• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Merry late Christmas, hope it was fun.
Still got no avi, needs to be done.

If y'all were in an rpg what kind of character would you want to be?

Medieval fantasy setting.
Mage.

Maybe thief.

Maybe bard.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been watching these "Shiny hunter fail compilations"

And you know what I realized?

Shiny Hunters that stream don't know how to shiny hunt properly

If you are too strong to hit it, why not use a pokemon with a status ailment? Why not Spore? Spore puts them to sleep and sleep increases the chance of catching them.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I watch plenty of Skullgirls gameplay videos. And enjoying story mode. Watch competitive streams (Like this year's Combo Breaker). Skullgirls got my interest for quite a while now.
My sister played Melty Blood before. I means this type of fighting game is nothing new, especially compre it to Street Fighter and Tekken. But Skullgirl's frame rate is just damn good and cartoony.
So who's your main in the game?
Marie is top 10 waifu and I don't care what anyone thinks. Eat your heart out marth's second cousin!
im sorry

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you guys think this thread will make it to the Switch's launch in March?

Usually these threads get closed down once we hit Page 2000 and we're nearing 1700. Methinks the January Presentation and the anticipation prior to the event as well as the fallout after the event will drive this thread like 50, maybe even 100 pages forward quicker than usual meaning the thread might get closed around late-January or sometime in February.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not to stray from any topic, but I made my own little Fakemon that I thought up of when Fakemons were being discussed.
Kiwak.jpg
Its a 3 stage Pokemon, but Im still getting inspiration for the 2nd stage.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been watching these "Shiny hunter fail compilations"

And you know what I realized?

Shiny Hunters that stream don't know how to shiny hunt properly

If you are too strong to hit it, why not use a pokemon with a status ailment? Why not Spore? Spore puts them to sleep and sleep increases the chance of catching them.
For that matter, why not use False Swipe or Hold Back? I forget when you get the TM for the former, but even if they want to Shiny Hunt right off the bat the event Munchlax has the latter right from the start. Sure it won't work against Ghost types and there's a few Pokemon that will actively try to sudoku themselves, but for anything else it would be fine.

Actually. . .*checks Pokedex 3D Pro* Breed Foresight onto a Sneasel. Good luck getting out of that one, Ghost types, kek.

If the Pokemon is an issue, bringing a Ghost type or something with Damp depending on the exact problem might help.

I may not know too much deep stuff beyond the basics, but I can still think of precautions that could be taken.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just watched Haedox's new video and I've got to say.

How the heck is Federation Force more underrated than Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For that matter, why not use False Swipe or Hold Back? I forget when you get the TM for the former, but even if they want to Shiny Hunt right off the bat the event Munchlax has the latter right from the start. Sure it won't work against Ghost types and there's a few Pokemon that will actively try to sudoku themselves, but for anything else it would be fine.

Actually. . .*checks Pokedex 3D Pro* Breed Foresight onto a Sneasel. Good luck getting out of that one, Ghost types, kek.

If the Pokemon is an issue, bringing a Ghost type or something with Damp depending on the exact problem might help.

I may not know too much deep stuff beyond the basics, but I can still think of precautions that could be taken.
Yeah I know. This one guy knew that the shiny had final gambit, and did NOTHING to prepare for it or to increase his chance of catching it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just watched Haedox's new video and I've got to say.

How the heck is Federation Force more underrated than Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?
Because there's a couple dozen people that are actually willing to admit they like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

I haven't watched the video, I just thought about the question in my head and figured something with absolutely no fans would probably be more underrated than something with a handful of fans by default.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Same video has him mention Undertale was the best game of all time and it's his favorite title in 2016 (when said game came out last year).

So yeah, probably best not to take the frowning critic serious.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Undertale but I don't think I can place it in my top 10 even

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I enjoy Undertale myself. It's definitely one of my favorites, but I don't think it's my #1 favorite or "best" game. Certainly up there though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For me, the game is pleasantly surprising for an indie title of its type. Definitely has a lot more depth and mystery going for it when I compare it to say, Shovel Knight. But the latter at least keeps pumping out more content to this day.

Undertale is far from the best thing since sliced bread and I wouldn't personally put it in my Top Ten games of all time either. Still enjoyed my experience with all three routes regardless.

But Undyne the Undying and Genocide Sans should burn in hell for all I care.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Did anyone play Unravel? It looks pretty cool.
Never played it myself.

Though I can admit it looks like a very unique game. It's like a more expanded LittleBigPlanet, but with less focus on building worlds.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
For me, the game is pleasantly surprising for an indie title of its type. Definitely has a lot more depth and mystery going for it when I compare it to say, Shovel Knight. But the latter at least keeps pumping out more content to this day.

Undertale is far from the best thing since sliced bread and I wouldn't personally put it in my Top Ten games of all time either. Still enjoyed my experience with all three routes regardless.

But Undyne the Undying and Genocide Sans should burn in hell for all I care.
I was wondering because I was looking around the (worse than 360) Xbox One Store and saw it and it said something like "free with EA Access" and I actually considered getting a subscription to EA Access to get this game. Just to get this one game. Unravel is the only game I can say I thought about signing up to get.
Also, it would take a complex chart to explain my relationship with Undertale, even related to other games. But to put it simply:
Mother 3(Fav Game)>Mother 2 >Undertale >Mother 1
...I think.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I almost lost the battle tree because of Gliscor

2 of my team are weak against flying, and I didn't realize that when I made my team

The other was a choice user and had been using thunderbolt so I was forced to switch

I think he could have taken out gliscor though, he was using choice scarf so he'd definitely be faster

...I didn't have to though because my Kommo-o took him out

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whenever this 3DS finish uncharging, I'm just ready to get this Pokemon League over with.

These guys are much tougher compared to the XY Elite Four.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Battle tree strategy

when they are fighting me

Hm...He's -3 defense, I have a quarter life on my last pokemon, his attack deals 3/4 of my health in 1 hit, and he's faster than me

Better use a move that deals no damage!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I suck at rhythm games, so stuff like Undertale just would be frustrating for me to play. That said, still a cool game and I really do like the lore/etc. of it. I've watched multiple playthroughs. I also like the memes. My favorite has to be the crossover memes like Alolan Exuggotor.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I suck at rhythm games, so stuff like Undertale just would be frustrating for me to play. That said, still a cool game and I really do like the lore/etc. of it. I've watched multiple playthroughs. I also like the memes. My favorite has to be the crossover memes like Alolan Exuggotor.
It's not really a rhythm game, it's more like a mixture between an RPG and a bullet hell

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I finally pulled a (partial) sweep with Masquerain, one Quiver Dance and it becomes useful for once.
Those +20 SpA. and +20 Spe. buffs really worked

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My main thing I want to get is an assault vest

I have pokemon specifically made to use an assault vest but don't have it yet

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not really a rhythm game, it's more like a mixture between an RPG and a bullet hell
Gah, said the genre wrong. Anyway, I can't really enjoy reaction-based gameplay. If it's more trial and error(where you can memorize the pattern), it isn't that bad, but I've got hands that aren't the greatest, and get a bit too frustrated easily at stuff like this. I don't have the patience for it. I also feel that bullet hells are okay as long as you don't have to press a button at the perfect time(I don't mean simply pressing Jump either, as I'll explain in a moment). Sonic Unleashed's Tails sections required you to press a specific button at a specific time to dodge damage. I don't remember if it had a strict pattern in itself, but I do remember that it was not fun at all.

I can simply work with dodging. But getting the right button at the right time, especially when the buttons and randomized isn't fun for me at all. Rhythm games aren't really that much different from bullet hells when it comes to the skills needed. Perfect memorization(I have a bad short term memory) and reaction-based skills. Neither I'm good with when it comes to games. I can react decently for important stuff(like at work), but thinking on a dime for stuff like this is annoying. That said, this is also why I like slower rpg's like Pokemon. I like to think out my strategies instead of thinking on the spot. Does it actually do well for me? Nah. I'm terrible as a strategist. But I still enjoy it because I prefer to think out stuff overall. I like using my head. :)

Anyway, I have to watch a specific route on Undertale some time.
Genocide route

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I beat Red!

Why didn't he use Blastoise

Venusaur, Charizard, and Snorlax!

Whatever, I beat him regardless

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A friend that was checking my Pokémon team said that Golisopod reminded him of the Ictus species of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

brb renaming my Golisopod "Immortal Ictus"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized I don't have to keep going through the battle tree to get all the items

I can just create a "Power Save", buy an item, trade it to my other game, then restore the save and repeat!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guess who's the new champ of Alola?

And I owe it all to Metagross, Granbull, Incineroar, Electrivire, Crabominable, and Greninja (Who's not nerfed :troll:).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guess who's the new champ of Alola?

And I owe it all to Metagross, Granbull, Incineroar, Electrivire, Crabominable, and Greninja (Who's not nerfed :troll:).
My level 50 Xurkitree took out a level 50 metagross in 2 hits in the battle tree

First hit paralyzed it - It was fully paralyzed and left with only 1 HP, second hit KO'd it

Greninja may not be nerfed in stats, but he's certainly nerfed in appearance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Patches HeartGold for reasons
>Rom won't boot
>Tries it with SoulSilver
>Rom boots just fine
Smells like favoritism.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would I want to play SoulSilver when HeartGold has:
-Arcanine
-Donphan
-Kyogre
Plus the Whirlpool Islands are a pain to navigate through.
If I wanted to use Gen 3 pokemon I'd be playing Gen 3

Don't need Arcanine when you got Typhlosion

(Donphan sucks)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's fair

What if I want to use Feraligatr sometimes? I do prefer Typhlosion but I like variety

>120 for both Atk and Def
>A great offensive typing
Yeah sure.
Anything that can outspeed him *Not hard with 50 speed) and use a special attack probably can kill it

Water or grass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom