• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Question: How much would you guys recommend Mighty Switch Force, DK64 or Mega Man Battle Network 1?
Never played MSF.

DK64 is honestly a worse Banjo Kazooie but I don't think it's terrible, just really tedious at a lot of points. The multiple character system will either be fun or grating depending on who you are.

Battle Network 1 is good for what it is but 2 and 3 (especially 2) are so much better in every way.

The only reason you should play BN1 is for character intros but tbh BN is the weird RPG that's totally barebones in both story and character development.
I just saw Akuma's story mode in SFV.
And holy ****, I see the artwork in the cutscene before, but this is beyond bad at some point lol.
Also, Necalli has officialy become the Butt Monkey of the Street Fighter franchise, seriously, he is worst than Dan at this point.
Remember how Capcom tried to hype the guy up as the face of SFV? Supposedly as an antithesis to Ryu.

All that build up. Gone nowhere.

RIP
Just played through the Nier Automata demo just now.

The game feels great so far. It's basically a Platinum-lite game, which is fine for an action rpg. The score is also pretty excellent too. Yoko Taro's (the director whose previous works included Nier and the Drakengard series) games are often pretty fascinating when it comes to world building, characters, and general messing with expectations. However, they often played pretty sloppily in most regards. Now it's a full package between the gameplay, story and the aesthetics. I highly recommend anyone with a ps4 to check it out.
It's sad it took this long for them to get it right.

Drakengard 3 in particular had such horrid gameplay I had to stop halfway through. To this day I never finished it.

Glad to see Nier do better at least.
What is this and where is it from?
It's from a recent Corocoro scan which I unfortunately don't got the full thing of.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
There is a secret ending in FNAF Sister Location Custom Nights

For beating "Golden Freddy" mode, which I don't think anyone has done legitimately yet

It's odd

It starts off with a character introducing himself as "Michael"

And talks about how the soul that inhabited baby is free now

The talks about how, for some reason, he can't die

Then, at the end, it shows Springtrap

Apparently Springtrap is no William afton, but another character named "Michael"

I wonder if anyone named "Michael" or "Mike" is part of the series.

Well, that scene is this "Michael" talking as if to his father, you get the impression the father is already dead.

I think this "Michael" is the son of William Afton

He's the purple guy we know, and he's springtrap
I learned about that plot point from Markiplier. It is quite the odd story...
I mean, I still enjoy the lore of FNAF, but I'm not a fan of the series anymore. It felt a lot fresher back when there was only 1 game.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Never played MSF.

DK64 is honestly a worse Banjo Kazooie but I don't think it's terrible, just really tedious at a lot of points. The multiple character system will either be fun or grating depending on who you are.

Remember how Capcom tried to hype the guy up as the face of SFV? Supposedly as an antithesis to Ryu.

All that build up. Gone nowhere.

RIP

It's sad it took this long for them to get it right.

Drakengard 3 in particular had such horrid gameplay I had to stop halfway through. To this day I never finished it.

Glad to see Nier do better at least.

It's from a recent Corocoro scan which I unfortunately don't got the full thing of.

If you're curious, I actually had my playthrough uploaded. It shows a lot of promise and I'm really excited for it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I learned about that plot point from Markiplier. It is quite the odd story...
I mean, I still enjoy the lore of FNAF, but I'm not a fan of the series anymore. It felt a lot fresher back when there was only 1 game.
I kind of like the fact they are trying to add a story now

Apparently the next game is going to be a sequel to FNAF 3, with Springtrap as a main character

Chrono.

Oh yeah, these past couple of days I finally started Tokyo Mirage Sessions and it's... uhh...

It's actually really good.

Super cheesy premise, but it works for the game. Same goes for the kinda one note characters. Itsuki's really plain in particular, but considering the rest of game's slightly satirical approach I think he's fine. Touma's a bro and definitely my favorite character so far.

It helps that the battle system is really fun and rewarding. The game is also challenging, or at least it's felt challenging so far. I've had one gameover and now I know I gotta be careful because the game boots you back to the title screen.

I'm not far in it at all (just started Chapter 2), but I do regret not starting it over the summer when I had it.

Depending on how far I get it might sneak in as a favorite game of 2016.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The only time I cared about a Poke Ball was when I was trying to get my shiny Stufful.

It's in a Quick Ball, because... yellow.
I wanted my female salandit to be in a timer ball.......cos it has a cool red effect when my Salazzle goes into the battlefield and I feel like it suits it really well.

If you're curious, I actually had my playthrough uploaded. It shows a lot of promise and I'm really excited for it.
She looks amazing when she uses the swords. Love PG* :3

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yikes! That was close

It's a good thing my Mimikyu was male, because I keep forgetting how pokemon breeding works when not breeding with dittos

I kind of forgot gender's were a thing

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Joining the list of people who randomly got logged out. Whee. It seems as if whatever changed also made my ad blocker no longer able to block ads on here, for whatever reason. Setting up all the filters I had all over again was fun. But I guess ad blocker problems are lost on you lot, with all your premium subscriptions. -.-

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Joining the list of people who randomly got logged out. Whee. It seems as if whatever changed also made my ad blocker no longer able to block ads on here, for whatever reason. Setting up all the filters I had all over again was fun. But I guess ad blocker problems are lost on you lot, with all your premium subscriptions. -.-
Works for me :3
Dunno why it doesn't for you. I was wondering why it logged me out - nice to know I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Works for me :3
Dunno why it doesn't for you. I was wondering why it logged me out - nice to know I'm not alone.
Probably because I have a bunch of really specific filters set up to also remove the blank space left behind by the ads. If certain details about the space where the ads get loaded is changed (which is what seems to have happened), then I have to go and change the filters too. Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

D

Deleted member

It's that time of the year: I'm on vacation and the Fall anime season is basically finished with only the final episode of Jojo remaining(well, from what's good anyways).
So I come here to this thread full of weebs and summon thee to ask for recommendations

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Nihilumbra's colours and the way you can mix up the abilities is actually amazing.

Anyone here play it before? I'm on world 3 already.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I must be the only one that wasn't randomly logged out. I saw nothing out of the ordinary here
ad If I did, I didnt notice because my browser froze and that logs me out every time I ctrl alt delete and end the browser

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I didn't get logged out.

Looks like my Premium Powers came in handy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly didn't mind being logged out as logging back in is effortless.

But at least I have the answer why I got logged out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was gonna ask why I was logged out but I got the answer so...

What would you say is the worst Status move to use a Z-Crystal on?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There was an upgrade last night that affected user sessions
Cool beans.

Curious to know the mechanism, or at least if my theory was correct. Did it work by changing how cookies were recognized? I'd think that'd log out all users, but you never know I suppose.

I didn't get logged out.

Looks like my Premium Powers came in handy.
Didn't save me.

Oh man, my Tapu Baloo teaching the Battle Tree the Tapu Nessesities.

No one can stop him! :denzel:
You-ou-ou.

I wanna be like you-ou-ou.

Yuri on Ice *looks at list*

Thats all I have
Please tell me this name is accurate.

D

Deleted member

Late reply, but I just woke up not too long ago.
long story short
They were christian. she found out I had a snake and stopped coming over and stopped talking to me

If a one snake is enough to stop being friends with a childhood friend, then they weren't really a friend. I got friends that dont care I have a snake now anyway
>Snakes
>Easily one of the cutest animals on the planet

And this doesn't include the small ones, these are the ones people are usually scarred of. Though Pythons are very, very much harmless. You're much more likely to hurt by your dog or even your cat.

Then again I also find things like spiders cute. I just don't like having them around me because I have a fear of accidentally crushing and killing them. I'd rather have a snake as a pet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*looks at ny "to watch" list*
*already has it*
Well, not like I didn't expect that recommendation from you :p
Thats all I watched this Season-Oh wait
something new is happening
Koro Sensei Quest!, New episode is on crunchyroll if you wanna see if thats you thing

Oh and try and give Magi a shot, its pretty good in all honesty

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually down to electivire and Scizor

I have the item to evolve Electivire

However, I'm still looking for a metal coat for Scizor

I traded for a Necrozma online, so I have one of those

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Cool beans.

Curious to know the mechanism, or at least if my theory was correct. Did it work by changing how cookies were recognized? I'd think that'd log out all users, but you never know I suppose.

Didn't save me.

You-ou-ou.

I wanna be like you-ou-ou.

Please tell me this name is accurate.
From what following their Tumblr has taught me, it's more like yaoi on ice, but there is in fact a character named Yuri and he is in fact on ice.

So accurate, but maybe not in the way you were expecting.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ All you need in your anime life is Nichijou.
I tried watching it once, gave up halfway through the first episode, it just didn't interest me
Thats all I watched this Season-Oh wait
something new is happening
Koro Sensei Quest!, New episode is on crunchyroll if you wanna see if thats you thing

Oh and try and give Magi a shot, its pretty good in all honesty
That first looks like a Assassination Classroom spinoff, which I have not watched

I'll give Magi another try if it's avaible on the brazilian Netflix

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Here's my review of One Piece's shocking new chapter today.

I didn't know Sanji was going to marry ***** Pudding from Robot Chicken. :troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's that time of the year: I'm on vacation and the Fall anime season is basically finished with only the final episode of Jojo remaining(well, from what's good anyways).
So I come here to this thread full of weebs and summon thee to ask for recommendations
I don't know if you watched any sports anime yet, but one recommendation I can think of is Free Iwatobi Swim Club, followed by Free Eternal Summer.

Yeah, it has that fan service, but I personally enjoyed the characters quite a lot, the animation was pretty good, and the story does have some pretty good moments.

If not Free, Your Lie in April is another anime I highly recommend watching. It's one of my personal favorites.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
@Shishœ All you need in your anime life is Nichijou.
I second this.
As for other recommendations:
  • Anohana - very sad. amazing.
  • Akame Ga Kill - sick
  • Ergo Proxy - you need patience with thise one, but it's definietly worth the philosophical ride. makes you think and its very intersting. I didn't find it boring but some may. Ok there were 2 filler episodes which were boring.
  • angel beats
  • future diary

Just add them all to your list and watch em. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
From what following their Tumblr has taught me, it's more like yaoi on ice, but there is in fact a character named Yuri and he is in fact on ice.

So accurate, but maybe not in the way you were expecting.
Dammit.

Ah well. Thank ya.

You must have complete mastery in the art of Premium Powers to use it to full effect.
Eh.

I worked through the GIMP and snark skill trees instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom