• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well, somebody's going to probably say I'm wrong, and get annoyed at me, but somebody has to play the skeptic, and remind you all of somethings.

Okay, so this Switch rumor, I'd just like to remind you all of a little something, nothing to big, but just because something comes from a reliable source doesn't make it true.

Need I all remind you all of the Shovel Knight in Smash rumour...

I'm just gonna say, do all of you need to go back to leaks/rumours training school? You know where we're taught to always be skeptic, cause reliable doesn't mean 100% true.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, somebody's going to probably say I'm wrong, and get annoyed at me, but somebody has to play the skeptic, and remind you all of somethings.

Okay, so this Switch rumor, I'd just like to remind you all of a little something, nothing to big, but just because something comes from a reliable source doesn't make it true.

I'm just gonna say, do all of you need to go back to leaks/training school? You know where we're taught to always be skeptic, cause reliable doesn't mean 100% true.
So Skylanders isn't dead?

Awww mavaaaaaaan! :urg:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm just gonna say, do all of you need to go back to leaks/rumours training school? You know where we're taught to always be skeptic, cause reliable doesn't mean 100% true.
I did some digging. I'd be shocked if it wasn't true at this point.

It seems the thing that got leaked was a letter from Nintendo to third parties.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm at 261/300 pokemon. Some I don't even know how I'm going to evolve though

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yay water 1 is down now time for mineral which means I need to go back to fairy and use Froslass with Castform..

So has anyone been working on leveling up the Festival plaza? My current plaza level is 58

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's going to be a long 24 days until the Switch's livestream.

Starlight_Lily

I did some digging. I'd be shocked if it wasn't true at this point.

It seems the thing that got leaked was a letter from Nintendo to third parties.
Well, I'm still holding to the possibility of it not being true, since I don't believe anything until its 100% confirmed from the actual people in charge of the product in question. Also you have a good source for that letter?

Although I did have an interesting idea, now just hear me out here, before you guys go poking holes in it.

What if the Dock itself can be upgraded and stuff? Like say you only have to buy a new dock to make the Switch more powerful, while keeping the, let's call it the Switch Tablet for lack of a better a name right now, since I can't remember if it has an official name or not.

Meaning you wouldn't have to buy a whole new system, just the dock itself, which would actually make things a bit cheaper I think if say a dock breaks, maybe.

Or another idea is that Nintendo could come out with more powerful Switch tablet's that can be plugged into the dock, allowing for it again to be much cheaper when upgrading.

Plus with my idea above, upgrading the system would become a lot more easier.

You can poke holes in my idea now, but I still like the idea of a system that's easy to upgrade by just switching in new parts and such. And I swear Nintendo filed a patent a while back that was similar to my idea of being to switch and add in parts that would upgrade the system's specs and such.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I'm still holding to the possibility of it not being true, since I don't believe anything until its 100% confirmed from the actual people in charge of the product in question. Also you have a good source for that letter?

Although I did have an interesting idea, now just hear me out here, before you guys go poking holes in it.

What if the Dock itself can be upgraded and stuff? Like say you only have to buy a new dock to make the Switch more powerful, while keeping the, let's call it the Switch Tablet for lack of a better a name right now, since I can't remember if it has an official name or not.

Meaning you wouldn't have to buy a whole new system, just the dock itself, which would actually make things a bit cheaper I think if say a dock breaks, maybe.

Or another idea is that Nintendo could come out with more powerful Switch tablet's that can be plugged into the dock, allowing for it again to be much cheaper when upgrading.

Plus with my idea above, upgrading the system would become a lot more easier.

You can poke holes in my idea now, but I still like the idea of a system that's easy to upgrade by just switching in new parts and such. And I swear Nintendo filed a patent a while back that was similar to my idea of being to switch and add in parts that would upgrade the system's specs and such.
If you replace the dock and the tablet on the Switch is it still the same Switch?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Man where the **** do you get the ice stone?

If you forget about it it'll fly by.
Go to the big house in the back of Po Town. Use the left door which leads to a different outside section. There's one there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unrelated, but congrats for getting your comic back up and running! :D
Thanks. It's been a long time but it feels good to have it going again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only reason I haven't traded my electabuzz or magmar to evolve yet is because I need to breed them to perfection

You only get 1 of the evolution items and I don't want to waste them

Starlight_Lily

If you replace the dock and the tablet on the Switch is it still the same Switch?
Well, it was just an idea, plus Nintendo is actually trying that whole unified account thing finally. Also nothing has said so far that the memory is internal, so who know maybe you could take the hard drive out of one one dock/tablet and plug it into another easily.

Plus if you could switch out docks and tablets we'd have a another reason why the switch is called switch, cause your able to switch out parts

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
In case you want another Magmarizer/Electirizer/King's Rock, get a Compound Eyes Butterfree and teach it Thief. As long as it leads the party, 5% wild held items increase to 20%, so battling a couple of Magby/Elekid/Hariyama should get you the desired item :p

After I got an extra Electirizer, I gave it to an Electabuzz and put it on the GTS asking for an Electivire. Then, I traded the Electivire for a Magmortar and so on for every trade evolution.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok and I'll give you one of the Cutieflys I was saving for Wonder trade so it can hold the dawn stone :lol: what's your fc?

Ok did I add your FC yet?
It's 1375-7346-9605.

I've already added yours to the list. I'll be ready.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, it was just an idea, plus Nintendo is actually trying that whole unified account thing finally. Also nothing has said so far that the memory is internal, so who know maybe you could take the hard drive out of one one dock/tablet and plug it into another easily.

Plus if you could switch out docks and tablets we'd have a another reason why the switch is called switch, cause your able to switch out parts
I thought about the switching parts thing, but on a different angle.

Since the dock isn't currently rumored to be anything but a cooling station, I figured the Joy-Cons were the parts you might be able to swap out. It'd make customization a lot easier, and having easily replaceable Joy-Cons would address one of the main complaints about the Wii U.

At elast, that's what a ton of people have been speculating, and it does sound fun. One of the patent papers had a Joy-Con with a regular D-pad, too.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I'mma get my Sandslash into my party somehow.

I named it Heavy Joe to honour the Sandlash I used in my Pokemon Blue play through back in the day. It was Joe. Alolan Sandslash is heavier hence Heavy Joe

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Last edited:
Went to play Animal crossing for the first time in over 2 years (according to the villagers)

No one has left the town.
Like 3 weeds have grown

. . .This isnt how animal crossing is supposed to work.
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom