• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People aren't happy cuz ain't a new game,simple as that,the reverse would also be true.
It's more that I've heard a lot of people saying that "it's just a remaster".

Thinking it's gonna be more like Twilight Princess HD or Final Fantasy X HD.

When it's really more like a Final Fantasy VII Remake kinda deal we are getting with Crash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Best conference this year for sure.
Really want to see more of Kojima's game and Spidey.
But VR is a thing and many of the titles don't have a release date. But they're really minor honestly.
Solid 9/10

Huh, that honestly felt pretty short..
Well Xbox had an hour and a half of some good stuff albeit some cringe and then there was Ubi's 1 hour 45 minute borefest with South Park being temporary salvation.
This was a straight hour of games followed by games with little people going on stage.

Chrono.

I'm surprised Shenmue III didn't show up.

Either way, Sony did well.

My only issue is the one I always have with their conferences, too many games that are in early development were shown so no release dates or barely any info or gameplay.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I fell asleep from like 6:30-9:30PM and I missed pretty much everything from this conference. Nothing much I care about was revealed here but it was nice to see Crash revived and that he's not using that god awful design from 2007-2008. Crash remasters are good as well but it sounds like a lot of $$$ for me to spend when I already have all 3 Crash games so IDK if i'll buy it.

I'm also hoping that whatever new Crash game comes out after these remasters will be 3rd party. That way it can be on the NX and the Xbox One so that Crash could have a potential chance of getting in to Smash Bros one day.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And now we wait for Zelda. :p

I really hope the Crash Bandicoot remastered versions go well. Maybe then they'll see the massive interest there is for his return.
And oddly enough I actually don't hate his Skylanders design. :p It's actually pretty faithful to the PS1 version of him, with the more crazed and triangular design.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That was a pretty good conference. Lots of stuff I want to check out for sure.

Now, what is Nintendo going to do tomorrow...
If you like Zelda, that's all what you're gonna get. OR Sun & Moon if they actually bothered to show something

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The only conference I've ever seen that even comes close was Sony's 2015. This was an amazing way to end a mediocre E3 day.

Soul.

Eh.

An okay conference, I guess; VR part was honestly boring though. I was expecting more of FFVII remake and P5 lol, also yay Crash remasters. He looks weird in Skylanders... and doesn't sound exclusive to PS4.

Now to wait for Zelda and Pokémon Sun and Moon gameplay.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, Nintendo already shot themselves in the foot unless we get something spectacular in N Stars and Zelda turns out to be orgasm worthy.

Probably will be as good as Microsoft but more condensed.

Good games (for the most part), but not much else.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Chrono.

Can't say I'm surprised that 2D Mario's getting rehashed again. It's a shame too, since the original NSMB was a bit of a blessing... and yet, it eventually became a money maker and nothing more.

:094:
You know that is from 2009, right?

D

Deleted member

Crash in Skylanders looks alright in terms of both the design and how he plays. Could've been worse.

I would've liked to see footage of the remakes, but they're probably too early in production. I also wonder who's developing them, though I'm sure it's not Naughty Dog since cartoonish platformers aren't their thing anymore.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If you like Zelda, that's all what you're gonna get. OR Sun & Moon if they actually bothered to show something
It was reported that Gamespot would be showing off an unannounced game, right?

Hopefully it's something interesting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, Crash is exclusive to PS4/3 starter packs, BUT he's playable on any platform.
That's...odd, but I can see why they would do that. So people can still use their Crash figure in their friend's game on an Xbox or Wii U, or in the handheld version, and the mobile games.

That was an unfortunate limitation of Bowser and DK due to them being owned by Nintendo, but it's not an issue for Crash.

D

Deleted member

Well that was something. At least it was entertaining.

Not gonna lie, i wasn't super excited. I don't care about the VR, i don't care about most of the games they shown, i don't care about Skylanders (although Crash's design was actually pretty accuarate to his source material aside from the giant head) but i will keep an eye for those Crash Bandicoot remasters just in case (i hope Crash 1 remastered has analog support because i can't bring myself to fully adapt to the D-Pad controls in a 3D game, even in Crash 1 and maybe an updated saving system) and Final Fantasy XV looks nice (aside from the VR game which i don't really care about) i only have a liiiiiiitle interest on the Last Guardian just because of its large development. God of War 4 looks intriguing, but i never played GOF soooooooo.....

Pheraphs the one thing that i liked the most was the New SpiderMan game that is beign developed by Insomaniac (and from what i heard, they have bought some of the best games for any Playstation system ever, like the original Spyro Trilogy, Rachet & Clank and so on) so if i ever bring myself to buy a PS4, i already have one game to definetly look foward to.

Now that only leaves Nintendo, but to be honest, i don't expect anything mind-blowing (let alone anything exciting). Though that's mostly because i stopped caring about Zelda U/NX until it's actually released.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Holy crap that God of War trailer was pretty frikkin epic!

Haven't played any of the GoW games before but this looks like it'll be pretty frikkin awesome! This may a cool title to pick up if I ever get a PS4...

disclaimer: I'm a sucker for Norse Mythos...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy crap that God of War trailer was pretty frikkin epic!

Haven't played any of the GoW games before but this looks like it'll be pretty frikkin awesome! This may a cool title to pick up if I ever get a PS4...

disclaimer: I'm a sucker for Norse Mythos...
You should definitely get to the numbered God of War games. They're great.

Chrono.

So I just learned the devs for Days Gone were also the devs for Bubsy 3D.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(From Gaf)

Im not sure how I feel about this design yet

EDIT it isnt possible to beat sonic (brawler) in a race
I think the artstyle is more of the problem here, rather than the design.

Although i feel that that pose screams "bodacious 90's radical dude", which i think it's the bigger problem here, since it' seems they are trying to make him look "cool" (and rule of Cool 1, the one way to look un-cool is trying way too hard to be cool and hip)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Sony's conference was pretty decent. The new God of War looks interesting. The Last Guardian still looks great and it's great that it finally has a release date. Horizon looks pretty good too. Detroit has potential. I'll wait on VR, even though the new Resident Evil actually looks like it has potential.
Also, that tease with the X-Wing missions. Had that been Rogue Squadron, I would've been keeping my eye on that one, but nope, just the new Battlefront. Also, got to love everybody cheering for Kojima. That being said, that game of his looks very strange. And of course, Insomniac and Spiderman?! That one is going to be on my watch list for a long time.
Anyway, Sony's conference was very decent, so power to them.

In other news, I have all non-event Pokemon and got my Shiny Charm.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Horizon looks gorgeous...The gameplay looks really fluid as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom