• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What does this mean? :(
They later said it was the port they heard the least about, so for now I think it means they just don't have as much they've been told about compared to the others and thus don't have as much to report. They didn't think characters were impossible, they just haven't heard enough to even know about that.

Luig

Confused
I'm curious as to what this means for any VC games that are on Wii and may be coming to Switch, but haven't made it to Wii U. I still haven't been able to upgrade several games due to their unavailability on the Wii U eShop in North America. Would I have to pay full price just to play those games on my Switch?
Considering that the Switch is using a completely different architecture than the gamecube, wii, and wii u, it couldn't just run off the switch's hardware natively. We know it's 99% likely it's a modified tegra x1, and we can see how well a tegra x1 does emulating wii games on the highly optimized dolphin emulator here.
I'm not sure if it is powerful enough to use wii games on the virtual console, but this is nintendo, and they have the actual blueprints to make an extremely optimized emulator that might get it to work.

old video lol

oh wait
I completely misunderstood
ignore me now
I thought you were talking about wii games like xenoblade being digital

that's what I get for skimming
I actually feel like an idiot

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm going to get this for everyone again.

Epicmartin7 said:
Hi Laura! Thanks for doing this. I just have a quick question.

Do you have any more info on the possible Smash 4 port coming to the Switch? And if you you, do you know the characters that possibly might be added into the game?

If you don't want to ruin the surprise, then is there at least new content coming to the game?
Laura Kate Dale said:
I have heard nothing on new characters, but I would hope for some personally. In terms of enhanced ports, it's the one I have heard the least about updates to.
Epicmartin7 said:
I know that one of the members from our Source Gaming crew pushed out a rumor he and Liam knew about for awhile saying there'd at least be 2 new characters.

So I guess there is still that hope then. And it does line-up with what people have been saying about very few additions to the game (including what you've said above.)

Anyways, thank you for the answer and I hope you have a great rest of the day :).
Seriously, I wouldn't read too much into the "Smash has very little content" thing, it doesn't seem like her sources have given her as much on it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Cuz not everyone has bought Smash for 3DS or Wii U...especially for Wii U...
But then again who's to say the Switch's user base would be that much bigger than the Wii U's that would warrant a port with no new content?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But then again who's to say the Switch's user base would be that much bigger than the Wii U's that would warrant a port with no new content?
Eh...

Depends...

Having a Smash port at launch is a pretty good thing to have for a new console launch.

D

Deleted member

Considering that the Switch is using a completely different architecture than the gamecube, wii, and wii u, it couldn't just run off the switch's hardware natively. We know it's 99% likely it's a modified tegra x1, and we can see how well a tegra x1 does emulating wii games on the highly optimized dolphin emulator here.
I'm not sure if it is powerful enough to use wii games on the virtual console, but this is nintendo, and they have the actual blueprints to make an extremely optimized emulator that might get it to work.

old video lol
...That's not what I meant. I was referring to being able to upgrade VC games from Wii to Switch without having to pay the full $4.99-9.99 price tag. I said nothing of VC ports of Wii games on the Switch.

Like I stated eariler, there are several VC games such as Smash 64 and Mario Kart 64 that I have on my Wii U's Wii mode that I haven't been able to upgrade to their respective Wii U VC versions due to their current unavailability on the North American Wii U eShop.

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
LauraKBuzz had an AMA on Reddit about the Switch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...m_laurakbuzz_nintendo_switch_leaker_and_full/

Lot's of interesting notes.

Things of interest.

• One brand new IP is coming to the Switch. From who is up in the air.
  • There will be a version under 300 bucks.
  • There will be one 32 GB entry model.
  • Two Third Party Exclusives at least. One being the Rabbid RPG.
  • VC will disappoint in terms of raw volume of titles.
  • Presentation will be 30-60 minutes.
  • Pokemon Stars has multiple leaks around it.
  • No idea what happened to Cloud, Corrin or Bayonetta amiibos.
  • She's heard about Acheivements of some sort, but she isn't sure what they are.
  • Expect to pay a small upgrade fee for VC again.... *groan*
  • No new accounts will be necessary if you set one up for Miitomo/Mario Run/ My Nintendo
  • Smash port seems minimal. Mario Kart port seems extensive.
  • She says it should be Region Free.
  • Has not heard anything about a Special Edition of Breath of the Wild.
  • Advanced Vibration is a thing.
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 is getting a teaser made.
  • Mother 3 rumors keep circling around but it never materializes.
  • Monolith Soft is working on something new, but has combat similar to Xenoblade and X? Xenoblade 3?
  • Retro is not working on Metroid
  • Bluetooth support
  • Multiple dev kits have been made. The rumored ones appear to be ones from July when the last one went out in October.
  • Miiverse might be back.
  • You should be able to get more docks after a while.
  • Analog triggers are things.
  • Ethernet capability
  • Don't expect Monster Hunter in the Presentation.
Lots of cool stuff.
A little correction, of the remaining 3 Smash amiibo, the one she doesn't know about is Corrin.

Luig

Confused
...That's not what I meant. I was referring to being able to upgrade VC games from Wii to Switch without having to pay the full $4.99-9.99 price tag. I said nothing of VC ports of Wii games on the Switch.

Like I stated eariler, there are several VC games such as Smash 64 and Mario Kart 64 that I have on my Wii U's Wii mode that I haven't been able to upgrade to their respective Wii U VC versions due to their current unavailability on the North American Wii U eShop.
yeah I know I edited my post lol

I accidentally skimmed through your post

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Eh...

Depends...

Having a Smash port at launch is a pretty good thing to have for a new console launch.
True though I don't see why anyone would be enticed with a straight up port a port with minor additions. They might as well just buy the 3DS version because that would me a much more price efficient purchase minus the HD.

And then you have pre-existing owners who wouldn't want to look at something they essentially already have themselves; myself included.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
True though I don't see why anyone would be enticed with a straight up port a port with minor additions. They might as well just buy the 3DS version because that would me a much more price efficient purchase minus the HD.

And then you have pre-existing owners who wouldn't want to look at something they essentially already have themselves; myself included.
It'd mainly be to appeal to the crowd that didn't buy either versions and are curious about the Switch.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

It's not just about enticing people, it's about putting Smash on the Switch...If they are looking at selling to a bigger crowd they need to make the game available to them...

"Here's our brand new home console you can take on the go! And it has Smash!"

Personally I think they should add new content, since it's been more than two years since it's initial release, but from a business stand point minimal content is better than nothing at all...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It'd mainly be to appeal to the crowd that didn't buy either versions and are curious about the Switch.
Yes but like I said before who's to say this particular user base will be much larger than the one the Wii U had? I mean yes it's very likely that it can happen but who's to say for sure? Will it even be a whole lot bigger than the Wii U's? And what if this user base wasn't even interested in Smash Bros that much?
It's not just about enticing people, it's about putting Smash on the Switch...If they are looking at selling to a bigger crowd they need to make the game available to them...

"Here's our brand new home console you can take on the go! And it has Smash!"

Personally I think they should add new content, since it's been more than two years since it's initial release, but from a business stand point minimal content is better than nothing at all...
See above point.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If y'all were in an rpg what kind of character would you want to be?

Medieval fantasy setting.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
what's up people.
I've been fortunate enough to get Skullgirls as a steam gift,and took a liking to this character. so she's my avi for the time being.
actually sitting down and learning a fighter with this style is tough. this game is reminiscent of Melty Blood to me. only its in english and I'm not mashing buttons for a combo.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
I watch plenty of Skullgirls gameplay videos. And enjoying story mode. Watch competitive streams (Like this year's Combo Breaker). Skullgirls got my interest for quite a while now.
My sister played Melty Blood before. I means this type of fighting game is nothing new, especially compre it to Street Fighter and Tekken. But Skullgirl's frame rate is just damn good and cartoony.
So who's your main in the game?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yes but like I said before who's to say this particular user base will be much larger than the one the Wii U had? I mean yes it's very likely that it can happen but who's to say for sure? Will it even be a whole lot bigger than the Wii U's? And what if this user base wasn't even interested in Smash Bros that much?

See above point.
Once again...It's about putting Smash on the Switch...just like Nintendo's going to be putting Mario Kart and Splatoon on the Switch...

We don't know how the Switch will sell compared to the Wii U, we also don't know how well it will sell compared to the PS4 and Xbone...
Nintendo can make their estimates, but in reality they also don't know either...they won't neglect adding something that can potentially sell well, and potentially push units, for fear that it won't...especially since there's so many Wii U games getting ported to other systems lately, such as Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World on the 3DS as well as Hyrule Warriors Legends earlier i the year...Smash is one of many titles that will likely get ported...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well yeah Gematsu was a thing but other than that Smash Bros has been leak free for the most part. Nothing from the DLC got leaked (apart from the Royu mishap that was on the devs) and if it weren't for Gematsu we wouldn't know anything about Smash 4's characters.

The ESRB leak was also a thing but that was pretty much at the end of the speculation cycle and we knew most of what was going to happen already. Nintendo is probably going to be very careful lending their content to ESRB going forward anyway so I doubt something like that would ever happen again.
Yeah Royu was a bit of bummer, imagine how would everyone react if Ryu wasn't leaked. He might get the same reactions as how we did with Cloud.
So the most fortunate was…
Cloud NOT getting leaked. No word of Cloud in Smash is really surprising. Not even people are willing to make good fake leaks of Cloud. Cloud's reveal was probably the best Smash4 character reveal ever.

Luig

Confused
Yeah Royu was a bit of bummer, imagine how would everyone react if Ryu wasn't leaked. He might get the same reactions as how we did with Cloud.
Cloud NOT getting leaked. No word of Cloud in Smash is really surprising. Not even people are willing to make good fake leaks of Cloud. Cloud's reveal was probably the best Smash4 character reveal ever.
I guess after how big the ryu and roy leak was nintendo's probably not gonna put folders of characters they're gonna put in the game anymore
:V

I still remember the day that the leak happened...

D

Deleted member

An "anime" swordsman, of course. Though one downside is if I ever make it into Smash, detractors would call me generic regardless of how unique my moveset is. I also can't forget those who'd mistake me for another Fire Emblem character.

Luig

Confused
An "anime" swordsman, of course. Though one downside is if I ever make it into Smash, detractors would call me generic regardless of how unique my moveset is. I also can't forget those who'd mistake me for another Fire Emblem character.
Don't forget that people that think you're just a photoshopped little mac

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I were in an rpg I'd definitely be a shaman/druid character with all the dark magic, and it'd be funny cause I'd totally be out of character to a dark mage when I'm giggling and joking and all that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, glad to see Gurumin runs.

This game is just adorable. Seems fun so far. The soundtrack is excellent, as I'd expect from Falcom.

Parin4Smash

Ivander

Smash Legend
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Took me a long time, but I finally got Yeti Winston from a Lootbox! Yes! Yes!

Now to get Torb and Zenyatta...:tired:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm repeating my mistakes by staying up all night again.
Say, does anyone have access to Photoshop? Because I'd appriciate it if someone added a party hat to this picture of Chandelure:
It'd make a GREAT birthday avi
Pff, Photoshop? Who needs that? I've got Manga Studios right here.

I. . .kept the hat for personal purposes, so I happened to have it on hand.

Does this work?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Once again...It's about putting Smash on the Switch...just like Nintendo's going to be putting Mario Kart and Splatoon on the Switch...

We don't know how the Switch will sell compared to the Wii U, we also don't know how well it will sell compared to the PS4 and Xbone...
Nintendo can make their estimates, but in reality they also don't know either...they won't neglect adding something that can potentially sell well, and potentially push units, for fear that it won't...especially since there's so many Wii U games getting ported to other systems lately, such as Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World on the 3DS as well as Hyrule Warriors Legends earlier i the year...Smash is one of many titles that will likely get ported...
It's just a massive waste of time IMO if there's no new content added in for the reasons I mentioned prior. Don't have much to say beyond that.
If I could somehow change the course of history I would have Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta leaked back when the September patch hit (the one with the Mario Maker stage). As cool as it was to see Cloud not leaked, I would have much rather had Roy and Ryu be the surprises. Roy, my most requested vet and Ryu, the icon of fighting games. That and knowing what would happen in the December Direct would have been a whole lot easier for me to take in going forward.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I got someone to shiny hunt by saying that normal shinies are worthless and competitive shinies hunted with synchronize/ breed to perfection are superior to normal, plebeian competitive pokemon

D

Deleted member

Pff, Photoshop? Who needs that? I've got Manga Studios right here.

I. . .kept the hat for personal purposes, so I happened to have it on hand.

Does this work?
Th... This...
It's better than anything I've imagined. Thank you so much for this!
I'm going to use this as my Avi, if you don't mind.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Alchemest. Special potions and element attack with items.

Ranger would be a close second. Bow, speed, and trick shots.

Been playing some pokemon
Everyone else has been doing journals so I guess I will as well
Spearow must be the worst ****ing pokemon ever. Attacking in the anime and now attacking in game. Evil little ****s.
been loving some of the games animations but I dont like how slow some of this stuff is.
Gonna be using more than 6 because of EXP share. no idea how many tho

Picked Litten because of course I did
Caught a Pichu I named Rai Mysterio because it came to me all of a sudden. Will be one of my big 6. Plz get friendship points faster.
Caught Ledyba and grubbin too but not really using them yet.

Feel like i've been in a long tutorial this whole time but it seems to be starting to accelerate.

Had a makuhita appear from some moving grass which really surprised me. Caught him because I always loved makuhita.

"I've already got self-esteem issues"

Team Skull are absolutely going to be my favorite team by the end of this

Tapu Cocoa is the best drink name ever.

Poke Finder makes me miss pokemon snap even more
:061:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
In a surprisingly lucky stroke of events, my friend and I actually managed to find 2 NES Classic Minis at a Walmart that was way out of town, so we each got our own.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Got caught up with JoJo.
I did not expect to see Johnathon die that quickly, though to be honest, I'm liking Joesph a lot more.

Remember when I said how I didn't like Speedwagon? Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. :troll:

D

Deleted member

LauraKBuzz had an AMA on Reddit about the Switch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...m_laurakbuzz_nintendo_switch_leaker_and_full/

Lot's of interesting notes.

Things of interest.

• One brand new IP is coming to the Switch. From who is up in the air.
  • There will be a version under 300 bucks.
  • There will be one 32 GB entry model.
  • Two Third Party Exclusives at least. One being the Rabbid RPG.
  • VC will disappoint in terms of raw volume of titles.
  • Presentation will be 30-60 minutes.
  • Pokemon Stars has multiple leaks around it.
  • No idea what happened to Cloud, Corrin or Bayonetta amiibos.
  • She's heard about Acheivements of some sort, but she isn't sure what they are.
  • Expect to pay a small upgrade fee for VC again.... *groan*
  • No new accounts will be necessary if you set one up for Miitomo/Mario Run/ My Nintendo
  • Smash port seems minimal. Mario Kart port seems extensive.
  • She says it should be Region Free.
  • Has not heard anything about a Special Edition of Breath of the Wild.
  • Advanced Vibration is a thing.
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 is getting a teaser made.
  • Mother 3 rumors keep circling around but it never materializes.
  • Monolith Soft is working on something new, but has combat similar to Xenoblade and X? Xenoblade 3?
  • Retro is not working on Metroid
  • Bluetooth support
  • Multiple dev kits have been made. The rumored ones appear to be ones from July when the last one went out in October.
  • Miiverse might be back.
  • You should be able to get more docks after a while.
  • Analog triggers are things.
  • Ethernet capability
  • Don't expect Monster Hunter in the Presentation.
Lots of cool stuff.
These are my thoughts on some of them.
  • If there indeed is a cheaper SKU that sells less than $300, I'd have to see what the storage capacity is. I'd be fine with a 32 GB variant serving as such SKU. I doubt the Dock would be omitted with this SKU.
  • It would be cool to see if emulation is on the same level as, or surpasses the NES Mini. I wouldn't mind small upgrade fees for Virtual Console just like those from Wii to Wii U, nor do I mind it much if the lineup ends up being "disappointing."
  • Most video game-related conferences have lasted around an hour or so, so 60 minutes wouldn't be too surprising. I'm not expecting 30 minutes.
  • I can only think of My Nintendo-based achievements. You just play a game and earn points from doing so, just like Kimishima stated here.
  • I don't think yet another new account system is needed, so simply using the general, master Nintendo Accounts makes sense here. Though I don't know if they'll simply absorb existing NNIDs and replace them with normal Nintendo Accounts in the future.
  • I've always been expecting the Smash Bros. port to be very lackluster in regards to new content, so if true, there's not much to see over there. Should they not release earlier in the year, I'd say the remaining three amiibo would be released with the port. An extensive Mario Kart 8 port sounds good though.
  • The system being region-free once again lines up with previous rumors, so that's pretty much a given.
  • I suppose the only things that would likely need Bluetooth to function are the Joy-Con controllers.
  • It wouldn't be a surprise for Miiverse to come back for future systems like the Switch as Iwata had already indicated that in 2012.
  • "Advanced vibration" should line up with previous rumors before the system got revealed. Analog ZL and ZR buttons seem cool.

I would probably wind up being the Priest or white mage

Always been the guy to support others and it fits my nonathletic body

Although since this is "want" I wouldn't mind being a Paladin or something like that to support while also not getting insta-gibbed lol
:061:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Medieval. It's fantasy also but that's probably obvious.
Id like to be a Jack-of-All Trades. A well balanced character who can be adjusted to become several other types of characters, such as a knight or a mage.
Forgot that thing was even around
And for good reasons too, Nintendo hasnt said much about them and they are still under stocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom