• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Takaki, I know you are going to that Switch event next month.

Hopefully this will sway you into making a SK game like the 3DS series. Don't let the Yumi fanboys sway you into thinking the Versus games are better. Please?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Y'know I don't see why everyone keeps going on about #****2016 when it could have been any year where these mass celebrity deaths could have happened. Are we going to start a #****2017 hashtag if the same thing happens next year? It just seems so dumb TBH.

That being said it's sad to see anyone pass away of course.
I dont get it either. 2016 didnt kill the people so why blame it. Its still a shame they died but blame the right thing

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hopefully this will sway you into making a SK game like the 3DS series. Don't let the Yumi fanboys sway you into thinking the Versus games are better. Please?
Oh he will be pressured alright, to give us a Yumi spinoff on the Switch. Senran Yumi if you will. :troll:

She's the Rosalina/Isabelle/Marie Rose of the series after all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh he will be pressured alright, to give us a Yumi spinoff on the Switch. Senran Yumi if you will. :troll:

She's the Rosalina/Isabelle/Marie Rose of the series after all.
Best characters of the series who got introduced a few gens after the inecption, thus people cry "Shoe Horn!"
Becausee that describes almost all of them

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Best characters of the series who got introduced a few gens after the inecption, thus people cry "Shoe Horn!"
Becausee that describes almost all of them
Oh, and I almost forgot Honoka. :laugh:

Who's pretty much in the same league as Marie Rose. Both being playable in Musou All Stars after all.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If no retro characters like Mighty Bomb Jack or Rygar appear in Warriors All Stars, then I'm going to laugh while the old generation Tecmo fans cry. :laugh:

Also, why are people asking for a football player from Tecmo Bowl?

D

Deleted member

Star Wars was a big part of my childhood(well, it still means a lot to me), so hearing the news was quite sad
Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher, may you be immortalized by your works

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The FBI outta put 2016 on their Most Wanted List I guess for all the crimes it committed. :estatic:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I've recently started to look into those "We are Number One" meme videos. Both the song and the jokes that emerged from it are pretty good, not to mention pretty catchy too.

But I think I found my favorite version:

Since everyone else here is a huge fan of Team Skull, I think you all might enjoy this.

D

Deleted member

So I've recently started to look into those "We are Number One" meme videos. Both the song and the jokes that emerged from it are pretty good, not to mention pretty catchy too.

Since everyone else here is a huge fan of Team Skull, I think you all might enjoy this.
I like it much better than the "Bee Movie but" or "The Nutshack theme but" memes, one for it being from something actually good and also for helping raise awareness of the actor's MyFund page to help treat his cancer
So yeah, a meme saved a man's life

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I love this song! My personnal favorite is this one :

Such a great meme.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You know.. Hyrule warriors missed out on a good idea for its mechanics and have something similar to Conquest mode.. two players (1-3 heros each who can respawn at forts when they get knocked out) either computer or multi player and take turns on fortifying their areas, or taking over new ones. The game play feels like it should have had this feature and I'm a bit sad it doesn't.. :ohwell:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

The only version of this meme I like... well besides the Gabe the Dog one. I dont even like the song much.

the rest are eh

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

It's Ya Boi Guzma, But He Is Number One.

Chrono.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I get the point behind this but it's also kinda funny:
"Preference in gaming platform"
"Skill in fighting games"
"Enjoyment of Japanese anime"

Like these are so specific.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Thise three sound like a Safe Space a bit to me lol

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Battle Tree trainer logic "Hmm...Player is a choice user. My guy's got a focus sash so he can survive one hit

BETTER WASTE MY TURN USING ENCORE

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

We can only hope.

A game with Deep Crimson's Gameplay + the cast of the Versus games would be marvelous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Someone who got combo'd so hard that they felt it in real life.

I also find it funny that people fighting over their favorite anime would get anywhere near real life.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I forgot to post on Christmas, so here is a belated

• merry christmas
  • happy holidays
  • christmas holiday
  • happy merry

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking through TMs, is natural gift viable on any Pokemon? It's definitely a better in game option now it's had it's damage buffed and you can grow berries by the basket load in Pelego but how about online?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looking through TMs, is natural gift viable on any Pokemon? It's definitely a better in game option now it's had it's damage buffed and you can grow berries by the basket load in Pelego but how about online?
Return is more powerful and the user doesn't have to be holding a berry

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well everyone; I am back from seeing Rogue One. VIews on the movie below (contains spoilers).

Gotta say, the movie was great! What shocked me most about it was near the end; all of the main characters were basically killed off in one way or another, especially with the shock wave that swept away Jyn and Cassian. I don't often see movies do that, but when I understood that the only important item that needed to be kept safe was the plans of the Death Star, I knew sacrifices had to be made. As for the CGI revivals of Tarkin and Leia, I was not really bothered by that; when you do a revival from elements in a galaxy far far away, that's going to happen.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
alrighty then. Not sure why you feel like that. Unless tou didnt read it, those rules are to prevent harrasment
Because 'preferences to Japanese anime' isn't something you're going to get harassed over at a nerd con
???????

It's rules to prevent harassment at a con.

What are you even talking about?
I've seen idiots claim that when a con said that without the ludicrous gaming and anime thing

Also I found this

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's all the classes in my rpg

Classic Mages(they all fill the classic mage types each wielding a specific element, Blood Mage is like a mage version of Final Fantasy's Dark Knight. Sage is the same as Tellah from FF4; it learns a decent chunk of the elements it has control over but not a lot nor with a high enough mp pool or magic stat to really be useful later on):
Druid: Tridents and Dark Magic
Blood Mage: Knives and Blood Magic
Cleric: Staves and Healing Magic
Bishop: Hammers and Light Magic
Pyromancer: Bows and Fire Magic
Water Dancer: Whips and Water Magic
Arcanist: Boomerangs and Poison Magic
Sage: Sceptres and Planet Magic(Fire, Water, Wind, Earth)
Spiritmaster: Flails and Wind Magic

Knight types:
Centurion: Scythes and Earth Magic(undead knight weak to light and fire spells but destroys most grounded enemies with earth magic)
Knight: Lances and Shields(ability to protect team mates, passive ability protects low health heroes)
Fighter: Axes(The basic knight type, no real weaknesses and the most useful throughout the game)
Slayer: Giant Swords(high risk attacker, low health and low defence but god like attack stat)
Bladesmith: Longswords(multiple abilities that let the classes attacks pass through stat buffs, and even natural defenses)
Hero: Swords and Ice Magic(Decent attack but more adept at freezing foes to deal extra damage)
Master: Katanas and Time Magic(control over time lets it slow enemies, speed up foes, stop foes entirely or even rewind time)

Other classes:
Space Ace: Blasters and Space Magic(gun slinger that mastered the powers of outerspace, gun deals magic based attacks)
Goldmancer: Clubs and Goldmancy(mastered the ability to goldmance, turning golden icons into devastating attacks)
Mind Fighter: Fists and Energy Magic(fights with fists and became zen, unlocking energy based moves)
Thief: Bows and Revolvers(master trapper/thief, can deal damage to weak points depending on body type)
Valkyrie: Spears and Lightning Magic(spear user, can jump into air and come crashing down like lightning)

:p Yes there are many party members but you can swap them out at anytime, even during battle for no repercussion, certain ares like major dungeons whomever you enter with is who you are stuck with until you leave though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Return is more powerful and the user doesn't have to be holding a berry
HOWEVER, I did find one use for Natural Gift

"From Generation V onward, Natural Gift is unaffected by Normalize, Pixilate, Refrigerate, and Aerilate. However, it is affected by Ion Deluge (if the move would be Normal-type) and Electrify."

So, if you want a normal attack on a user of Pixilate, Refrigerate, Aerilate, Galvinize (I'm assuming) then there you go

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Because 'preferences to Japanese anime' isn't something you're going to get harassed over at a nerd con
Obviusly it had to have happend if its in the rules.

You can get harrased for anything lol
Here's all the classes in my rpg

Classic Mages(they all fill the classic mage types each wielding a specific element, Blood Mage is like a mage version of Final Fantasy's Dark Knight. Sage is the same as Tellah from FF4; it learns a decent chunk of the elements it has control over but not a lot nor with a high enough mp pool or magic stat to really be useful later on):
Druid: Pistols and Dark Magic
Blood Mage: Knives and Blood Magic
Cleric: Staves and Healing Magic
Bishop: Hammers and Light Magic
Pyromancer: Bows and Fire Magic
Water Dancer: Whips and Water Magic
Arcanist: Boomerangs and Poison Magic
Sage: Sceptres and Planet Magic(Fire, Water, Wind, Earth)
Spiritmaster: Flails and Wind Magic

Knight types:
Centurion: Scythes and Earth Magic(undead knight weak to light and fire spells but destroys most grounded enemies with earth magic)
Knight: Lances and Shields(ability to protect team mates, passive ability protects low health heroes)
Fighter: Axes(The basic knight type, no real weaknesses and the most useful throughout the game)
Slayer: Giant Swords(high risk attacker, low health and low defence but god like attack stat)
Bladesmith: Longswords(multiple abilities that let the classes attacks pass through stat buffs, and even natural defenses)
Hero: Swords and Ice Magic(Decent attack but more adept at freezing foes to deal extra damage)
Master: Katanas and Time Magic(control over time lets it slow enemies, speed up foes, stop foes entirely or even rewind time)

Other classes:
Space Ace: Blasters and Space Magic(gun slinger that mastered the powers of outerspace, gun deals magic based attacks)
Goldmancer: Clubs and Goldmancy(mastered the ability to goldmance, turning golden icons into devastating attacks)
Mind Fighter: Fists and Energy Magic(fights with fists and became zen, unlocking energy based moves)
Thief: Bow(master trapper/thief, can deal damage to weak points depending on body type)
Valkyrie: Spears and Lightning Magic(spear user, can jump into air and come crashing down like lightning)

:p Yes there are many party members but you can swap them out at anytime, even during battle for no repercussion, certain ares like major dungeons whomever you enter with is who you are stuck with until you leave though.
if this was a real game, Id play it in a heartbeat

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
HOWEVER, I did find one use for Natural Gift

"From Generation V onward, Natural Gift is unaffected by Normalize, Pixilate, Refrigerate, and Aerilate. However, it is affected by Ion Deluge (if the move would be Normal-type) and Electrify."

So, if you want a normal attack on a user of Pixilate, Refrigerate, Aerilate, Galvinize (I'm assuming) then there you go
I meant in terms of giving Pokemon that could benefit from a one use type coverage move of pow 100. Though in a similar vein of super niche TM moves, I found that one of the most effective items to throw is the Hard Stone. That would be one way to get rid of the stupid things.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I meant in terms of giving Pokemon that could benefit from a one use type coverage move of pow 100. Though in a similar vein of super niche TM moves, I found that one of the most effective items to throw is the Hard Stone. That would be one way to get rid of the stupid things.
From battle tree, a strategy I really like is tossing a king's rock, which ensures a flinch, then acrobatics

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
???????

It's rules to prevent harassment at a con.

What are you even talking about?
Exactly.

Attacking someone for simply being a fan of something like anime is uncool. It's not fun to feel unwelcome.

The point of that example is to clearly show that they aren't interested in cliques and trying to being elitist either. Both the underlined example and the anime point really do matter. It's a good rule to enforce. There's obviously more that it would cover by default(things like enjoying only cartoons, even ones directed more at kids, I.E. My Little Pony). A safe environment requires people to be respected despite liking stuff you don't. Of course, there's the other stuff like gender, etc., but that's unrelated to the "what I prefer for games/shows/to read" etc. They just fall under the same category of what people can legitimately get harassed for.

It's why the weeaboo joke can sometimes be taken too far. Obviously many of us use it to poke fun at a person liking anime, but we aren't using it to actually be malicious or anything like that. However, there are many who do actually attack others for their entertainment preferences, and that's a bad thing. Criticizing is not the same thing as condemning, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom