• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

With all this talk about the Switch, I might as well post a Straw Poll on past Nintendo systems. Even if most of you vote for the GameCube, I'm also curious as to what you have to say, such as listing your favorite games and features.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11931926

D

Deleted member

Does Weedpole get a flying subtype. So it can get real high
I see what you did there.
Luckily, the Pundertaker is here to get some good names for you

Shoalfin
Tadalily
Infearno
These are way better than the names I gave them. I'll use these, if you don't mind.
Here's a question for the Pokemon fans here:

What is your opinion of Lillie, and where would you rank her in terms of your favorite characters in the main series?

Be sure to leave your response in a spoilers tag in case you are going to discuss spoilers from the game.

Here are my thoughts on her:

Definitely my favorite character not just in Sun and Moon, but also the entire franchise. I think she undergoes really amazing character development from start to finish. She starts out timid, but she goes stronger as a person over the course of the game. Her development really shows in the Poni Island portion of the story, where she undergoes her own trial by crossing the bridge, but her character ultimately peaks when she confronts her mom in the Ultra Space. Back in Aether Paradise, Lillie confronted Lusamine with a rather weak attitude and let her mother continue to intimidate her, but when they meet again in Ultra Space, Lillie confronts her with a strong will and an "I'm-completely-fed-up-with-you" attitude.

I also liked how her design change reflected her character growth. The hat she wore symbolized her oppression by Lusamine, who forced Lillie to dress up the way she does at the start of the game due to Lusamine's obsession with Nihilego. While wearing what Lusamine forced her to wear, Lillie was a timid individual. Once she dresses up her own way, Lillie becomes much more confident in whatever she does.

Lillie's goodbye at the end of the game was a really sad moment due to the development she had and the impact she left on me as a character.

If I had to rank her compared to other characters in the series, I rate her as my top favorite. OR/AS Wally comes after her, followed by N, followed by Steven Stone, then followed by Looker.

I was going to turn this question into a poll at first, but then I thought it would be better to just leave it as a simple question.
I could go on for hours about how great of a character I think Lillie is, but it has already been said by alot of people.
Also @n8han11 please use a spoiler tag in your post.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
With all this talk about the Switch, I might as well post a Straw Poll on past Nintendo systems. Even if most of you vote for the GameCube, I'm also curious as to what you have to say, such as listing your favorite games and features.

The Gamecube brought me so many of my favourite titles I just can't pick anything else...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I think it'd be interesting if people gave their age and their first console as well.

We might spy a trend.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Once again, I cant pick a " All of the above" option

I like more then one of those console

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Everyone knows the one and only answer.

Even if you don't pick it, you know it to be true.

D

Deleted member

I think it'd be interesting if people gave their age and their first console as well.

We might spy a trend.
I voted Wii, and this is coming from someone whose first Nintendo system was the GBA, and who had prior experience with either playing or at least being exposed to the NES, N64, and OG Game Boy. The first system I ever owned period was the PS1.

Just out of all the Nintendo systems I played, I have the most fond memories with the GameCube and Wii. I picked Wii because it was fully backwards compatible with GameCube games on top of having some gems of its own (though a massive chunk of the library was shovelware, admittedly) and the huge selection of Virtual Console games.

Honorable Mentions: SNES, GameCube, Wii U, 3DS

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: LOL, joke on me

(It makes no sense out of context)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, just when I think I have a strategy to catch Xurkitree

He has electric terrain too.

Damn, they don't want him to be caught
Just throw a beast ball.

The catch rate on them is stupidly high. I caught most ultra beast at full HP with just one ball.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just throw a beast ball.

The catch rate on them is stupidly high. I caught most ultra beast at full HP with just one ball.
I guess that does work

Now if only synchronize would work

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ya Beast Guzma actually has a low catch rate (30), so it is capable to escape from a ball or two, even with low health.

: 45
: 25
: 255
: 30
: 15

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Although I do play some other systems more, the n64 is easily my favorite system. Handheld-wise, the 3DS easily wins simply for the immense options it has. Even if I play some other handhelds more on average, it just is sooooo well-made. Albeit, the control stick is a bit iffy design, namely how easy your thumb can slip off it if you get a little sweaty.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://www.strawpoll.me/11931926/r

GC - 4 votes
Wii - 2 votes
3DS - 2 votes
SNES - 1 vote
N64 - 1 vote

Yeah, I knew it would look something like this. The only thing that surprises me is the lack of any joke votes for the Virtual Boy. :p
I "Skipped" THe gamecube era. It was the same time as Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire

I kinda fell out of video games then

I did play Gamecube, but only because my family had one. I didn't really buy any games

However, the one game I did buy was Melee, and I did play that quite a bit

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I went with Super Nintendo, with Gamecube and Nintendo DS tied for 2nd. The 4th Gen of Gaming(SNES/Genesis/PC-Engine) was where I first started and has a gold mine of many enjoyable games of varying Genres and themes that I played over and over.
That being said, I feel like Gamecube and the Nintendo DS deserve 2nd for their great collection of games. Even if Gamecube wasn't favored, IMO, it had so many enjoyable games of different varieties, much like the 4th Gen Era and combined with the PS2, gave me many memorable experiences.
The same could be said for the DS, but unlike the Gamecube, the DS actually got the backup of other companies and much like the Gamecube and PS2, IMO, it was where many great games and series came out and they were very enjoyable and memorable.

With the Gamecube, PS2 and Nintendo DS(and to a lesser extent, PSP), it really is the Gen that I believe is where many companies were at their peak. Nowadays.......it's rather depressing, seeing them where they are now. And even where there are great games still being released, the money intent behind them has become more obvious compared to back then. Not in a sense of "Them companies always be after yer wallets, mate.", but in a sense of "Didn't look like they were trying too much with this part, were they?" But then again, that could just be the stigma from having the Internet expanded a lot since then.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ya Beast Guzma actually has a low catch rate (30), so it is capable to escape from a ball or two, even with low health.

: 45
: 30
: 15
Beast Balls must have an insanely high catch rate then, because I've been trying to get a Timid one, and I've caught multiple in a row with just 1 or 2 beast balls. No damage

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I was gonna vote Gamecube for being the first system I own, and for me liking the games a lot. Though I figured it'd be in the lead. But I went with SNES, since I think the games are more iconic and influential. There's a lot of games that owe things like Super Metroid, Mega Man X-X3, DKC 1-3, Mario World, A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger for design ideas and mechanics. And that's just a handful of titles.

Gamecube is an extremely close second for me, for the reasons mentioned above. NES, GBA and DS are also top tier when it comes to choices for games.

D

Deleted member

Ironically, despite the fact that I voted for the Wii, I currently play most of my Wii games on my Wii U, and my original Wii has become that machine I use to play GameCube games in 480p and Project M with a GameCube controller.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A very late response to a question from a few days ago but choosing my favourite pokemon is like choosing between 50 of my precious children, you feel bad for not choosing several dozen of them but when you're making a list with only ten spots you have no choice but to axe a bunch of awesome mons...

I feel like it's too early still into Sun and Moon since I'll have some bias for some of the mons introduced while other Pokemon I like I haven't experienced for a while and relevance may have played a part in some of them dropping off....

But for the time being this is what my Top Ten Favourite Pokemon are looking like...

10-Sharpedo
This is kind of a surprising pick, but honestly I just love sharks. Sharpedo is just an awesome Pokemon. Also Sharpedo Jet Skis!!!!

9-Alola Ninetales
I always 'liked' Ninetales but with this brand new form I now 'love' Ninetales...It's like this is what Ninetales was meant to be, it always felt like such a mystical pokemon as it was but as an Ice/Fairy it just takes a whole new level...It's so beautiful and majestic

8-Vikavolt
It's pretty surprising to me that an electric type is in my Top ten favourites, but Vikavolt is a definite outlier. (I don't dislike Electric but I almost never use them in game) Competitively Vikavolt is...mediocre, but I don't care it's such an awesome pokemon! It's design is great and it's typing paired with it's ability is great! I just love it!

7-Heracross
Heracross served as a solid regular on many of my teams throughout Gens II and III and even a few playthroughs in Gen IV, I took the time running around for days and days slathering trees with honey to get Heracross in Sinnoh. This bug is a beast!

6-Haxorus
People can say all the bad things about Unova they want, but that region gave us this monster!! X and Y made dragon mono-types extremely easy as Axew is the first possible dragon type you can acquire in the game and Haxorus was easily the mvp in that game as it was the best Pokemon to use against Fairy types as it can learn both Poison Jab and Earthquake to deal with all Fairy types. Also I WANT MY DRAGON/STEEL MEGA HAXORUS GAMEFREAK!!!

5-Scizor
Actually having a pokemon buddy back in the day while I had Crystal and he had Silver. I managed to get myself a Scizor (unfortunately only for post-game since I wasn't aware of Theif and Hold Items) but Scizor was an instant mainstay on my team. It has an amazing design and a great typing and is a competitive monster! It's mega form is one of my go-tos in OU play and one of my favourite Megas. Was also the second pokemon I naturally raised to level 100 in a pokemon game.

4-Sableye
Unfortunately I played Ruby back in the day...I thought Sableye was a pretty cool pokemon back then but I was never able to use it. But then X and Y happened and was able to use it finally, I loved using this little goblin as well as it's really neat animations, the swaying hips, the twitching and it's nasty ass grin. Then I had my first taste of competitive battling. Prankster Sableye is a monster and being able to shut down entire teams with nothing but this little purple goblin with a **** eating grin on it's face as it keeps taunting all the T-tars and Garchomps and chucking Will-o-Wisps.

3-Rayquaza
By far my favourite Legendary Pokemon! Easily has my favourite Mega form which has, IMO, one of the strongest designs out of all of the pokemon. The Delta Episode in ORAS has really boosted how much I love this pokemon! Also there's no other opportunity in any pokemon game to ride a mythical dragon into space and fight aliens!! Also Rayquaza was a pretty cool boss in Brawl!

2-Salamence
I remember playing through Hoenn back in the day and being intruiged by Meteor Falls, and being anxious to get Waterfall so that I could explore it...When I was able to access the caverns I explored the crap out of the cave and was somewhat disappointed other than finding Iron Tail and Dragon Claw. After finding Dragon Claw, I knew there wasn't much else this cave had to offer so I just decided to start grinding at the back of the room...until I met with an angry miniature blue yoshi and I knew I just had to have it on my team!!! I also love how Salamence is a embodiment of achieving your dreams!

1-Sneasel
Sneasel is the Pikachu to my Ash! Every single time I play Pokemon Crystal I HAVE to have a Sneasel. I still remember finding one in Ice Path! At that time I never knew about physical or special but Sneasel was a pokemon that ran through most of the Elite Four other than Bruno's fighting types and Lance's Gyarados! Not to mention how I had a bit of rivalry with one of my pokemon buddies back in the day and Sneasel one shot his Charizard with Surf! Sneasel was also the first pokemon I ever raised up to level 100 (legitimately without the use of cheats or glitches)!
For those wondering, yes I do still like Weavile...however I only like Weavile as much because of Sneasel. Weavile would be like Number 1.5 but nostalgia just wins out in this regard.

Honourable Mentions:
Cacturne, Banette, Crawdaunt, Lycanroc (Midday), Gyarados, Metagross, Toucannon, Typhlosion, Torterra, Mimikyu, Kommo-o, Tyrantiar, Tyrantum, Sceptile, Relicanth, Nidoking, Alakazam, Hydreigon, Staraptor, Honchkrow, Noivern, Flygon, Mismagius, Umbreon

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Beast Balls must have an insanely high catch rate then, because I've been trying to get a Timid one, and I've caught multiple in a row with just 1 or 2 beast balls. No damage
Yep, the multiplier for Beast Balls is 5.

Pheromosa and Kartana have 255 as Catch Rate anyway; probably due the high potential they have to sweep a team if the battle has many turns.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to breed Synchronizes

So far, I have all but 4

I just breed the one I need, but ...Since I'm already doing it I might as well finish the rest

Two more days until I finally get Pokemon Moon.

Voted for Nintendo 3DS. It has several games I really like, ex. Smash, Omega Ruby, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Planet Robobot.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

My vote went towards the N64 since no other console has ever brought me such happiness, joy, and magical moments. That console truly feels like the epitome of being transcendent and when I hear music like the Victory Lap/Credits from Mario Kart 64, I can't help but reflect on all the years that I've spent playing games on not just the N64, but for every other console as well and it ends up leaving me feeling grateful for all the memories that the console has done for me.

The Gamecube is a close 2nd for me though as it felt like a continuation of the N64 in a lot of ways+arguably having my favorite video game of all time that being Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Nintendo has so many good consoles and handhelds that they've made but for me personally, it's extremely difficult to replace what the N64 has done and what it means to me.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pokemon S/M & Anime spoilers

Let alone is this picture alone wrenching for anyone who's played through the games' story.
But look at one detail.
Lusamine's dress, half white and half black.
This is the old Aether.
This is pre-Nihilego Lusamine.
This is Mohn taking the photo.
This is the family all together.
This is before her obsession with UBs and Beauty.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
http://nintendoeverything.com/diffe...able-switch-modes-spotted-in-unreal-engine-4/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327049

According to these...

The Nintendo Switch is easier to develop for than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

It also says that Unreal Engine has different settings for docked and undocked levels.

What do you guys think?
If this is true then it might be the most developer friendly console in a while even since the Xbox 360 and that one still had some crazy issues

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Pokemon S/M & Anime spoilers

Let alone is this picture alone wrenching for anyone who's played through the games' story.
But look at one detail.
Lusamine's dress, half white and half black.
This is the old Aether.
This is pre-Nihilego Lusamine.
This is Mohn taking the photo.
This is the family all together.
This is before her obsession with UBs and Beauty.
The most important thing is that there is the killer Clefable with totem powers in baby form!

Chrono.

So the Pokemon Prism hack got leaked LOL I'm gonna have some fun with this thing.

In other news

It's ya boy (literally) Guzma.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh hey, if anyone cares Bloodborne, Rayman Legends and FFXIV are all on sale at the PSN store for under $20

There's also Psycho Pass but I heard the game was pretty bad.

A shame too since I loved the first season
Those are like, some of the best games on that console. If you don't have them already cop em'. Especially Bloodborne.

http://nintendoeverything.com/diffe...able-switch-modes-spotted-in-unreal-engine-4/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327049

According to these...

The Nintendo Switch is easier to develop for than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

It also says that Unreal Engine has different settings for docked and undocked levels.

What do you guys think?
Pretty much every major open source engine is compatible atm (Autodesk stuff, Blender, UE4, etc) so this isn't that surprising. Good news, at the least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom