• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

munkdguru

Smash Rookie
Since I just saw Goosebumps, I'd like to list the Goosebumps books I remember the most

Stay Out of the Basement - Freaked me out as a kid with the ambiguous ending where the kid's father might be another plant creature.

Attack of the Mutant - Which, actually wasn't scary in the least. I think I remember it so much because it was the last Goosebumps book I read. Either afterward I was too old for the series, or I just never saw one again.

Cuckoo Clock of Doom - Freaked me out as a kid. He's traveling helplessly back in time and as he gets younger and younger he becomes less capable of fixing the problem. Eventually knowing if he reaches too young he'll cease to exist. STAR TREK DID THIS CONCEPT AS WELL, AND ARGUABLY BETTER.
how bout barking ghost

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No he isn't. First party developers develop exclusively for the console manufacturer, and are considered in-house (meaning they share the name of the overall company).

Second party developers are companies that may be under contract to work with a company's IPs for a period of time, or may consistently develop a certain game franchise for a company under a contract. But they aren't necessarily always owned by the company.

For example, Game Freak. They develop the Pokémon games, but they actually do have games on other systems.

EDIT: The Sakurai quote isn't vague, he says "the kind of character that normally wouldn't appear". Not "hard to implement". Non-first party characters are the ones that don't normally appear that often in Smash.
Are you talking about IPs, games or developers at this point?

You've switched a couple of times.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure "second party" isn't even an official term.
You're correct, it's not.

Normally, the hired person or company in a contract might think they're first party, and the client is the second, and vice versa. The two are actually interchangeable.

In the context of games though, second party generally is used to describe companies who are bound under contract to do something for a console manufacturer, but are not necessarily owned by them. Like Game Freak.

IMO, the term should be dropped, as it obviously confuses people and serves no real purpose. As far as I'm concerned, a company like Game Freak is just a third party company who just happens to make Pokémon games for Nintendo. It's no different to how Koei Tecmo now make Hyrule Warriors, or how Insomniac Games make games for Sony but also occasionally on Xbox.

Second party is just a colloquial term gamers came up with to describe companies who become known for always making installments in certain franchises for a first party company.

There's also the fact that third party companies, like say, SEGA, can license their IPs out too. So say, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - IP is obviously owned by SEGA, and they license it to Sumo Digital to develop the game. In this case, SEGA might see themselves as the first party, and Sumo as the second. And vice versa from Sumo's perspective.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
ChikoLad ChikoLad
I love you too death man, but in this conversation your having right now you're kind of making up your own rules. You shoot down anything that could be an example and are refusing to see both sides. I can definitely see where you're coming from. Yes the demonstration has problems and I understand that they should have it fixed by now, you're most definitely right, but I'm trying to play the other conversational side with you but you're not really attempting to see where the other side is coming from. You don't have to particularly like other people's opinions, my friend, but acknowledging and understanding them is totally different. Just try to analyze the other side for me too. What do YOU think is good about the game? How would you defend it? What other game from Nintendo would you use as comparison to Breath of the Wild?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't think this world was ready for Goku with hair gel.

Yes. This is official. Yes. This is canon.
I want Goku to go Super Saiyan and then complain because his hair didn't went spiky due the gel.

Ohoh **** Gainax is getting sued for 100 Million Yen in Royalties
Inb4 Evangelion 4.0's production gets halted.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't like Gearbox and Randy Pitchford but man leave Battleborn alone, that game has suffered enough

No Man Sky included too.

Which begs the question what was the most disappointing game of this year?

No Man's Sky
Battleborn
Mighty Number 9
Star Fox Zero (sorry Swampy)
MN9.
No Man's Sky was biting off more than it could chew from the outset.
Battleborn got overshadowed by Blizzard trying and delivering on the same thing. It in itself isn't "disappointing" it just came at a terrible time.
SF-Zero is a decent game with a few terrible bits.
Mighty Number 9 is just... everything that COULD go wrong with a simple want and a legacy behind it. It'll stand as a mark in gaming history as THE cautionary tale about fundraised games. While some things like Shovel Knight and Undertale could do wonders; there can always be another Mighty Number 9.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who wants the whole Female Link speculation nonsense to die already?

It was bad enough GameXplain had to go there again to cause more strife among Zelda fans. And we have to take more of this until the game is out next year.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Am I the only one who wants the whole Female Link speculation nonsense to die already?

It was bad enough GameXplain had to go there again to cause more strife among Zelda fans. And we have to take more of this until the game is out next year.
Not really GameXplain's fault that some fans can't talk about things in a civil manner.

Speaking of idiotic minorities:
Overwatch is now the cool thing to hate because it won an award over Uncharted. You know you've made it when you get to hang with Star Wars in the "cool to hate" department on the internet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad
I love you too death man, but in this conversation your having right now you're kind of making up your own rules. You shoot down anything that could be an example and are refusing to see both sides. I can definitely see where you're coming from. Yes the demonstration has problems and I understand that they should have it fixed by now, you're most definitely right, but I'm trying to play the other conversational side with you but you're not really attempting to see where the other side is coming from. You don't have to particularly like other people's opinions, my friend, but acknowledging and understanding them is totally different. Just try to analyze the other side for me too. What do YOU think is good about the game? How would you defend it? What other game from Nintendo would you use as comparison to Breath of the Wild?
I am trying to see where you are coming from, and I'm not making up rules.

You told me "it's just the Wii U version", I say that's unacceptable for fairly obvious reasons. I don't even understand why you thought that was good to bring up. You were basically implying that I should fork out money for the Switch and that version, assuming that it's going to be the better version, when we don't have any reason to believe that just yet (we haven't seen live gameplay of it). Maybe you didn't mean it like that, but the way you worded your post felt like it was basically saying "pfft, it's the Wii U version, nobody cares about that! Wait until you see the Switch version!".

(For the record, I would prefer to buy the game on Wii U for the GamePad functionality and just for not being 100% sold on the Switch just yet, which is why I want it to perform well and not lag behind the Switch version a whole bunch)

You tell me frame rate optimisation is an end of development process, but it flat out isn't. Like I'm not trying to be rude, it just flat out isn't and fundamentally can't be in a lot of cases. I understand why you think frame rate would be an end of development thing (and there would be a few cases where it would be the case, especially in older games), it's a common misconception. Doesn't change the fact it's misinformation, and I correct that when I can. This part simply is not an opinionated matter, even if I understand why you came to the conclusion you did.

I'm just gonna leave it here because I don't want this to drag. It's also well past 5 AM for me. Maybe that's caused some of my posts to be conveyed poorly.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

It sounds like they really want Female Link to happen, I mean...it's obviously not her and they should know that by now given the fact that Nintendo said it wasn't happening.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder to actually post relevant content when being on this thread(You can still start conversations, but pointless words that have nothing to do with the topic at all is spam) or replying to someone. Random ****posting? Not tolerable.

And yes, repeating silly stuff somebody says during a Direct, even if it isn't the most "constructive post ever" does count as relevant. We still want to have fun.

Do not talk about your Warnings/Infractions on this thread either. Talk to the Moderator who gave you it, or actually go to Forum Support. These posts will be deleted. Continuing to break this actual rule will often be considered spam.

As always, if you have questions, PM me or go to Forum Support. Also, do not respond to this message outside of PM only.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Everyone is talking about female Links in "muh canon Zelda timeline" while here I am still hyped about Togashi recommending Kimetsu no Yaiba to his fans.

I'm glad that a manga veteran like him is spreading the word about Yaiba. It's definitely a good new addition to Shonen Jump that is sadly very underrated.

munkdguru

Smash Rookie
It sounds like they really want Female Link to happen, I mean...it's obviously not her and they should know that by now given the fact that Nintendo said it wasn't happening.
how bout a young link who could change with all the masks

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
how bout a young link who could change with all the masks
Uh...

Do you know the context of what they're talking about?

Because if you do, then I'm baffled.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My thoughts on Link being confirmed to not be the only person left in Hyrule....(inb4 the Old Man)

Was pretty cool to see towns with NPC's wandering about, gives the world a bit more life outside of the Wildlife we see out and about...seems like they are partaking in battles against various enemies as well which goes to show how dangerous Hyrule has become...

Two (or perhaps just one) seemingly important female characters previewed...The first that everyone's calling a female Link (I reeeeeeeeeallly don't think she is) seems to be especially interesting...
It could be very well be Zelda dressed less formally, wouldn't be the first time we see her wearing something other than her dress, as we see with Sheik and Tetra, and what we see here may very well be the BotW version of them...and given the state that Hyrule's in and Hyrule castle, it would make more sense for Zelda to wear something that doesn't quite stand-out as much as her dress when out and about in hyrule...
Of course it's a strong possibility she could be a new character entirely...in which case speculating who she is will be pretty much impossible since we haven't met her yet...
Wearing similar clothing doesn't make her a genderswap of Link, it's not the first time we've encountered NPC's wearing clothing similar to Link as we see in Skyward Sword with the Knights, and the Kokiri in OoT...

The second NPC in the dress is more than likely a small peek at Zelda herself...though there's not much else we can really make of this appearance and her possible role in the game...

My interest in BotW has died off quite a bit since e3 due to having barely any news on it (and because Pokemon's been distracting me), while this trailer kinda peaks my interest again it's not really enough for me to get hyped...especially with yet a still very ambiguous launch window with no concrete release date for the game...last time we were told a year for the game's release, the game ended up getting pushed forward (again) so I'm not really excited by the lack of a delay announced since it doesn't mean it won't get delayed at all...
I'm just gonna wait until January when we learn about the Switch and the games coming to the Switch...We'll probably get more solid information on Zelda...

at this point I don't want teasers of the game I just want the game already...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
i guess not then man..
How do you personally feel about the idea of a female Link in a future Legend of Zelda title?

For me, I'm not all too concerned about things like the timeline or reincarnation when not all Links look similar (Compared Breath of the Wild Link to the other Links that exist). Not that I would seriously want it, but I wouldn't be upset if it were to happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So LKD was right about TellTale GotG.

Pokémon Stars and Mario Maker Switch even more confirmed. :p

D

Deleted member

This reminds me of Smash 4 speculation when people believed that Ridley still had a chance of becoming playable even though he was hinted to be a stage boss in the April 2014 Direct. The only notable difference here is that Nintendo outright stated that BotW won't have a female Link.

munkdguru

Smash Rookie
My thoughts on Link being confirmed to not be the only person left in Hyrule....(inb4 the Old Man)

Was pretty cool to see towns with NPC's wandering about, gives the world a bit more life outside of the Wildlife we see out and about...seems like they are partaking in battles against various enemies as well which goes to show how dangerous Hyrule has become...

Two (or perhaps just one) seemingly important female characters previewed...The first that everyone's calling a female Link (I reeeeeeeeeallly don't think she is) seems to be especially interesting...
It could be very well be Zelda dressed less formally, wouldn't be the first time we see her wearing something other than her dress, as we see with Sheik and Tetra, and what we see here may very well be the BotW version of them...and given the state that Hyrule's in and Hyrule castle, it would make more sense for Zelda to wear something that doesn't quite stand-out as much as her dress when out and about in hyrule...
Of course it's a strong possibility she could be a new character entirely...in which case speculating who she is will be pretty much impossible since we haven't met her yet...
Wearing similar clothing doesn't make her a genderswap of Link, it's not the first time we've encountered NPC's wearing clothing similar to Link as we see in Skyward Sword with the Knights, and the Kokiri in OoT...

The second NPC in the dress is more than likely a small peek at Zelda herself...though there's not much else we can really make of this appearance and her possible role in the game...

My interest in BotW has died off quite a bit since e3 due to having barely any news on it (and because Pokemon's been distracting me), while this trailer kinda peaks my interest again it's not really enough for me to get hyped...especially with yet a still very ambiguous launch window with no concrete release date for the game...last time we were told a year for the game's release, the game ended up getting pushed forward (again) so I'm not really excited by the lack of a delay announced since it doesn't mean it won't get delayed at all...
I'm just gonna wait until January when we learn about the Switch and the games coming to the Switch...We'll probably get more solid information on Zelda...

at this point I don't want teasers of the game I just want the game already...
would be epic if the music is slightly darker than twilight princess despite the color of BOFW

How do you personally feel about the idea of a female Link in a future Legend of Zelda title?

For me, I'm not all too concerned about things like the timeline or reincarnation when not all Links look similar (Compared Breath of the Wild Link to the other Links that exist). Not that I would seriously want it, but I wouldn't be upset if it were to happen.
I mean Links been always looking more androgynous since TP i prob couldn't even tell the difference ..
same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hold up....

There are CHAMELEON LIZALFOS?!

That is pretty frikkin awesome!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quick reminder about double posting. You shouldn't do it. If you accidentally do, make an edit or report the post yourself to note it and a moderator will merge it. It's an honest mistake that sometimes happens, but try to reply to multiple messages at once in a single post when quoting them. You can quote more than one post at once, after all.

Likewise, it's better to outright edit a quote in than to double post. If it's extremely important that the person gets tagged/notified of the quote, then post it, but absolutely do tell us you need it merged in the same post.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
This is a level of ****posting even 4chan looks down on.
Speaking of 4chan...

The tweet says it all.

These models look like they belong on a mobile game, so there's no way this is real.

Unless of course, Marvel 4 has a companion mobile app, then I could see it.

Rashid, Ada and Gwenpool being a thing makes me hyped af, especially Rashid.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hold up....

There are CHAMELEON LIZALFOS?!

That is pretty frikkin awesome!!
I can imagine some really cool design with those things.

Though I'm not sure they'll be rare enough to be used as legitimate surprises.

I am starting to worry about framerate, less so for the Wii U version, but more for the Switch, which might show some underlying problems.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So LKD was right about TellTale GotG.

Pokémon Stars and Mario Maker Switch even more confirmed. :p
And don't forget about the Rabbids Mario RPG.

Just as long as Waluigi has an excuse to throw eggplants at them long eared blokes. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And don't forget about the Rabbids Mario RPG.

Just as long as Waluigi has an excuse to throw eggplants at them long eared blokes. :p
Wait, Waluigi is confirmed as playable? If so, that's awesome. When his only story roles is the usual story mode of Mario Party(being the 3rd game, and notably he's just a mini-boss along with Daisy here) and he kicks off the plot of DDR: Mario Mix you'd hope he gets a slightly better role. Him playable or appearing in a Mario RPG game would be neat.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, Waluigi is confirmed as playable? If so, that's awesome. When his only story roles is the usual story mode of Mario Party(being the 3rd game, and notably he's just a mini-boss along with Daisy here) and he kicks off the plot of DDR: Mario Mix you'd hope he gets a slightly better role. Him playable or appearing in a Mario RPG game would be neat.
Part of the original leak did say that minor Mario characters would star as party members.

Waluigi and Daisy easily comes to mind on that font since they are stars in spinoffs, but just not in a Mario platformer. There are other characters like Toad, Birdo, or even Nabbit that can work. But it will have to be a case of waiting until we see.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would think anything at this point is better than an endless sea of boring looking toads.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nah, Nabbit shouldn't be a party member. He should be in cahoots with the Rabbids since he would want to be the Big Bad for once.

And honestly, it would be interesting to see if he would become their new leader most of the game or stab them in the back when Mario & co. defeat most of his new friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom