• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
@Trophies: There aren't any new trophies just yet. A nameless admin :smirk: apparently broke the trophy plugin a few years ago and Warchamp finally got around to fixing it yesterday. Ex. I only now just got my trophy for having become a mod two years ago.

Only bad news, it seems that the trophies that certain users earned for becoming Staff Members the past few years, having received promotions (Super Mod), or retirement may remain undetected by the plugin.
Now that I think about it, that honestly makes a lot more sense.

I'm still waiting for my profanity trophy, though. I think I'm on a pretty good streak. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
@Trophies: There aren't any new trophies just yet. A nameless admin :smirk: apparently broke the trophy plugin a few years ago and Warchamp finally got around to fixing it yesterday. Ex. I only now just got my trophy for having become a mod two years ago.

Only bad news, it seems that the trophies that certain users earned for becoming Staff Members the past few years, having received promotions (Super Mod), or retirement may remain undetected by the plugin.
Aright, that answers part of it. We still don't know what's it for.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

Trophies are actually built into XenForo. Someone broke it before I took over the site though. I figured out why it was broken the other day.

You can't lose a trophy, so retired mods will be missing it, yes. We also have a trophy manually given to retired mods, which probably didn't actually get handled in every case sadly

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because this trophy's the one everyone's actually earning. I don't even know what the other one's called.

I walk in and everything goes to absolute ****.

It be a meraculus sight...
What's it called?
:mad: is literally what it's called

I only just now got my 25000 post trophy too

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
i too now have this mythical trophy
WAT DO TO GET?

This is really the stuff of legends.

Soon enough we will crack this morse code and find the grand prize. Like a big pinata. With absolutely no mounds or almond joys and just the actual good stuff.

:mad: is literally what it's called
Huh.

My only guess is that you have to piss enough people off.
Isn't that a bad thing, though...?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had such a wonderful dream.

I was in the world of a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel.

The world was now round after Shulk created a new one and thus had a lot of new land to explore and claim.

This happened for years but people kept asking to worship Shulk/have the old party members as kings and queens. They all decided that they needed get out of the public eye. So they all went on the down low, changed their names and went on their separate ways. Shulk and Fiora were the only ones who still regularly saw each other. Apparently some kid wanted to go on an adventure to fight some baddies or something and Shulk joins him under his new moniker. On the way, they had met Fiora and she joined (including a romantic reunion scene). After that, I can't remember what happened but I know that Shulk and Fiora got found out by the new kid after some big Herat starts popping up. From there Shulk and Fiora decided that they needed to get the party back together.

Then I woke up.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But I want a trophy that I have no idea how to earn...:drsad:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I had such a wonderful dream.

I was in the world of a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel.

The world was now round after Shulk created a new one and thus had a lot of new land to explore and claim.

This happened for years but people kept asking to worship Shulk/have the old party members as kings and queens. They all decided that they needed get out of the public eye. So they all went on the down low, changed their names and went on their separate ways. Shulk and Fiora were the only ones who still regularly saw each other. Apparently some kid wanted to go on an adventure to fight some baddies or something and Shulk joins him under his new moniker. On the way, they had met Fiora and she joined (including a romantic reunion scene). After that, I can't remember what happened but I know that Shulk and Fiora got found out by the new kid after some big Herat starts popping up. From there Shulk and Fiora decided that they needed to get the party back together.

Then I woke up.
There's one problem with this lovely idea. Shulk never made the new world.
Actually, I want someone to convince me XCX2 wouldn't be bad

So what you're saying this mythical trophy's requirement just went from "what have you been doing in the past hour to cause this" to "literally everything you've done since joingjojoining smashboards"

Good luck detectives. If you figure this one out maybe you'll get a pay raise.

Who are we kidding Gumshoe will never get a raise
It wpuld actually have dev time for making a story and polish instead of just figuring out how HD works

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I only keep SmashBoards open in a tab from habit rather than any real activity, so I know I didn't do anything to get a trophy.

Unless it's a trophy for staying logged in for a ridiculously long time.

D

Deleted member

You know, as much as im interesed about getting more information of the upcoming Mega Man cartoon, i have this bad feeling that it will pull a Ghostly Adventures/Sonic Boom (in other words, make a cartoon that has a brand new continuity and a tie-in game that will leave a lot to be desired)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Wait, so first you say that something was on fire and that nothing was new, but now you say it's new? The AA player in me wants to report this post for the sake of an objection! :p
The moderator trophy was broken. I fixed it today.

While I was working with the trophy system, I added a new one for 25,000 posts.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I only keep SmashBoards open in a tab from habit rather than any real activity, so I know I didn't do anything to get a trophy.

Unless it's a trophy for staying logged in for a ridiculously long time.
That's not a bad idea, actually.

But it's not anything I'd try, myself.

But the title of the trophy doesn't seem to have anything to do with that.

Perhaps it could be a secret link? I highly doubt it, but maybe...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's one problem with this lovely idea. Shulk never made the new world.
Because XCX wasn't bad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, as much as im interesed about getting more information of the upcoming Mega Man cartoon, i have this bad feeling that it will pull a Ghostly Adventures/Sonic Boom (in other words, make a cartoon that has a brand new continuity and a tie-in game that will leave a lot to be desired)
It's from Man of Action, and I hear the games based on their shows are actually alright

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Because XCX wasn't bad.
That ending was ****ing atrocious Swamp, ESPECIALLY with that bull**** 5 phase finalboss. I speak from experience and 80 hours of playtime. It's overall good, but that ****ing endgame ruined loads of it for me
The moderator trophy was broken. I fixed it today.

While I was working with the trophy system, I added a new one for 25,000 posts.
I demand you change your testimony witness!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Ah yes, I see that one. The description's weird. Sludge could be a hint...
I don't think there's anybody one here with the name Sludge, though. Or a thread. The closest thing I can think of related to sludge is Swamp, but I highly doubt it...

And then I think it said something about a moon. Dunno if it has anything to do with anything, though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That ending was ****ing atrocious Swamp, ESPECIALLY with that bull**** 5 phase finalboss. I speak from experience and 80 hours of playtime. It's overall good, but that ****ing endgame ruined loads of it for me

I demand you change your testimony witness!
You just said it was overall good.

There ya go.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OBJECTION! That statement has nothing to do with what I said. I said I want to know why XCX2 wouldn't be bad, as we're clearly getting a sequel

If the first one wasn't bad, why would the second one be?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just got the mysterious trophy too, as well as the 1000 likes trophy.

Still don't have that moderator trophy though. But I DO have the retired staff one. :<

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Oh, you know the attorney nerds gets serious when they start pulling out the gifs.

But yeah, considering how I haven't really done much on here other than talk in threads (I've really only been here for a few weeks, after all) I don't think I could've done anything to get the trophy.

Again, still looking around for a secret link or something....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

TAKE THAT!
Because story ends on a cliff-hanger which is universally agreed to leave a sour taste in the mouths of players and there are still lots of flaws in the gameplay despite there being more than enough positives! This only puts doubt in the minds of fans, especially with that ridiculously cheap final boss!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think there's anybody one here with the name Sludge, though. Or a thread. The closest thing I can think of related to sludge is Swamp, but I highly doubt it...

And then I think it said something about a moon. Dunno if it has anything to do with anything, though.
Here's the description:

"It was born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon’s X-rays. It appears among filth."

I don't even know where to start here....

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
TAKE THAT!
Because story ends on a cliff-hanger which is universally agreed to leave a sour taste in the mouths of players and there are still lots of flaws in the gameplay despite there being more than enough positives! This only puts doubt in the minds of fans, especially with that ridiculously cheap final boss!

Never denied that.

But tell me.

Exactly, why wouldn't they change some of those aspects to make it better?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So there are new trophies? I guess the Mic_128 one was given an upgrade then.

Here's the description:

"It was born when sludge in a dirty stream was exposed to the moon’s X-rays. It appears among filth."

:088:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's the description:

That's the pokedex entry for Grimer.

He's the back room mascot.
:088:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Y'all jealous of my :mad: trophy?
Now I'm upset. you could have EASILY made a 'you guys mad' joke or something

Never denied that.

But tell me.

Exactly, why wouldn't they change some of those aspects to make it better?
Simple, the many flawed aspects of XCX...WEREN'T IN THE ORIGINAL GAME! Therefore it's possible to pull a Miyamoto Sticker Star and ultimately decrease the quality of the overall game! And now, Mr Saur, I have a question for you. CAN YOU PROVE THE ENDING ISN'T ABSOLUTELY SCUMMY?!?!?

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
...I can see clearly now that the rain is gone.

But now what? Do we just put in a specific phrase or something...?

Hm... I literally know absolutely nothing about pokemon, this is gonna be hard...

:089:

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
UMMM
I don't think we're supposed to say that.
What? It's just a Muk, poison type, number 89 on the pokedex, height's 3'11, and weighs 66.1 lbs.

...anything? Any triggers at all?
You all have grimer icons. We can see it
I certainly didn't see it 'till you pointed that out.

Maybe it's for back roomers only...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Simple, the many flawed aspects of XCX...WEREN'T IN THE ORIGINAL GAME! Therefore it's possible to pull a Miyamoto Sticker Star and ultimately decrease the quality of the overall game! And now, Mr Saur, I have a question for you. CAN YOU PROVE THE ENDING ISN'T ABSOLUTELY SCUMMY?!?!?

Has Monolith ever done a Sticker Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom