• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Does Activision even develop games? I've only seen them publish games.
Well, Activision themselves probably aren't developing them.

Looking at it, I don't think it was officially stated who would be the development team.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's being made by Activision.

Naughty Dog making them would be a novelty at best. Their team is completely different to when Crash was on PS1.

Many ex-Naughty Dog developers went on to form Big Red Button, including Bob Rafei, the original creator of Crash, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted.

And their last game was...well...

That's the thing with people leaving their companies, isn't it?

Once they make that gesture, most of them seem to either fall away into obscurity or only stay remembered because they did something embarrassing.

As much as corporate messing with everything is damaging to the video game industry, it seems like the opposite is also true.

From what I can tell, developers need to be kept on a bit of a leash after all, they just shouldn't be choked by it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So true.

As a Wolf fan I even had to point out sooooooo many hints that weren't more than a fallacy at best. >.<
Especially us AW fans. After not having a game for 8 years we have to think of something lol. At least Intelligent Systems have expressed interest in making future titles for the series so that's something.

Yeah, I remember a bunch of them. I was in the group that thought Wolf was a shoe-in until Cloud happened where I started to change my viewpoint. Basically my thought process post-Cloud was that if he didn't show up in the Final Smash Broadcast then any hope he had for this game was gone. So when the December Direct happened and people were still saying Wolf was coming back I knew that it wasn't going to happen but for the sake of not being a party pooper and I didn't want to say much there.

Basically the reasons where more or less this...

- Sakurai stating that Bayo was the last "New Fighter" in the game meaning there was room for a vet potentially.
- The spaces on the Smash Bros website being uneven.

Might have been some other ones but those were the ones I remembered. These were fueled by Etika as well seeing as he was willing to put him ballsack on the line if Wolf didn't get in lol. Sucks really cause Wolf made SF representation in Smash feel complete and stuff.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I see Nintendo fans aren't the only people who hate everything.

Poor Resident Evil 7.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I see Nintendo fans aren't the only people who hate everything.

Poor Resident Evil 7.
There is always something out there taking worse; look at Infinity Warfare.
Decent looking game with a very fresh take on the franchise, but heaven forbid it'd be Call of Duty.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so after seeing everyone be dumb for several pages HEADS up/reminder nintendo to reveal new game on tuesday(today for some people) at i belive 3:30 est on the gamespot stream

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
so after seeing everyone be dumb for several pages HEADS up/reminder nintendo to reveal new game on tuesday(today for some people) at i belive 3:30 est on the youtube's stream
Isn't it not new?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I find it funny that the Audience in e3 were REALLY exicted about RE7, but meanwhile at Youtube they are not pleased for making it a "PT clone".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Resident Evil 7 looks fine.

Honestly the series as long as the iconic originals come back in later spin-offs/installments, needed a new protagonist who has never dealt with anything horrific before to actually be scary again.

There's nothing scary when you're playing a series that stars 4 gun toting bad asses who have survived **** like this multiple times. Especially when 3 out of the 4 main characters are all trained to be gun toting bad-asses.

I'm sure even though everything looks new it'l make sense since it takes place after 6 and Capcom isn't dumb they realize characters like Jill, Leon, and Chris have become gaming icons.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah, after Chris punched a boulder, I think it was pretty impossible to put him in a traditional horror setting again.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Yeah, after Chris punched a boulder, I think it was pretty impossible to put him in a traditional horror setting again.
What if he turned into a monster and became the villain?
Then your pre-existing knowledge of his badassery could enhance the horror.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Blue Kaizo Team so far...

:002::005::008::025::106:

Gonna round it out with a Psychic/Dragon type PKMN most likely whenever I can find one. You can also bet your pasty arse that Pikachu is going to evolve in to Raichu the first chance I get. :026:master race represent.

EDIT: TFW IS WITH THE BUG CATCHER WITH A LVL 100 WEEDLE?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Gonna round it out with a Psychic/Dragon type PKMN most likely whenever I can find one. You can also bet your pasty arse that Pikachu is going to evolve in to Raichu the first chance I get. :026:master race represent.

EDIT: TFW IS WITH THE BUG CATCHER WITH A LVL 100 WEEDLE? *****???
I'd recommend Exeggutor, who I recently found out was awesome gen 1

But you have a plant type in venusaur/ivysaur already

Chrono.

EDIT: TFW IS WITH THE BUG CATCHER WITH A LVL 100 WEEDLE?
The top percentage Weedle.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought that was embracing the campy side the series always had.

I liked it.

Still, what time is Nintendo's stream tomorrow?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd recommend Exeggutor, who I recently found out was awesome gen 1

But you have a plant type in venusaur/ivysaur already
Yeah, I was thinking more of the lines of Alakazam or Dragonite to finish my team off. Gonna be a while til I get either one though.
The top percentage Weedle.
The most broken Weedle i've ever seen at least. That really caught me off guard there. The guy who made this game has some serious trolling skills.
Oh no...

I have to get up early...
EST master race. We don't have to wake up early for that.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow! The Blue Kaizo dev is an even bigger troll then I thought. This guy has the nerve to put two trainers right at the entrance of the Vermillion Gym lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow! The Blue Kaizo dev is an even bigger troll then I thought. This guy has the nerve to put two trainers right at the entrance of the Vermillion Gym lol.
It's Kaizo Blue. You weren't already expecting this? :troll:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's Kaizo Blue. You weren't already expecting this? :troll:
Naw I just found it pretty funny that he would do that. I can just envision a rage fest someone might have if they didn't heal before stepping in to the Gym.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Never thought I'd ever be saying this, but... I'm thinking of affording an Xbox One (Slim) as my current generation hardware. I turned my Wii U back in after a year because I felt disappointed with the lack of releases other than indie ones, so now all I've got is my New 3DS.

Some would say it'd be best to wait for NX before making a decision, but Microsoft has got plenty of "exclusives" that I don't think will make it to Nintendo consoles. Such as Dead Rising 4, South Park, ReCore, Tekken 7...

Watched Sony stream and finally there's something that interests me. Intending to get both Insomniac's Spider-Man and Crash trilogy.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I was at work during Sony's conference, but I checked the stream whenever I had the chance.

At one point I went to load up the stream, the video was blurry and it was loading, and I saw that it was a colorful game, the point of the video it was at made it look like a 2D game, and I was able to make out Crash.

My first thought was that it was PlayStation All-Stars 2 with playable Crash. I got so excited for like a second only to see that it was Skylanders. I was so upset.

Since PlayStation is working with Activision to get Crash content they need to make PSA2 featuring Crash.

Chrono.

Yeah Scalebound looks... impressive.

I know people aren't a fan of the slower methodical gameplay but I feel it's a nice change of pace for Platinum.

D

Deleted member

It seems Sony's E3 was good, that'd be cool if I cared about them
Well, today is finally Nintendo's turn, I just hope we get something new, just ONE thing, it can even be just the announcement of a localization no, not THAT one

Strofirko

Smash Master
If Crash is not PS exclusive on Skylanders ,he will meet DK outside Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not even into Skylanders, and I think it's amazing that Crash, Spyro, Donkey Kong, and Bowser are all going to officially appear in the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom