• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HD image of Crash's Skylanders figure.

Honestly. I'm so tempted to pick up Skylanders Imaginators just for Crash.

I mean, his design is perfect honestly. His moveset looks incredibly faithful, just that he'll probably have some new abilities on top of his old ones, like the nature interaction. And that figure man. If it comes out looking that good at retail, I want it so bad. His pose is perfect, he's just lookin' up at you, all like "aaayyyyy, you got dis". Perfect little office buddy. It'd look great next to my Series 2 Spyro and Cynder.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I might be one of the only people that likes the fact Crash is in Skylanders.
1. He is finally going to crossover with Spyro again. And to some extent :4bowser::4dk:
2. His figure and design looks pretty amazing considering the treatment Spyro got Crash got it better.
3. Hearing him use those TNT crates brought back so many memories.
Overall I can't wait to buy his figure and have it next to :4mario::4sonic: Amiibo (or the Lego figure:dazwa: )
The original mascots back in the day.

Look at him, Going straight back to his original design and people still complain.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
HD image of Crash's Skylanders figure.

Honestly. I'm so tempted to pick up Skylanders Imaginators just for Crash.

I mean, his design is perfect honestly. His moveset looks incredibly faithful, just that he'll probably have some new abilities on top of his old ones, like the nature interaction. And that figure man. If it comes out looking that good at retail, I want it so bad. His pose is perfect, he's just lookin' up at you, all like "aaayyyyy, you got dis". Perfect little office buddy. It'd look great next to my Series 2 Spyro and Cynder.
I saw someone mention this, but the Crash in Skylanders does look similar to concept art of Crash

I see it more in the face than anything. I'll take something like this instead of a butcherd Crash.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Crash's new design looks fine to me...Just personally don't care about Skylanders at all...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I think it's because old Crash never had HD and now there's a bit more detail on the fur on his chest, so it's not the old polygon model we all loved
Either way the new remasters are gonna give him a new model anyway. So who knows what he'll look like.
But I can't wait for HD Crash Dance.

Just thought I'd sneak this in here too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
His design isn't even new.

It's literally the same design, in modern graphics. This is exactly what Crash would have looked like in the Naughty Dog games if they had the technology.

It's like the difference between Modern Sonic before Unleashed, and Modern Sonic after Unleashed. He looks different, but not because they changed the design, they just had better technology, allowing them to refine the design.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, apparently from what I've seen on Nintendo's Youtube page

They just made "The Hunger games" mod for Minecraft like, an official mode

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Actually after making that post above I realised this.
Not only are we getting more than likely all the old designs for the original characters.
Clancy Brown back as Cortex again.
But Tawna is gonna be returning as well. What's it been like 20 years.

The only thing better to these Trilogy remasters is if they brought back Team Racing and Bash too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not only are we getting more than likely all the old designs for the original characters.

The only thing better to these Trilogy remasters is if they brought back Team Racing and Bash too.
I was just about to bring that up.

Bandicoot boobs in modern, CGI-like HD graphics.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So here's some information about Crash in Skylanders from a Neogaf thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233329

It seems they really wanted to stay faithful to Crash and enjoyed the character. I wouldn't be surprised if the team behind Skylanders is also behind the Remastered Crash titles. At least this gives me more hope with this being under Activision.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what I love about Skylanders Crash?

Aku-Aku's in it and they didn't screw him over design-wise.

For reference...this thing was Aku-Aku's design in the Crash of the Titans/Mind Over Mutant series...
Eugh...
Welcome back, Aku-Aku.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know, I always thought that Crash being owned by Activision was a sign that he'd be in Smash one day.

Crash becoming a Sony IP to a third party IP that would allow for big crossover opportunities.

Does anyone ever think that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It seems they really wanted to stay faithful to Crash and enjoyed the character. I wouldn't be surprised if the team behind Skylanders is also behind the Remastered Crash titles. At least this gives me more hope with this being under Activision.
It's Vicarious Visions that are making Skylanders, so it's most likely that they will make the trilogy remake too, since they have a lot of history with Crash.

It's the best thing you could ask for outside of maybe getting the original team back (though even that is debatable, considering what happened with them).

Tawna was in Crash: Boom Bang. But I'm probably one of the few people who remembers that it exists.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I always thought that Crash being owned by Activision was a sign that he'd be in Smash one day.

Crash becoming a Sony IP to a third party IP that would allow for big crossover opportunities.

Does anyone ever think that?
For a lot of people it's not that he's with a third party, but which third party he's with. Activision isn't exactly viewed in a positive light for what happened with Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant. Though, that could change depending on how the remasters go. And considering, from what I heard, Activision's asking price for use of Crash was too much for PSASBR, it might not have a good impact on the odds of crossovers.

But more importantly why did you ignore my question from last night? D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It isn't even just the last two console Crash games.

Call of Duty and Skylanders in general rub people the wrong way.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

This is really interesting to read.
Especially this part:
Crash doesn’t speak (most of the time) and we wanted to make sure that he communicated in a way that was familiar to fans but wouldn’t confuse new players and soon-to-be new fans!
New fans, this gives me hope that Crash is gonna rise back to popularity again.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The new god of war fixed the main issue with the series:
A character.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Being real, this honest to god just looks like a new Crash game.

Rows of Wumpa Fruit.

Crates.

And this is just Skylanders. Knowing that Vicarious Visions handled Crash in this game gives me a lot of hope for the remakes, which I am positive they will be making.

Like I honestly don't get why people are complaining about this. This is a love letter.

D

Deleted member

Can't believe nobody shared this. I had the exact same thought when I did this in Fates
It sucks when you go through the trouble of properly dressing your characters just for then to ask for a new accessory but you don't want remove it or to **** up the design by adding something that doesn't fit
No, Elise, I ain't giving you a new hat, the Pink Beret fits perfectly

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's Christina Grimmie, the singer that was recently killed.
She was also a Nintendo fan according to what I read.
Ooooooh, wow.

I didn't realise as I never saw a picture of her. Only heard of her.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea, I didn't mean "Zelda scene girl" as an insult. I think that kind of look is cute.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ooooooh, wow.

I didn't realise as I never saw a picture of her. Only heard of her.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea, I didn't mean "Zelda scene girl" as an insult. I think that kind of look is cute.
That's okay, I wouldn't know who that is either if I didn't visit Nintendolife about 45 minutes ago.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Rows of Wumpa Fruit.

Crates.

And this is just Skylanders. Knowing that Vicarious Visions handled Crash in this game gives me a lot of hope for the remakes, which I am positive they will be making.

Like I honestly don't get why people are complaining about this. This is a love letter.
If you showed this to someone about a month ago and they didn't know it was tied to Skylanders.
They would have believed that this was a new game.

That's Christina Grimmie, the singer that was recently killed.
She was also a Nintendo fan according to what I read.
That'd be Christina Grimmie actually.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :p
But yeah, to elaborate, she was a huge Zelda fan.
When I saw her Twitter location my heart broke.
https://twitter.com/TheRealGrimmie
In Skyloft :'(

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well...

I think the main problem is that it come from Skylanders. Like, I don't know how to explain it, but people aren't very happy he's being used in it, considering the series loves to milk and as a result has some poor-quality games. I mean, I think Crash looks ok, honestly. But I'm pretty sure people want an actual new game, not just Crash just appearing in some other thing that's going downhill right now.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Rows of Wumpa Fruit.

Crates.

Only small nitpick for me is the face being a bit too big. That's probably more of a Skylanders design choice though, so it's probably going to be a bit smaller in the Remasters (I feel the shadow at the conference wasn't just his PS1 model but his new model). Other than that, expecting him to look like this from now on.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Skylanders Crash looks great. I won't buy the game, but I do intend to buy the figure and put him next to the rest of the gaming icons that have figures/amiibos thanks to Smash.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well...

I think the main problem is that it come from Skylanders. Like, I don't know how to explain it, but people aren't very happy he's being used in it, considering the series loves to milk and as a result has some poor-quality games. I mean, I think Crash looks ok, honestly. But I'm pretty sure people want an actual new game, not just Crash just appearing in some other thing that's going downhill right now.
Superchargers was great from what I've seen of it.

The toys are a bit of a sticking point, but the Skylanders games are good games.

And we shouldn't judge Crash showing up in it based on the franchise's history, but on the merits of Crash's showing itself. And it has a LOT of merits.

Only small nitpick for me is the face being a bit too big. That's probably more of a Skylanders design choice though, so it's probably going to be a bit smaller in the Remasters (I feel the shadow at the conference wasn't just his PS1 model but his new model). Other than that, expecting him to look like this from now on.
Skylanders has a really zoomed out camera view in gameplay and some of the more expressive characters tend to have their heads grow big during certain animations so you can see the cartoony expressions they have, so that's why Crash's head looks bigger in some screenshots. It's not like that all of the time though (and to be honest, the original Crash games did a similar thing anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom