• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is why the universe hates us and Wong visit Earth

We can't kill dead memes

We stray further away from God's light

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Which parts?
Basically any of the parts with a lot of foilage on screen, which seemed to interfere with fighting enemies.

It's definitely the game. It was there in the countless videos of the game from E3, they simply haven't fixed it yet.

Baby steps
I know you aren't going to listen to this
But Baby steps
Nintendo will never put out good games if we treat them like the babies of the industry. /j

I'm not saying it's not going to be fixed. It's just strange that it isn't fixed by now. Nintendo usually make their games buttery smooth, even for previews. BotW is a huge game so some frame drops are understandable, but it's been a fairly consistent problem in all footage of this game.

And again, Horizon. It's a very similar game, but it already looks a lot more polished than what I see of Zelda.

Legit question, how do Halo fans feel about Wars?

I was under the impression the first Halo Wars didn't do well.
Halo Wars was an extremely fun game for me.

I have 0 other games in the genre to compare it to so for all i know it was objectively bad but i had a loooooot of fun with it.

Wars 2 was one of my top pipedream sequels (along with ODST 2 but that isnt even feasible lol) i expected to never get but here we are.

I dont think im in the majority tho lol
:061:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Halo Wars was an extremely fun game for me.

I have 0 other games in the genre to compare it to so for all i know it was objectively bad but i had a loooooot of fun with it.

Wars 2 was one of my top pipedream sequels (along with ODST 2 but that isnt even feasible lol) i expected to never get but here we are.

I dont think im in the majority tho lol
:061:
I see that icon, #TeamYosuke

Burruni

Smash Hero
So Toki, Asahi, Nozomi and Isabul are just there for no reason? Why even have them then
Asahi's a "voice" for Nanashi... but often that voice is as sacchrine as possible and just overrides your dialogue options sometimes if she feels you're being too anti-social. The second most irritating character.
Toki has a small subplot but namely just is a forced love interest to upset Asahi, but... is probably the best written girl, still.
Nozomi, for some reason, leaves the area she's QUEEN OF and SHOULD BE DEFENDING, and actually causes the most infuriating plot point for no YMVH damn reason.
Isabeau is there because she reminds you that it's a SMT4 sequel and REALLY only does something as an ally at the end.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Overwatch guy just said “KEEP EM’ OUT FOR HARAMBE”

I bet they just lost a lot of potential sales this weekend.
Or gained a bunch.

Eh let him have his fun, dude

why is everyone such debby downers when someone wants to have fun
No, you're only allowed to like the freshest memes.

I trust SFV won Best Fighting Game of the year?
Yeah. Figured it would, but I don't think it should, based on its content.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I trust SFV won Best Fighting Game of the year?
That's right.

And re: Kaplan memeing on the award stage, I think he's just having fun thanks to the praise Overwatch has been getting. He made little nods to various other memes generated by the Overwatch community. Either way, I think Overwatch well deserves those awards, and I think Kaplan was caught up in a bit of a happy environment.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Well look what decided to show up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know, Ratchet and Clank was pretty good.
R and C got robbed. Made a good game great. That's probably the only re-make this whole gen that's actually worth a ****.

Unlike what they did to poor Arkham Asylum and City.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Clementine is all grown up now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
R and C got robbed. Made a good game great. That's probably the only re-make this whole gen that's actually worth a ****.

Unlike what they did to poor Arkham Asylum and City.
It actually looks well on PS4.

Xbox One version got jipped. Man all those framedrops

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
TGA thoughts so far:

BotW looks amazing as always, but just show the (hopefully) superior Switch footage already. Also WOW on it winning Most Anticipated Game. That was probably the most stacked category of the entire show.

I had tons of fun the first couple of weeks after Pokemon GO's release, but better than Fates? Ehhhhhhhhh don't think so. I can definitely get behind Civ VI beating FE in the Strategy category though.

Also Witcher 3 DLC beating XCX makes me personally disappointed, but I certainly am not surprised.

RazorBot is too charming to be cringey.

That Dragon, Cancer win was really touching. Inspired to check it out.

Uncharted 4 winning Best Narrative and Nolan North Best Performance was well deserved. Good speech.

Fingers crossed that Uncharted 4 wins GOTY. It's definitely mine from the five games nominated.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Spoilering because not shilling Nintendo will trigger people

Yeah we got next to nothing on BotW.

The initial trailer only confirmed Ritos and gave us a sneak peek at towns. It also teased Zelda and possibly FemLink. The former is hardly earth shattering, and the latter I just don't care for personally.

That video with Bill and Nate literally showed nothing new. No, not even the location, Reggie lied about that, because that was in the E3 trailer for the game.

Also my god the frame rate is just unacceptable, especially for Nintendo. Optimising that should be their priority, it looks like a real hindrance.

I wanted to save proper impressions until they showed everything to be fair to them, but they showed next to nothing.

I am starting to move to cautiously optimistic territory with this game, rather than full on hype. Especially since Horizon may come out sooner at this rate.
TBH if triggering is actually a concern. . .under that definition of the word trigger the word "shill" made me feel more uncomfortable than anything in that spoiler.

It's OK to be skeptical as long as you're level headed and not raging or being overdramatic about it like. . .far more people concerning far more topics than should be logical, but the contexts I've seen "shill" used in make the word get under my skin a little every time I see it. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but it's one of my. . .less preferred words, if you will.

. . .At any rate, at least the whole town debate that may or may not still have been going on due to people having varying levels of knowledge about the situation will finally be done with. That's a relief.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love Overwatch....

But how did it win Best ESports?

Overwatch Competitive is kind of a messssss.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Andromeda made in good time where space game are seen with good eyes and not cluttering the market.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Overwatch wins again

4 awards. You can't stop Superhero TF2 with Waifus and husbandos

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Basically any of the parts with a lot of foilage on screen, which seemed to interfere with fighting enemies.
It didn't seem to hinder the gameplay any. It wasn't completely horrendous. It was running on the Wii U as well and considering the scope and scale of the game the system probably DOES have trouble keeping up.
It's definitely the game. It was there in the countless videos of the game from E3, they simply haven't fixed it yet.
This could very well be the same build as E3. You could explore outside the plateau in that build and thus it's not out of the question this could be the very same one. Also, framerate issues aren't a priority issue in game development. It's kinda like the iron out process at the end of development. They'll have the game working so they can show it off but not perfect. And, again, Wii U.

Nintendo will never put out good games if we treat them like the babies of the industry. /j
Irony
I'm not saying it's not going to be fixed. It's just strange that it isn't fixed by now. Nintendo usually make their games buttery smooth, even for previews. BotW is a huge game so some frame drops are understandable, but it's been a fairly consistent problem in all footage of this game.
Mm, not completely. Xenoblade X had a lot of Pop in and slow down during its first showings both in the first trailer and E3.
And again, Horizon. It's a very similar game, but it already looks a lot more polished than what I see of Zelda.
That's what Horizon is all about though, spectacle. It is and will be graphics and art first, gameplay later. If you've seen any gameplay of Horizon it all looks rather similar. Run around a bit, shoot some robot Dino's, run around some more. You could say the same about Zelda as well but all things considered we've barely seen over 1% based on what we've been told. While Horizon has been shown far more.

Well look what decided to show up.
I somehow knew that would happen.

Oh, and, AYYYYY EVERYBODY
OVERWATCH GOTY!! SURPRISE!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom