• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Idk.

Drampa's Moon entry is pretty heartwarming, as is Araquanid's.
Araquanid's is, until you read the other entry.

Also, I saw the size of the review and all I could think was:
I think you care a bit too much.
But then again, all I really care about is the gameplay and I just consider any other good things a bonus. And in cases like a really good gamemode or really good and enjoyable story, I just consider things I really enjoyed as a big bonus. But if I don't enjoy the gameplay, it tends to lower my view on the other aspects since I'm not in the best of moods. Meanwhile, if I find myself enjoying the game and gameplay, it allows me to me be at my best of moods and enjoy the other aspects more calmly when they come up.

But that being said, when it comes to the other aspects, I don't seem to care about them to the point where I just let the things that make me happy, laugh, etc, do so while the things I don't enjoy I just let them go by like a breeze of wind and that's it, then back into the gameplay and enjoying myself again. It's not like I don't acknowledge them, but I don't let them ruin my experience if I'm enjoying the other things. It also helps that I don't let hype get to me and I go in with a rather "Well, let's see what you have in store for me."
As such, I've rarely found a game where I haven't enjoyed myself at all, as my calm(and rather neutral) demeanor towards the other aspects in general allows me to find something enjoyable about the game I'm playing as long as I find myself having fun with the gameplay. I'm just someone who doesn't let the minor things ruin stuff for them.
It's why when I see people write out these big massive reviews about how a game sucks so much, why it is the worst thing ever and etc, etc, all that really comes to my mind is, "I think you care about the little things a bit too much." Like I'm not insulting whoever doesn't like whatever, if you didn't enjoy it, that's fine. Nothing wrong about that. Try to find stuff to enjoy. All I'm just saying is, "Just play and find what you enjoy. Sort out your priorities, lower your highest ones and just expect the worst rather than your highest expectations."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When I got a black screen for fifteen seconds, I'm convinced that there is something wrong with my copy of Pokémon Sun.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

More Fightcade action between me (TheUltraviolentIcon) and friend. This time it's the classic Marvel Super Heroes game from Capcom! Enjoy the show.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just realised how it's dumb of my pokemon regions dex to have bug pokemon that start as cocoons. Yes praline you're so smart.

Not.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So what you are telling me is that my hometown is ***

Jeez I know some people hate where they were born but this is ridiculous!
:061:
Welcome to life and hometown. lol

When I got a black screen for fifteen seconds, I'm convinced that there is something wrong with my copy of Pokémon Sun.
That's Team Skull's way of saying, "Stop the mean spirited jokes about their crib."

How do you get that from that?
That is every man's desires. He is a man among men after all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Takaki's exact words were a bit more lewder than that. But you get the point.

That's his main philosophy for the series.
Talk about a horndog.

Welcome to life and hometown. lol

That's Team Skull's way of saying, "Stop the mean spirited jokes about their crib."

That is every man's desires. He is a man among men after all.

What about gay men?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Araquanid's is, until you read the other entry.

Also, I saw the size of the review and all I could think was:

But then again, all I really care about is the gameplay and I just consider any other good things a bonus. And in cases like a really good gamemode or really good and enjoyable story, I just consider things I really enjoyed as a big bonus. But if I don't enjoy the gameplay, it tends to lower my view on the other aspects since I'm not in the best of moods. Meanwhile, if I find myself enjoying the game and gameplay, it allows me to me be at my best of moods and enjoy the other aspects more calmly when they come up.

But that being said, when it comes to the other aspects, I don't seem to care about them to the point where I just let the things that make me happy, laugh, etc, do so while the things I don't enjoy I just let them go by like a breeze of wind and that's it, then back into the gameplay and enjoying myself again. It's not like I don't acknowledge them, but I don't let them ruin my experience if I'm enjoying the other things. It also helps that I don't let hype get to me and I go in with a rather "Well, let's see what you have in store for me."
As such, I've rarely found a game where I haven't enjoyed myself at all, as my calm(and rather neutral) demeanor towards the other aspects in general allows me to find something enjoyable about the game I'm playing as long as I find myself having fun with the gameplay. I'm just someone who doesn't let the minor things ruin stuff for them.
It's why when I see people write out these big massive reviews about how a game sucks so much, why it is the worst thing ever and etc, etc, all that really comes to my mind is, "I think you care about the little things a bit too much." Like I'm not insulting whoever doesn't like whatever, if you didn't enjoy it, that's fine. Nothing wrong about that. Try to find stuff to enjoy. All I'm just saying is, "Just play and find what you enjoy. Sort out your priorities, lower your highest ones and just expect the worst rather than your highest expectations."
It's probably best not to tell people to expect the worst, because then they go in preemptively deciding every game is bad. Indeed, I think to an extent expecting the worst is exactly what people who find that much negative are doing. The people who expect the best tend to just get badly hung up on one unimportant issue rather than finding every single thing in the game that they feel is wrong.

Rather, perhaps it's better to say that you shouldn't go into something expecting anything at all.

I find myself feeling the same way as you when I see some things on the internet, though, if it's alright for me to admit that.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Talk about a horndog.

What about gay men?
Oh right, should have been more specific.

Heterosexual and bisexual men mostly.

Gay men would only want hometown in this scenario.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
3 months before release and we barely know a thing about the Switch aside from some games. What is Nintendo doing?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
3 months before release and we barely know a thing about the Switch aside from some games. What is Nintendo doing?
They're waiting until January to tell us about it....like they told us...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Playing chicken.

Social media has proven you can make a video game announcement and it'll spread in like, a day. But the accelerated growth comes with a shorter lifespan and also means that people will get bored and require additional news to stay interested in something after, like, a week.

Nintendo intends to make the brunt of their news hit as close to the release as possible so that people will actually remember to purchase their product before the initial hype of seeing it shown off wears off.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Playing chicken.

Social media has proven you can make a video game announcement and it'll spread in like, a day. But the accelerated growth comes with a shorter lifespan and also means that people will get bored and require additional news to stay interested in something after, like, a week.

Nintendo intends to make the brunt of their news hit as close to the release as possible so that people will actually remember to purchase their product before the initial hype of seeing it shown off wears off.
Pretty much.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's probably best not to tell people to expect the worst, because then they go in preemptively deciding every game is bad. Indeed, I think to an extent expecting the worst is exactly what people who find that much negative are doing. The people who expect the best tend to just get badly hung up on one unimportant issue rather than finding every single thing in the game that they feel is wrong.

Rather, perhaps it's better to say that you shouldn't go into something expecting anything at all.

I find myself feeling the same way as you when I see some things on the internet, though, if it's alright for me to admit that.
I definitely should've worded it better. But when I meant about, "Expect the worst rather than the highest expectations(the best)", I meant something along the lines of, "Don't expect what you really want to to happen, cause it will likely make you disappointed. Don't expect much cause if you lower your expectations, you won't be as disappointed if nothing much did happen or it allows more room for surprise if something you weren't expecting much out of does happen."

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm over 450 lbs.

You're not on my level.
Yikes. And I thought I had it really bad by being 6'4 and 265lbs.

Technically i'm obese though I don't look really fat unless I have my shirt off. I'm also actively trying to lose 2lbs per week which i've been doing successfully. Only 20lbs before I get out of the obese BMI range.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Well, what difference does it make whether you know now or then?
It doesn't, but usually it's not too great of an idea to hold off vital information that will most definitely influence purchases of the product until it's almost out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom