• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Apparently I do need homebrew. LOL, I'm trying to figure out how to do that
I was looking up the instructions for that via youtube vid(A pretty recent one.) and I stopped when I saw you had to pay $40 for some device.(It was some kind of flash cartridge.) So instead I just ordered a save dongle for about $15 bucks that's on it's way to my male. That way I can just gen pokemon from gen 5 and before, because I missed out on events and such just because my wifi code was too advance, so I'm just replicating those pokemon. I don't need to for gen 6 and onwards because I've actually been keeping up aside from a wifi darkrai event I knew about yet somehow forgot to later on that day and also the gamestop events because I'd have to physically go there.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking up the instructions for that via youtube vid(A pretty recent one.) and I stopped when I saw you had to pay $40 for some device.(It was some kind of flash cartridge.) So instead I just ordered a save dongle for about $15 bucks that's on it's way to my male. That way I can just gen pokemon from gen 5 and before, because I missed out on events and such just because my wifi code was too advance, so I'm just replicating those pokemon. I don't need to for gen 6 and onwards because I've actually been keeping up aside from a wifi darkrai event I knew about yet somehow forgot to later on that day and also the gamestop events because I'd have to physically go there.
Really? The website I'm using to try and figure this out isn't saying to buy anything. It just says to download some files and put it on an SD card

D

Deleted member

Really? The website I'm using to try and figure this out isn't saying to buy anything. It just says to download some files and put it on an SD card
Well that's good. Then again I think the video said you can just download it too and that buying it was optional if you wanted the thing physically. I don't know, I was only two minutes into it and I was stressing myself out because I kept on needing more and more stuff, so I just went to other alternatives.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG This is so confusing, I wish I knew someone IRL that did the whole homebrew thing

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a question for the Pokemon fans here:

What is your opinion of Lillie, and where would you rank her in terms of your favorite characters in the main series?

Be sure to leave your response in a spoilers tag in case you are going to discuss spoilers from the game.

Here are my thoughts on her:

Definitely my favorite character not just in Sun and Moon, but also the entire franchise. I think she undergoes really amazing character development from start to finish. She starts out timid, but she goes stronger as a person over the course of the game. Her development really shows in the Poni Island portion of the story, where she undergoes her own trial by crossing the bridge, but her character ultimately peaks when she confronts her mom in the Ultra Space. Back in Aether Paradise, Lillie confronted Lusamine with a rather weak attitude and let her mother continue to intimidate her, but when they meet again in Ultra Space, Lillie confronts her with a strong will and an "I'm-completely-fed-up-with-you" attitude.

I also liked how her design change reflected her character growth. The hat she wore symbolized her oppression by Lusamine, who forced Lillie to dress up the way she does at the start of the game due to Lusamine's obsession with Nihilego. While wearing what Lusamine forced her to wear, Lillie was a timid individual. Once she dresses up her own way, Lillie becomes much more confident in whatever she does.

Lillie's goodbye at the end of the game was a really sad moment due to the development she had and the impact she left on me as a character.

If I had to rank her compared to other characters in the series, I rate her as my top favorite. OR/AS Wally comes after her, followed by N, followed by Steven Stone, then followed by Looker.

I was going to turn this question into a poll at first, but then I thought it would be better to just leave it as a simple question.

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman

What is your opinion of Lillie, and where would you rank her in terms of your favorite characters in the main series?

Be sure to leave your response in a spoilers tag in case you are going to discuss spoilers from the game.

Definitely my favorite character not just in Sun and Moon, but also the entire franchise. I think she undergoes really amazing character development from start to finish. She starts out timid, but she goes stronger as a person over the course of the game. Her development really shows in the Poni Island portion of the story, where she undergoes her own trial by crossing the bridge, but her character ultimately peaks when she confronts her mom in the Ultra Space. Back in Aether Paradise, Lillie confronted Lusamine with a rather weak attitude and let her mother continue to intimidate her, but when they meet again in Ultra Space, Lillie confronts her with a strong will and an "I'm-completely-fed-up-with-you" attitude.

I also liked how her design change reflected her character growth. The hat she wore symbolized her oppression by Lusamine, who forced Lillie to dress up the way she does at the start of the game due to Lusamine's obsession with Nihilego. While wearing what Lusamine forced her to wear, Lillie was a timid individual. Once she dresses up her own way, Lillie becomes much more confident in whatever she does.

Lillie's goodbye at the end of the game was a really sad moment due to the development she had and the impact she left on me as a character.

If I had to rank her compared to other characters in the series, I rate her as my top favorite. OR/AS Wally comes after her, followed by N, followed by Steven Stone, then followed by Looker.

I was going to turn this question into a poll at first, but then I thought it would be better to just leave it as a simple question.
Personally, I didn't like her. She just sits on the sidelines and watches you do everything, taking time away from the rivals who actually do stuff. And while her confrontation with Lusamine was interesting, I guess, she still barely does anything before or after that. That bridge crossing scene later was just hilarious with how overblown it was. And if she was truly into her Z-form, then she should have just got herself some quick balls and caught some of those Poni island Pokemon. Now that would have been fun to see, rather than just seeing her on the sidelines and hearing everyone talk about how great she is like some self-insert fanfiction character.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this is going to be my next Golisopod

Innsmouth the Golisopod@ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Edit: Alternatively I could name him "Y'ha-nthlei"

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Tbh is one of the bestest characters due its development imo.

I looked some of the early theories about her and they are hilarious because they were pretty wrong.

After her first trailer appearance: "She's an ally of the main villain, she's Lysandre's daughter looking for revenge"

After the trailer showing Nihilego: "She's an Ultra Beast posing as human, jellyfish alien waifu"

After the demo: "Yo, she has a Zygarde core in her bag"

The truth about her: Ultimate Cinnamon Roll

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe I'll wait until there is a way to PKHex without Homebrew. Whatever

I'll just breed legit at this time. It's not too hard.

I just wanted PKHex for things I can't do in game, like get a regular Sandshrew

Which, again, I could just wait to get

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think this is going to be my next Golisopod

Innsmouth the Golisopod@ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Edit: Alternatively I could name him "Y'ha-nthlei"
Mad props for naming him Innsmouth. Perfect name. :p

I really like Lillie. She's probably in my Top Five Pokémon characters alongside Looker, N, Professor Oak, and Anabel.
Her relationship with Nebby, her relationships with Hau, Kukui, and the main character, and of course Lusamine, were all well defined. She's one of the few Pokémon characters to get actual development. And like Looker and N, she shows that a Pokémon character doesn't need to own Pokémon to be a good character. I was definitely a bit sad when she left.

I'd love to see her reappear in future games, maybe with a Kanto-caught team of her own.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Cant really say I like her at all

I kinda liked Gladio way more. At leaste HE acted on things and didn't just stand to the side like " Im here"

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

My opinions of Lillie
She's easily my favourite character in the game bar none. Which says a lot because most of the main cast consists of some very well written characters between Hau, Gladian, Kukui, Nanu, Hapu, etc...
I always appreciate when characters go through a major development throughout the story and Lillie is one of the strongest I've seen in the franchise alongside the likes of N, Silver, or ORAS Wally...

At first I didn't particularly care for her because she seemed like she was just a blatantly weak damsel in distress type character that tags along here and there and you have to pull her out of sticky situations. But as the story progresses she literally makes a 180. She starts off as a timid, naive, indecisive, dependant weakling then becoming someone who is more determined, enthusiastic, energetic, confident...more independant...

The first most obvious change we see is her appearance. Earlier in the game she asked if the player chose their own clothes or not and explains that her mother, Lusamine, always made her wear what she chose for her (a very likely reason why Lillie resembles Nihilego since Lusamine was obsessed to the point that she pretty much molded her child to look like the Ultra Beast). Now seeing Lillie wearing what she wants to wear is the first step in her newly found independance as it's something she literally has never done before.

There's also the symbolism with the bridge, at the beginning of the game she could barely move to Nebby's aid. But in Vast Poni Canyon she is able to overcome her fears and cross the bridge. At the beginning she is a fairly weak character too afraid to push herself forward and too afraid to let go of what she knows, but later she is able to move on and cross the bridge towards unfamiliar territory despite what lies in her way. :198: Leaving behind the past and moving forward into the future.

Then there's her goodbye shows us how far she is willing to go as now she's not only conquered bridges on her own but is willing to travel through a whole region on her own and start her own pokemon journey. We learn later that isn't the only reason behind her leaving but it still shows her willingness to to take initiative since the decision to go to Kanto was 100% her's. Which is something we would never see from the little girl we knew before.

One of my favourite things bout Lillie though are the relationships she has with other characters. Hau, Hapu, Kukui and Burnet, her Mother and Brother as well as the player character and more importantly with Nebby aka Solgaleo/Lunala. It's a dynamic that's only really been explored once from what I recall in previous games (with N and Zekrom/Reshiram) where a major character develops such a bond with the boxart legend.

I love the end credits image featuring Lillie with Solgaleo/Lunala

Maybe Lunala's a little bit more...

As stated Lillie is easily my favourite character in Sun and Moon and she definitely ranks rather high on my list for characters in the franchise as a whole.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh hey, if anyone cares Bloodborne, Rayman Legends and FFXIV are all on sale at the PSN store for under $20

There's also Psycho Pass but I heard the game was pretty bad.

A shame too since I loved the first season

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

My favorite thing about Lillie was being able to choose all the smartass dialogue options when talking to her.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I decided the Admins for my evil team will have mono type teams. I use dark types, Obobo uses ice, Collective of bears has fighting types and Annuga has grass types.

Edit: we all have a bear.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mono types for villains, I'd probably go with Dark, Poison, Bug, and ...Maybe Psychic. Or Fighting

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Shantae and the Pirates' Curse is 50% off on PSN.

That is a goddamn steal, I implore everyone jump on that if they can.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Erureido Erureido -
Overall as a character, I quite like her. She initially starts off as a timid and shy girl who's relationship with Nebby is pretty hilarious to watch in the early days, of the story, but as the story picks up and we learn about her relationship Lusamine and Gladion, she matures and wants to be of greater assistance for the player character and to help her mum, even though by that point Lusamine crossed a 'Moral Event Horizon.'

All in all, I like her a lot, and her character design is simplistic and cute. Nihilego's appearance as if it were an image of Lillie is also a neat touch, even though Nihilego is now more affiliated with Lusamine than Lillie, it certainly got us all speculating as to what these mysterious Ultra Beasts are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wonder Trading rats for newer Pokemon is so fun.

Leveling all Pokemon up to get the evolutions, not so fun.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Awww, Joltik hops around like a tick, that's so cute (and a little bit creepy).

You know, looking at this animations, I really have to give credit to GF for the effort they put into them. You can see a good amount of thought put into the way each of them are supposed to move, whether it's from their own works, the animal kingdom that they drew from as a concept, or just what looked natural, and usually they end up looking pretty good and fitting of the Pokémon. It's a nice little thing that I hope they do include in the next game, as even if it's just for visuals, it's still a nice little thing that they put effort into.

Probably one of my favorite characters in the franchise and easily one of my most liked characters in Sun.

From the get-go, I do like that her first moment that we see her is running away from the Aether foundation as it shows the first point in her character that she breaks away from her mother's control and starts to do things for herself. It's a small start that cascades into her development later on and it shows a good moment for the character to start out with. This continues into the main game, as while she's definitely more of a damsel in distress in many instances, they do try to sprinkle in moments where the character is showing more independence, such as when she shops for her own clothes and tries to be more assertive. Then we get to the Aether event and that's where things really start going for her as after that point, she realizes she can't be meek anymore and has to start being more proactive as a character, and we do kind of get to see that as she pushes for both you and her to go get the flutes, travel through the canyon, and rescue her mother and save Nebby. So she goes from a character who was completely under her mother's thumb to someone who starts having bits of independence from her to a character who can push for things herself and even will call out her mother. It's a good change for the character across the story, and its conclusion with her leaving for Kanto and her goodbye to you and Nebby (whether as a Solgaleo or Lunala) is a sweet wrap-up for the character.

Her story isn't perfect though, I said before that we 'kind of' get to see her be more proactive, and that pretty much sums her up post Aether, we only kind of get that proactivity from her and I will admit she can be a bit too passive. Granted, she's not a trainer like Bianca or Barry, so she can't just do everything herself and it's understandable that we have to still be involved, but a lot of her actions still rely on the main character to a large extent, almost as much as they did before the Aether event. We're still mostly doing the legwork, and the story doesn't give her a lot of moments to herself to showcase her newfound strength away from the main character outside of a couple moments such as with her calling out her mother, which limits how much we see her truly grow as she still has to be reliant on us. I think a little more proactivity would've helped her here as it would've really sold her growth if we got to see her do more to showcase that strength and development. She still contributes, it's just a bit more limited then what I was hoping from her after seeing her "Z-Powered form".

With that said, that's really my only main complaint with her, I still respect the development they set out to do for her, I think they succeed in showing some of the strength she's gained over the course of the story, and I do still look back fondly on my adventure with her as I did grow attached to her and Nebby. It was a relationship in the game that I did grow to care about and I wouldn't feel that way if I didn't care for the character or felt she was completely unsuccessful. So as is, if I were to rate her, she's definitely up there in my top favorite characters list behind those like N. You could argue she could use a couple tweaks, but I don't mind and I still love her all the same, it's great to see developed characters like her again in the series.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Chrono.

My favorite thing about Lillie was being able to choose all the smartass dialogue options when talking to her.
This guy gets it.

Though Lillie's great, one of my favorite characters (certainly top 5 in Sun/Moon), her relationship with Nebby was one of my favorite things about the main story.

The only reason why she's not higher on my list is because Sun/Moon's cast was so strong it's kinda hard to choose a top favorite.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
http://nintendoeverything.com/diffe...able-switch-modes-spotted-in-unreal-engine-4/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327049

According to these...

The Nintendo Switch is easier to develop for than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

It also says that Unreal Engine has different settings for docked and undocked levels.

What do you guys think?
An easy to develop for console is great for third parties. I could possibly see some companies making games for the Switch first and then port it to the other consoles.

If true, than this is nothing but great news.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The way that Lana looked in battle seems to linger in your mind"

What's that supposed to mean. She looked pathetic in battle. Her level 20 something Araquanid vs my level 80 Golisopod

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The 2 bears I added are Belloth and Berout, both Grass/Fighting and based off sloth bears, and Bernamic and Berectric, dark and dark/electric and based off black bears!

They both have a higher special attack than physical attack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have a question.

How do you put in the character watermark in your post and put in a custom title?
The watermark is just a smilie people put up in their posts

Custom Titles though can be done but going to personal details wen you hover over your usename by the notifications and PMs

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"The way that Lana looked in battle seems to linger in your mind"

What's that supposed to mean. She looked pathetic in battle. Her level 20 something Araquanid vs my level 80 Golisopod
It unlocks Battle Styles. Basically you can mess with how your trainer aesthetically moves, say, when throwing a Pokeball, by talking to a guy near the trash dump above Malie. Fighting a few Trial Captains unlocks a couple.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Another Quick Ghost Run Update:drsad:
Tauriel
Agnes
Stratus
Alice
Loki
Ikana

As one of my previous posts suggested...Curse is broken against Totem Pokemon, like it makes them way too easy especially if they would've given me heeps of trouble otherwise...:drshrug:

Either way I caught my sixth party member being a poor little Cubone who misses his mother:drsad:
So far I know that at least two of my party members are likely permanent members...though a couple others may end up staying but it depends on what else I encounter a long the way...:dr^_^:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom