• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally got all the synchronize natures, including absolutely useless ones like Hardy, which took forever to get

Most of them have near perfect IV's as well, because I got them all through breeding

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Holy, that sounds really good

I actually have a pet snake as well:denzel:
Lost many friends because of him too, their loss, he is a really cute and gentle Ball Python
Who stops being friends with someone because they have a pet snake?

I do admittedly have a bit of a soft spot for certain kinds of reptiles that most people don't seem to. I'd probably be looking at him more than the bunny.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I care too much about what Ball the pokemon is in

Going all the way back to find a female grimer, to mate with my male grimer to pass on the ball and my male grimer's personality

Then breed it with my ditto to get one with a good IV's

Then breed that one with my Korean Mimikyu with good IV's to produce a shiny grimer in a dusk ball with adamant nature, relatively good IV's and Shadow Sneak

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Who stops being friends with someone because they have a pet snake?

I do admittedly have a bit of a soft spot for certain kinds of reptiles that most people don't seem to. I'd probably be looking at him more than the bunny.
long story short
They were christian. she found out I had a snake and stopped coming over and stopped talking to me

If a one snake is enough to stop being friends with a childhood friend, then they weren't really a friend. I got friends that dont care I have a snake now anyway

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You sure? Well eh dont get it. I just use whatever ball works
I traded my porygon's in beast balls for every single one of the Ultra Beasts

People care about the balls

Also why I caught my shiny magnemite with a heavy ball, and you only get 1 heavy ball

Also why I traded a legendary for a geodude in a heavy ball so I could breed other geodude's with heavy balls

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I traded my porygon's in beast balls for every single one of the Ultra Beasts

People care about the balls

Also why I caught my shiny magnemite with a heavy ball, and you only get 1 heavy ball

Also why I traded a legendary for a geodude in a heavy ball so I could breed other geodude's with heavy balls
I still dont really understand why they matter so much but alright

If it had added affects like that Luxury ball sure

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
long story short
They were christian. she found out I had a snake and stopped coming over and stopped talking to me

If a one snake is enough to stop being friends with a childhood fried, then they weren't really a friend. I got friends that dont care I have a snake now anyway
I'm Christian, and I don't get that.

One snake does something really bad, the rest of 'em end up paying for it. That doesn't mean all snakes are inherently evil, that just means one jerk messed the rest over. If snakes were so blindingly evil that they were some kind of affront to God, then what was that whole business in Egypt with Moses one-upping everyone else's snake staff shenanigans via God's blessing? Heck, why would snakes even be allowed on the Ark if that was the case, especially since that was a whole "purging the evil from the world" thing?

Snakes don't get the best rap in the Bible, but I never thought of it as meaning that snakes were inherently evil, just that there's some bad individuals out there that just happened to be snakes.

But maybe I just didn't read my Bible enough or something. *shrug*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
long story short

If a one snake is enough to stop being friends with a childhood friend, then they weren't really a friend. I got friends that dont care I have a snake now anyway
As a Christian, their behavior baffles me. We are supposed to protect and love all of God's creatures.

On another note, when I worked at a zoo, the nicest animals to work with were the ball pythons. They smelled a bit but they were very calm and like me well enough. They always tried to climb in my shirt though cause it was warm in there.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

One snake does something really bad, the rest of 'em end up paying for it. That doesn't mean all snakes are inherently evil, that just means one jerk messed the rest over. If snakes were so blindingly evil that they were some kind of affront to God, then what was that whole business in Egypt with Moses one-upping everyone else's snake staff shenanigans via God's blessing? Heck, why would snakes even be allowed on the Ark if that was the case, especially since that was a whole "purging the evil from the world" thing?

Snakes don't get the best rap in the Bible, but I never thought of it as meaning that snakes were inherently evil, just that there's some bad individuals out there that just happened to be snakes.

Spoiler alert: It wasn't a snake.

"Snake" in Ancient Hebrew also means "Shining One". Like an angel of light.

The curse deals with the "Shining One" as if it were a "Snake".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon S/M & Anime spoilers

Let alone is this picture alone wrenching for anyone who's played through the games' story.
But look at one detail.
Lusamine's dress, half white and half black.
This is the old Aether.
This is pre-Nihilego Lusamine.
This is Mohn taking the photo.
This is the family all together.
This is before her obsession with UBs and Beauty.
That's insane.... I'll be honest, I didn't think they'd do it exactly the same, but this is great. I thought Lillie wouldn't be related to them. The mansion gave me hope though.

The anime should get pretty good.

So the Pokemon Prism hack got leaked LOL I'm gonna have some fun with this thing.

In other news

It's ya boy (literally) Guzma.
What is this and where is it from?
Conspiracy time.

Lillipup is the only one there who isn't on Lusamine's in game team in some form. That's because she abandoned it when it was no longer beautiful.

The old, unkempt Stoutland in the forest mansion last episode was abandoned by Lusamine, which is why Litten helps take care of it now. Because it was raised in a rich and spoiled environment before being abandoned, it no longer knows how to hunt.
That would be so sad but such a good story to work with. I hope it happens now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Let me tell you about how adorable our snake is

When we first got him, he would starts to lift up and look tword the top of the cage. on day i was getting food andd I heard a thump. Turns out he freaking fell over in the cage and was laying on his side
As a Christian, their behavior baffles me. We are supposed to protect and love all of God's creatures.

On another note, when I worked at a zoo, the nicest animals to work with were the ball pythons. They smelled a bit but they were very calm and like me well enough. They always tried to climb in my shirt though cause it was warm in there.
Ours did that to my sister once lol. We put him under some water once and he wagged his tail, I aint lyin. This little, well, not so little, guy is adorable
Pokemon S/M & Anime spoilers

Let alone is this picture alone wrenching for anyone who's played through the games' story.
But look at one detail.
Lusamine's dress, half white and half black.
This is the old Aether.
This is pre-Nihilego Lusamine.
This is Mohn taking the photo.
This is the family all together.
This is before her obsession with UBs and Beauty.
Aaaaaa Gladio is adorablle

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just watched the newest episode of Sun and Moon.

Oh man, things got pretty interesting, and if I had to be honest, this was my favorite episode in the season so far.

Fair warning that I WILL be spoiling the Sun and Moon games' plot with this first part of the review.

I'm just going to start off with the most interesting moment/the highlight in this episode: the picture.

After setting the egg on the couch in Lillie's room, Ash notices this picture of Lillie with her mother, Lusamine, and her brother, Gladion. It's interesting to see the anime reveal a massive spoiler this early into the show, and it basically confirms Ash will be meeting Gladion and Lusamine at some point in the anime.

But what I really want to talk about is the dialogue Ash has with Lillie and James, Lillie's butler (yes, he is named James), regarding this picture. You can watch this scene in the video below (the video will start right at the scene I'm talking about).

Translation of the dialogue:

Lillie: "What is it?"
Ash: "Is the little girl in this photo... Lillie? *Lillie says yes* She is touching Pokemon." *Lillie affirms Ash's comment*
James: "Yes, when she was little Lillie used to love Pokemon and played with them all the time."
Ash: "What do you mean?"
Lillie: "I… I don’t remember."
Ash: "You don't remember?"
James: "It happened when Lillie went on a trip with her mother. When she came back, she was afraid of Pokemon and became unable to touch them…"

Source for where I got the translation

This conversations was really interesting. We learn that there was a time Lillie loved to play with Pokemon. However, she developed her fear of Pokemon (or more specifically, touching Pokemon) during a trip she went on with her mother, and Lillie's memory of that time is hazy.

This reveal begs so many questions! What was the context of this trip? What happened during that trip that made Lillie develop the fear she has now? If the games are anything to go by, was Lusamine involved in all of this? If so, what did Lusamine specifically do to Lillie during the trip that instilled this Poke-phobia into her own daughter?

What do I think of this right now? Personally, I think Lusamine was definitely a major reason why Lillie developed that Pokemon fear. Just thinking about what we learn regarding Lusamine in the games is enough to make me think that. This trip probably happened after Lusamine got corrupted, and she probably used Pokemon in some sort of way to intimidate Lillie. The only question now is how did Lusamine carry out this intimidation and what Pokemon she used. Perhaps she introduced Lillie to Nihilego and the Ultra Beasts, and Lillie became so scared of that encounter that she developed the Poke-phobia she has now (Ultra Beasts can be pretty scary after all, and knowing their powers, it's even possible they played a roll in giving Lillie those hazy memories of the incident).

If Lusamine didn't introduce Lillie to the Ultra Beasts during that trip, maybe she abused Lillie using Pokemon in some way (one possible scenario was that Lusamine brutally lashed out at her daughter for something she did). This second possibility is a headcannon of mine, though if the anime will incorporate elements from the games much like past series, I think the former outcome could be the stronger possibility.

Some additional notes regarding the picture:

There's no doubt this picture was taken before Lusamine got corrupted. Lillie and Gladion genuinely look happy in the photo. If their smiles looked fake, you could obviously tell they were first forced to smile (probably to hide something regarding their mother), but here, they don't looked like they had to smile just for the photo. It's surprising that Mohn doesn't appear when this was supposed to the family photo though, and we now Lusamine's madness began when her husband disappeared into the Ultra Space.

Ash was also informed that the boy in this picture is Lillie's brother. Knowing this, I can't wait to see Ash's reaction when he first meets Gladion. He will probably expect Gladion to be a really friendly dude based on the photo, but then he will probably react with shock when he learns Gladion has become Mr. Edgelord.

Now onto part 2 that explores other elements in the episode. This part does not contain the S/M game's story spoilers.

That egg that Ash gave to Samson Oak is definitely the normal Vulpix. There is no doubt the egg Lillie received was Alola Vulpix since promotional material showed the Pokemon standing beside her, and the egg Professor Oak delivered to his cousin has the same red-orange color that normal Vulpix has upon closer inspection. Something tells me that Professor Oak gave this normal Vulpix egg to Samson because the latter wants to study Alola forms by comparing the normal Vulpix with its Alola variant, but the eggs haven't hatched yet, so he wants one of his students to do it for him first.

Lillie actually undergoes some decent character development in this episode. When she was first given the task to take care of the egg, she freaks out when the egg moves while attempting to touch iit due to her Poke-phobia. While staying at Lillie's mansion, Ash tries to encourage her to touch the egg by having her attempt to pet Pikachu and Rowlet, but both end in failures (Pikachu suddenly jumps his head onto Lillie's hand out of excitement, while Rowlet wakes up from its sleep and freaks out when Lillie tried to approach her).

Then comes the Salandit scene near the end of the episode. A Salandit was following Lillie around the mansion behind her back, very likely because it was attracted to the egg. It eventually infiltrates into Lillie's room, and Lillie freaks out and does all she can to protect the egg from it. In fact, she actually throws herself onto the egg and covers it. Salandit then appears right in front of Lillie, and Ash and James, Lillie's butler, arrive in the nick of time to save Lillie and the egg. Both work together to scare the Salandit away. Afterwards, we get this adorable shot:

Lillie is hugging the egg with pure content. At the beginning of the episode, Lillie struggled at attempting to touch the egg, but now here she is hugging the egg like its precious child.

Although she hugs the egg, she still screamed when Pikachu tried to get close to her. Thus, she hasn't completely outgrown her Poke-phobia yet, but the way I see it, I still think Lillie developed as a character. She can now hug eggs without any fear overwhelming her, so I think this is a good gateway into overcoming that Poke-phobia of hers. It's nice to see that anime might allow Lillie to develop out of her Poke-phobia.

And she does know how to approach certain Pokemon too. There's a moment in the episode where a Butterfree drops by the mansion. Ash is surprised to see it, and Lillie & her butler explain that Buutterfree drop by at the mansion every now and then. Lillie remembers that they always have some Pokemon food prepared for it, so she reaches into the drawer in her room, finds it, and then feeds it to the Butterfree. Lillie doesn't scream during the duration of this scene, but you could say it's also because she's familiar with Butterfrees and feels content with them. This makes me think there are certain Pokemon may not be necessarily afraid of. She's probably afraid of most of them, with a few minor exceptions (Butterfree being among them).

James was a pretty enjoyable character too. He does a decent job introducing Lillie's home to Ash (especially when he told Ash about how Lillie's fear of Pokemon came about), and he can be a pretty energetic fella' during battles. He's also a moved-to-tears kind of character, but it was mostly done for humor (such as when he apologized to Mallow after Ash's Rowlet accidentally landed on Mallow after being knocked away by his Oricorio's Double-slap, or towards the end of the episode when he was moved to tears when he saw Lillie holding the egg).

The battle between Ash and James was pretty good too. Ash decides to use Rowlet over Pikachu because he wants to give the former some battle experience, and James uses his Pom-Pom Style Oricorio against him. Oricorio turned out to be a pretty formidable opponent with its use of Mirror Move to counter Rowlet's Tackle and later on using the combination of Teeter Dance and Doubleslap to overwhelm it for the KO. Yes, Ash lost this battle, but then again, Rowlet is still a newbie when it comes to battles and has a lot to win. I'm sure it will make a rocking Decidueye later on in the anime.

Rowlet does make up for that loss against James's Oricorio by delivering the final blow on that Salandit in this awesome scene:

Take notes, Captain Falcon. THIS is how you do a Falcon Kick!

Overall, I think this was the best episode of the anime we had so far. We learn more about Lillie with new mysteries being raised, as well as some small but nice character development coming from her. The action during the battles was pretty good too. I guess my only qualms with the episode was the beginning with Togedemaru, as I think that scene was dragged out for a bit too long, and Mallow could've done a bit more in the episode for someone who showed up at the mansion.

The next episode won't come out until two weeks from now, but it's looking to be another good one. Ash will be undergoing his first Island Trial. He will be fighting Totem Gumshoos, and he will also meet Hala for the first time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let me tell you about how adorable our snake is

When we first got him, he would starts to lift up and look tword the top of the cage. on day i was getting food andd I heard a thump. Turns out he freaking fell over in the cage and was laying on his side

Ours did that to my sister once lol. We put him under some water once and he wagged his tail, I aint lyin. This little, well, not so little, guy is adorable

Aaaaaa Gladio is adorablle
I'm feeling the cuteness even just from the text. I'm smiling a bit just imagining it.

*thoomp*

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I somehow logged out, trying to remember my damn password was fun.
Happened to me as well.
Yep, same
Oh, so it wasn't just me
'Seem some peoples was forced to log out, good thing I wasn't alone.:4rob:
One more for the got-logged-out conga line.

Maybe SB changed the way they handle their cookies.

What do you think is a good christmas gift for a pet Rabbit?
Strawberries are the first thing that came to mind for me.

Could split a carton and have some quality time with it as a bonus.

long story short

Well that's dumb.

Even if you're really trying hard for that sky-grampa approval and rejecting the Genesis serpent or something I think the fact they haven't been stricken from the earth means they got a pass.

Side note. Do you boop it? Playgroup curiosity, passing it along.

geodude's with heavy balls
And then the most amusing image I'll have in my head today happened.

People remember what they want to remember about a story.

Someone who didn't catch that the moral conundrum was an idea or concept as opposed to a serpent probably needs to rethink a multitude of their religious points anyway, but if this was a young enough child at the time maybe they've grown out of it.

Or maybe they haven't. Fifty-fifty. Point is snakes are fine.

Spoiler alert: It wasn't a snake.

"Snake" in Ancient Hebrew also means "Shining One". Like an angel of light.

The curse deals with the "Shining One" as if it were a "Snake".
Interesting.

Duly noted.

"Mommy why is that ivysaur sniffing the snakes?"
"Don't look at him Timothy"
ivysaur_sniff.png

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Started playing Nihilumbra as my christmas game.

Its a very neat indie platformer with some deep words but the narrator talks too much, and I'm only 30 mins into the game.

The colour mechanic is quite good. Also, breaking boxes which will respawn is a unique puzzle element I never experienced before. Since you can only push in one direction, yet cant get passed it you need to push it into a wall to break it. Then it respawns and you can push it in the right direction. Simple but cool.

Excited to see what the other colours will do. Blue (ice) makes you/enemies go faster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Question: How much would you guys recommend Mighty Switch Force, DK64 or Mega Man Battle Network 1?
Just like the classic series, Mega Man Battle Network 1 is a decent game, but 2 and 3 are better. It's still worth going through though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One more for the got-logged-out conga line.

Maybe SB changed the way they handle their cookies.

Strawberries are the first thing that came to mind for me.

Could split a carton and have some quality time with it as a bonus.

Well that's dumb.

Even if you're really trying hard for that sky-grampa approval and rejecting the Genesis serpent or something I think the fact they haven't been stricken from the earth means they got a pass.

And then the most amusing image I'll have in my head today happened.

People remember what they want to remember about a story.

Someone who didn't catch that the moral conundrum was an idea or concept as opposed to a serpent probably needs to rethink a multitude of their religious points anyway, but if this was a young enough child at the time maybe they've grown out of it.

Or maybe they haven't. Fifty-fifty. Point is snakes are fine.

Interesting.

Duly noted.

View attachment 123198
Chiming in to say I, too, was logged out.

Maybe @Warchamp7 knows.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh joy, snakes....

Anyway, don't see why a Christian person would stop being friends just because of a snake. But I can't stand snakes and are truly one of the few creatures I am terrified of, ever since one of our cats brought me a present(she actually did love bringing me presents in many forms) that was still alive, moving and twitching and was on my bed. And ever since then, I've been absolutely terrified at touching or even getting near one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If we're doing a tally of who was logged out when they first got on today, add me to the list.

I thought it was odd, but after that I thought nothing of it until everyone else started speaking up.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Smashboard is so hype for christmas that the servor can't keep up. So everyone need to log out once so that the servor know who will be here or not.
But hey! That's just a theory! A GAME-
*get shot*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Do I boop the snake? Yep, when has been fed of course, then we handle him, he is a gentle guy with the cutist little face

I love animals to death, at lease, we they dont wrong me like the street cats peeing on out AC in out backyard

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nintenzone Social 4 - "Yes, we got logged out too"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a secret ending in FNAF Sister Location Custom Nights

For beating "Golden Freddy" mode, which I don't think anyone has done legitimately yet

It's odd

It starts off with a character introducing himself as "Michael"

And talks about how the soul that inhabited baby is free now

The talks about how, for some reason, he can't die

Then, at the end, it shows Springtrap

Apparently Springtrap is no William afton, but another character named "Michael"

I wonder if anyone named "Michael" or "Mike" is part of the series.

Well, that scene is this "Michael" talking as if to his father, you get the impression the father is already dead.

I think this "Michael" is the son of William Afton

He's the purple guy we know, and he's springtrap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom