• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
OK. At first, I was excited about everybody moving at the same time, as things go a lot faster that way.
But then I remembered how some events are triggered by players landing on the same space and how you could strategize by watching other people's moves.

Eh. I'm fine with it unless there's no online mode.
If Mario Party still can't be played online in 2016 I might want to break somebody's neck.
RIP someone neck.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is good news.

I'd rather Nintendo bring back Linkle than to make Link a female.
That's not legitimately making Link a female. That's an entirely different person who wasn't chosen to be the hero nor has the hero's spirit.

Link being female means it actually being Link being female. No more, no less. The hero's spirit is just a soul. It has literally no gender to speak of. Souls don't really have that kind of thing going for them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Retweet it.

Bring as much attention to it as you can.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Very happy that there won't be a fem-link. Link, isn't just an avatar, he has an identity. He's a man.
If you want to play as a female in zelda, the best idea would be to make it to where you can play as zelda, at least for certain parts of the game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On Twitter, they are calling the new Zelda a "Walking Simulator"

Twitter is not impressed

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh, they announced a new mario party?

What's the gimmick this time?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I tend to like the female characters more than male so female link being gone is dissapointing. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Looks like someone REALLY liked that watch_dogs trailer and wanted to join Dedsec if they are downloading the demo :p

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm happy to hear that they'd go with Zelda as a main character over femLink! Give Zelda her chance to shine instead of giving us a pointless genderswap!!

I want to see this in a future game at some point!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If the Zelda demo ends up on the internet...I could actually play it...

I've already got into Wii U hacking...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Grab your glow-in-the-dark generic enemies and waifu bait while you can!"

:p
The first series is so saturated in stores they have it discounted in Walmart

I think I'll wait

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Very happy that there won't be a fem-link. Link, isn't just an avatar, he has an identity. He's a man.
If you want to play as a female in zelda, the best idea would be to make it to where you can play as zelda, at least for certain parts of the game.
People don't want to "play as a female", they want Link to be playable as a generic avatar.

Look, no other option is possible but a female Link for what people are actually asking for. All those suggestions won't satisfy them.

It's fine if it never happens, but that will never be a solution they'll accept. Link was not created with an identity in mind. He was created as purely a generic avatar(and no, he does not have any real identity beyond being the chosen hero and having the soul of the hero. Being male has no bearing on the story and is just nothing more than a "we're used to doing it").

Link only has a legit identity in the non-canon stuff like the TV show and mangas. Where he has a legit personality. And even then, only the tv show does much where making him male even remotely matters.

Again, it's fine if people don't prefer the option. But no other options is good enough for a female Link option. It's Female Link or it doesn't count. There's too many that don't want to play as Zelda or Linkle in the same way. They also have their own identities, as completely unique characters.

Zelda is a spellcaster. She doesn't play like Link at all. Linkle is a crossbow user, and doesn't have any relation to the proper story. She's not a chosen hero. She doesn't have the Hero's Spirit(the Hero's Spirit is the only identity Link has, and that's just a genderless soul at best). The story does not nor has ever supported that Link must be male. He's treated completely generically. Frankly, the only thing that they have to do is actually make it so a lesbian romance implication is okay. That's the only problem female Link faces at best. It's not like Link talks to this day, just has grunts. Female grunts over male grunts is easy. Likewise, it's also easy to use a similar model. Don't overdo it. Make female Link somewhat flat. This makes it super easy to program the game. You just take a model with the same proportions in battle, and apply it there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Grab your glow-in-the-dark generic enemies and waifu bait while you can!"

:p
Waluigi is the waifu bait right?

Can't be Peach since she's out, but Waluigi is the only other Mario character that intentionally tries to woo people or turn them on.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People don't want to "play as a female", they want Link to be playable as a generic avatar.

Look, no other option is possible but a female Link for what people are actually asking for. All those suggestions won't satisfy them.

It's fine if it never happens, but that will never be a solution they'll accept. Link was not created with an identity in mind. He was created as purely a generic avatar(and no, he does not have any real identity beyond being the chosen hero and having the soul of the hero. Being male has no bearing on the story and is just nothing more than a "we're used to doing it").

Link only has a legit identity in the non-canon stuff like the TV show and mangas. Where he has a legit personality. And even then, only the tv show does much where making him male even remotely matters.

Again, it's fine if people don't prefer the option. But no other options is good enough for a female Link option. It's Female Link or it doesn't count. There's too many that don't want to play as Zelda or Linkle in the same way. They also have their own identities, as completely unique characters.

Zelda is a spellcaster. She doesn't play like Link at all. Linkle is a crossbow user, and doesn't have any relation to the proper story. She's not a chosen hero. She doesn't have the Hero's Spirit(the Hero's Spirit is the only identity Link has, and that's just a genderless soul at best). The story does not nor has ever supported that Link must be male. He's treated completely generically. Frankly, the only thing that they have to do is actually make it so a lesbian romance implication is okay. That's the only problem female Link faces at best. It's not like Link talks to this day, just has grunts. Female grunts over male grunts is easy. Likewise, it's also easy to use a similar model. Don't overdo it. Make female Link somewhat flat. This makes it super easy to program the game. You just take a model with the same proportions in battle, and apply it there.
I think Nintendo's answer is that they don't view Link as a generic player avatar but as an actual character

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Nintendo's answer is that they don't view Link as a generic player avatar but as an actual character
No, it isn't their answer. They didn't give one beyond "we'll think about it". This is why Linkle is playable, because people were really happy to see her.

Their answer was "Yeah, Zelda's an idea, but then why play Link?" They're pushing Link is the only playable option at this point. For the main games, anyway. Link changes forms too many times, so it's not like it really matters at this point. Wolf, Bunny, Zora, etc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's not legitimately making Link a female. That's an entirely different person who wasn't chosen to be the hero nor has the hero's spirit.

Link being female means it actually being Link being female. No more, no less. The hero's spirit is just a soul. It has literally no gender to speak of. Souls don't really have that kind of thing going for them.
If that's the case, why aren't feminists demanding for Zelda to be male?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really don't want to see a Zelda game. Not interested in a game with her in the leading role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom