• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Let's test Xurkitree with Electric Terrain up on the Battle Tree"
>Team is Tapu Koko, Xurkitree and Baile Oricorio
>First opponent is a Janitor with Mudsdale, Garchomp and Gastrodon
This went from "opponents adapt to your team" to "straight up bull****" really quickly

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*checks PSN sales*

Oh wow, they have Guilty Gear Xrd for $15

>It's Sign and not Revelator

Really, that's stupid

It doesn't, but usually it's not too great of an idea to hold off vital information that will most definitely influence purchases of the product until it's almost out.
To be fair, it would have been swallowed hard by all the PSX announcements.

Same reason why the Switch reveal happened in October so they wouldn't be overshadowed at E3 or have other stuff get talked about moreso. They were in most cases in fear that the Pro and Scoprio would overshadow the Switch

Nintendo's greedy and they want ALL the attention and want it all for good. Plus not to **** over the 3DS last holiday season

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
*checks PSN sales*

Really, that's stupid

Same reason why the Switch reveal happened in October so they wouldn't be overshadowed at E3 or have other stuff get talked about moreso. They were in most cases in fear that the Pro and Scoprio would overshadow the Switch

Nintendo's greedy and they want ALL the attention and want it all for good. Plus not to **** over the 3DS last holiday season
Actually there was a sale on Rev not too long ago on PSN. You missed your chance there bud.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I changed the typing of my 3 stage pokemon Dinout, Rapturst and Torrex to Ice/Poison type. Poison typing cause they are based of the Gila Monster and Komodo Dragon and Ice cause these pokemon appear in the cold area of the region(which takes over 80% of said region). They are also obviously based off dinos too.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It doesn't, but usually it's not too great of an idea to hold off vital information that will most definitely influence purchases of the product until it's almost out.
That implies that it even is vital information. The only people who care about the "vital information" are hardcore gamers like us (hardcore in the sense that we spend our time on a video game website talking about video games, that's something the general consumer doesn't do). Most people just see Nintendo (or whatever else) on the box and purchase it. So long as Nintendo markets it well, which they have, it doesn't matter if they withhold the "vital information" because the general consumer is already hooked.

*checks PSN sales*

Really, that's stupid

It's $20 on Amazon, if you're willing to wait for it to be shipped
https://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-Revelator-PlayStation-4/dp/B0188YF39W

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, another Top 10 regarding Sun and Moon....
Cutest Sun/Moon Pokemon
10-Pikipek

9-Rockruff

8-Alolan Sandshrew

7-Rowlet

6-Ribombee

5-Mimikyu

4-Nebby
Pew!
3-Alolan Vulpix

2-Litten

1-Jangmo-o

I have a weakness for baby dragons....

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Mad late on this,but I'm just saying he could've brought more to the table :p I love the music that plays though.
Choice of words has done it again.

You said he.

Which means not me.

Which means you're free. Keep rollin G.

Now for more recent fare.

That is every man's desires. He is a man among men after all.
Still don't follo-

Gay men would only want hometown in this scenario.
Oh. Oh. It's people, isn't it? Life and Hometown is people.

Soylent Green. Gotcha.

Hmm... how about Blubudae? First half is blubber. The second half is from Psychrolutidae, the family it's form.
Dunno, second half doesn't really take much away from the reference. Might make it a bit hard to connect the two.

Blubutidae or Blubblutidae would probably make that connection clearer, at the expense of four syllables apiece.

I'm hard pressed to find anything we're missing that could fit this criterion.

Hardware specs are a moot point. We're aware that it will be powered by an Nvidia Tegra SoC architecture, by Nvidia's admission the same stuff in their GeForce cards. Architecture has been implied to be either Maxwell (previous gen) or Pascal (current gen) and despite better energy efficiency and horsepower Pascal runs a lot hotter and was even worse when Ninty was originally engineering the Switch, leading Nintendo Insider's sources to suggest Maxwell's inside there.

We know they're supporting Unity and Unreal Engine, which gives indies and third party devs a leg up on compatibility. We know its graphical capability won't stack with Xbox One or PS4 on their own terms - partly because Ninty has never given a wet fart about that and partly because its Tegra can't push 4K HD, while PS4s and Xbone Scorpios can. If you want VR out of this thing you're likely barking up the wrong tree.

The only real remaining questions are battery life, online support, general experience, and launch lineup. We should hear about launch lineup in January. We'll have a string of reviews on the experience in general from the hands-on event beginning on Jan 13 and criss-crossing NA through March. The other two we won't hear about until long past launch.

If the two months of information saturation following Jan 12th isn't sufficient to sell you, you're either waiting for a battery life review that you didn't get - and likely wouldn't until post-launch - or you likely wouldn't buy it on launch day (or at all) in the first place.

And every part of that is just fine.

A burst is good, but what Ninty really needs out of the Switch is sustained interest. They need a fairly constant ebb and flow of good titles with good hype. They need to really double down on supporting it with solid updates and features, especially in the online realm. They need that over half a decade. They won't get it in January - they won't get it in July - we won't even know if they've gotten it or not until Gumshoos' first term is up. And nearly all of that is going to be support for titles and support for communities around those titles. We ain't getting reliable word on that before release.

And that's my rant quota for the day.

That implies that it even is vital information. The only people who care about the "vital information" are hardcore gamers like us (hardcore in the sense that we spend our time on a video game website talking about video games, that's something the general consumer doesn't do). Most people just see Nintendo (or whatever else) on the box and purchase it. So long as Nintendo markets it well, which they have, it doesn't matter if they withhold the "vital information" because the general consumer is already hooked.
To wit, there is one thing which the "hardcore" crowd and even the "casual" crowd don't know that they still need to:

What's online support going to look like?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, another Top 10 regarding Sun and Moon....
Cutest Sun/Moon Pokemon
10-Pikipek

9-Rockruff

8-Alolan Sandshrew

7-Rowlet

6-Ribombee

5-Mimikyu

4-Nebby
Pew!
3-Alolan Vulpix

2-Litten

1-Jangmo-o

I have a weakness for baby dragons....
This is some bull****

Mimikyu ain't number 1. Atleast Litten is 2

D

Deleted member

"Alright, MAL, I'm on vacation so I have time for manga. Give me recommendations based on Bokura no Hentai"
>Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai suru
Vaguely related going by the synopsis and not what I'm looking for at all
>Shishunki Bitter Change
This is a supernatural gemder bemder manga. No, thanks
>Yubisaki Milk Tea
Eh... EH... I don't like where this is going with the title. Also, ">Ecchi"; I definitely don't like where this is going
>Kurayami ni Strobe
Seems cool, prolly check it later but not interested right now
>Himegoto
God****ing damnit not this ****ing piece of ****. Never before have I seen a mistake as big as this. Also, this show is the reason crossdressing anime are dead
Uh, what's this?
>Wandering Son
Let's see...
>Artstyle is similar to BnH's
You got my attention...
>Synopsis tells me it's exactly what I'm looking for
Oh, nice
>Treats itself seriously
You don't see that everyd--
>There's a ****ing anime adaptaion
I'm sold
>It won the Best Animated Broadcast Release at the 65th Motion Picture and Television Engineering Society of Japan Awards in 2012.(whatever that means it must be good, right?)
Jfc I'm so sold right now
I know what I'll be binge-watching later today because right now it's 2am and I need to sleep lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is some bull****

Mimikyu ain't number 1. Atleast Litten is 2
I mean.....

You caan make your own list....

In other news I just got a Shiny Bruxish from Wondertrade....thing is still hideous....

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Choice of words has done it again.

You said he.

Which means not me.

Which means you're free. Keep rollin G.

Now for more recent fare.

Still don't follo-

Oh. Oh. It's people, isn't it? Life and Hometown is people.

Soylent Green. Gotcha.

Dunno, second half doesn't really take much away from the reference. Might make it a bit hard to connect the two.

Blubutidae or Blubblutidae would probably make that connection clearer, at the expense of four syllables apiece.

I'm hard pressed to find anything we're missing that could fit this criterion.

Hardware specs are a moot point. We're aware that it will be powered by an Nvidia Tegra SoC architecture, by Nvidia's admission the same stuff in their GeForce cards. Architecture has been implied to be either Maxwell (previous gen) or Pascal (current gen) and despite better energy efficiency and horsepower Pascal runs a lot hotter and was even worse when Ninty was originally engineering the Switch, leading Nintendo Insider's sources to suggest Maxwell's inside there.

We know they're supporting Unity and Unreal Engine, which gives indies and third party devs a leg up on compatibility. We know its graphical capability won't stack with Xbox One or PS4 on their own terms - partly because Ninty has never given a wet fart about that and partly because its Tegra can't push 4K HD, while PS4s and Xbone Scorpios can. If you want VR out of this thing you're likely barking up the wrong tree.

The only real remaining questions are battery life, online support, general experience, and launch lineup. We should hear about launch lineup in January. We'll have a string of reviews on the experience in general from the hands-on event beginning on Jan 13 and criss-crossing NA through March. The other two we won't hear about until long past launch.

If the two months of information saturation following Jan 12th isn't sufficient to sell you, you're either waiting for a battery life review that you didn't get - and likely wouldn't until post-launch - or you likely wouldn't buy it on launch day (or at all) in the first place.

And every part of that is just fine.

A burst is good, but what Ninty really needs out of the Switch is sustained interest. They need a fairly constant ebb and flow of good titles with good hype. They need to really double down on supporting it with solid updates and features, especially in the online realm. They need that over half a decade. They won't get it in January - they won't get it in July - we won't even know if they've gotten it or not until Gumshoos' first term is up. And nearly all of that is going to be support for titles and support for communities around those titles. We ain't getting reliable word on that before release.

And that's my rant quota for the day.

To wit, there is one thing which the "hardcore" crowd and even the "casual" crowd don't know that they still need to:

What's online support going to look like?
Well, I'd imagine it'll either be like the Wii U's or better

Ivander

Smash Legend
In Overwatch news, 9 boxes in and I got my first Christmas Legendary, Jingle Tracer. Not bad. So far, the Christmas costumes I've gotten are Tracer, McCree and Pharah(especially happy I got this one), which is pretty fantastic so far. Besides those, I also got 2 Emotes for Reinhardt and Ana respectively, Bastion's Gearbot Legend skin, Ana's Christmas Victory Pose and Genji's Christmas line(and that one on my first box rather fittingly. "Merry Christmas!"). So far so good. Here's hoping the nice streak keeps going.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Made a new Pokémon line. The interesting thing here is that its a fourth choice for my starter line, which I've posted before- Felitana, Wizakanine, and Salaelder, who are based off of RPG classes- a Samurai, a Wizard, and a Monk.

Now here's my fourth- a Healer class, Eternasoul. Its type is Normal, and unlike the other three, it has no secondary typing.
010: Alliaid, the Helpful Pokémon
Pokédex: Alliaid are small, friendly Pokémon that spend their time wandering towns and cities full of humans and Pokémon. If they come across anyone who has an open wound or are sick, it will immediately seek out medical help, or if it can, treat the damage itself. Alliaid are a common sight in schools and playgrounds due to their haste in emergency situations.
Type: Normal
Ability: Outburst: Powers up Normal-Type moves when the Pokemon is in trouble.
Hidden Ability: Natural Cure
-
011: Medipal, the Assistant Pokémon
Pokédex: These Pokémon are loving, affectionate, and caring. Medipal are widely favored by doctors because of these traits. They also have some form of healing ability, which is still being researched to this day. Scientists believe Medipal have somehow learned how to tap into their own life force and duplicate their energy and bestow it to soneone hurt or sick to cure them. They are incredibly rare unfortunantly, and as a result are highly prized Pokémon.
-
012: Eternasoul, the Mercy Pokémon
Pokédex: Eternasoul is the result of a Medipal learning the full extent of its healing powers and evolving through the use of said powers. After evolving, Eternasoul stubbornly refuses to use its powers for anyone except its trainer that its bonded with. It is said that trainers who've bonded with Eternasoul live much, much longer then other humans, records stating these numbers go up to the 1000s. When the trainer is ready to die, Eternasoul will follow.
Hidden Ability: Sacred Veil: The Pokemon only takes damage from attacks
Signature Attack: Health Control
Base Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Effect: Prevents the target from healing and hits Ghost-Types.
-
So basically, a very defensive Pokémon with no big offensive presence other then its signature attack. Still working on the base stats, as I am with the other three. Other moves it can learn includes Recover, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Taunt and a plethora of restorative/status/TM moves. I'm still working on it, but so far, I think its pretty good- I'm liking it.
EDIT: Oh right before I forget- before anyone asks why Eternasoul and Wizakanine have the same kind of H.A.- its because Wizakanine got a new ability. I'm still working on it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Smash Direct from last year. Not very good memories from this day. Just a huge feeling of sadness, disappointment, and bitterness after a long period of Smash speculation only for the climax to be what it was. I made a vow to never buy :4corrin::4bayonetta: and here we are a year later, still haven't bought either character and I got no plans to do so ever. Left me feeling so bad about Smash Bros that I just wanted nothing to do with this site for 2 and a half months until I came back in March.

Though I will say my behavior that day was rather uncalled for scrutinizing people who liked what happened and being a **** all in all. If I was acting like a **** to anyone one of you that day then I want to apologize for the way I acted. Really bad of me.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bby come back :139:
You can blame it all on me :139:

Well, I'd imagine it'll either be like the Wii U's or better
Wii U is not an encouraging example overall, but it was a sophomore effort.

As the Switch will at minimum be using wifi more out and about (if not also cell towers, but that's more personal wild guessing) I'd imagine they're going to lean on it more. We'll have to see whether that translates to more competent offerings.

Made a new Pokémon line. The interesting thing here is that its a fourth choice for my starter line, which I've posted before- Felitana, Wizakanine, and Salaelder, who are based off of RPG classes- a Samurai, a Wizard, and a Monk.

Now here's my fourth- a Healer class, Eternasoul. Its type is Normal, and unlike the other three, it has no secondary typing.
010: Alliaid, the Helpful Pokémon
Pokédex: Alliaid are small, friendly Pokémon that spend their time wandering towns and cities full of humans and Pokémon. If they come across anyone who has an open wound or are sick, it will immediately seek out medical help, or if it can, treat the damage itself. Alliaid are a common sight in schools and playgrounds due to their haste in emergency situations.
-
011: Medipal, the Assistant Pokémon
Pokédex: These Pokémon are loving, affectionate, and caring. Medipal are widely favored by doctors because of these traits. They also have some form of healing ability, which is still being researched to this day. Scientists believe Medipal have somehow learned how to tap into their own life force and duplicate their energy and bestow it to soneone hurt or sick to cure them. They are incredibly rare unfortunantly, and as a result are highly prized Pokémon.
-
012: Eternasoul, the Mercy Pokémon
Pokédex: Eternasoul is the result of a Medipal learning the full extent of its healing powers and evolving through the use of said powers. After evolving, Eternasoul stubbornly refuses to use its powers for anyone except its trainer that its bonded with. It is said that trainers who've bonded with Eternasoul live much, much longer then other humans, records stating these numbers go up to the 1000s. When the trainer is ready to die, Eternasoul will follow.
Hidden Ability: Sacred Veil: The Pokemon only takes damage from attacks
Signature Attack: Health Control
Base Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Effect: Prevents the target from healing and hits Ghost-Types.
-
So basically, a very defensive Pokémon with no big offensive presence other then its signature attack. Still working on the base stats, as I am with the other three. Other moves it can learn includes Recover, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Taunt and a plethora of restorative/status/TM moves. I'm still working on it, but so far, I think its pretty good- I'm liking it.
I like it if your game leans heavily on doubles, and in concept enjoy it all round, but I have major reservations about it as a starter, though. As a rule your starter needs to deal out some decent hits in order to succeed in the initial stages of the game, at least up through the first gym (or equivalent) or so.

In most RPGs even white-mage-style classes, or even traditional tank-y clerics, have some way to crack an opponent in the head when not healing; usually this translates to holy magic or something very like it. I'd suggest providing the line with some Sp. Atk-based Normal, Psychic, and Fairy moves to round out its repertoire. Give it whatever hits you like; just make sure its Sp. Atk growth doesn't veer too hard into sweeper territory and it should be good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was gathering synchronizers and encountered a random Shiny Alolan Meowth. Nice.

Didn't nickname it and may or may not evolve it, but I like the color on it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
"So, Burruni. You were a big Symmetra player before the rework. How do you feel about her?"

Pretty good.
1st game with the new goddess.
And got the snowflake highlight off of it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow, 1 year since the last Smash Direct? Man, so much has happened between before and now. That's kinda crazy.
While I was a little dissapointed that Bayonetta was the winner of the ballot (come on, nobody saw that coming). In the end, I was more happy that the Smash speculation was finally over, since it was just becoming toxic to me and people expectation were becoming too high, so while there was alot of people angry because of Corrin and Bayo', I just accepted the whole thing and move on.
Plus, the two are fun to play, which is the most important part of a character IMO.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Smash Direct from last year. Not very good memories from this day. Just a huge feeling of sadness, disappointment, and bitterness after a long period of Smash speculation only for the climax to be what it was. I made a vow to never buy :4corrin::4bayonetta: and here we are a year later, still haven't bought either character and I got no plans to do so ever. Left me feeling so bad about Smash Bros that I just wanted nothing to do with this site for 2 and a half months until I came back in March.

Though I will say my behavior that day was rather uncalled for scrutinizing people who liked what happened and being a **** all in all. If I was acting like a **** to anyone one of you that day then I want to apologize for the way I acted. Really bad of me.
The final Smash Direct just left me feeling kind of underwhelmed, not really upset. It was hard to be upset after all we got. Even though ending on Corrin and Bayonetta was a weird note. It's likely due to the fact that they were the last to start development, but ending on Cloud would've been a lot more impactful.

And I still haven't bought Corrin either, though not really for spiteful purposes... I'm just not interested in him. Not interested in the promotional angle of which resulted in his inclusion, not interested in another FE character, not interested in financially supporting practices I didn't really love. Plus the character, although he looked pretty unique, didn't do anything for me anyway.

Bought Bayo, though probably wouldn't if they had kept her ugly giraffe proportions. Yuck. :p Thank god they made her more in line with the cast.
Also her stage is fantastic.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like it if your game leans heavily on doubles, and in concept enjoy it all round, but I have major reservations about it as a starter, though. As a rule your starter needs to deal out some decent hits in order to succeed in the initial stages of the game, at least up through the first gym (or equivalent) or so.
Think of Alliaid like Chikorita. It has a more defensive movepool but it has a few attacks to get it through the game. Now, Alliaid is not going to be as limited of course. It has a wide TM movepool due to its typing- having access to moves like Shadow Ball and Psyshock- and it can learn moves as it levels up, such as Draining Kiss and Tri Attack. Its level up movepool is still being made.
In most RPGs even white-mage-style classes, or even traditional tank-y clerics, have some way to crack an opponent in the head when not healing; usually this translates to holy magic or something very like it. I'd suggest providing the line with some Sp. Atk-based Normal, Psychic, and Fairy moves to round out its repertoire. Give it whatever hits you like; just make sure its Sp. Atk growth doesn't veer too hard into sweeper territory and it should be good.
The base stats of Eternasoul are still being developed. However yes, its primary offensive stat is Sp.Attack, as is the usual for most walls and clerics. It still gets the offensive attacks to be able to strike opponents down, but its idea competitively, which is really my on-point concern with all the Pokémon I create, is to be a bulky Pokémon utilizing support moves and shutting down stall with its signature attack.

In short, I can guarantee it is being given the Starter necessities to be able to be usable in game, but the overall idea of the Pokémon is support.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so while there was alot of people angry because of Corrin and Bayo', I just accepted the whole thing and move on.
I wish more people did this rathr then go into a tizzy about them. Also Corrin was fun to play and Ryu probably is still hard for me lol and Bayo is still my baby

I cant help but feel like people mad at Bayo and corrin is all out of spite of not liking them/not being who they want

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The final Smash Direct just left me feeling kind of underwhelmed, not really upset. It was hard to be upset after all we got. Even though ending on Corrin and Bayonetta was a weird note. It's likely due to the fact that they were the last to start development, but ending on Cloud would've been a lot more impactful.

And I still haven't bought Corrin either, though not really for spiteful purposes... I'm just not interested in him. Not interested in the promotional angle of which resulted in his inclusion, not interested in another FE character, not interested in financially supporting practices I didn't really love. Plus the character, although he looked pretty unique, didn't do anything for me anyway.

Bought Bayo, though probably wouldn't if they had kept her ugly giraffe proportions. Yuck. :p Thank god they made her more in line with the cast.
Also her stage is fantastic.
It was just a super underwhelming way to go out on what I thought was a great selection of characters that were chosen prior. If Smash DLC was like a movie it would be like if all the cool things happened at the start-middle of the movie and the rest of it was filled with garbage (my personal opinion folks).

Maybe there's a lot of bitterness on my part but the way it went down just infuriated me. And TBH i'm not really all that in to either of the character's movesets so I really had no incentive to buy either character. Just a huge, bitter taste left in me after that day.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wish more people did this rathr then go into a tizzy about them. Also Corrin was fun to play and Ryu probably is still hard for me lol and Bayo is still my baby
Exactly, it's been 1 year now, we should accept what we have got instead of what we don't.
I wanted some character, and they weren't choose. Was I upset? Yeah, a little, but I just accepted the fact and played with the new character, we were all pretty fun!
Plus, Smash 4 mod will one day be able to create character, so it's just a question of time before we got SNAAAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR.......
Oops, I went overboard there.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I cant help but feel like people mad at Bayo and corrin is all out of spite of not liking them/not being who they want
Not even close. There's tons of characters that I don't even support that I would have accepted in Corrin's stead. Really don't like this argument, no offense.

Bayo I can tolerate given that she's the Ballot winner though personally I don't really like her.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I remember acting badly the first day after the final Direct because everyone else was.

After the first day or so I got sick of how I had acted and how everyone else was acting and started being one of the few people that actually let myself like the characters.

Really, Corrin's not even what I would really call a main, I just figured he needed some love at the time and put him there and hadn't gotten around to changing it back. I get the feeling the poor guy still needs the support now. He is fun to use, though.

Anything negative that could be said about the Direct is such a dead horse that it's used for glue now, so I guess the main thing to say is that we got a snarky hell witch who wears guns for shoes and hair that comes off when she attacks for clothes and a barefoot man with a chainsaw sword who also turns into a dragon, and considering those descriptions are absurd and awesome even by Smash standards there's definitely something to appreciate about that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not even close. There's tons of characters that I don't even support that I would have accepted in Corrin's stead. Really don't like this argument, no offense.

Bayo I can tolerate given that she's the Ballot winner though personally I don't really like her.
Well I wasnt trying to ague anything? I was just saying it felt like it, not that that is the reason

But I wont lie when I say too many people were unesserly bitter and just plain old mad and lashing out that day, it was nuts
Anything negative that could be said about the Direct is such a dead horse that it's used for glue now,
Is it good glue at least?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wish more people did this rather then go into a tizzy about them. Also Corrin was fun to play and Ryu probably is still hard for me lol
Corrin is definitely fun to play. I enjoy him the most of the FE characters, although Robin is a close second.

And then the fun thing about people rejecting him. Some people say they won't buy him because they don't support such practices.....then said people will buy Smash Switch(if it happens), thus supporting another known practice.:smirk:

In the end, some people just can't win. There's always that one exception they'll make. :skull:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I wasnt trying to ague anything? I was just saying it felt like it, not that that is the reason

But I wont lie when I say too many people were bitter and just mad that day
I didn't mean to be confrontational there. Sorry if it came out that way. I just see this sentiment all over the place and it really strikes a nerve with me because it's stretching the truth to silence criticism.

I was very mad that day and said some things that were quite frankly really dumb but I haven't changed my opinion on Corrin. More so given the fact that we could have gotten 2 Ballot characters which could have lead to that final Direct being a lot less divisive than it was.

Event more so if we got a Cloud/K. Rool/Bayonetta combo. There would be something in there for everyone and hardly anyone would be disappointed/upset.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Exactly, it's been 1 year now, we should accept what we have got instead of what we don't.
I wantec some character, and they weren't choose. Was I upset? Yeah, a little, but I just accepted the fact and played with the new character, we were all pretty fun!
Plus, Smash 4 mod will one day be able to create character, so it's just a question of time before we got SNAAAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR.......
Oops, I went overboard there.
I wonder if anyone made a Professor Layton mod yet. He was one of the main people I wanted, didnt get him, was sad, got over it pretty fast because I had villager and bayo pff
Corrin is definitely fun to play. I enjoy him the most of the FE characters, although Robin is a close second.
You dont know how fast I put Robin on my Husbando list. Same with Corrin, right in the husbando pile. :139:
Its the white hair, im tellin ya

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
One year since the last Smash direct?

Well I can say I was happy with the results, not that I would've been disappointed, I'm not super hardcore about who's in and who isn't so long Zero Suit Samus is (and now Palutena). Although, I will say that the inclusion of another 3rd party character is a lot more exciting to me, especially those like Ryu and Cloud who's respective series have sorta detached themselves from Nintendo. Brings me hope that a wider array of characters will be used for future entries. I've always thought Smash Bros was better off as a celebration of all things video games rather than just Nintendo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wonder if anyone made a Professor Layton mod yet. He was one of the main people I wanted, didnt get him, was sad, got over it pretty fast because I had villager and bayo pff
I am honestly surprised that there isn't one yet from what I know. But then again, there is so many mod that should exist by now. (where is my crossdressing Cloud?)

Burruni

Smash Hero
All I got out of any level of want in DLC was... :4lucas:. Didn't even care about :4mewtwo:or :4feroy: returning.
I bought everyone for completion's sake. Cloud and Corrin are good fighters and some of my most played, but I didn't have any level of want for them on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom