• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guzzlord is in both versions, you are confusing it with Buzzwole who is Sun exclusive
[Nah, I'm not thinking of Buzzhole, I'm thinking of the huge and heavy pillar-like UB. I never came across that.

Edit: So Celesteel and Kartana are the counteeparts that I'm thinking of? That makes sense actually, was about to say, otherwise Moon would have more UBs total in the total amount you catch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's actually what I was going for lol
Best form is Pom Pom due to its great defensive typing and it also covers Lilligant's Flying weakness
Personal pick would be Baile and it can cover Steel types which would normally wall the two
Also, Sensu gets two immunities and Fake Out immunity is great to have
Lol Pa'u lol

Oh, so it's where Guzzlord shows up later
I got two of the cells, will come back tomorrow for the night one
Baile would also work well with a Lilligant with Clorophyl or Leaf Guard and Sunny Day but I'm running one with Own Tempo.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought of a battle strategy but I'm not sure if it's competitivly viable.

Basically, double battle Lilligant and Oricorio. Near all of Lilligant's moves are dance attacks so Oricorio can copy them and they both get stronger.

Do you think this will work and what forme of Oricorrio would be the best?
I asked one of my IRL friends, who played Doubles more then I have, and he gave me this setup. Instead of using Lilligant though, he uses Ribombee. He calls it the "Bird and Bee" combo. :laugh:

Oricorio-Sensu@Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Speed
Modest Nature
RevelationDance/Hurricane/Roost/HP Fire
---
Ribombee@Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Speed
Timid Nature
Pollen Puff/Moon Blast/Quiver Dance/Speed Swap

I can't really explain the effectiveness of this set. I'll have to try it myself. But this is all I got regarding this Oricorio thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I looked at the initial trailer for Sun and Moon.
Screenshot (355).png

The concept art on the left side doesn't appear at all in game and the hotel is slightly redesigned. The late is sensical, but the former is interesting to consider if Stars is right.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
View attachment 121387

The concept art on the left side doesn't appear at all in game and the hotel is slightly redesigned. The late is sensical, but the former is interesting to consider if Stars is right.
I also don't see any Blastoise on top of Fire Trucks in the game.

They changed or didn't use a bunch of the concept art from that trailer

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd Like to have been there when they though up
Buzzwole and Phermosa. Like someone was like "we need a ****ing ripped as hell mosquito and a sexy cockroach" it's just ridiculous.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When did I say that the left couldn't do the same? People who make up and exaggerate how bad Hillary is are just as bad and fear mongering as people that do it for Trump.

So you have Sun or Moon? If moon it's not Guzzlord, but rather the other huge UB I forget the name of, if I remember correctly.
I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I was just saying I was reminded of both. Hence the horseshoe comment.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 121387

Not everything that has concept art is taken to the final product...some things get cut out for one reason or another or gets changed...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since I tend to be known as the "Sonic Unleashed lad" around here, and I just feel like posting about this somewhere because I find it super exciting, I figured I'd put this here.

I don't know the details on how, but someone managed to get a hold of pre-release builds of a bunch of Sonic games from around the 2008-2012 era of Sonic games. Included in the batch is a build of Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360) that not only has a bunch of unused/beta elements (and is split across two disks), but it also has a debug mode, so naturally it seems to be garnering the most interest in the Sonic Research community since it could provide a lot of interesting insight into how the game works.

The Sonic Retro thread for it is here:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=36209&st=0

And here's a few screenshots:

Beta World Map screen

A stage select screen that can be found in the beta.

The beta version of Savannah Citadel Night that was seen in early trailers for the game (and was later retooled into a DLC stage for the retail game). The Werehog's UI also matches how it was in early promotional screenshots for the game. You can also see an untextured object beside Sonic.

On the results screen for levels, there is a "Replay" function that allows you to replay a level once you finish it. This for some reason wasn't in the final game, but was later incorporated into Sonic Generations.

Spawning Goal Rings to cheese boss fights. :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 121387

Looks like stuff that either got take out of the final game or was changed

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I also don't see any Blastoise on top of Fire Trucks in the game.

They changed or didn't use a bunch of the concept art from that trailer
I noticed that as well.The lack of Blastoise surprised me. In fact, it's not even in the dex.
A lot changed or the rumor could be true.
Not everything that has concept art is taken to the final product...some things get cut out for one reason or another or gets changed...
Fair point, but I thought I'd mention it as that's the big point of the stars rumor. It makes sense though looking at the Concept art.

The motels were pretty changed, and the above is worth considering. The dex even got rewrote then. I just found it something neat and worth bringing up. If it's true, then that really is clever that they showed Stars so stealthy. It makes sense to because at the point of it's announcement, Sun and Moon definitely had major work done at the time, so showing concept was odd.

Could mean nothing though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Stars is real, I wouldn't be surprised if some scrapped concepts got reused. Some scrapped Pokemon were apparently remade into a normal one later. I can't remember which ones when I saw them on Bulbapedia were fully reused later.

That said, some of the plans for Galaxy was used in Galaxy 2, as well as the previously noted Rush Drill finally seeing use in Marvel VS Capcom.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 121387

I noticed the hotel yesterday.

Most of it's design details are aesthetic/spoiler hiding since it lacks the big banners of two Alolan Pokemon that would obviously be spoilers at the time and two of the three Pokemon there that aren't on the official one are on the Alola Dex, but Spheal is interesting because it's not on the current Alolan Dex. . .

The upper two concept arts appear to be things that are already in the game but with details like the billboards and the cars missing for example. The lower two building ones I can't quite make out, though. . .

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone happen to have a Galvanize Geodude they can trade?

My best bet seems to be getting lucky from wonder trade

D

Deleted member

Baile would also work well with a Lilligant with Clorophyl or Leaf Guard and Sunny Day but I'm running one with Own Tempo.
There's not much reason to NOT use Own Tempo since it allows Lilligant to spam a 120 STAB move
View attachment 121387

That's just early concept art of the motels
Really guys, this is becoming the next Hoenn confirmed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's not much reason to NOT use Own Tempo since it allows Lilligant to spam a 120 STAB move

Oh I still doubt a 3rd game so early. Especially since remakes come first. But I can entertain the idea since the sources are somewhat solid.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
XY did give legit hints here and there to ORAS. So that's not a fair comparison.

It's fun to speculate ideas for what Stars(if we believe it to be real) could have, though, including using old concept arts.

Although I'm not getting a vibe that anyone thinks this is a hint towards Stars at all, just that Stars could old scrapped ideas(if the game is real, anyway). Different arguments altogether.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I havent touched WT is such a log time. Ive been getting Wingulls so much
It's helping me fill my pokedex by giving me pokemon that suck so much I wouldn't catch them myself

Also, people using UB Balls on normal pokemon to bring your hopes up and destroy them with a ratatta

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

This is High Priestess. Midler, the Stand Master, didn't even have a ****ing design before the fighting game. Capcom got her to work in a fighting game
YET WHERE ARE MY GODDAMN FOO FIGHTERS AND HOT PANTS?
I know who midler is, I finished SC XD.
They literally gave her a design because High Priestess before it was a giant rock formation seems like something pretty easy to do. Why would she not be able to be in a fighting game?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason I'm getting NOTHING but Japanese Abras. Even from people that aren't Japanese

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
XY did give legit hints here and there to ORAS. So that's not a fair comparison.

It's fun to speculate ideas for what Stars(if we believe it to be real) could have, though, including using old concept arts.

Although I'm not getting a vibe that anyone thinks this is a hint towards Stars at all, just that Stars could old scrapped ideas(if the game is real, anyway). Different arguments altogether.
You know. . .it's funny, but XY gave some hints about Sun and Moon as well.

I'm looking for things that could be in Stars because it's fun to see if anything ends up being important later on, but I wonder if there's any secret hints about the next fully new region lying around.

Or if there isn't but Stars turns out to definitely be a thing, if Stars will add such hints.

I will say that I think there's more evidence for Stars than just leaks from already pretty reliable sources, both in the playable portion of the game and in the guts of it, hence why I'm leaning a bit more strongly towards it existing than most. Granted XY had it's fair share of scrapped features visible both via play and in the code as well, but in combination with the leaks the things I'm seeing here are a bit. . .odder. Things that are conspicuous for their absence rather than their presence. It makes speculating a bit more fun.

D

Deleted member

So glad I got Guilty Gear to play now... Video sums things up about right, lol.

D

Deleted member

Think I've gotten the right set for my Oricorio:
Oricorio (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Rash Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Protect
- Roost

Paired with a Lilligant I'm still not sure what set is going to use but probably this:
Lilligant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Petal Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Lilligant doesn't have the most amazing of type coverages so this will do
Still thinking on the other members and I think I'm gonna scrap Ribombee

Status