• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Oh god, look at Guzzlord.

Look at how small that base is.

How would this thing even fit anywhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the datamine reveals a big secret that fans have been speculating on for Sun and Moon:

Only click if you've beaten the game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This, too, is Nightmare Fuel.

How does Celesteela look?
Not well.

It seems her model is one of the more uncooperative ones, so parts of her are all over the place. I did include both of her animations in that image, but there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between them.

I actually think she looks cute with her hand on her hip, swaggering like she thinks she's some kind of supermodel instead of a germaphobic eldritch romance cockroach.

My wishes are almost pitifully mundane by comparison. I kind of want to see how Lucario looks with his walk/run animations.

. . .

. . .ALTHOUGH. Some larger Legendaries might be nice too. The Sinnoh trio is what I have in mind in particular.
While not quite Lucario...

Toadtitan did get Mega Lucario done, you can see the rest of their album here, though no major legendaries have been done from what I've seen.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So the datamine reveals a big secret that fans have been speculating on for Sun and Moon:

Pfft I already knew that. It couldn't be a coincidence two characters in the game had the same name and blonde hair

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Curious to see Dhelmise's
Walk cycle.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Empoleon finally gets a trailer

It looks awesome
:061:
That is awesome. I like his focus on covering areas of the field with ice and sliding on them

Does any other pokemon in Pokken have a similar gimmick?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey can someone actually tell me the deal with QR codes in SuMo?

Can I just scan random codes?
You scan up to 10 codes a day, and after 10 you can scan the current item you are on to get a special pokemon that isn't on the alolan dex. The pokemon you scan are added as "seen" in your pokedex. There are QR codes for Shiny and sex differences for each pokemon. Although legendaries don't have QR codes.

You can also scan random QR codes you see anywhere else to get another pokemon, such as bulbasaur. Although it isn't added to the alolan dex and only serves to add points toward your daily scan total

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Not well.

It seems her model is one of the more uncooperative ones, so parts of her are all over the place. I did include both of her animations in that image, but there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between them.

While not quite Lucario...

Toadtitan did get Mega Lucario done, you can see the rest of their album here, though no major legendaries have been done from what I've seen.
Wait, THAT had one?!

That isn't even allowed in Amie! And for very good lore reasons, too.

I'm curious if that was a placeholder if if they actually planned on letting you use that. . .or HOW they planned on letting you do that if so, since it can't be triggered outside of battle.

That's pretty interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, THAT had one?!

I'm curious if that was a placeholder if if they actually planned on letting you use that. . .or HOW they planned on letting you do that if so, since it can't be triggered outside of battle.

I hacked X and Y and have megas out of battle

It's probably just to make up for hacks

Chrono.

That's rather disturbing.

And mostly because the music got all creepy and ****ed at the end.

D

Deleted member

Random Question: If you could add five additional music tracks to any of the stages exclusive to Smash for 3DS, which stage would you pick and what music would you add? You can also pick stages from past games not featured in the Wii U version such as Jungle Japes and Brawl's Yoshi's Island.

Example: Rainbow Road

Rainbow Road Medley
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
SNES Rainbow Road
N64 Rainbow Road
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii)
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just beat Very Hard Single Player in SSB64 with the game's worst character. This has taken me literally years to do.

The year of Luigi never ends.

(Edit: Forgot to add that the challenge was to use no continues.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can Shotgun Ice curve like in the gif? if not, then Id say Crystal Hunter
No it can't, so it must be Crystal Hunter. Seems odd for a traditional fighting game to have a weapon that turned non-boss enemies into crystallized platforms in the source material, but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No it can't, so it must be Crystal Hunter. Seems odd for a traditional fighting game to have a weapon that turned non-boss enemies into crystallized platforms in the source material, but whatever.
From the way it curves up, it looks to be an anti-air move

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Curious to see Dhelmise's
Walk cycle.
I'm on it!

Wait, THAT had one?!

As Psycho said, it's probably just hack-proofing them. From what I remember, you can also get them into Pokémon-amie/Refresh through hacking as well, even though it can't be done in regular play.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was discussing Sun and Moon's placement on the timeline and I came to a crazy idea that links the spinoffs and main games.

What if:

The Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness games are the result of an Ultra Wormhole?

Think about it.....

At the beginning of the games, you are traveling the future in some type of portal. You get attacked and the next thing you know, your on the beach with no memory.

These portals take you between worlds. Sounds like a wormhole right? A common thing in sy fi to travel to the past. Not to mention at the end of the game, it's revealed Darkrai messed with the dimensions and your trip causing you to be the way you are. How does Darkrai meet his defeat?

He opens up a wormhole in an attempt to escape and pull off his plan. But just then Palkila comes and breaks the wormhole restting the damage Darkrai caused.

What happens next? You find Darkrai wandering around with no memory... Just like those affected by the Ub Dimension....

But that's just a theory....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wishiwashi School form probably has a walking model too

If this were X and Y, I bet you'd be able to hack it out of battle

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
today i wnet on the ultimate rollercoaster of emotions

is s.o.s chaining for shiny cuebone 33 encounters in
looks away from screen with volume off pressing a
comeback to screen and see a shiny cuebone fainting
Curses fate
not even 40 encounters later another shows up
Welcome Reyes Ghost rider and king of the dead long may you reign

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yep, akin to Dhalsim's fireballs in SFV.

The only reason I thought it was Shotgun Ice at one point was because the actual projectile itself looked like ice.
I actually was looking at that too. It did look like ice but it looks like that ice shot had stars and not diamonds

Idk if that makes a difference but it was a difference I saw between the two

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shofu's got a shiny Araquanid

That is my most wanted Shiny

It looks so good

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Empoleon finally gets a trailer

It looks awesome
:061:
My god... the fact Empoleon is in a game like this BLOWS my mind. If it gets added to the Wii U/Switch version (if that ever happens), I will very likely buy the game. Make it happen before I go insane from hype overload, Nintendo. :p

Also, to everyone else here, I am currently on vacation (it started on Sunday, actually) and will not be back until Friday. Hope to see you all then as my (regularly/somewhat regularly) active self! :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Araquanid 1HKO Max HP EV'd Relaxed Celesteela with Liquidation and Rain

Edit: Oh, it was choiced though. Makes sense, you only want to use Liquidation

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is it easier to chain SOS or try and breed a shiny?
I'd say SOS. It seems to have higher odds, and you can get 5ivs easily after a chain of 40. It's easier to do the chain and can be don in a few hours, where as breeding can take days or months.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd say SOS. It seems to have higher odds, and you can get 5ivs easily after a chain of 40. It's easier to do the chain and can be don in a few hours, where as breeding can take days or months.
That's what I figured. I'm trying to breed an Adamant, Syncronize Abra to see if I can SOS chain

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know hearing people say that Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite looks a lot like Street Fighter X Tekken honestly just has me more excited. I may be in the minority in this I've but I absolutely adore that game. I just can't get over how incredibly diverse that roster is and how much love why into each individual characters. I would love a rerelease of that game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm guessing MMX's move in the trailer is supposed to be Shotgun Ice. It doesn't have the liquid look of Crystal Hunter. Though they'd probably do similar things anyhow. Making it lob upwards is probably just a way to set it apart when you already have his buster. But trapping moves don't last too long in Marvel games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is a test post.

Please don't mind.

:dazwa:

EDIT: Okay, I was just making a post to copy the emote to a Discord server. Carry on.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If its like past Marvel games, that may be a variation of the move.

L makes it go straight.
M may go slower.
H may lob.

etc.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We got leak bros :4cloud2:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection. This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card. It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports). FF VII to IX will be based only in newest ports. Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas. Graphical censorship included in some titles when they were released outside Japan will remain. The collection will have a built-in art gallery and a sound test menu to play songs from games included.

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Question. Marvel has to split the money they make from sales off of any X-Men or Fantastic 4 merchandise, right? What if characters like Wolverine were to be free DLC? Would that mean they could get away with not paying Fox anything due to not making any money off the content, or do they have to pay them simply for using the character, and if so how much would they have to pay them?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We got leak bros :4cloud2:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection. This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card. It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports). FF VII to IX will be based only in newest ports. Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas. Graphical censorship included in some titles when they were released outside Japan will remain. The collection will have a built-in art gallery and a sound test menu to play songs from games included.

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.
No word on Switch stuff huh?

Well that's a tad disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom