• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

For something that looks like a failed Ultratech experiment, this Kilgore sure is caffeine fast. A very interesting character...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

For something that looks like a failed Ultratech experiment, this Kilgore sure is caffeine fast. A very interesting character...
He almost looks like a joke character with the buggy start up and the kind of comical twist on Fulgore's moveset.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been having many ideas for Pokemon topics lately, and after seeing the success of the last topic, I'm going to jump right into the next Strawpoll. I think Hoenn deserves some more discussion, so for tonight, I think we can talk about it.

I know a while back there was some discussion on which was the better remake between HG/SS and OR/AS. It got me thinking about Emerald in comparison to OR/AS, not to mention I think Hoenn should have some more discussion. That said, I'd thought I'd start a discussion topic where we'd we see which of the two games does Nintenzone prefer more.

And with that, it's time for the main question:

Which game did you enjoy more: Emerald or OR/AS?

Answer in the Strawpoll below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11916128

Both games were enjoyable for me, but in the end, I decided to pick OR/AS. I really enjoyed how OR/AS improved R/S/E's story, namely by giving the Admin characters an actual personality, fleshing out Team Magma/Aqua's goals so that they made more sense, making Wally appear more often than he did in the games, and they did a nice job incorporating the Mega Evolutions into Hoenn's plot. Even the Delta Episode was pretty cool for a miniature post-game adventure (better than the Looker Bureau, no doubt about that). I also enjoyed how these games made IV/EV Training a lot easier. It was cool that secret bases could finally make use of the online connectivity, and it was thanks to them they even made the level 100 grind a lot easier (thanks to the Blissey secret bases).

I will admit that I wish OR/AS had the Battle Frontier, which is something that Emerald wins out on here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I quite like Kilgore. If they make a "KI 2" I hope he continues in the series.

I forgot to mention this some time, but I finally got the venusaur pokecenter plushie. It was in the pokecenter machine at the mall near me. I have all the Kanto starter final forms now

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been having many ideas for Pokemon topics lately, and after seeing the success of the last topic, I'm going to jump right into the next Strawpoll. I think Hoenn deserves some more discussion, so for tonight, I think we can talk about it.

I know a while back there was some discussion on which was the better remake between HG/SS and OR/AS. It got me thinking about Emerald in comparison to OR/AS, not to mention I think Hoenn should have some more discussion. That said, I'd thought I'd start a discussion topic where we'd we see which of the two games does Nintenzone prefer more.

Both games were enjoyable for me, but in the end, I decided to pick OR/AS. I really enjoyed how OR/AS improved R/S/E's story, namely by giving the Admin characters an actual personality, fleshing out Team Magma/Aqua's goals so that they made more sense, making Wally appear more often than he did in the games, and they did a nice job incorporating the Mega Evolutions into Hoenn's plot. Even the Delta Episode was pretty cool for a miniature post-game adventure (better than the Looker Bureau, no doubt about that). I also enjoyed how these games made IV/EV Training a lot easier. It was cool that secret bases could finally make use of the online connectivity, and it was thanks to them they even made the level 100 grind a lot easier (thanks to the Blissey secret bases).

I will admit that I wish OR/AS had the Battle Frontier, which is something that Emerald wins out on here.
You didn't give the option of neither.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Like I've said before, after gen 2 pokemon became super unpopular in my school and I eventually stopped playing the games, so I missed most of gen 3. I eventually picked up FRLG because of nostalgia back then but I didn't play RS until quite a bit later. I didn't really get back into pokemon until gen 4

I never played Emerald

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm a little uncertain as to what these supposed specs mean for the Switch's power. The most I can ask for now is just being able to have fun with it, either on the go or in the comfort of my home.

Here's a question for everyone:

What are your top 10 favorite Pokemon?

A pretty basic question, but I'm asking that because I'm sure everyone's top 10 favorite Pokemon list has changed now that Sun and Moon has been released for a month, so I'm curious to see where do some people factor in their favorite Alola Pokemon compared to their other favorites from past generations.

Here's mine, starting from my number one favorite and counting down:

1) Gallade
2) Greninja
3) Aegislash
4) Lurantis
5) Shaymin (Sky Forme)
6) Swampert
7) Meloetta
8) Lycanroc (Midday Form)
9) Primarina
10) Chandelure
1) Sableye
2) Giratina
3) Empoleon
4) Gengar
5) Braviary
6) Mimikyu
7) Weezing
8) Hawlucha
9) Grovyle
10) Lucario

It was a bit on the hard side to fully formulate a top 10 of my favourite Pokémon, but some Pokémon like Sableye, Empoleon or Weezing have been favourites of mine for a long time.
If you could only use 3 types in Pokemon which would they be?

Dark, Poison and Bug for me.
Ghost, Poison and Water, I'd reckon.

I'd probably say that I prefer ORAS over Emerald. Revisiting Hoenn with all the new mechanics was enjoyable, and most of the characters getting a retroactive redesign helps to keep them fresh as characters. I'd say some good examples include Maxie and Archie, Wally and the player characters; and some neat features such as Soaring that helped expand the post-game a bit more. The Delta Episode is great at trying to bring Rayquaza into the post-game, and provides a spectacular finish for the game.

The big disappointment I'd say would be the absence of the Battle Frontier - which would have been great to go through again, but all in all, I'd probably go with ORAS as my final pick for the best Hoenn game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You didn't give the option of neither.
This is one of those polls where I want more focus on either A or B. It's a similar approach to when I did the Team Magma vs Team Aqua poll a while back.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

ORAS by default. I barely touched Emerald and played a decent amount of OR. Sapphire is the one I played the most, though, as in the original.

Cr@nky's G

Smash Rookie
My top games list would probably look like this
1: Super smash bros 4
2: Donkey Kong country 2
3: Mario kart double dash / DS
4: Kirby return to dreamland
5: Kirby super star ultra
6: Super smash bros melee
7:project M
8: Legend of zelda Twilight princess
9: Mario & Luigi browsers inside story
10: Super smash bros 64
:4ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorfmelee::GCB:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Being referred to by my schtik last page reminded me that I don't play Uprising nearly as often as I should for praising it so much. So I played a couple of chapters again and. . .every time I pick the game up now I seem to get a new sense of hilarity or noteworthiness out of some of the lines.

Anyway, I'm guessing most of you have already seen this classic, but just in case, is there anyone here who hasn't watched this yet? Not that it isn't worth an extra watch sometimes.

No Palutena, you're never getting away from this one. This video is going to haunt you to the end of time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Top 10 favorite pokemon is really difficult

Blastoise
Ampharos
Golisopod
Tyrantrum
Reuniclus (I never actually USE Reuniclus, I just really like his design. I don't use Psychic pokemon for some reason)
Nidoking
Buzzwole
Porygon-Z
Exploud

Drapion
Alolan Muk
Araquanid
Turtonator

I'm probably Alola bias ATM

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Scared capturing Spinda because I think Necrozma also lurks in this area. Not ready to face him

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Being referred to by my schtik last page reminded me that I don't play Uprising nearly as often as I should for praising it so much. So I played a couple of chapters again and. . .every time I pick the game up now I seem to get a new sense of hilarity or noteworthiness out of some of the lines.

Anyway, I'm guessing most of you have already seen this classic, but just in case, is there anyone here who hasn't watched this yet? Not that it isn't worth an extra watch sometimes.

No Palutena, you're never getting away from this one. This video is going to haunt you to the end of time.
In some strange way, I'm a little glad Uprising didn't get a sequel.

Gives it more chance to be special, ya know?

Like Pepsi Clear or something like that.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Posting that Roggenrola gif actually made me look back at my Moon playthrough and I just can't help but remember just how much my opinion has changed regarding the whole evolutionary line. Admittedly, I still can't say I like Boldore's design and even though I did like Gigalith's design from the get-go, I never really cared for it too much since I never really got to use one before, but I certainly care for it now.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't Necrozma only appear once you finish the ultra beasts quest?
Oh, ok. I thought it was just after end game

I still have 3 more to go. Not going to capture Xurkitree until my pokemon are ready

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I need to get back to playing Uprising someday.

It's one of the few games that I played for several months after I first beat it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; my Shiny Stufful that I hatched yesterday became a Bewear about 30 minutes or so ago.

I'm going to miss it when it was an adorable Stufful. :(

On the bright side, its bulky and can pack a punch (at least it will once I finish leveling it). :p

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Oh, ok. I thought it was just after end game

I still have 3 more to go. Not going to capture Xurkitree until my pokemon are ready
I don't know if it was just me, but catching all the Ultra Beasts was barely a challenge. Xurkitree could almost one shot all my mons, but after one good attack, I could catch it easy.

Also protip, just bring a dark type to fight Necrozuma. It can barely even attack you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In some strange way, I'm a little glad Uprising didn't get a sequel.

Gives it more chance to be special, ya know?

Like Pepsi Clear or something like that.
Hey now, don't be like that. It's only 20 years until the next one. . .

But really, I think it's one of my big if among my least likely to happen hopes that someone does pick it up again someday. It's not like the 25 years the first time had no attempts at another one, the SNES and the Wii both gave it a shot. There's always that little hope that the fact that some people want an Uprising sequel means someone will try again and actually manage to get it out there.

Considering there have never been two attempts at a sequel for the series in the same generation outside of it's first (with that not being in every region until the same year Uprising came out), it's only natural that we wouldn't see any sign of another one just yet. The chances aren't the best since Sakurai won't touch it again, but since all of Nintendo's games being on one system means there doesn't need to be as much time spent on repeats of popular franchises and things like Wave Race and Excite Truck might be being considered, this is probably at least better odds than past generations that something might be considered at some point.

. . .I'd just be happy to see a version of Uprising made to work with a single screen somehow so some version of the game can keep being ported in the future, for that matter. I don't want the game to be lost with time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I read an article on CinemaBlend earlier today that talked about a rumor concerning the Switch's specs. The article hinted to the Switch's clock speed to be the equilvalent of the Pentium II from two decades ago.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1601860/these-rumored-nintendo-switch-specs-are-not-good-news

Personally, I'm not even going to speculate the legitimacy of this rumor because I don't study that kind of tech science, but if it's true, something seems a bit fishy about it.

Edit: Oh, right. Must've been old news.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if it was just me, but catching all the Ultra Beasts was barely a challenge. Xurkitree could almost one shot all my mons, but after one good attack, I could catch it easy.

Also protip, just bring a dark type to fight Necrozuma. It can barely even attack you.
Xurkitree CAN 1 shot all my mons

That's why I'm raising mons specifically to deal with him

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

The deepest lore.

The entire KI universe is insane.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

LOL I had almost forgotten about that piece of gold. I know I'm eventually going to have to show this to my kids if they hesitate to eat their vegetables.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The deepest lore.

The entire KI universe is insane.
If you hadn't realized that already, you aren't far enough into the game.:awesome:

Where are you at in it, anyway?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now this video makes sense again. It's actually scary how this is the second time Yo-Kai Watch of all things beat Star Wars in Japan.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I realized I already responded to this post, but I didn't comment on this short, and the other ones.

I love Palutena's Revolting Dinner, I saw the short way before I got Uprising, but I still loved it. This short is a big reason for why I love Palutena.

Medusa's Revenge is also very good, for different reasons of course. It left me wanting for more, which is a sign of how good it was.

Though to be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of Thantos Rising. The humor felt very flat (especially compared to Uprising's dialouge) and I just felt underwhelmed with it.

So what I'm saying is, Nintendo, if you're not going to make a new game anytime soon, make an anime series.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now this video makes sense again. It's actually scary how this is the second time Yo-Kai Watch of all things beat Star Wars in Japan.

I'm more afraid of the fact that there are so much Star Wars and Yo-Kai fan videos in existence.

Like how many of them are there?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's a question for everyone:

What are your top 10 favorite Pokemon?

A pretty basic question, but I'm asking that because I'm sure everyone's top 10 favorite Pokemon list has changed now that Sun and Moon has been released for a month, so I'm curious to see where do some people factor in their favorite Alola Pokemon compared to their other favorites from past generations.

Here's mine, starting from my number one favorite and counting down:

1) Gallade
2) Greninja
3) Aegislash
4) Lurantis
5) Shaymin (Sky Forme)
6) Swampert
7) Meloetta
8) Lycanroc (Midday Form)
9) Primarina
10) Chandelure
A bit late on this.

1) Escavalier
2) Salamence
3) Zekrom
4) Hydreigon
5) Golisopod
6) Manectric
7) Tyrantrum
8) Lugia
9) Heliolisk
10) Kabutops

Honorable Mentions: Feraligatr, Kommo-o, Blastoise, Mew, Buzzwole

This was a lot harder to do as I love all of the Pokémon in my top 10 and even some below that, I ended up tinkering with this list for a good minute because my choices were getting rotated around aside from the top 5 and Lugia.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm.. I feel like making some signature moves useable by other pokemonin my game.

So Amatheese can learn Oblivion Wing, Voltare can learn Volt Tackle, Vulram can learn Magma Storm, Hostilith can learn Shadow Force, Maliggan can learn Moongeist Beam and Empranate can learn Diamond Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom