arc was inoffensive filler. It's not very good, but it's not taking itself very seriously at least.

Mother's Rosario was actually great.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm in the middle.

The rest of the Aincrad arc was mediocre but if I'm being honest, I don't consider it particularly offensive. And I can't ignore the good art and music.

Excalibur Arc was inoffensive filler. It's not very good, but it's not taking itself very seriously at least.

Yeah, with Aincrad it wasn't totally offensive. I just think too many opportunities were wasted and as teh first major arc goes on, the plot becomes increasingly flawed.

Yeah, I also hate Alfheim.

Gun Gale/Bullet of Bullets...I don't really like it, but I can see why people like it. It has better plot pacing and less plot holes, but for me personally I don't really care for it.

I skipped Excalibur, honestly.

And I enjoyed Mother's Rosario too <3. Biggest positive was introducing Yuki, and second biggest positive was having Kirito taking a back seat with Asuna taking the main character role for the arc. I sorely wish that more people would talk about MR, because this major arc deserves praise and yet people seem to forget about it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
While I do acknowledge SAO's many flaws, I still found myself personally enjoying it. There's a really good anime in there, it just misses those marks quite a bit.

Mother's Rosario is legitimately great though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys think Lonely is a decent nature for a Shieldon?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Meanwhile, I'm starting to finish up my Pokémon region. I just finished all the regular Pokémon today, so next I'll move on to giving Pokémon from other regions (pre-)evolutions, and after that, I'll move onto legendaries. I've created 176 Pokémon so far.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah, my Marowak is guaranteed to 1HKO it

You see, Marowak doesn't have to focus on attack because of thick club, so I pump in EV's to Speed and HP

The HP isn't going to save him against your Dhelmise, but Flare Blitz is guaranteed 1HKO, dealing almost 150% of it's health

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
no one should be that excited about a console, my boy
To be honest it wasn't that console that was sexual, rather the fact that somehow celebrity crushes were hosting the presentation..uhmm...half naked if you will.

I also had a dream right after that Banjo Kazooie was confirmed for Smash Switch, so it's like my brain couldn't decide between hot dudes in their underwear and well...a long shot reveal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What about a Modest Infiltraitor Cottonee?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest it wasn't that console that was sexual, rather the fact that somehow celebrity crushes were hosting the presentation..uhmm...half naked if you will.

I also had a dream right after that Banjo Kazooie was confirmed for Smash Switch, so it's like my brain couldn't decide between hot dudes in their underwear and well...a long shot reveal.
Implying Banjo isn't a hot dude in his underwear. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
While I do acknowledge SAO's many flaws, I still found myself personally enjoying it. There's a really good anime in there, it just misses those marks quite a bit.

Mother's Rosario is legitimately great though.
Well, with the Visual Novels, I heard that Reki learned from his past mistakes and made the Alicization arc (which would line up with future seasons 3-4 or more) better by having less plot holes, decreasing Kirito's Mary Sue potential, and having the story make more sense. I haven't read the Alicization arc in the VN series, so I am only judging its potential rather than legit thoughts. However, if Alicization is actually good, then the future 2 or so seasons might redeem SAO for me.

I seriously do want to like this series, because at least the Aincrad arc of the VNs are decent and I think it has a lot going for it. It's just...I hope I'm not disappointed all over again.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
How does it fare against a jolly, + 255 speed marowak with Flare Blitz?
Flare blitz is a guaranteed one hit kill along with fire punch with thick club and jolly. And since Dhelmise is 5 base points slower it won't ever beat it. But I was going for the adamant and 132 speed evs which would be the most common set for Alolan Wak with 45 base speed
Oh yeah, my Marowak is guaranteed to 1HKO it

You see, Marowak doesn't have to focus on attack because of thick club, so I pump in EV's to Speed and HP

The HP isn't going to save him against your Dhelmise, but Flare Blitz is guaranteed 1HKO, dealing almost 150% of it's health
I noticed that there was a jolly 252 set on Smogon but thought it wouldn't be too common

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Flare blitz is a guaranteed one hit kill along with fire punch with thick club and jolly. And since Dhelmise is 5 base points slower it won't ever beat it. But I was going for the adamant and 132 speed evs which would be the most common set for Alolan Wak with 45 base speed

I noticed that there was a jolly 252 set on Smogon but thought it wouldn't be too common
I don't know how common it is, it's just what I'm using.

I actually didn't even know Smogon had a set like that

Edit: alternatively, I could also pump into HP and Defense and 1HKO with Flare Blitz

But that'd be a Marowak specifically designed just to take physical hits

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kommo-o is honestly not that great. It's probably the worst pseudo legendary.
I think I'll agree with that. It seems to hamper my Battle Tree Team more than help

I wonder if he can be useful for a hail or sand team though since his HA makes him immune from the damage.

He gets no bonus, but also receives no damage

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, with the Visual Novels, I heard that Reki learned from his past mistakes and made the Alicization arc (which would line up with future seasons 3-4 or more) better by having less plot holes, decreasing Kirito's Mary Sue potential, and having the story make more sense. I haven't read the Alicization arc in the VN series, so I am only judging its potential rather than legit thoughts. However, if Alicization is actually good, then the future 2 or so seasons might redeem SAO for me.

I seriously do want to like this series, because at least the Aincrad arc of the VNs are decent and I think it has a lot going for it. It's just...I hope I'm not disappointed all over again.
I've heard that SAO Progressive is a big improvement.

I wish the anime adapted that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just finished watching all 12 episodes of Sweetness and Lightning. It was a enjoyable and cute show. Not very often you see realistic portrayals of little children in anime, so Tsumugi was a pretty sweet character. It was also nice to see how all that cooking gave Kyouhei new meaning in being a dad.

Gotta say I'm glad I always ate before watching several episodes, because I bet watching all that cooking would make me hungry!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've heard that SAO Progressive is a big improvement.

I wish the anime adapted that.
Wait...what's SAO Progressive? Tell me more!

Just finished watching all 12 episodes of Sweetness and Lightning. It was a enjoyable and cute show. Not very often you see realistic portrayals of little children in anime, so Tsumugi was a pretty sweet character. It was also nice to see how all that cooking gave Kyouhei new meaning in being a dad.

Gotta say I'm glad I always ate before watching several episodes, because I bet watching all that cooking would make me hungry!
Awww, cute things are great <3 I've been looking for a cutesy show to watch lately. Honestly, I think it will help as an escape from the depression I've been been battling since August. I could watch that, and maybe re-watch Lucky Star or something, idk. Just...something to help, I guess.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Through calculations, it seems to me pumping into HP is better in all circumstances than Defense or Special defense

The only time to put in defense or special defense is if you already put fully into HP

I'm not sure all circumstances, only in the set I tested

Earthquake vs Marowak with 252 Defense: 90.4 - 106.5%
Earthquake vs Marowak with 252 Health: 90.7 - 106.7%

The difference being if you use a special attack, the Marowak without HP is going to receive more damage from it BUT the Marowak with 252 in HP is going to take the Special attack as if he has 252 in special and 0 in HP

Edit: The HP one takes slightly more damage. LOL

Fraction of damage

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't know how common it is, it's just what I'm using.

I actually didn't even know Smogon had a set like that
Yeah they have it for stall breaking the defensive slow mons. Though it is on the thread for Alolan marowak since the meta hasn't fully taken its course. I only checked to see if they had any evs in speed so I could counter it with Dhelmise lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah they have it for stall breaking the defensive slow mons. Though it is on the thread for Alolan marowak since the meta hasn't fully taken its course. I only checked to see if they had any evs in speed so I could counter it with Dhelmise lol
LOL, I literally specifically designed it for my in game team, so I don't know how well it would do online.

I just figured 392 attack (With thick club) was good enough and he could use some speed. So I invested in speed.

He's also got Belly Drum, which realistically I'd have to get SUPER LUCKY to be able to use online, and the only way that'd really be effective is if I could pass him down some agility. Which, I actually do have a baton passer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope, it's prett bad considering that its defense. I'd go with a nature boosting one of its defenses and hindering either its speed or either one of its offenses because it won't be killing anything when evolved. The best it can do is set up stealth rock and status opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's always like that, see Re: Zero for example.
I'm in the middle.

I have to agree with this
As a premise, the "otaku trapped in game land" is nothing special but the whole death thing is an interesting gimmick... that gets thrown out of the window after three episodes and the only good episodes I can remember are the second one and the murder-mistery-inside-safe-zones one
The whole tasteless fanservice thrown in filler episodes for 40% of the arc, Kirito having an exclusive skill, being able to grind enough to make himself invulnerable to most players and the fact that the only person who is stronger than him is literally cheating wasn't offensive enough?
And we never even learn the main villain's motivation and reasoning

I have no idea what the Excalibur arc and the MR one are because I have no idea of what happens after the mess that is GGO
That game is more terribly than SAO and ALO and the whole Death Gun thing makes no goddamn sense.
It starts well with the whole Laughing Coffin thing... then trips up by having to introduce some story we never heard from back when they were in SAO and falls flat on its face with the final reveal and most complicated and senseless plan ever.
And don't even get me started on the pacing issues.
I found a reason to watch Re:Zero and his name is Felix Argail
I hope you like "nya" puns every 3 lines of dialogue otherwise you will nyat like him.
But watch Re: Zero, it actually plays really nicely with the genre's usual trope and develops Subaru really well by the end with clever usage of time travel to make an interesting plot.
My only problems with it are the fact that, despite its great characters, only Rem and Subaru get any real development and even though Subaru is a **** most of the time, everyone loves him by the end of the show, even though he really didn't do anything for certain characters to like him.
Still, I recommend it because it's just really enjoyable. Just hope the LN gets more material already so they can make another season

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Holy **** I thought it was Thursday.

Can I get a refund on my Thursday? Clearly it was defective.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
That's awful, honestly. Dropping Shieldon's best stat (defense) for attack really isn't doing it any good.

What about a Modest Infiltraitor Cottonee?
Now that, that's OK... well, for the ability you're running, anyways. Even with the nerf to Prankster and priority in general, Prankster is still better than Infiltrator since the latter's pretty situational, only serving much use when Substitute gets brought into play... and even then, it might as well stick with Timid.

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom