• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
even if people do receive higher education, is there enough jobs that need filling in it? For example, there is an overabundance of people in the medical field atm and it's hard to find jobs for it.

I know the job I went to school for has an overabundance of competition... that's why I still work at Walmart after graduating with Straight A's
They can all go work in psychological assistance fields.

It's next to impossible to actually arrange for appointments with anyone in those fields due to how booked they are. They can probably afford having thousands more people working in it. You never run out of people who are willing to look for that kind of help.

If it's seriously hard to find a job as a shrink then there's something wrong with how that system is being handled.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
OMG did anyone see the latest FNAF Markiplier video

It adds more to the story of FNAF Sister location

The animatronics left the body of Purple guy and hid in the drain scared, saying "He won't die"

Purple guys corpse fell down and laid there

...But then rose again, grinning
um.....okay.
Mariplier you say? *sighs* fine I guess I'll go to his channel for some good fnaf material.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They can all go work in psychological assistance fields.

It's next to impossible to actually arrange for appointments with anyone in those fields due to how booked they are. They can probably afford having thousands more people working in it. You never run out of people who are willing to look for that kind of help.

If it's seriously hard to find a job as a shrink then there's something wrong with how that system is being handled.
Psychology degrees are associated with useless degrees

Yeah, they are a tough field to actually get work into

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
um.....okay.
Mariplier you say? *sighs* fine I guess I'll go to his channel for some good fnaf material.
You can probably find the scenes by themselves if you look up the right thing without Markiplier

I had it in my recommended videos list but I can't seem to find it again

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
On second thought. Big chain grocery stores and such should definitely be worried about Amazon Go. More so the employees. How long until Wal Mart, Target and the major grocery chains just say ''We don't have to pay anyone? Yay!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Psychology degrees are associated with useless degrees

Yeah, they are a tough field to actually get work into
So basically it's "I'm not getting the big money/respect for this, I'm not doing it?"

I was afraid that might be the case.

" Sorry you go laid off, go get a job again"

I dont think its that easy to get another job
I was more talking about people looking for degrees to get into that didn't have jobs yet in the first place, although I wasn't speaking about anything I was particularly knowledgeable about anyway so much as stating what seemed to have a deficit from my perspective.

It probably depends on one's qualifications.

Specifically, people being qualified for "middle-tier" jobs. Things that require too much training to actually get into without an education but don't have the prestige to get people to actually study for them. No one wants to do certain kinds of middle class jobs, so they end up getting neglected while the entry level jobs fall out from under the industry and the high level jobs get overbloated.

That isn't to say that getting jobs in fields that require education but get no respect is SUPER easy, but I would assume it would at least be doable in that position. Even certain types of manual labor that require classes would probably have more openings than a lot of things on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

D

Deleted member

And yet the Toon artstyle has been used in SEVEN core Zelda titles since its debut in 2002.
But out of all of them, only Wind Waker wasn't a smaller budget handheld or multiplayer game. Every mainline console Zelda since Twilight Princess went with either a more realistic approach (Twilight Princess) or a balance between the two styles (Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So basically it's "I'm not getting the big money/respect for this, I'm not doing it?"

I was afraid that might be the case.

I was more talking about people looking for degrees to get into that didn't have jobs yet in the first place, although I wasn't speaking about anything I was particularly knowledgeable about anyway so much as stating what seemed to have a deficit from my perspective.

It probably depends on one's qualifications.

Specifically, people being qualified for "middle-tier" jobs. Things that require too much training to actually get into without an education but don't have the prestige to get people to actually study for them. No one wants to do certain kinds of middle class jobs, so they end up getting neglected while the entry level jobs fall out from under the industry and the high level jobs get overbloated.

That isn't to say that getting jobs in fields that require education but get no respect is SUPER easy, but I would assume it would at least be doable in that position. Even certain types of manual labor that require classes would probably have more openings than a lot of things on the extreme ends of the spectrum.
One of the reasons it's hard to get a job in Psychology is people don't want to see someone without experience, and people don't want to hire someone without experience. And to get experience you need to have experience.

It's sort of an incestuous field that doesn't reward outsiders

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What are you talking about? He just had a game!

:troll:
In all seriousness, I think MN9's biggest flaw was people thought they were getting 3D Mega Man 2 but we got one of the latter X games. Because incessant dialogue and screen covering tutorials were so overdue a comeback.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On second thought. Big chain grocery stores and such should definitely be worried about Amazon Go. More so the employees. How long until Wal Mart, Target and the major grocery chains just say ''We don't have to pay anyone? Yay!"
This won't catch on for quite some time dude.
I'm talking decades.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One of the reasons it's hard to get a job in Psychology is people don't want to see someone without experience, and people don't want to hire someone without experience. And to get experience you need to have experience.

It's sort of an incestuous field that doesn't reward outsiders
That sounds like every job application I have ever read.

It definitely sounds like one heck of a pickle. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe they should have more apprenticeships and assistants that help out and learn until they're ready to work on the task fully, but that's probably how it works already. It definitely sounds like something needs to be figured out sooner or later, though, because I get the feeling demand is much higher than supply.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I've been backtracking to spots I should have visited earlier in Sun and uh. . .

Am I feeding a Grimer poop right now, or am I reading into this too much?

Because it sounded like I'm feeding a Grimer poop.

And the guy seemed to be blaming my Pokemon for the poop, too. Not sure how since they're all in their Pokeballs.

*EDIT* Thinking on it it might possibly be just Trubbish crud, but why is that MY fault! I haven't even caught a Trubbish yet.

*EDIT EDIT* No, that's probably poop.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are you sure about that? I know Iron Galaxy and Backbone Entertainment worked on Origins and the 2009 digital rerelease of MvC2, respectively, but I don't remember Eighting being involved in either.
Yeah, I wasn't for sure hence the added 'if I'm not mistaken'. Though, Eighting was a pretty big help to them which makes it odd still, even if they didn't work on the two rereleases. Maybe Marvel games has some talented people, I dunno. It's a pretty big project for just Capcom or just Eighting.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've been watching Dragon Ball Z Kai as it aired on Toonami and they (as far as I can tell) ended the Cell saga.

Holy ****, that was great. I liked the previous sagas, but I loved this one, really kept me on my toes the whole time. Everyone had a part in it, and the overall ending was very satisfying.

I never watched Dragon Ball as a kid, but now I can see why it became such a big thing in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Playing a randomized Pokemon game, where you randomize Pokemon and move typings and stats, is so weird because you have NO idea what does what and any previous knowledge is basically pointless
Like how Shock Wave wasn't very effective on my Steel Azurill, it ****s up your mind

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
OK, I've been backtracking to spots I should have visited earlier in Sun and uh. . .

Am I feeding a Grimer poop right now, or am I reading into this too much?

Because it sounded like I'm feeding a Grimer poop.

And the guy seemed to be blaming my Pokemon for the poop, too. Not sure how since they're all in their Pokeballs.

*EDIT* Thinking on it it might possibly be just Trubbish crud, but why is that MY fault! I haven't even caught a Trubbish yet.

*EDIT EDIT* No, that's probably poop.
Yeah that little sidequest was... Unique. :4megaman:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does Alolan Muk and Grimer eat Trubbish?

In the area with Trubbish, they are only found at night while Grimer is there during the day.

Sincethey were brought over to eat trash, and Trubbish IS trash...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

In the area with Trubbish, they are only found at night while Grimer is there during the day.

I imagine either Trubbish or Garbodor would have that as flavour text if they do.

Trubbish Sun text

"Unsanitary places are what they like best. They can be spotted in Alola, often with Grimer in hot pursuit"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finds from this Randomized Emerald:
-Steel type Azurill with Immunity
-Machop with 4 Fighting STABs including Fighting!Frenzy Plant with 70BP and Fighting!Dragon Breath with 75BP. Also Fighting!Thief with 70BP and 90% hit so it has some nice utility as well

Trubbish and Grimer appear at the same time periods

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

The pokedex is pretty brutal with pokemon predation in this gen as seen with Mareanie, Sableye, and Toucannon...

Trubbish's entry does suggest they are being hunted by grimer...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finds from this Randomized Emerald:
-Steel type Azurill with Immunity
-Machop with 4 Fighting STABs including Fighting!Frenzy Plant with 70BP and Fighting!Dragon Breath with 75BP. Also Fighting!Thief with 70BP and 90% hit so it has some nice utility as well

Trubbish and Grimer appear at the same time periods
Oh. I guess it's just my luck I ran into them at different times

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Trubbish Sun text

"Unsanitary places are what they like best. They can be spotted in Alola, often with Grimer in hot pursuit"
And Garbos Moon Text
"For a time, their numbers increased explosively in Alola. Since the arrival of Grimer, their population has decreased dramatically."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rattata is now Fighting too and gets Fight!Dragon Breath so both it and Machop wrecking **** with so many stuff being weak to Fighting apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom