• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wow, its the final day of 2016. Cant say Im surprised, it was bound to happen eventually, but looking back at things Ive come to realize that I have a pretty bad memory because I cant remember a thing. Honestly, Im just waiting for the Switch presentation. Tomorrow and the day after are just going to be regular days for me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Good luck trying to convince anyone that 2016 wasn't a meh year for Nintendo.

Even with a couple good games happened for the 3DS, there's little positivity about the things that happened for the Wii U's last year (even if some good or decent titles exists). When so many people are disappointed, they just don't have any hopes or optimism for a company's future plans anymore (especially Metroid fans). You can't really blame the way some Nintendo fans think today.

I'm sure Sony or Microsoft fans have little complaints about how support when for their respective consoles. The only few games that ring any bells are No Man's Sky, the Mighty Number 9, possibly Infinite Warfare if COD fans are still mad at that game, and some no name titles that don't ring a bell. For Nintendo however, so many titles stick out that everyone's on the "2016 sucked for Nintendo" bandwagon. That's just the way things are.
Logically I know it's a lost cause, I'm just. . .exhausted.

2016 was a garbage year, heck, the Wii U was a garbage generation. But people take that and extend it to assuming that the Switch HAS to be an exact copy of every single problem that plagued the Wii U, ignoring the fact that Nintendo is bringing their handheld lineup onto it, ignoring the fact that the awful marketing of the Wii U has already been averted to an extent with the Switch, ignoring the hand Nintendo was dealt in general with in terms of what their best option for a system was.

Never mind the fact that it's not too hard to come to the conclusion that part of the reason why the Wii U's lineup was so bad was because it was so much of a lost cause that Nintendo likely started funneling projects from it onto the Switch, even further averting the Switch being the exact same via rollover. I remember concept art for Mario in a Japanese area floating around several years ago. If Mario's globetrotting, I get the feeling that 3D Mario may have been a Wii U game that got moved over. And while there's no leaks for it, Nintendo's official statements and actions have given enough hints about Animal Crossing that I wonder if it was given the same treatment.

The Metroid fandom I don't even want to think about because I use the the term "*blank* fans" to refer to a nebulous amalgamation of every thing I don't like witnessing in relation to a fandom so I don't have to mentally blame individual people for anything and Metroid. . .almost never results in happy topics. Both due to 2016 and due to what I've seen Metroid fans go on to say about everything else that isn't Metroid. Yes, there are some people who probably aren't going to see a game they like for a while, and that's sad. But some words don't evoke much pity when read. Sometimes they just hurt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Fairly Odd Parents is finally getting cancelled and I can't say that I'm not really surprised about it actually happening.

SpongeBob could be next, but that series is untouchable despite some mediocre seasons after the movie.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Fairly Odd Parents is finally getting cancelled and I can't say that I'm not really surprised about it actually happening.

SpongeBob could be next, but that series is untouchable despite some mediocre seasons after the movie.
Source?

Because it could be another fake rumor like the constant ones about SpongeBob ending.

But if Fairly Odd Parents is finally coming to an end, then I'm glad they finally realize that they just can't make quality seasons like they've used to. This is coming from someone who loved that show alot before Poof happened or even the Scrappy Doo clone and Mary Sue came along.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Source?

Because it could be another fake rumor like the constant ones about SpongeBob ending.

But if Fairly Odd Parents is finally coming to an end, then I'm glad they finally realize that they just can't make quality seasons like they've used to. This is coming from someone who loved that show alot before Poof happened or even the Scrappy Doo clone and Mary Sue came along.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

In other words, the show is getting the Wonder Over Yonder treatment (too soon) before the last couple seasons.

Like I've said, it was bound to happen after the many times they've jumped the shark just to keep them views. SpongeBob however is extremely lucky since it's "The Simpsons" for Nick and they would be dumb to get rid of their biggest money maker and view getting on the block.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I doubt she'll end up there.

The hype is gone.
Nah WWE defintely still wants ronda.Win or Lose....badly lose(watched it live with my friends we were speechless) Ronda still brings in the big dollars.Shes one of the biggest draws in MMA,Just like Punk is for wrestling.Win or Lose they still have the public eyes on there every move. Besides triple H and Vince really wants Ronda or McGregor at mania.Doubt this lost changed any of that

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

In other words, the show is getting the Wonder Over Yonder treatment (too soon) before the last couple seasons.

Like I've said, it was bound to happen after the many times they've jumped the shark just to keep them views. SpongeBob however is extremely lucky since it's "The Simpsons" for Nick and they would be dumb to get rid of their biggest money maker and view getting on the block.
At least I can say they've learned their lesson. Can't say I feel sorry for the show meeting such a bitter end as an old fan.

And you are right about SpongeBob. It's going nowhere just like The Simpsons being a mainstay for FOX and One Piece being a permanent series in Jump regardless of ratings.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Metroid and Star Fox fandom seem to be in a spiral of complaining at Nintendo for not releasing any games for years. When a game finally release for both franchise. Well...you know the rest, everyone hated Star Fox Zero because it was just another SF64 remake with worst control and some change here and there. And Metroid: Federation Force was hated because it wasn't a "true Metroid game", no matter if the game was good or not. The game was hated like no tomorrow before the game was even release. And when it was, it was....just a decent TPS spin-off game in the Metroid universe. But hey, it's still as bad as Other M I guess....

What I say is that, fan are right. Nintendo **** up those two, but complaining all day will not bring back Metroid or Star Fox. I also don't say to buy the games and shut your mouth because it is a SF/Metroid game, because it's also a terrible way to be like that in general and you are basically the perfect pig for Nintendo to profit if you scream to everyone to stop complaining and just buy it.

In conclusion, there is just no win scenario. Both Metroid and Star Fox need a game that can make their franchise great again in the eyes of fan. But the fact that they already used their chance to do that and failed. Make think that we won't see another games for those franchise until a looooong time.

So basically, just do like F-Zero fan do: play Smash Bros, it's the greatest F-Zero/Metroid/Star Fox game of all time.:yeahboi:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Metroid and Star Fox fandom seem to be in a spiral of complaining at Nintendo for not releasing any games for years. When a game finally release for both franchise. Well...you know the rest, everyone hated Star Fox Zero because it was just another SF64 remake with worst control and some change here and there. And Metroid: Federation Force was hated because it wasn't a "true Metroid game", no matter if the game was good or not. The game was hated like no tomorrow before the game was even release. And when it was, it was....just a decent TPS spin-off game in the Metroid universe. But hey, it's still as bad as Other M I guess....

What I say is that, fan are right. Nintendo **** up those two, but complaining all day will not bring back Metroid or Star Fox. I also don't say to buy the games and shut your mouth because it is a SF/Metroid game, because it's also a terrible way to be like that in general and you are basically the perfect pig for Nintendo to profit if you scream to everyone to stop complaining and just buy it.

In conclusion, there is just no win scenario. Both Metroid and Star Fox need a game that can make their franchise great again in the eyes of fan. But the fact that they already used their chance to do that and failed. Make think that we won't see another games for those franchise until a looooong time.

So basically, just do like F-Zero fan do: play Smash Bros, it's the greatest F-Zero/Metroid/Star Fox game of all time.:yeahboi:
I dunno.

I think we'll see Metroid and Star Fox again sooner than we think.

At least Metroid. The plans for Prime 4 and the cliffhanger tease are pretty blatant.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I dunno.

At least Metroid. The plans for Prime 4 and the cliffhanger tease are pretty blatant.
I'm still waiting Metroid Dreaded in that case.:samusmelee:
Really, it depend, does Nintendo have the ball to make Metroid Prime 4 and have risk to **** the franchise even more if they fail? Or bring back peoples hope if they success?
Know it next time, on the next episode of Metroid Ball Z.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I was going to say count the Mother fans on that boat too. But then we already know that Itoi will do nothing with the franchise again.

It's just the idea of Mother 3 being officially localized being likely as Half Life 3 being confirmed, yet still asked for. Just how many rumors will we get until people realize that it juts won't happen? Even Laura is unsure about Mother 3 ever hitting the West on the Switch.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, last day of 2016.

Barring the celebrity deaths and all, this was a rather good year for me personally.

I dunno.

I'm not sure about Star Fox. Miyamoto's statement about how hie wished SF was more popular felt like an admission of defeat.

Unless a 3rd party *cough*Kamiya*cough* expresses interest, I think it will be dormant again.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm still waiting Metroid Dreaded in that case.:samusmelee:
We've learned that Metroid Dread was Federation Force in its early days.

It was put on the shelf because the technology wasn't there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was going to say count the Mother fans on that boat too. But then we already know that Itoi will do nothing with the franchise again.

It's just the idea of Mother 3 being officially localized being likely as Half Life 3 being confirmed, yet still asked for. Just how many rumors will we get until people realize that it juts won't happen? Even Laura is unsure about Mother 3 ever hitting the West on the Switch.
"MOTHER 3 IS TOTAL GOING TO HAPPEN GUYS, JUST LOOK AT THAT RUMOR THAT BASICALLY CONFIRM THAT IT WILL HAPPEN YO"

Every Mother 3 rumor in a nutshell.
Did I mention that find rumor to be really stupid in general? Peoples just can't stop making rumor to make expectation high, only to dissapoint when the rumor is proved false, right if it's a bad one or just because peoples are expecting too much. I miss the days where a rumor wasn't created every Tuesday and Friday...
We've learned that Metroid Dread was Federation Force in its early days.

It was put on the shelf because the technology wasn't there.
Really? Can you give me a link for that?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey everyone. I just thought I'd come back to sort of post some of my farewells to 2016.
This year has been a true roller coaster for all - We've had several stars and inspirations for all pass on to the next world - from David Bowie, Prince, and just recently; Carrie Fisher. These people have been major sources of inspiration for all, and it's so hard to think that we lost so many icons just this year alone. It's been so difficult to deal with many of these stars move on, and it felt like that it was curse throughout 2016. But in the finale of Rogue One (which I saw just a few days ago, and was moved quite a bit by it overall), Princess's Leia's closing line really speaks for all.

"Hope."

It's a powerful word, as we move into the next year, a time that is bound to be filled with uncertainty, but through this one word - we should strive towards living out the positive parts of our life, and take enjoyment wherever we can find it. We'll be seeing a rather, 'interesting' turn in politics, but we should be hopeful to still find joy in the future, regardless of whatever the mad tyrants wish for.

The movie scene has been interesting - Disney/Marvel have been firing on several cylinders with some great hits from both sides, from films such as Zootopia and Moana; Civil War and Doctor Strange; and Rogue One holding it's powerful image of hope. Unfortunately, the video game movie 'curse' seems to still be lingering...

As for the gaming scene - the reason we try to escape the struggles of reality for entertainment in new worlds, I'd say 2016 has been pretty interesting all around. Several new Triple A games have made a pretty resonating impact on the market and culture of gaming, including Overwatch being a refreshing breeze through the First Person Shooter genre, and Nintendo making a number of gambles that seem so far to be paying off; branching out to mobile gaming through their two trump cards Pokémon and Mario; and the revelation of the Nintendo Switch - a console/handheld hybrid. It's going to be interesting to see how 2017 plays out for Nintendo. And only 13 or so days until the Nintendo Switch presentation! I look forward to it, and I wish to see nothing more but to have fun with it.

And my personal top three games of 2016 include:
1: Overwatch
2: Pokémon Sun/Moon
3: Battlefield 1
With honourable mentions to Titanfall 2 and Doom.

On the personal level, 2016 was the start of my life as a University student, and I'm pretty satisfied to get through the first year with some decent marks from my units this year. I'll be aiming to continue my dedication to the various studies I'll be picking up next year.

It won't be long now until we reach Midnight here in Tokyo, and it'll be the dawn of a new day, for a new year. I wish nothing more for 2016 other than a 2017 that is hopeful for all of us.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure about Star Fox. Miyamoto's statement about how hie wished SF was more popular felt like an admission of defeat.

Unless a 3rd party *cough*Kamiya*cough* expresses interest, I think it will be dormant again.
Really? I felt it was the opposite.

Unless we're throwing Pikmin in the same boat.

Really? Can you give me a link for that?
I...
I can't find it.

I could have sworn it was said sometime this year but I can't find it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nah WWE defintely still wants ronda.Win or Lose....badly lose(watched it live with my friends we were speechless) Ronda still brings in the big dollars.Shes one of the biggest draws in MMA,Just like Punk is for wrestling.Win or Lose they still have the public eyes on there every move. Besides triple H and Vince really wants Ronda or McGregor at mania.Doubt this lost changed any of that
Im sure they'll have to wait a while to reach her, not only because the jab they took at Punk but also because Ronda probably isn't in a good place mentally right now, yeah, she got $3 million for getting a 48 sec. smackdown, but still is a smackdown that killed her credibility. She trained for a year and somehow returned worse, showing her coach is a dumpster fire.

Ronda can be a good heel at WWE with a small acting career backing her, but right now she needs to meditate for a while and kick Edmond away. She'll be ready for WrestleMania? She'll learn striking for good to re-return at UFC 2XX? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
So I'm currently playing Pokemon Red (the original one) and after 30-40 ish minutes, I finally caught an Abra in that narrow grass field to the left of the bridge where you fight 5 trainers in a row in Route 24 I believe. Feels kind of good. ^_^

On a side note. I'm kind of shocked that Nintendo of America actually released Mario Kart 64 along with Mario Party 2 on the Wii U virtual console.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The Youtube comment section is the most toxic part of the internet I've ever experienced. It's one of the reasons why I don't upload my smash bros. replays often.
To me its second only to VGChartz.
That place has constant civil wars and meltdowns, especially between the sony and nintendo fanbases since MS there doesnt have as much manpower.

And even when theres no meltdowns, there's always at least some guerilla warfare happening. The mods tried to make rules strict like banning certain words like fanboy and butthurt and banning users who flamebait ect, but folks (even me at one point ha) became good at easily evading getting banned.

At least they had massive bayo for smash support and the mafia games there were fun, tho very very long. The Fire Emblem one lasted 4 months iirc. Glad I finally left tho.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm surprised Fairly OddParents has lasted this long, actually.

As a Kingdom Hearts fan, 2015 had worse deaths for me. Both voice actors for Xehanort died around a month apart, and Christopher Lee (original voice for Ansem the Wise) passed in the summer.

Watching PBG play Super Mario World

Man, he really sucks at the game. Also keeps forgetting about spin jump.

On the other hand, he can get through the game without spin jumping, which ...potentially can be seen as impressive.

Although that's only if you assume getting game over after game over and somehow still advancing in the game is impressive
Dat's the randomizer, right?

---

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Everyone: ew rabbits
Me: yes mario
It's about Rabbids, not Rabbits, you know.
Kappa.png

-------------

Anyhoo, Birthright update. Finished Wolfskin Peak (aka Chapter 15)

Marriages:
My avatar/Kaze (yeah, I know I only needed A-rank to save him, but I went all the way. :p)
Jakob/Azura
Mozu/Hayato
Hana/Subaki

Promotions:
Hayato is a Basara
Mozu is a Merchant
Oboro is a Spear Master
Sakura is a Priestess
Subaki is a Falcon Knight
Setsuna is a Sniper
Kaden is a :038:
Hana is a Swordmaster
Kaze is a Master Ninja

Paralogues:
Rescued Kana, Rhajat, Dwyer and Shigure. Don't plan to use any of them though.

---------------

I can certainly say I'm enjoying the game. There's a lot of stuff to do, even if it's rather repetitive.

---------------

Favourite characters so far are Hana and Oboro.
Hana is a good unit, but kinda fragile. Better to place Subaki with a Guard Naginata in range of enemies and Hana next to him.
Oboro is an absolute monster.

---------------

Whoever thought of adding Daikon Radish as a sword and Pine branch as a lance is an absolute genius. :laugh:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, last day of 2016.

Barring the celebrity deaths and all, this was a rather good year for me personally.

Last of 2016 my brother bought Marie and Roy amiibo...
And my a bit rambling on my Youtube app, I want to check my subscription videos, but when I scrolled down to a point it will say internet has problem with code 500. My wifi was fine and I try on my other phone and it has the same problem. Glad PC was normal, my subscription vids weren't cut.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm surprised Fairly OddParents has lasted this long, actually.

As a Kingdom Hearts fan, 2015 had worse deaths for me. Both voice actors for Xehanort died around a month apart, and Christopher Lee (original voice for Ansem the Wise) passed in the summer.

Dat's the randomizer, right?

---
Well yeah, but the level itself I was talking about only had it's pallet randomized. It was a legit regular level otherwise

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In terms of quality, Fairly Odd Parents lasted a lot longer than Spongebob. It was good up until Sparky was added. Love at First Bark was the last good episode.
Fairy Odd Parent and Spongebob were my two favorite Nick shows a decade ago. I have to admit newer Spongbob shows aren't that funny and iconic as it used to be. I still enjoy older Spongebob shows but I can't really enjoy the newer ones...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Completely on Coricus Coricus ' side on this hype thing. More optimism is needed. But,

Also I'm pretty sure after the number of times and contexts I've seen it used that I'm adding "disgusting" to my list of trigger words alongside "shill" and "apologist." I guess you could say I find seeing the way people use the word. . .disgusting. :/
Why is "apologist" on a "trigger words" list?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Fairly Odd Parents' last good episode was Fairly Odd Baby.
Not because Poof was a bad concept, I really love Poof, but because I feel they did every baby-joke in that episode already but then just repeated them throughout the season.

I wouldn't have minded it if the Jimmy Neutron X Fairly Odd Parents crossover was the series finale though

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Completely on Coricus Coricus ' side on this hype thing. More optimism is needed. But,

Because it's basically become synonymous with "shill" in many online contexts. Just a buzzword to shut down an argument, since the opposition is "just a _____ shill/a _______ apologist."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Because anyone that likes an objectively bad video game, in the case of games that are nothing like the original or censored (especially the latter), are apologists.

I've seen enough of that to know where it always goes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy New Year, Japan and South Korea.

North Korea is the next country to reach 2017.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
North Korea is always behind South Korea
Well, they voluntarily chose to change their time zone to UTC+8:30 from UTC+9:00 a few years ago, to further distance themselves from South Korea and Japan which are on UTC+9:00.

It was the 70th anniversary of North Korea's liberation from Japan, iirc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I have reasons to believe that both still have a future...

While we have seen the future of franchises sit on the success/failure of single games in the recent past with FE Awakening and Chibi-Robo Ziplash...I don't believe either Star Fox or Metroid are done...

Star Fox Zero was released at the tail-end of a failing system's life cycle, and was one of the last major exclusive titles to be released on the system...It also has very polarizing controls and is another unwanted reboot to the series, of course it was going to fail...

As for Metroid...Let me remind people that Nintendo expected Federation Force to have backlash...mind you they did not anticipate that it would be as bad as it was but they still knew it's not the game that fans have wanted...But they also have acknowledged that fans were disappointed, they even acknowledged the petition to cancel the game...which that in and of itself is a pretty big indication that Nintendo isn't ready to can the series as a whole...
The following year to it's reveal we saw a whole segment about Federation Force in their spring direct which was basically nintendo trying to convince fans that it's worth their time...in other damage control...

And with plans for games in the future I doubt they will hang up the series due to a spin-off...We may never get a Federation Force 2 at all in the future but I don't see them outright abandoning the series...

Nintendo seems to have a better plan of attack with the Switch going in...and barring Wii U like sales I can easily see new respectable titles for Metroid, Star Fox AND F-Zero going in...

Complaining to Nintendo is actually what fans need to be doing, because there's no other way for the company to know about our concerns if we say nothing...Nintendo needs to understand why a game fails, and that it's not because of a lack of interest in the franchise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom