• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Grab a dictionary and flip through the pages randomly. You might run into something fitting.
Replace "dictonary" with "TvTrope" and you got what I do most of the time.
Pressing the random button for Trope and/or Media is always guaranted to make you lose your time because you want to see what page you are going to get.
Then again, my main in every Smash game is the random button, so it should be expected.
kappa.png

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finally found a theme for my clothing in Moon that I liked. My character is wearing Purple and Black with Torn jeans

My sun character was easier to dress for some reason

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm.. Team Breakwater could actually work.

But then knowing the definition could spoil the plot kinda?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
what would be a good set for my Oricorio, I'm thinking of:
Baile Oricorio @Leftovers
Dancer
Rash 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Atk
Protect
Roost
Revelation Dance
Air Slash

Of course, she'd be paired with a Lilligant for Quiver Dance and Petal Dance(though that depends if it locks her on it aswell)
Thinking of doing a Dancing team with those two and a Ribombee, what would be some good Pokemon to cover their weaknesses?
The only suggestion that doesn't involve me suggesting not using Baile-Oricorio is use Hurricane instead of Air Slash. The major damage and chance of confusion is worth the risk.

I personally prefer Pom-Pom Oricorio under Eterra and Rain. Partner Pom with a ETerra setter and Pelipper, and you got a pseudo A-Raichu/Tapu Koko/Pelliper core.

D

Deleted member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AFTER FOUR ****ING HOURS I FINALLY DID IT
She has a Rash nature so that's workable, anyone has a IV calculator because I need to know how good she is with 4 hours of chaining
Definitely making a Dancing team now, gonna try to breed some Cutieflys and Petilils later
That still doesn't beat my 12+ hours of looking for the last Zygarde scale. :p And I'd usually do the IV thing, but right now I can feel my brain bleeding internally from stress, or at least that's what that feels like.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Ah, okay. Well in doubt that in general hadokens, rising anti airs, and rushdowns are common. But I don't see how that's problematic, especially to Megaman, who yeah, has those characteristics, but most 2D fighting game characters have at least two of those available to them anyway. You said it yourself, if the trope is not even talking about literal clones anyway, then what's the big deal? Pretty much every fighting game character ever has certain moves shared with another that isn't even a clone. Rising anti airs, projectiles, and rushdowns are all extremely common in 2D fighters, in fact most characters have have at least 2 of these, to be honest. And the reason why all of those are common is because they are each an effective tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The only suggestion that doesn't involve me suggesting not using Baile-Oricorio is use Hurricane instead of Air Slash. The major damage and chance of confusion is worth the risk.

I personally prefer Pom-Pom Oricorio under Eterra and Rain. Partner Pom with a ETerra setter and Pelipper, and you got a pseudo A-Raichu/Tapu Koko/Pelliper core.
I'm going for Baile because not only is Baile Oricorio one of my favorite Pokemon, its Shiny form is also one of my favorite shinies in the franchise
And if I can't use my favorites, then what's the point?
Hurricane can be useful in a Rain team but I don't like relying on RNG and the Rain hurts its Fire RD

Also, Oricorio doesn't benefit from Eterrain at all due to being Flying
Though I understand why Pom Pom is considered to have the best defensive typing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I'm a bit late to a particular conversation, but I did use Mega Man in Marvel vs Capcom 1 as one of my mains. And I use him in Smash more than any other character.

I think he should be re-adjusted in someway for Marvel vs Capcom. Namely that he should be able to use all of his weapons without stance changes. Either that, or give another Blue Bomber a shot. We haven't see Mega Man EXE in a 2-D fighter yet, for example.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Ah, okay. Well in doubt that in general hadokens, rising anti airs, and rushdowns are common. But I don't see how that's problematic, especially to Megaman, who yeah, has those characteristics, but most 2D fighting game characters have at least two of those available to them anyway. You said it yourself, if the trope is not even talking about literal clones anyway, then what's the big deal? Pretty much every fighting game character ever has certain moves shared with another that isn't even a clone. Rising anti airs, projectiles, and rushdowns are all extremely common in 2D fighters, in fact most characters have have at least 2 of these, to be honest.
To say the least, that was the point of the trope. It just shares the name with the fighting archtype since it always uses two moves from the archtype in general(or 3, and sometimes the 4th point, being a jack of all stats. This was Mario before he changed it up a lot more in Brawl. But in Melee and 64, he pretty much had all 3 key moves).

Remember, it's not Hadokens, it's Fireballs. It's pretty much the "key projectile". Just the same reason why the rising attack is often called a Dragon Punch as a more general term, since it helps people realize that the punch variant is used outside of Street Fighter in general. Some games do still keep it as a Shoryuken, of course. The rushdowns are the least common, respectively, but that's because it's evolved as a move to either be its own combo attack or a combo creator. It's safe to say it's more varied than the other two, which for the most part tend to just have that projectile that goes far(but may or may not bounce, and so on), and the anti-air is clearly most famous in its Shoryuken form(the Dragon Punch), but we know it varies anyway. Shao Kahn uses one just like than in Mortal Kombat, a high shoulder rush move that brings him into the air at an upwards angle. Clearly not a dragon punch. He actually is kind of a strange one since he has all 3 moves, but is a super heavy hard hitter so barely has anything of the archtype other than the 3 special moves(fireball, anti-air, rushdown attack).

To be clear, you didn't understand what I was referring to when I said a shotoclone and why MegaMan is treated as one by some. All I was doing was explaining why he fits that particular trope definition. It started as that. But as I said, agreeing to disagree is fine. I believe he barely fits it, you don't. Nothing wrong with that. Mind you, it was clear that my point was that MegaMan's shoto moves options apparently were a problem on him, but it didn't matter if other moveset clones/shotoclones showed up... because they're not MegaMan himself. But that wasn't all of my point anyway. As I noted, the consistency in how he added the MegaMan characters didn't add up. If you say you have one slot for a MegaMan series character, you should stick to it. If you don't, which alone is fine on its own, why would you still cut a character that is a major top fan favorite that people heavily wanted to keep in? This is why I felt that the exclusion of him from 3 was poorly done. Making this decision right after you cancelled MegaMan Legends 3 was a kick in the teeth to many fans. Now, it's just bad timing, and at the very least, MegaMan(in his boxart glory) was in another game, but some didn't like that cause well, he was an ugly humanoid. Keep in mind my opinion is based upon the total actions. There's some indication that MegaMan himself didn't appear to be super popular enough to get back in like Tron did, but nothing really cited that. There's apparently a case that MegaMan X himself on the other hand topped a fanpoll, but the tropes pages clearly didn't cite it either, so I took it with a grain of salt. Plus, like you said, Zero is definitely the most popular of the X-series characters. Also, notably, Irafune wanted him as the main character of the series. He left before MvC3 came out(although I don't know if he left before it started development). It's funny that it's Capcom that pushed Zero as the de facto MegaMan X series character, not his creator who wanted that.

Chrono.

I know I'm a bit late to a particular conversation, but I did use Mega Man in Marvel vs Capcom 1 as one of my mains. And I use him in Smash more than any other character.

I think he should be re-adjusted in someway for Marvel vs Capcom. Namely that he should be able to use all of his weapons without stance changes. Either that, or give another Blue Bomber a shot. We haven't see Mega Man EXE in a 2-D fighter yet, for example.
He actually was.

So far the only Megamen to have skipped out on spinoffs are the ZX protags and Star Force Megaman.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He actually was.

So far the only Megamen to have skipped out on spinoffs are the ZX protags and Star Force Megaman.
Although X himself is not directly playable in a 2D fighter unless I missed the memo on this. I'm not counting costumes, but the actual character. He definitely has some neat costume appearances, but he's still fairly popular so he should be getting that at the very least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course I'm dead, jotaro killed me.
Not bad at all. I actually want DiU and VA to be done with ASAP so we can get in more jotaro time with SO.
that.....does seem unfair if they can get KC in, and abacchio in with another game....High priestess is easy to work in, or so I'd imagine.

So to whoever told me about Izetta: The Last Witch (I think it was @Zoroarking ), I started watching the first couple minutes of it. Looks alright right now.

This is High Priestess. Midler, the Stand Master, didn't even have a ****ing design before the fighting game. Capcom got her to work in a fighting game
YET WHERE ARE MY GODDAMN FOO FIGHTERS AND HOT PANTS?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I recently saw Moana. While I think Zootopia beats it by a little bit, it's a really good film, watch it if you have the chance.

The short film Inner Workings was pretty charming. The style and animation reminded me of Rayman, makes me want a Rayman animated film.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm going for Baile because not only is Baile Oricorio one of my favorite Pokemon, its Shiny form is also one of my favorite shinies in the franchise
And if I can't use my favorites, then what's the point?
I'm not telling you to use anything. Just throwing my opinion out there. Use whoever you want.
Hurricane can be useful in a Rain team but I don't like relying on RNG and the Rain hurts its Fire RD
Like I said, the risk is worth it. Air Slash is a very weak Flying-Type move that won't serve Oricorio well. Hurricane does have a tendency to miss, but it hits a lot harder and has the chance to confuse.
Also, Oricorio doesn't benefit from Eterrain at all due to being Flying
...I'm never going to remember that. Lol sorry. This is a constant thing to me that birds (Flying/Levitate) get no terrain benefits. Which sucks because Psychic/Electric Terra could be useful to Pom Pom.
Though I understand why Pom Pom is considered to have the best defensive typing
I do want to clarify that I like Pom Pom because its the cutest of the four in my opinion, not because of it's typing. I personally wouldn't use Oricorio period if versing others.

That being said, Pom Pom has a great typing that removes Ground weakness completely while also becoming immune to it. Its not Zapdos but its got the typing.

But yeah, I personally wouldn't use it. I just like Pom Pom is all. The others are kinda meh, in my opinion.

Last edited:
While at work a customer'sphone went off and I recognized at as Randy Orton's theme, voices. So yes, i was hearing voices

So i got to have a nice but short talk about WWE while working.

Also someone was calling their daughter Ruby Rose and i cant help but hope it's a RWBY reference.
:061:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He actually was.

But that's a Smash styled game with some 3-D levels. I knew about Onimusha Blade Warriors. If I ever play that one, I'm probably only using Mega Man though.

I do like some of the moves he has in it. Stomps, Slide Kicks, Drill Kicks, Flamethrowers, Buster, Terry's Crack Shoot.

Star Force Mega Man would also be great, some of his moves are references to Street Fighter or to the Mega Man Battle Network series. He has Chun-Li's kicks, Flaming Uppercuts, Something similar to the Top Spin(but useful) and Protoman's sword combo as an example. And that's hardly scratching the surface for his weapons.

D

Deleted member

I'm not telling you to use anything. Just throwing my opinion out there. Use whoever you want.

Like I said, the risk is worth it. Air Slash is a very weak Flying-Type move that won't serve Oricorio well. Hurricane does have a tendency to miss, but it hits a lot harder and has the chance to confuse.

...I'm never going to remember that. Lol sorry. This is a constant thing to me that birds (Flying/Levitate) get no terrain benefits. Which sucks because Psychic/Electric Terra could be useful to Pom Pom.

I do want to clarify that I like Pom Pom because its the cutest of the four in my opinion, not because of it's typing. I personally wouldn't use Oricorio period if versing others.

That being said, Pom Pom has a great typing that removes Ground weakness completely while also becoming immune to it. Its not Zapdos but its got the typing.

But yeah, I personally wouldn't use it. I just like Pom Pom is all. The others are kinda meh, in my opinion.
Pom Pom's typing is good because it adds resistances to its fixed Flying type without the cost of added weaknesses or losing resistances

Though I'd like some recommendations on who to use for this team
I'm thinking a Steel type since it covers most of the team's current weaknesses and a Water type to cover Lilligant and Ribombee's Fire weakness

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Charjabug sounds just like a novelty bus horn and I love it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I recently saw Moana. While I think Zootopia beats it by a little bit, it's a really good film, watch it if you have the chance.

The short film Inner Workings was pretty charming. The style and animation reminded me of Rayman, makes me want a Rayman animated film.
Piper is the best animated short I've seen in years, everything was so adorable, I nearly cried at how cute that was

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got Team Extreme.

That could work.
How about Team Extreme and Team Mundane

Team Extreme seem like the real villains with their crazy over the top antics but Team Mundane are the true evil, wanting to create their own utopian/ distopian world where everything is grey and lifeless

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Piper is the best animated short I've seen in years, everything was so adorable, I nearly cried at how cute that was
That one was also really good. The animation was beautiful.

It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between CG and live action nowadays.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone heard of #PizzaGate

I think there is some seriously corruption going on

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is my upcoming Trick Room team. Its still a WIP but its coming together.

A-Exeggutor@??? Berry*
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
Dragon Hammer/Trick Room/Wood Hammer/Earthquake
---
Slowking@Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
Scald/Psyshock/Trick Room/Fire Blast
---
Crabominable (Shiny)@Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter*
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
Close Combat/Power-Up Punch/Ice Hammer/Earthquake

*Need to find out which healing berry is best for Brave nature. The ones that heal 50% now.

*Will have to use an Ability Capsule to get Hyper Cutter.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Where everyone uses Barbaracle.
Now now, you know all the mooks would just have Binacle.

Can't have the majority of the evil team actually be high level and competent, after all.

And the Leader of the team would mark the introduction of Mega Barbaracle, so now we can use tortured amalgamations of the souls of dead barnacles to grow even more barnacles on our humanoid figure made of barnacles.

Barnacle.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom