• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nanu and Acerola aren't related, she just calls him uncle in a affectionate and respectful way. And of course he doesn't care at all and is like "who the **** is this kid?"
Stop ruining my headcanons damnit

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Kukui isn't actually related to the protagonist, but only calls them cousin/brother because its a reference to how Hawaiians call each other by familial terms even if they aren't related.
Yes I know. Sarcasm is hard to put into text.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nanu and Acerola aren't related, she just calls him uncle in a affectionate and respectful way. And of course he doesn't care at all and is like "who the **** is this kid?"
I feel like literally 100% of Acerola's bit is just doing whatever the hell she wants carte blanche.

Show off some ancient books of literally all our heritage to a couple of random kids? Sure, go ahead. Set up a trial in a failed supermarket full of spooks? Knock yourself out. Be the only member of the Elite Four who hasn't graduated from puberty? Absolutely, you want that room in purple or grey?

Kid's got it made. She backs it up though; I especially like how she mentions she wanted to take you out and become the first Champ herself at the end. Got spunk. Probably my favorite trial captain.

[EDIT] Odd bit from Bulbapedia though?

upload_2016-12-18_16-50-13.png

The hell? That ain't an age, that's how you write "shrug" in numerals.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I feel like literally 100% of Acerola's bit is just doing whatever the hell she wants carte blanche.

Show off some ancient books of literally all our heritage to a couple of random kids? Sure, go ahead. Set up a trial in a failed supermarket full of spooks? Knock yourself out. Be the only member of the Elite Four who hasn't graduated from puberty? Absolutely, you want that room in purple or grey?

Kid's got it made. She backs it up though; I especially like how she mentions she wanted to take you out and become the first Champ herself at the end. Got spunk. Probably my favorite trial captain.
Your favorite trail captain is NOT Lana?

Holy ****.

We found the shiny Pikachu. :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ula'ula had basically all the best trail characters.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 122751

11-19 years old is the only conclusion from the info that the game gives us
11 because that's how old you need to be to go on the Island Challenge and that itself is a requirement to becoming a Captain
19 because Captains have to give up on their position when they turn 20

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

View attachment 122751

The fact she might be 11 is a bit worring when I think about how much people like her

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It was mentioned in this video, I'm not sure how legit they are. Regardless of that, they're kind of cringy
OH wow that video is awful.

Regardless, it looks like they just said "I don't know" in reality.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
11-19 years old is the only conclusion from the info that the game gives us
11 because that's how old you need to be to go on the Island Challenge and that itself is a requirement to becoming a Captain
19 because Captains have to give up on their position when they turn 20
The fact she might be 11 is a bit worring when I think about how much people like her
Well it can't be any worse than how it was with Serena or Iris before her or Dawn before her or May before them all.
Fair points all.

An event like no other.
Damn straight.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

It was mentioned in this video, I'm not sure how legit they are. Regardless of that, they're kind of cringy
For the lazy, the statement made about it was:

"I have no idea. There are discussions around it, but there is no conclusion yet."

Some explain to me how that statement = 'Bethesda doubts Switch's power'.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

"I have no idea. There are discussions around it, but there is no conclusion yet."

Wasn't even Bethesda per se.

The correct attribution would be to Arkane Studios' Ricardo Bare, who wasn't sure if Prey could be ported to the Switch, though discussions had apparently been had.

Arkane Studios is now owned by ZeniMax Media, but that only makes it and Bethesda Softworks owned by the same parent company. The tie is tenuous at best, and in this context Bethesda hasn't said a thing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Watching The Know in 2016

"I have no idea. There are discussions around it, but there is no conclusion yet." + "How do we get people to watch?" + "Something negative and wrong" = 'Bethesda doubts Switch's power'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

They aren't sure, so there is doubt whether it can or not.

If they had no doubts itd be assured

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys, if the NSwitch impressed Todd, then why would he doubt the Switch's power?

I can't imagine him going, "Wow this is cool but it can't hold Skyrim"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from Star Wars Rogue One.

Holy crap, it was freaking INCREDIBLE!!! Hands down the best film I seen this year and a BIG step up from The Force Awakens. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you're a Star Wars fan and miss this.

My dad (who saw the original Star Wars in theaters way back when) loved it and even went as far as saying it was the second best Star Wars film only to the original film.

Watch it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watching The Know in 2016

"I have no idea. There are discussions around it, but there is no conclusion yet." + "How do we get people to watch?" + "Something negative and wrong" = 'Bethesda doubts Switch's power'

I have no idea who "The Know" are, they just appeared in my feed

They're pretty cringy though, that's the only real thing I noticed about them

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you mean me going blue, then yes.
Ok, good.

Guys, if the NSwitch impressed Todd, then why would he doubt the Switch's power?

I can't imagine him going, "Wow this is cool but it can't hold Skyrim"
True, but I imagine they are talking about newer games working on it. That's my only worry about 3rd party support, that if the Switch isn't as powerful, it'll get less support from other companies.

Granted, companies like Capcom, Sega and kind of sorta Ubisoft would probably end up supporting anyway. I could see some stuff from indie companies doing well, given these past few years.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wonder Trading a bunch of Luxury Ball Goomy named Squid Icarus. . .holding Luxury Balls.

I've done eight trades so far and three of them have been hatchling Abras, all from different OTs. I guess people are breeding for Synchronize?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wonder Trading a bunch of Luxury Ball Goomy named Squid Icarus. . .holding Luxury Balls.

I've done eight trades so far and three of them have been hatchling Abras, all from different OTs. I guess people are breeding for Synchronize?
I'm not sure. I think Japan is just sending them out for some reason.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tapu Fini struggled to death lmao.
She really is a *****, but is in my hand with the burn strategy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I named my original, true 100% legit perfect porygon-Z Malware.Exe

I named my breed from a hacked Porygon-Z 1337 h4Xx0r

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So while I was busy playing through Trials and Tribulations to clear my backlog for Spirit of Justice yesterday, I missed out on a mass-scale blueing of this part of the boards. I don't think I've much left to contribute to the discussion other than saying that even though I've played through T&T once before, that doesn't make the events that transpire any more dramatic.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My friggin' Goodness. I can't believe someone did the trade

I put up one of my porygons in beast balls online for a Guzzlord

Someone took it

Status
Not open for further replies.