• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We may have reached the crowner in dumb things comics have done for shock value, even more than those Silver age covers. You ready?

Captain America is now a Nazi. The white one, in case your were confused. Wasn't one or more of his creators Jewish?
I'm in the "wait and see" crowd. People would have to be delusional if they actually think it'll be permanent. :p

To elaborate, despite the creators saying it is, indeed, permanent, keep in mind they've also done this kind of thing lots of times before: most notably, when Cap "definitely 100% died" after Civil War. Then bam, retcon.

I do trust Nick Spencer. He's done fantastic work in the past, especially his current ongoing Ant-Man run, which is amazing and should be a must-read for everyone by the way. :p

The current theory about what's happening is something like this: in the mini-event before this, the Pleasant Hill event, Cap got his new suit and shield and regained his strength after losing the Super Soldier Serum from his body. This was done, in part, by a sentient Cosmic Cube (don't ask) that was present. Do you know who was at Pleasant Hill at the time, and also has a huge association with Cosmic Cubes? The Red Skull. And the Red Skull, from the Uncanny Avengers storyline and Axis storyline, still has Professor Xavier's brain, and, as such, his powers. It was never shown having left the Red Skull. He still has them, and he was present when Cap regained his youth.

Long story short: the Red Skull is almost definitely behind this, despite what Spencer's saying publicly. Using Xavier's powers, he likely planted false memories in Cap's mind to make him think he's Hydra. Cap will be right as rain, the latest, by the end of this story arc (I'm giving it five more issues, tops, before he's back to normal).

The only thing I will say, though, is that the timing is atrocious. Civil War only recently hit theaters, and Steve finally gets his own title again. New readers are gonna want some Cap goodness, and then bam, Hydra.

Just my thoughts/theories on everything.

reading Opo's post (i assumed this was another alt timeline). . . did they seriously revive Capatin America? I know revival's is the name of the game but I assumed with
Bucky being the new Cap
They would have left that one stay dead. . . at least for a little longer. *sigh*

As for our not-so-caped crusader's new role, Marvel does weird stuff all the time you've gotta one up yourself somehow and with all the **** they've pulled in the past that's pretty damn hard. :p

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And now another dumb thing involving Captain America today. The first being idiotic fangirls trying to force their fanfiction to be canon yesterday. What's going to happen tomorrow?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I realize Teen Titans Go is trying to be its own thing.
I just don't think what it does, even as its own thing, is all that entertaining. Even if I didn't watch the original series, I'd just see Go as a generic kids show.
I mean mainly online with friends.

I've barely watched the original Teen Titans, I have no nostalgia for it.

Teen Titans Go looks terrible regardless to me.
I think Sega's post here actually answers that. Yes it's seen as bad, but I think that's just because it's meant to be a kids show.

Anyway, the Marvel thing shouldn't be that big.

Don't people remember the time, Thor's powers were split with a frog's?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we've gone full circle back to the silver age where dumb concept sold comics only they make them last for arcs instead of undoing them at the end of the issue.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile screw attack takes there lazer guided aim at the mn9 trailer.....which i cant post because nsfw language

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And one final old cover, note how they talk about how it's """""permanent""""".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Talking about Fates with my friend who only has Conquest
>Eventually gets to talking about our S-Supports because of course it would
>Friend is talking about how he went for Camilla admittedly a little bit for "those" reasons, but ended up really disappointed by her S-Support conversation and general logic for wanting to marry the avatar
>Now it's my turn to gush about Rinkah
>Talk about how sweet she gets and how intense her S-Support and bonding quotes get
>Go to look up the end of the S-Support to show him what I mean
>Can't find English version of it, so settle for Japanese version
>"It's probably the same, I'l just link him that"
>It's not the same, the last line is a way more emotionally intense quote
>mfw

My god, that line floored me. I would kill to hear that with her English VA.

*insert obligatory "DAMN YOU TREEHOUSE AND YOUR CENSORSHIP" here*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got a SmashBoards trophy called "Only the best is good enough!"

What is that exactly? All the description gives is "Can you figure out how to unlock this one?"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

What is that exactly? All the description gives is "Can you figure out how to unlock this one?"
I just got it too, if that helps

Because I doubt that we'd both get it at the same time by sheer coincidence.

Must have something to do with post timing, or maybe it's just something mods can give out. Like a mod prank.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576

I don't know how I got it either..

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
well...the second stages of the Gen 7 starters were revealed and....wait a minute...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So StarTropics I & II are coming to the North American Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow.

About friggin' time! Europe has had those titles since September last year!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only issue with the TTG's creators is that they outright mock the fans and act rather immaturely to the complaints. Not all the complaints were pure whining, with some legit criticism. They handled it poorly overall.

I mean, I find the show funny, but I stopped watching it after a while. Just like I did with other similar comedies(South Park, Family Guy). I'm aware of the demographic that the shows are aimed towards. Point being, most comedies of the sociopathic style I tend to just stop watching, not finding them funny after a while. American Dad, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force(until the sequel series showed up for it, anyway) are about the only comedies I faithfully watched. Not counting Saturday Morning Cartoons, of course.

Burruni

Smash Hero
For the TT:GO thing.
Was it awesome that they did one of their ~12 minute episodes for that kid? Yeah.
As a comedy show, then spending about a minute and a half OF those 12 on stretching out his name (as a joke) stands on why I just can't find it good AS a comedy show.

Goddamn wizards with your fancy shmancy exclusive trophies.

According to reviews apparently platinum's TMNT game is pretty bad. Worse than Korra (The black sheep of Platinum's repertoire) by a mile. (Although I do want to try it because I love the avatar series but that's besides the point of this post)

Shame beacuse I really like the Turtles

Shredder wins again

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Two other people and I got that trophy too.

Still trying to figure out how I earned it.
I earned it too

Honestly, I was just awarded 3 trophies

I think they are new trophies and people that already fulfilled the requirements are getting them because of it

It honestly could have been anything

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Goddamn wizards with your fancy shmancy exclusive trophies.

According to reviews apparently platinum's TMNT game is pretty bad. Worse than Korra (The black sheep of Platinum's repertoire) by a mile. (Although I do want to try it because I love the avatar series but that's besides the point of this post)

Shame beacuse I really like the Turtles

Shredder wins again
To be fair, from what I can tell, only Destructoid reviewed it. Then again, Platinum's losing their quality slowly but surely, as of now, that's 3 games that are considered to be bad in some way

I think they are new trophies and people that already fulfilled the requirements are getting them because of it
The one people are talking about is definitely not new. No idea about the other 2 though

To be fair, from what I can tell, only Destructoid reviewed it. Then again, Platinum's losing their quality slowly but surely, as of now, that's 3 games that are considered to be bad in some way
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223904

Last time I checked, 49 on Opencritic. 55 on Meta.

Not exactly a score you would say "cowabunga" to. :p
Still trying to figure out how I earned it.
Seems you're doing it right then :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got that trophy too and I have no idea how I earned it as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm out of lurking to also comment about the odd trophy appearance.

And the new thread, I couldn't be bothered to comment solely on that earlier.

I don't really have much else to say.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I just got it too, if that helps

Because I doubt that we'd both get it at the same time by sheer coincidence.

Must have something to do with post timing, or maybe it's just something mods can give out. Like a mod prank.
I don't know how I got it either..
I earned it too

Honestly, I was just awarded 3 trophies

It honestly could have been anything
What is this madness! I got it to!

Am I the only one who didn't get this trophy? :laugh:

I would make a joke about "does that make me the only unique one here?" but i'm sure someone would say something about uniqueness not inherently being good. :p

I always assumed that trophy was a moderator/backroom thing. There goes my theory :/

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Am I the only one who didn't get this trophy? :laugh:

I would make a joke about "does that make me the only unique one here?" but i'm sure someone would say something about uniqueness not inherently being good. :p

I always assumed that trophy was a moderator/backroom thing. There goes my theory :/
I didn't get it either. You're not so special. :troll:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
And then everyone was sent into a frenzy figuring out what this mysterious trophy was...

Also got it as well so who knows. Time to think of what occurrence happened that caused people to get it.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well, we gotta do a little deduction.

What did all of you do before earning the trophy?

I'm sure the mods/admins/etc are silently laughing at this small case of madness and confusion.

"Look! Look at the peasants as they squirm!"

:p
@Warchamp7 what ints can you give about this trophy?
Giving hints to an investigation only ruins the fun.

I swear this isn't my inner Ace Attorney fan speaking

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Surprised people aren't mentioning the other new trophy which is unclear about how it's obtained
Because this trophy's the one everyone's actually earning. I don't even know what the other one's called.

I walk in and everything goes to absolute ****.

It be a meraculus sight...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Trophies: There aren't any new trophies just yet. A nameless admin :smirk: apparently broke the trophy plugin a few years ago and Warchamp finally got around to fixing it yesterday. Ex. I only now just got my trophy for having become a mod two years ago.

Only bad news, it seems that the trophies that certain users earned for becoming Staff Members the past few years, having received promotions (Super Mod), or retirement may remain undetected by the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom