• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just beat the Po Town section and the Ula'ula Kahuna
"Altar of the Sunne"
Wait, I think you guys got the wrong game
Ula'ula Meadow is beautiful though and I could take pics of Baile Oricorio all day

Damn, seeing that place totally destroyed by Team Skull is kinda sad, also because that's the place they live in now

Guzma was a joke though lol, Emergency Exit is just so exploitable

Plumeria actually has some good plans, waiting for the heroes to leave and stealing the Pokemon when no one's around to stop her
Aether House needs some locks, man

And Gladion just battles me for no reason but it's cool to see he has a Sneasel

Nanu was disappointing, it's like they didn't think he'd need buildup or an actual NEW Dark Pokemon

Finally the big storming on the enemy base, good god the Aether themes are just so good

"I'm the Aether's Foundation last line of defense"
*only Pokemon gets one-shot by Shadow Claw*
Geez, the Employees were thougher than you

Backstory time of Null and Cosmog
Nebby is an UB and Null was Full and there were two others, uh...

Faba actually thought of something unlike previous villains who would just let you progress for no reason
He still easy tho

Wicke turns out to be a good guy and heals my Pokemon yay

Lol at the Grunt who knows he can't beat you and then...

****ing Guzma made Masquerain look intimidating(pun intended), ****** critted my Lycanroc with Bug Buzz so I had to heal-stall with Mimikyu until it missed and then switch onto Lycanroc for the OHKO Rock Slide
And how the **** is Pinsir faster than my Oricorio wtf

And then the Lusamine fight, oh man, that music was SO good, it wasn't hard but nost of my team had some advantage over her
But **** me if I didn't **** my pants when her Clefable used Metronome and... used Sky Attack... I'll take the free switch thank you very much

Guess this isn't over yet, now onto Poni Isla-- OH MY GOD LILLIE LOOKS SO CUTE

Yay, Master Ball, thanks Gladion
LMFAO, it's funny how much emergency exit screws Guzma over, here's this very intimidating and strong pokemon, take out a good chunk of its health, gone before it could do much else. LMFAO.

If anything, his *Whatever the **** it's called, I can't remember it for the life of me and bulbapedia is crashing one me* was his biggest threat because of air slash. Then again anything with air slash in this game has been my biggest problem because it also tend to flinch me none stop.

Also, first encounter Nanu is very easy, however, his second encounter is a lot harder, I was done to one pokemon, and this was with me using Buzzwole too which is the only thing that stopped my team from getting destroyed. Though I didn't bring Primirina, which probably would've helped a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still like Golisopod, despite having an ability that screws it over. He's difficult to use, but rewarding when it goes well.

The good thing is, his ability only activates once. So, once he's sent out you can heal him, bring him back in, first impression and do good the rest of the fight

Kind of funny I went with Wishiwashi and Golisopod, who both have disadvantages at certain health percentages. I really liked both of them though

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The advantage Merciless Toxapex has is ignoring stat boosts with crits
And Toxapex doesn't have the Sp.Attack base to pull it off. Honchkrow does, and all it needs is Super Luck and Z-Tailwind.
And of course I'm familiar with team support, that's why I don't get your point of it "not being able to poison Steel, Poison or Immunity Pokemon"
Because on the point of an offensive Pokémon, you need to have more coverage then a stall Pokémon does, and Toxapex doesn't have the coverage required for the specific type of playstyle you're attempting. It needs to Poison something in order to DO something. As a stall Pokémon, it doesn't need coverage. It needs support. Regen, Recover, Scald and Toxic are fantastic support options- especially on Toxapex.

There are better offensive Pokémon who you could be using. Instead you're taking a Pokémon that isn't and trying to force it to be when its not, and it performs terribly in the long run. That's the simple truth.
I'm not saying Regen Toxapex isn't good but that Merciless can be viable as well, looking at SE matchups:
252+ SpA Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 366-432 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra on a critical hit: 94-112 (24.6 - 29.3%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after poison damage
Clefable is a poor example as its weak against Poison, so obviously its going to leave a dent. But you got to poison it first, which takes a turn (except Toxic Spikes), and if it has Magic Guard, you just gave it immunity to Paralysis and Sleep. It can then just easily switch out to another Pokémon to avoid the upgraded Venoshock.

Goodra tanks it as it should, and will get a Thunderbolt on Toxapex after Toxapex uses Toxic to first poison Goodra and then another.

See what I'm saying here? You have to POISON the Pokémon first BEFORE you get the applied bonuses, which unless Toxic Spikes are out, forces Toxapex to use a turn to Poison, which Goodra can respond to with Thunderbolt. And Defog/Rapid Spin is everywhere.
Toxic does even more(though Baneful Banker is better against physical attackers)
Use Toxic. Its more dependable. Baneful Bunker is another horrible move on Toxapex and that's explained here.
Its bulk is more than enough to survive enough hits with a 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk+ distribution, add a Life Orb or Leftovers to how you prefer its durability or power and you've got a 53 base Sp.Atk being able to 3HKO a Pokemon with 150 base Sp.Def
At this point we're going in circles. I'm going to go over once again why this doesn't work, why a 3HKO on Goodra means nothing of Merciless's viability, and leave it at that.
  • It doesn't have enough coverage to support an offensive play style. Poison alone will make it a counter magnet. Even if you have team mates who answer Toxapex's weaknesses, if they are KO'd, Toxapex is a wasted slot.
  • Its too weak. Again, a 3HKO on Goodra isn't significant when you have to poison it in order to deal effective damage. That takes either an additional turn or requires Toxic Spikes. And Goodra can follow with two-three Thunderbolts.
  • Requires Poison. This is much more prominent then you think. From Lum Berry to Immunity, Sub to Taunt, there's a variety of ways to avoid/remove Toxic, and as a result, depending on Poison for attacking is way too risky and doesn't have long term effects because you would have to poison the next target in order to be useful once more. That's why Smellingsalts, Venoshock and such aren't highly used attacks.
For more information (because I'm done discussing this), visit Smogon and get their opinions on it. They are knowledgeable about this kind of thing and they will explain better then I can why Merciless is not the ability to use on Toxapex, and why you should be using it as a tank/wall.

D

Deleted member

>Has the Wii Virtual Console version of Majora's Mask.
>Can't upgrade to the Wii U VC version for a discounted price.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm using masuda method breeding sanshrew

Really though, I'm not trying to get a shiny more as just one with a good nature

Edit: The shiny would just be icing on the cake

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've seen some speculate that Trevenant may get more usage due to the increased Trick Room presence this season. That's good; Trevenant has always been one of my favorites.

Sharing a typing with Dhelmise could be bad but they fill different niches anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think trevenant was my second favorite, or at least in my top 5, of last gen

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Happy Thanksgiving people!
hope everyone's day is swell. Thanksgiving this year is a normal day for me,since my mom's working and she took the priority to cook food the day before. but I am currently full on Pecan Pie,so its all good.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It is, but some of them would buy it a week later anyway. :p
Tell that to the people who intentionally didn't buy Corrin on purpose for him to be the poorest selling DLC character.

And this is all because Fire Emblem was too overepped for their tastes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just realized that there are multiple areas around Alola that seem conspicuously empty/inaccessible that could potentially be areas in Pokemon Stars. To go over the list:

+Dream Park off of Route 8, can currently be used to restore Fossils but owner expresses interest in an entire Jurassic Park type locale
+Empty lot in Malie City, can be seen from official map, has construction materials in the middle of it. The same size as the neighboring buildings.
+Patch of dirt in Konikoni City, also has construction materials on part of it, also the same size as the neighboring buildings.
+Inaccessible lighthouse just north of the dirt patch in Konikoni City, has a fence in front of a walking path clearly designed to lead up to it.

These are the four I've spotted so far. I wondered at first how they could slip improvements into the same map, but there's actually some stuff right in front of us. Can you guys notice anything else like this?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Tell that to the people who intentionally didn't buy Corrin on purpose for him to be the poorest selling DLC character.

And this is all because Fire Emblem was too overepped for their tastes.
And I find it rather petty honestly. Corrin is actually a fun character to use.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And I find it rather petty honestly. Corrin is actually a fun character to use.
Exactly. Too bad it's all about reps and more reps when it comes to the fandom.

And considering that Roy was as much as an advertisement as Corrin...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AAAAAAA SOMEONE HAD MAREANIE ON GTS AND THEY ONLY WANTED A MERE CASTFORM I GOT ONE OF THE STUPIDLY HARDEST POKEMON BY CHANCE
I've been giving away Mereanie on GTS for things like sanshrew and dewpider

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Exactly. Too bad it's all about reps and more reps when it comes to the fandom.

And considering that Roy was as much as an advertisement as Corrin...
If SMX were still here, he would be pissed for you comparing Roy to Corrin.

But it's partially true that both characters existed for the same reason, even if one had been cut for two whole games before returning as DLC.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG my ham is smelling delicious

I added cloves, and I just love the smell of cloves.

I added Honey, Brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, orange juice, and the cloves.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Finding a Dhelmise has been harder than the entirety of Sun/Moon so far.
Less than 1% chance because there's also the chance of finding items.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
is there even solid proof this game even exsists? Other the Rumors
Well, I don't know how solid in terms of concrete, but if by solid you mean "physical" then there's at least SOMETHING.

I heard at one point that there are apparently empty Pokedex spaces saved aside in the Alola Pokedex's coding. That would imply to me that a third version with additional wild Pokemon might be coming.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of SMX, what ever happened to him? Hopefully Oogie didn't kidnap him for his grand Halloween bug feats.

Another comparison between Roy and Corrin is they both come from objectively bad Fire Emblems.
It doesn't help the fact that the Royal Siblings are too good for their own good. You can just win most of the battles with them and Corrin can barely take hits in latter chapters unless you reclass him into something good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another comparison between Roy and Corrin is they both come from objectively bad Fire Emblems.
Except Conquest is great gameplay wise and doesn't force you to babysit a forced deployment unit through 20 chapters

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't know how you can say either Fates or Binding Blade are objectively bad.

Personally, I enjoy FE6 more than either of the other GBA FE games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Except Conquest is great gameplay wise and doesn't force you to babysit a forced deployment unit through 20 chapters
Agreed. Conquest is good from a gameplay perspective.

It's just that it suffers alot from the story and its own weak villains (****ing Garon for example).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know how you can say either Fates or Binding Blade are objectively bad.

Personally, I enjoy FE6 more than either of the other GBA FE games.
Binding Blade sucks cause Roy is ****ty and doesn't promote until like the second or third last chapter.

Fates sucks cause Corrin and his siblings barring Azura, Elise and Sakura are basically untouchable.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Objectively bad" is almost an oxymoron in the video game community. Nostalgia, predetermined opinions, fandom rivarly, and a game's status within it's own series being equated to it's status across all games are just the start of the various problems that occur.

I will say that there is an irony in the fact that Nintendo went out of their way to look for a professional writer to handle their game and then ended up with a plotline far more poorly received than past titles that hadn't had professional writers because of it. It will be interesting to see if and how Nintendo tries to fix it since this was already their attempt at fixing the writing and it backfired.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh boy....tomorrow is going to be a hard day.
I hope I won't break because of over stressing myself and listen closely to what the teacher will tell me for the day...
Agreed. Conquest is good from a gameplay perspective.

It's just that it suffers alot from the story and its own weak villains (****ing Garon for example).
Yeah, it's a shame that the story was so poorly executed.
Because honestly, there was a perfectly good plot to be made, some character have interesting backstory and being the "bad guys" for once could have make a really great story with a grey mentality!
Instead, you get groans of increasing discomfort.
Yeah...what a waste of great characters and possibility.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So what are you guys thankful for?
Thankful for the stuff that happened to me this year. It was a good year overall.

I had never been confident about my speaking skills (in an interview or in front of an audience.) But I ended up getting praised by the teacher for my presentation, and I got selected in an interview for a job, which was a big boost to my self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom