• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Probably obvious by now but just thought I'd mention it anyway. Crash's remasters are by Activision.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just saw Neogaf get called out by NoA.

Can someone give me some context?
Reference to E3 2009 where the New Super Mario Bros Wii logo was covered up behind a curtain, but people could still make out the logo behind the curtain and someone posted it to NeoGAF.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reference to E3 2009 where the New Super Mario Bros Wii logo was covered up behind a curtain, but people could still make out the logo behind the curtain and someone posted it to NeoGAF.
...And why did they decide to reference that almost seven years later? Kinda late to the punch there guys.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...And why did they decide to reference that almost seven years later? Kinda late to the punch there guys.
Because GAF posters were spamming "I WANNA SEE WHAT'S BEHIND THE CURTAIN" just before the Sony E3.

The Nintendo tweet came moments after that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well that's pretty much Nintendo's MO nowadays.
Isn't that what their restructuring is intended to fix?

It's going to take some time before it kicks in considering they had to have had quite a few pre-restructure games and an entire system in the middle of development that still need to be finished before they can fully get around to it, but I do remember that being what the restructuring was intended to fix.

And I'm not going to judge Nintendo if they need a while to catch up to the Fastest Thing Alive in terms of their Twitter content as long as they're at least trying to break the generic marketing monotony.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also GoW kinda looks......dull.

It doesn't feel interesting and the gameplay shift ain't cutting it for me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of my favorite #SonyE3 announcements: 3. No footage of Crash remaster, haha!
Care to explain this? Because as it is, I'm not sure you're in the kind of position to say this.

Anyway, the Crash figure. I think I'd need to see it from a different angle to judge it properly. Like, a full 360 turnaround thing.
Also still not sure why people are putting any stock into the Mother 3 rumor. It's not happening.

Chrono.

It's going to take some time before it kicks in considering they had to have had quite a few pre-restructure games and an entire system in the middle of development that still need to be finished before they can fully get around to it, though.

And I'm not going to judge Nintendo if they need a while to catch up to the Fastest Thing Alive in terms of their Twitter content as long as they're at least trying to break the generic marketing monotony.
Yeah, I agree.

I'm just taking a playful shot at them.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Ello Lads.
"Long time no see":4sonic:
Just thought I'd drop by whilst I'm passing.

E3 thoughts.
Pretty decent all around from what I've seen.
Loving the return of Crash, couldn't be more happy with that news.
That Spiderman game looks awesome.
I'm definitely more on the side of a Ps4 than an Xbox One now.
Sonic in Lego Dimensions is weird but amazing having him in a game with Doc Brown still makes me chuckle.
Can't wait for the 25th anniversary game. 10 days till he officially turns 25.
Can't wait for Nintendo's announcements (maybe Mother 3....) and Cloud's Amiibo would be nice.

Chrono.

Also GoW kinda looks......dull.

It doesn't feel interesting and the gameplay shift ain't cutting it for me
Kinda have to agree.

On one hand: Norse mythos, awesome and Kratos doesn't seem like a complete ******** so that's also a plus.

On the other hand: I'm not digging the slower gameplay.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Care to explain this? Because as it is, I'm not sure you're in the kind of position to say this.
I don't know if this was a misquote or not, but that makes absolutely no sense.
I doubt there's much to explain deeper regarding Crash remakes not getting footage. Nor having to be in some position to claim that.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Kinda have to agree.

On one hand: Norse mythos, awesome and Kratos doesn't seem like a complete ******** so that's also a plus.

On the other hand: I'm not digging the slower gameplay.
Plus it feels like TLOU than God of War.

I know people want something different but really I wanted Norse Mythology and with no Kratos in sight and new protag

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's going to take some time before it kicks in considering they had to have had quite a few pre-restructure games and an entire system in the middle of development that still need to be finished before they can fully get around to it, but I do remember that being what the restructuring was intended to fix.

To be fair, their consoles have been underpowered for a while now. They came into using actual discs instead of cartridges late too. So they have done this before. There's no reason they should be easily able to get back into the game after Iwata's death, of course.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I know people don't really care much about Skylanders. I don't myself.

But here's more info on Crash in Skylanders and some artwork.

His element is confirmed to be the Life Element - which means he will be able to interact with plant life and such. Probably a reference to his affinity for Wumpa Fruit and his jungle heritage.

As well, this is his official backstory for Skylanders (every Skylander has one):

A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He has come to announce the once-in-two-decades Synchronization Celebration--a time when all of the worlds align perfectly. All the inhabitants of Wumpa Island are having a party and they want to invite the Skylanders. But with Kaos on a quest to take over Skylands using his army of Doomlanders, the Skylanders must focus on stopping his evil plans. Never one to shy away from danger, the legendary marsupial Crash Bandicoot leaps through the wormhole to join the Skylanders in the ultimate battle against Kaos!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
ok...Now I'm caught up...

God of War and Horizon look fantastic!

PSVR is...cool I guess? not really that interested though...but
Farpoint looked neat
Resident Evil VII might be interesting...man haven't actually played any RE since III so, I dunno...

Chocobo riding in FFXV!!! And it releases a day after my birthday...would be cool if I had a PS4 (but will it get an NX release?) don't think I'll bother with the VR though...

Crash remasters will be neat so long as Activision doesn't **** it up, don't care about Skylanders...

Death Stranding...........I need gameplay before I can have an opinion because I can't even....

Days Gone looks like it'll be a neat zombie game...but eh...

I think it's safe to say that Sony 'won' e3...but we'll see if Nintendo will WOW us...but I reeeeally doubt it...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's a new Gravity Rush 2 trailer
Haven't touched the original yet (I own it, but I haven't gotten around to playing it, planning on it this summer), but the game looks amazing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a new Gravity Rush 2 trailer
Haven't touched the original yet (I own it, but I haven't gotten around to playing it, planning on it this summer), but the game looks amazing.
Looks super cool, I never finished the original but enjoyed what I played.

...this kind of gameplay mixed with the tone and feel of Child of Light would literally be perfect for a Rosalina game.

Nintendo really needs to get on that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
DAMN IT, MY WALLET IS NOT PREPARED.
DQ7 confirmed for release this week
1465871257441.jpg

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What, really?

I thought a creepy RE was what people wanted for years (and I mean before RE5 years).
They are (From what I seen) complaining how none of the RE characters are in it, how it's first person, and that it's nothing like RE.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also do you guys know if Naughty Dog is handling the Crash remasters? Might seem like a stupid question seeing as I didn't catch the Sony conference lol.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Also do you guys know if Naughty Dog is handling the Crash remasters? Might seem like a stupid question seeing as I didn't catch the Sony conference lol.
Apparently Activision is making them.

Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's being made by Activision.

Naughty Dog making them would be a novelty at best. Their team is completely different to when Crash was on PS1.

Many ex-Naughty Dog developers went on to form Big Red Button, including Bob Rafei, the original creator of Crash, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted.

And their last game was...well...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This can be applied to Quest 64 fans. Or Spyro fans. Or "Wolf for Smash" fans. :p
Yeah. We gotta cling to any kind of hope we can find y'know? The life of Nintendo fans

Anything Sakurai does is a hint that Wolf is coming to Smash Bros. If Sakurai decides to bike to work instead of driving to work it will be an indication of Wolf coming back to Smash Bros. We'll think of a reason why somehow.
Apparently Activision is making them.

Whether that's good or bad is up to you.
Would rather have ND to it but that's alright since it's still a pre-established game. They can't do much wrong with these games.
It's being made by Activision.

Naughty Dog making them would be a novelty at best. Their team is completely different to when Crash was on PS1.

Many ex-Naughty Dog developers went on to form Big Red Button, including Bob Rafei, the original creator of Crash, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted.

And their last game was...well...

Yeah maybe it's for the better lol.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Resident Evil 7 is set in modern day rural America after the events of Resident Evil 6. Demo portrays events leading up to the main game.
Huh, not a spiritual sequel, but an actual sequel.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Incredibly late to the party, didn't watch anything live so I'm just catching up on trailers.

Skylanders Crash, figures. Looks like he came out of Nuts & Bolts.

So they're remaking the originals? Can't be NaughtyDog, they forgot how to do anything not gritty and realistic. Never played the original Crash games, so definitely something to look forward to. Just wish Jak would come back sometime soon too...

Insomniac making a Spider-Man game, what? If the game is anything like the Spider-Man 2 game, I'm sold.

Never played a God of War, but this new one looks pretty good. Kratos actually seems likable now.

Good to see Kojima is making... something. With a ...naked Norman Reedus? Typical Kojima.

Ubisoft is still a disappointment.

Rare's pirate... MMO(?) is certainly something.

Looks like Sony's taking it again.

Just wish I weren't trying to get on my feet and actually had money to buy these games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. We gotta cling to any kind of hope we can find y'know? The life of Nintendo fans
So true.

Anything Sakurai does is a hint that Wolf is coming to Smash Bros. If Sakurai decides to bike to work instead of driving to work it will be an indication of Wolf coming back to Smash Bros. We'll think of a reason why somehow.
As a Wolf fan I even had to point out sooooooo many hints that weren't more than a fallacy at best. >.<

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Does Activision even develop games? I've only seen them publish games.
They do have their own studios.

Problem is their studios are all focused on CoD to speed up the yearly process.
Treyarch used to make Spider-Man games but Activision put them on permanent CoD duty (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom